Publisher v2.0 #2

I have an old HP PC (Windows 98) and trying to save old Publisher v2.0
documents (kids school work,etc.) prior to getting rid of the computer.  Was
able to save files to a CD.   Installed Publisher 2007 to my new HP (Windows
Vista).   When I try to open the saved files on the new PC, I get "unable to
open files because created with an older version no longer supported (or
something like that.)  What can I do to open the files in my new computer?
Still have the installation discs for Publisher v2.0, but my new computer
does not have a floppy disc drive.  What can I do?    Thanks.

0
montoban

"montoban" <u50835@uwe> wrote in message news:93eb1f085e31f@uwe...
> I have an old HP PC (Windows 98) and trying to save old Publisher v2.0
> documents (kids school work,etc.) prior to getting rid of the computer.
> Was
> able to save files to a CD.   Installed Publisher 2007 to my new HP
> (Windows
> Vista).   When I try to open the saved files on the new PC, I get "unable
> open files because created with an older version no longer supported (or
> something like that.)  What can I do to open the files in my new computer?
> Still have the installation discs for Publisher v2.0, but my new computer
> does not have a floppy disc drive.  What can I do?    Thanks.

Publisher '07 won't open Pub. 2 files.  They need to be opened and resaved
with an intermediate version of Publisher.

A couple of options for Publisher install from floppy disks.

1.    purchase a USB floppy drive and attempt to install.  I don't have Pub
2 installed on a Vista machine but I do know it will install on XP.
2.    copy all the files on each floppy disk onto the root of a CD or USB
drive if your Win 98 machine supports either.  While I haven't done this
with Publisher 2.0 install floppy disks I have done it with other install
floppy disks from Microsoft for other programs and have sometimes been
successful installing from the CD.

If all else fails and it isn't too large a number of files and time
constraints aren't important other than getting the files onto the upgraded
format you can email me privately @ jrsullyus at yahoo dot com (fix the at
and dot) to make arrangements to mail a CD with the files to me. I will
convert to Pub '03 format which will be able to be read in Pub '07 at no
charge and return to you on a CD.

Respond to me here if you do email as I don't check that email address
frequently.

0
none6506 (74)
3/31/2009 9:15:39 PM
This will work too
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Compression-tools/Floppy-to-CD-Archiver-.shtml

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"LVTravel" <none@nothere.com> wrote in message

> "montoban" <u50835@uwe> wrote in message news:93eb1f085e31f@uwe...
>> I have an old HP PC (Windows 98) and trying to save old Publisher v2.0
>> documents (kids school work,etc.) prior to getting rid of the computer. Was
>> able to save files to a CD.   Installed Publisher 2007 to my new HP (Windows
>> Vista).   When I try to open the saved files on the new PC, I get "unable to
>> open files because created with an older version no longer supported (or
>> something like that.)  What can I do to open the files in my new computer?
>> Still have the installation discs for Publisher v2.0, but my new computer
>> does not have a floppy disc drive.  What can I do?    Thanks.
>>

> Publisher '07 won't open Pub. 2 files.  They need to be opened and resaved
> with an intermediate version of Publisher.
>
> A couple of options for Publisher install from floppy disks.
>
> 1.    purchase a USB floppy drive and attempt to install.  I don't have Pub 2
> installed on a Vista machine but I do know it will install on XP.
> 2.    copy all the files on each floppy disk onto the root of a CD or USB
> drive if your Win 98 machine supports either.  While I haven't done this with
> Publisher 2.0 install floppy disks I have done it with other install floppy
> disks from Microsoft for other programs and have sometimes been successful
> installing from the CD.
>
> If all else fails and it isn't too large a number of files and time
> constraints aren't important other than getting the files onto the upgraded
> format you can email me privately @ jrsullyus at yahoo dot com (fix the at and
> dot) to make arrangements to mail a CD with the files to me. I will convert to
> Pub '03 format which will be able to be read in Pub '07 at no charge and
> return to you on a CD.
>
> Respond to me here if you do email as I don't check that email address
> frequently.

0
mary.sauer (2018)
3/31/2009 9:58:46 PM
Mary, have you tried to install from the created CD?  Looks like an
interesting program but I also see that each floppy is put into a separate
folder.  Any issue with the install program finding the various folders?
Looks like this is more of an archiving program to recreate the floppies
from on a later date.

"Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message
> This will work too
> http://www.softpedia.com/get/Compression-tools/Floppy-to-CD-Archiver-.shtml
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/

0
none6506 (74)
4/1/2009 1:54:00 AM
Mary Sauer wrote:
> This will work too
> http://www.softpedia.com/get/Compression-tools/Floppy-to-CD-Archiver-.shtml
==============================
Neat! Thanks for the link.

--

    John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
4/1/2009 1:54:24 AM
I have the original Visio Home floppies I transferred to a CD. They need to be
in a separate folders, that is the way floppies work. There is a piece of code
that waits for the next disk when you are installing. I have Publisher 1 and 2
plus updates, all on floppies. Both 5.25 and 3.5. I have an old Windows 95
computer with Publisher 2.0 installed. Works like a champ.

--

> Mary, have you tried to install from the created CD?  Looks like an
> interesting program but I also see that each floppy is put into a separate
> folder.  Any issue with the install program finding the various folders? Looks
> like this is more of an archiving program to recreate the floppies from on a
> later date.
>
> "Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message
>> This will work too
>> http://www.softpedia.com/get/Compression-tools/Floppy-to-CD-Archiver-.shtml
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/

0
mary.sauer (2018)
4/1/2009 9:45:11 AM
> I have the original Visio Home floppies I transferred to a CD. They need
> to be in a separate folders, that is the way floppies work. There is a
> piece of code that waits for the next disk when you are installing. I have
> Publisher 1 and 2 plus updates, all on floppies. Both 5.25 and 3.5. I have
> an old Windows 95 computer with Publisher 2.0 installed. Works like a
> champ.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "LVTravel" <none@nothere.com> wrote in message
>> Mary, have you tried to install from the created CD?  Looks like an
>> interesting program but I also see that each floppy is put into a
>> separate folder.  Any issue with the install program finding the various
>> folders? Looks like this is more of an archiving program to recreate the
>> floppies from on a later date.
>>
>> "Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message
>>> This will work too
>>> http://www.softpedia.com/get/Compression-tools/Floppy-to-CD-Archiver-.shtml
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mary Sauer
>>> http://msauer.mvps.org/

Great news. I have had success copying files to one folder and also to
individual folders in the past.  Depends a lot on the installation program
and how it looks for the next file in line.

And,,,,, Thanks for the link.  Looks like a good one to have available.

0
none6506 (74)
4/2/2009 10:40:50 PM
Thanks.  Bought a floppy disc drive (USB).  Will try to install v2 on my new
computer.  If it doesn't work, I'll take you up on the offer to copy the
files.  Thanks.

LVTravel wrote:
>> I have an old HP PC (Windows 98) and trying to save old Publisher v2.0
>> documents (kids school work,etc.) prior to getting rid of the computer.
>[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
>> Still have the installation discs for Publisher v2.0, but my new computer
>> does not have a floppy disc drive.  What can I do?    Thanks.
>
>Publisher '07 won't open Pub. 2 files.  They need to be opened and resaved
>with an intermediate version of Publisher.
>
>A couple of options for Publisher install from floppy disks.
>
>1.    purchase a USB floppy drive and attempt to install.  I don't have Pub
>2 installed on a Vista machine but I do know it will install on XP.
>2.    copy all the files on each floppy disk onto the root of a CD or USB
>drive if your Win 98 machine supports either.  While I haven't done this
>with Publisher 2.0 install floppy disks I have done it with other install
>floppy disks from Microsoft for other programs and have sometimes been
>successful installing from the CD.
>
>If all else fails and it isn't too large a number of files and time
>constraints aren't important other than getting the files onto the upgraded
>format you can email me privately @ jrsullyus at yahoo dot com (fix the at
>and dot) to make arrangements to mail a CD with the files to me. I will
>convert to Pub '03 format which will be able to be read in Pub '07 at no
>charge and return to you on a CD.
>
>Respond to me here if you do email as I don't check that email address
>frequently.

