Publisher w/ Digital Imaging

I just bought Publisher with Digital Imaging. I actually bought it for
Publisher and just wanted to check out the bonus program that came with it.
Wow! Digital Imaging is my favorite program now. You can do so many cool
things with it. I also own Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro. Digital Imaging is,
I think, better than both of them. Why is it not sold separately?
The only suggestions I have for Digital Imaging, are that a background
eraser be added as in Jasc Paint Shop Pro and templates with more frames and
photo projects be made available on the microsoft website for download.
Also, PLEASE sell this separately in the future. What an awesome program!
0
StarzS (1)

Digital Imaging is sold separately in two choices. Digital Image Pro and
Digital Image Suite. See
http://www.microsoft.com/products/info/list.aspx?view=22&pcid=2dbbcb25-faea-4722-91e0-a6016bb33a29&type=ctg
for details.

As for suggestions for future options,

Microsoft has a great site filled with lots of wonderful information. Spend
some time rooting around in there and I'm sure you'll be amazed at all of
the info you never thought existed. For example, were you aware there is an
upgrade rebate? Did you know there was some FREE online training available?
(http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/CR061832741033.aspx)

And while I'm at it, did you make sure that you checked for any product
upgrades?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"StarzS" <StarzS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just bought Publisher with Digital Imaging. I actually bought it for
> Publisher and just wanted to check out the bonus program that came with
> it.
> Wow! Digital Imaging is my favorite program now. You can do so many cool
> things with it. I also own Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro. Digital Imaging
> is,
> I think, better than both of them. Why is it not sold separately?
> The only suggestions I have for Digital Imaging, are that a background
> eraser be added as in Jasc Paint Shop Pro and templates with more frames
> and
> photo projects be made available on the microsoft website for download.
> Also, PLEASE sell this separately in the future. What an awesome program!

0
jl_amerson (3088)
4/10/2005 7:03:57 PM
Background eraser? Just wondering if you
mean you would like to save your selection
as a separate project? If so...maybe the
following steps will be useful:

I'm sure you discovered that you can define
your cutout by using the Advanced Selection
tools....the trick is how to save the cutout as
a separate project.

After you define your selection (cutout), copy
the selected object by typing...Ctrl / C...

Now... open a blank canvas by left clicking
the "New" button (or Ctrl / N)...and Paste the
cutout...Ctrl / V...the blank will autofit the cutout.
(Autofit is a new feature in DIP10)

So the simple steps are...

1) Define your selection with the
Advanced Selection tools...
2) Ctrl / C
3) Ctrl / N
4) Ctrl / V

--

John Inzer

"StarzS" <StarzS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just bought Publisher with Digital Imaging. I actually bought it for
> Publisher and just wanted to check out the bonus program that came with
> it.
> Wow! Digital Imaging is my favorite program now. You can do so many cool
> things with it. I also own Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro. Digital Imaging
> is,
> I think, better than both of them. Why is it not sold separately?
> The only suggestions I have for Digital Imaging, are that a background
> eraser be added as in Jasc Paint Shop Pro and templates with more frames
> and
> photo projects be made available on the microsoft website for download.
> Also, PLEASE sell this separately in the future. What an awesome program!

0
oobie (2069)
4/10/2005 8:10:24 PM
StarzS wrote:
> I just bought Publisher with Digital Imaging. I actually bought it for
> Publisher and just wanted to check out the bonus program that came
> with it. Wow! Digital Imaging is my favorite program now. You can do
> so many cool things with it. I also own Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro.
> Digital Imaging is, I think, better than both of them. Why is it not
> sold separately?
> The only suggestions I have for Digital Imaging, are that a background
> eraser be added as in Jasc Paint Shop Pro and templates with more
> frames and photo projects be made available on the microsoft website
> for download. Also, PLEASE sell this separately in the future. What
> an awesome program!

If you think DI is better than PS, then you don't have the first clue as to
the finer machinations of PS. There is a reason PS costs �600+ because it is
the world's best image editor. You cannot say a �30 program is better than
one costing 20 times as much. It might be better for you because PS is
probably far more powerful than you'll ever need, but you cannot say DI is
better - it isn't a professional tool, PS is.

--
In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol:  http://www.dts-l.org/

0
test1951 (392)
4/10/2005 11:26:57 PM
StarzS <StarzS@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> Digital Imaging is my favorite program now. You can do
> so many cool things with it. I also own Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro.
> Digital Imaging is, I think, better than both of them.

Photoshop is the best tool in the world if you are able to use it.

An easy-to-use tool is great if you don't want a learning curve, but if you
want true power, you have to put up with the steep slope.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)

file share access to w2k8 host needed from image
hi, i am currently using vs 2005 r2 sp1 on a windows 2008 host machine (secured by ipsec). i now want to have file share access to my host from any image. when i try to run "net share \\<hostmachine>\c$" i do receive an error as following: "the network path was not found". please note: - either image client can access shares on different computers - i can access my host from any other client in network (no virtual one) using "net share \\<hostmachine>\c$" - stop ipsec on host does not change anything so the problem probably has to do with some f...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

publisher #74

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Sending Publisher Files

Transparent image in background
Help! How do I insert a picture file (jpeg) in a spreadsheet so that it is in the background an semi- transparent when I print the sheet? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Jay Jay, Sounds like you want a watermark. This is my standard reply Many examples, but my favourite is at Aaron Blood's website at http://www.xl-logic.com/pages/formulas.html Ron de Bruin has a utility at http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/Watermark.zip And finally, if you're using Excel 2002, look for "Watermarks using Excel XP" at this site: http://cpap.com.br/orlando -- HTH ...