montoban
4/3/2009 12:36:47 AM
"montoban via OfficeKB.com" <u50835@uwe> wrote in message
> Thanks.  Bought a floppy disc drive (USB).  Will try to install v2 on my
> new
> computer.  If it doesn't work, I'll take you up on the offer to copy the
> files.  Thanks.
>
> LVTravel wrote:
>>> I have an old HP PC (Windows 98) and trying to save old Publisher v2.0
>>> documents (kids school work,etc.) prior to getting rid of the computer.
>>[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
>>> Still have the installation discs for Publisher v2.0, but my new
>>> computer
>>> does not have a floppy disc drive.  What can I do?    Thanks.
>>
>>Publisher '07 won't open Pub. 2 files.  They need to be opened and resaved
>>with an intermediate version of Publisher.
>>
>>A couple of options for Publisher install from floppy disks.
>>
>>1.    purchase a USB floppy drive and attempt to install.  I don't have
>>Pub
>>2 installed on a Vista machine but I do know it will install on XP.
>>2.    copy all the files on each floppy disk onto the root of a CD or USB
>>drive if your Win 98 machine supports either.  While I haven't done this
>>with Publisher 2.0 install floppy disks I have done it with other install
>>floppy disks from Microsoft for other programs and have sometimes been
>>successful installing from the CD.
>>
>>If all else fails and it isn't too large a number of files and time
>>constraints aren't important other than getting the files onto the
>>upgraded
>>format you can email me privately @ jrsullyus at yahoo dot com (fix the at
>>and dot) to make arrangements to mail a CD with the files to me. I will
>>convert to Pub '03 format which will be able to be read in Pub '07 at no
>>charge and return to you on a CD.
>>
>>Respond to me here if you do email as I don't check that email address
>>frequently.

OK.  I'll keep this thread highlighted.  Let me know if you get it installed
OK.

0
none6506 (74)
4/3/2009 11:50:09 PM
Was able to install Publisher v2 (1993) to my laptop (Windows XP) and then
convert the files I copied to a CD (from the old Windows 98 computer) to PDF
using PrimoPDF.  Have a bunch of files so have to open each one and convert
it.  Beats printing and scanning, though.  Couldn't download the Publisher
program to my desktop that runs Vista.  Thanks for your help.
Montoban

LVTravel wrote:
>> Thanks.  Bought a floppy disc drive (USB).  Will try to install v2 on my
>> new
>[quoted text clipped - 32 lines]
>>>Respond to me here if you do email as I don't check that email address
>>>frequently.
>
>OK.  I'll keep this thread highlighted.  Let me know if you get it installed
>OK.

montoban
4/7/2009 9:35:32 PM
> Was able to install Publisher v2 (1993) to my laptop (Windows XP) and then
> convert the files I copied to a CD (from the old Windows 98 computer) to
> PDF
> using PrimoPDF.  Have a bunch of files so have to open each one and
> convert
> it.  Beats printing and scanning, though.  Couldn't download the Publisher
> program to my desktop that runs Vista.  Thanks for your help.
> Montoban
>
> LVTravel wrote:
>>> Thanks.  Bought a floppy disc drive (USB).  Will try to install v2 on my
>>> new
>>[quoted text clipped - 32 lines]
>>
>>OK.  I'll keep this thread highlighted.  Let me know if you get it
>>installed
>>OK.

OK, glad you got something worked out.  I'll de-highlight this thread.
Thanks for posting back.

0
none6506 (74)

crm 3.0
We put item serial numbers in the Invoice Products and print them on the Invoices. I would like to be able to view and search ALL Invoice Products to find them based on the Serial Numbers. Product Invoice [x] box is disabled in customize entity. How can I change this to enable so that the entities can easily be part of the Services menu? Our system is highly customized so I will accept any ideas or suggestions. ...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

enter text 2 cells same time 2 different sheets
I want to enter text in cell in sheet 1 and have it appear in a cell on sheet 2 also Select both sheets, using Shift and left-click on the sheet tabs.............then select a cell and type away........the values will appear in the same cells on both sheets Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "jack" <crabber1@ comcast .net> wrote in message news:700AD143-4B2D-4523-8849-79D5FA132392@microsoft.com... > I want to enter text in cell in sheet 1 and have it appear in a cell on sheet 2 also Jack, If it's the same cell (same address) in the two sheets, you can select both sheet...

xp locks up with great plains 6.0
Has anyone experiences great plains locking up with windows xp sp2. Everything else works except when I go to print the program locks up. when I first get into great plains I can print for a while. If I am on great plains for a while without printing. Then when I go to print it locks up. I then have to have someone boot me off the great plains system. This only occurs in Great Plains. Thanks, Francisco. I would check the list of compatiable printers for GP 6.0 and see if it is on the "black list". You may want to try to download the latest print driver as well if y...

publisher #74

Can not receive email #2
Thanks for reply. Actually my mail server is for internal test, so I set up internal DNS server for it. The client is using the DNS server. From the client, I can telnet the mail server for port 25 and 110. Client can send email out but can not receive email. Thanks for help! Lisa >-----Original Message----- >try to force a connection and see if the queue clears. >"Administrator" <administrator@norepliesplease.com> wrote in message >news:OSRqrb5qEHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >> Lisa, >> >> Go to http://AboutMyDNS.com and run their quick...

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Outlook client for CRM 4.0 error starting up
Hello, I have the following problem when I startup the outlook client. I get error : Symptom 4 When you start the Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Outlook, you receive the following error message: An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality, try restarting Outlook. Additionally, Error event 80072f19 is referenced in the Application log: Event: 16941 A problem occurred initializing the initialization progress toolbar. Restart Microsoft CRM and try again. HR=0x80072f19. Context=. Function=CAddin::HrActivateAddin. Line=322. I got this one from I microsoft document, but the solut...

Sending Publisher Files

Publisher 2000 #23

Publisher 2003

upgrade publisher

WSE3.0 'Value cannot be null' error on settings
Hi, Simple operation, I've got a working MTOM-enabled webservice. I try to include it in my C++ Managed Project. Whenever I try to activate MTOM through WSE Settings ( rightclick on the project ) I get an error : Value cannot be null , Parameter Name: path1 . I've reinstalled WSE 3.0 several times but the error remains. In a C# or VB.Net App I can add my webservice and enable MTOM via Settings as it should go. Does somebody know a solution ? the only post I've found was without an answer. Regards, Sven Peeters ...

Service Pack 2 and OWA
I'm encountering a rather annoying issue with SP2 for Exchange 2003 in my test lab here. Specifically, I'm having issues with our front-end / back-end configuration. It looks like if you have a front-end server configured with SP1 you cannot properly connect to OWA on a SP2 back end server. You also can�t connect properly with OWA if your front-end server is SP2 and your back-end is SP1. If you attempt to use OWA in these configurations, you can login but all you get is a �Loading�� message in the right hand pane and your folders never actually display. Has anyone else en...

Microsoft Publisher ?

electronic document delivery for purchasing #2
it seems mad to me to that MSBS have done half the job by doing electronic Doc Delivery for sales only. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c97b6ab7-2c48-431a...

Adv security 9.0 showing unregistered modules with option turned o
We have the option to "do not display unregistered modules" checked, yet adv security is showing all these modules such as cash flow, service, depot etc. We don't own these, so why are so many showing in Adv security? We upgraded from 8.0 and 8.0 did not show these modules. Hi, Did you disable these during the install? I believe you need to do this from the installation CD? On Apr 17, 12:48 pm, Luvsql <Luv...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We have the option to "do not display unregistered modules" checked, yet adv > security is showing all the...

graph #2
im making a report and i want to insert this data in the chart but only top 3 highest value in jan feb mar and apr will see in the graph. how can i do that? jan feb mar apr A 23 3 5 5 B 1 3 1 5 C 4 1 0 34 D 16 2 2 2 E 3 14 4 1 F 4 5 3 0 jaypee wrote: > im making a report and i want to insert this data in the chart but only top > 3 highest value in jan feb mar and apr will see in the graph. > how can i do that? > > jan feb mar apr > A 23 3 5 5 >...

Pivot Table and Zeros #2
The cell has a value of zero, it's not blank. The value is coming from a formula that equals 0 Tk -- mense2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mense23's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=717 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26957 Hi you may change your formula to return only "" -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "mense23" <mense23.1e6dhy@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:mense23.1e6dhy@excelforum-nospam.com... > > ...

Random emails tracked in CRM 3.0
Hello- Would anyone know why emails that have not been set to track in CRM would appear against random companies within CRM 3.0. ? This is a new company I've joined, and there was no IT handover, so I'm trying to bodge my way through things. They use Exchange 2003. I have checked the users' settings- they do not have 'track all emails' set. Many thanks L ...

Why is publisher newsletter not page wide when sent
When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it it is about 4" wide. I want it to be page wide when it is sent to a client. What do I need to do? What do you call "page wide"? If you had started with the email template, you would not have width issues. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Donna McDermed" <DonnaMcDermed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5974DDA0-2E2D-4495-A5EB-FBF8F543482B@microsoft.com... > When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it > it > is abo...

CRM 3.0 and SQLEXPRESS
We are trying to install the CRM Outlook client for Laptops. These Machines are used for software development and have SQLEXPRESS2005 on them. I can't get the client install to work at all, they either bomb trying to install the 200 MSDE or they bomb trying to apply SP4.... What does it take to get the client to install and use the existing 2005 database engine? Update: Not a single machine with VS2005 installed on it (with sqlexpress auto installed) can install the CRM 3.0 client. "H.J. Martin" <nota@realemail.com> wrote in message news:edRaka5TGHA.6084@TK2M...