Digitally signed Excel project problem
When trying to save a digitally signed Excel project in Office 2000, I get the error message "Excel cannot sign VBA macros when saving to this file format. ...... How do I fix this problem please? ...

Publisher 2000 #23

Publisher 2003

upgrade publisher

Microsoft Publisher ?

Why is publisher newsletter not page wide when sent
When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it it is about 4" wide. I want it to be page wide when it is sent to a client. What do I need to do? What do you call "page wide"? If you had started with the email template, you would not have width issues. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Donna McDermed" <DonnaMcDermed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5974DDA0-2E2D-4495-A5EB-FBF8F543482B@microsoft.com... > When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it > it > is abo...

Help Publishing Custom Form
I have published a custom task form to my Organizational Forms Library following the instructions here: http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=34. It works great, and now I have 2 quick questions regarding selecting the published forms: 1. Can I make the forms available by selecting the NEW menu, so I don't have to choose the form, and then browse to find it? I would like be able to select New and have it show my custom form there AND the default task form for that folder. 2. If not, I think I am supposed to be able to highlight the task folder, then select the ACTION menu and see ...

Publisher for MAC
I would like to be able to use some of the publisher features on my MACBOOK PRO, but have been unable to locate the software, I waited for Office 2008 for Mac and it wasn't there :( when are you going to have it available for we mac afficianado's? -- If you try it you can be sure if you don''t like it, if you don''t try it your assuming. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see t...

OL email w/ OE NEWS ????
Is it possible to use OE's reader with Outlook? I seem to have had that going for awhile. Then something happened. I have my old Outlook Express set as NOT my default mail reader, but as my default News reader. Are there problems inherent to this setup? I mean if I were able to remove the bugs from the set-up as I have it, could it work safely? I am running XP home and Office XP Professional 2002. Thanks, Ginny Outlook uses OE as its news reader by default, but for that to occur, Outlook (not OE) should be set as your default news reader. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] &qu...

convert Publisher document to Word
I created name tags in Publisher and want to convert them to a Word document so I and type a different name on each tag. I did it once and can't remember how - have tried saving the Publisher file as a Word file, but it only saves the text, not the formatting. Help! Hi Paula (pkrantz@thediscoveryalliance.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I created name tags in Publisher and want to convert them || to a Word document so I and type a different name on each || tag. I did it once and can't remember how - have tried || saving the Publisher file as a Word file, but it...

How do I get upgarde for publisher 98 to 2000 ?
I have set up the publisher 98 but I have installed in office 2000 on my pc. My system is run win xp so now microsoft update office 2000 SR-1 ...so what shall I do then . aknz2004 wrote: >I have set up the publisher 98 but I have installed in > office 2000 on my pc. My system is run win xp so now > microsoft update office 2000 SR-1 ...so what shall I do > then . ======================================= If you want Publisher 2000, you'll have to purchase a copy of the program. You cannot upgrade Pub98 to Pub2000...they are two separate programs. -- John Inzer return e-mail...

How can I use a display a working spreadsheet as a presentation w.
I need to present a live spreadsheet to a meeting without all the menu bars , scroll bars etc ( as if the spreadsheet was a print , but capable of being changed at will ) How can I do this ? Is it possible in Powerpoint ? ..... or how ? How about going to tools, options an then the view tab. De-tick anything you dont want and press ok. Then go to view and full screen. This is about the closest you can get. Regards Nick Shinkins >-----Original Message----- >I need to present a live spreadsheet to a meeting without all the menu bars , >scroll bars etc ( as if the spread...

Publisher 2000 Publish error
Hi, I'm working with someone using Publisher 2000 who has added an FTP site and over a dial up connection tries to publish. He proceeds and then gets an error as transfer seems to be attempted: "Publisher could not save the file to the web. Please check URL or network address." He is saving as a web page and then trying to upload with appropriate credentials. I've asked that anti-virus (McAfee) and win XP firewall be off as well as a web accelerator but the error persists. I've Googled the error and have found scant information. Any help is appreciated. Try the fo...

2003 publisher w/XP and 2007 publisher w/Vista
I have numerous publisher files in XP that I'm emailing to have opened in Vista. Although the file can be opened the text is scrambled. Any ideas? Were the files created with standard fonts? Maybe your recipient doesn't have the font you used on their computer. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "JULIEW" <JULIEW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CE85845-A3C2-4A00-80D7-81E27126C8B5@microsoft.com... >I have numerous publisher files in XP that I'm emailing to have opened in > Vista. Although the file can be opened the text is scrambled. ...

Publisher/Adobe PDF
How do I convert a document made in Publisher to an Adobe PDF? Coni Crone <Coni Crone@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > How do I convert a document made in Publisher to an Adobe PDF? For an Adobe PDF, you'll need an Adobe Product. Namely, Adobe Acrobat. With v7 and later, simply click the button on the Adobe PDF Toolbar. In older versions, you'll have to select File > Print and select the Adobe PDF or Acrobat Distiller printer. For a generic PDF readable by Adobe Reader, there are any number of cheap and/or free applications you can use...

Images
I have a MFC that loads bmp pictures and shows them Since I show them in different sizes (different from their origin size), I can't just load and show them by using StretchBlt method. I tried that and it ruins the quality of the pictures so I am using the Palette of the colors I have those lines in my code BITMAPFILEHEADER bmfHeader BITMAPINFOHEADER bmiHeader BITMAPCOREHEADER bmcHeader CFile dibFile( lpszFileName, CFile::modeRead ) dwFileSize = dibFile.GetLength() if( dibFile.Read( ( LPSTR ) & bmfHeader, sizeof( bmfHeade...