Publisher using Vista Home Basic

I am using vista home basic and have installed Office Home & Student plus
Publisher 2007.  Initially in Publisher I was able to access all options of
template but after changing the business logo I can only access flyers and
blank pages.  I have uninstalled both programs and reinstalled but still have
the same problem.

Would appreciate feedback.
0
Deidre (5)

What happens if you delete the logo out of the Business Information, can you
access the other templates?

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Deidre" <Deidre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using vista home basic and have installed Office Home & Student plus
> Publisher 2007.  Initially in Publisher I was able to access all options of
> template but after changing the business logo I can only access flyers and
> blank pages.  I have uninstalled both programs and reinstalled but still have
> the same problem.
>
> Would appreciate feedback.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
9/5/2008 9:45:57 AM
Unfortunately I cannot edit Business Information at all.  As soon as I open
business information on task pane it shows says there is no logo, but I am
able to drag the logo into the main templates but I cannot edit business
information.  As soon as I try to access for editing it closes the screen and
reverts to template page.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> What happens if you delete the logo out of the Business Information, can you
> access the other templates?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Deidre" <Deidre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using vista home basic and have installed Office Home & Student plus
> > Publisher 2007.  Initially in Publisher I was able to access all options of
> > template but after changing the business logo I can only access flyers and
> > blank pages.  I have uninstalled both programs and reinstalled but still have
> > the same problem.
> >
> > Would appreciate feedback.

0
Deidre (5)
9/6/2008 5:51:01 AM
Is Business Information available in the Edit menu? You might be able to edit
the information from this dialogue.

Maybe an Office Diagnostic will help too. It is in the Help menu. It replaces
detect and repair.
--

> Unfortunately I cannot edit Business Information at all.  As soon as I open
> business information on task pane it shows says there is no logo, but I am
> able to drag the logo into the main templates but I cannot edit business
> information.  As soon as I try to access for editing it closes the screen and
> reverts to template page.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> What happens if you delete the logo out of the Business Information, can you
>> access the other templates?
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Deidre" <Deidre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am using vista home basic and have installed Office Home & Student plus
>> > Publisher 2007.  Initially in Publisher I was able to access all options of
>> > template but after changing the business logo I can only access flyers and
>> > blank pages.  I have uninstalled both programs and reinstalled but still
>> > have
>> > the same problem.
>> >
>> > Would appreciate feedback.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
9/6/2008 9:25:40 AM
Had tried through edit menu with same result.  Have now re run Office
Diagnostic with no results but it put me through to office online to update a
diagnostic file we have not downloaded.  Will let you know if this helps.
Mary thanks for advice.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Is Business Information available in the Edit menu? You might be able to edit
> the information from this dialogue.
>
> Maybe an Office Diagnostic will help too. It is in the Help menu. It replaces
> detect and repair.
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Deidre" <Deidre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Unfortunately I cannot edit Business Information at all.  As soon as I open
> > business information on task pane it shows says there is no logo, but I am
> > able to drag the logo into the main templates but I cannot edit business
> > information.  As soon as I try to access for editing it closes the screen and
> > reverts to template page.
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> What happens if you delete the logo out of the Business Information, can you
> >> access the other templates?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Deidre" <Deidre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Deidre (5)
9/6/2008 10:17:01 AM
Have had all updates downloaded and rerun Office Diagnostic - but none helps.
 Someone mentioned 'cache'.  Seems I have corrupted the 'business
information' area and cannot correct this with diagnostic run, uninstalling
office and reinstalling.  Unfortunately, I had tried too many uninstalls and
updates to create a restore point before I corrupted publisher so cannot go
back to a restore point prior to this.  Have now run out of options??

"Deidre" wrote:

> Had tried through edit menu with same result.  Have now re run Office
> Diagnostic with no results but it put me through to office online to update a
> diagnostic file we have not downloaded.  Will let you know if this helps.
> Mary thanks for advice.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
> > Is Business Information available in the Edit menu? You might be able to edit
> > the information from this dialogue.
> >
> > Maybe an Office Diagnostic will help too. It is in the Help menu. It replaces
> > detect and repair.
> > --
> > Mary Sauer
> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >
> > "Deidre" <Deidre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Unfortunately I cannot edit Business Information at all.  As soon as I open
> > > business information on task pane it shows says there is no logo, but I am
> > > able to drag the logo into the main templates but I cannot edit business
> > > information.  As soon as I try to access for editing it closes the screen and
> > > reverts to template page.

0
Deidre (5)
9/13/2008 7:36:02 AM
I have searched all over and asked all over for a solution for you to no avail.

Is the Business Information listed in the Insert menu? My copy of Publisher did
not have this menu item. I had to do the following workaround:
Right-click the toolbar, click customize. Select Edit in the Command tab, scroll
down to Business Information, drag it to your toolbar. Can you edit the
information now?

--

> Have had all updates downloaded and rerun Office Diagnostic - but none helps.
> Someone mentioned 'cache'.  Seems I have corrupted the 'business
> information' area and cannot correct this with diagnostic run, uninstalling
> office and reinstalling.  Unfortunately, I had tried too many uninstalls and
> updates to create a restore point before I corrupted publisher so cannot go
> back to a restore point prior to this.  Have now run out of options??
>
> "Deidre" wrote:
>
>> Had tried through edit menu with same result.  Have now re run Office
>> Diagnostic with no results but it put me through to office online to update a
>> diagnostic file we have not downloaded.  Will let you know if this helps.
>> Mary thanks for advice.
>>
>> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>>
>> > Is Business Information available in the Edit menu? You might be able to
>> > edit
>> > the information from this dialogue.
>> >
>> > Maybe an Office Diagnostic will help too. It is in the Help menu. It
>> > replaces
>> > detect and repair.
>> > --
>> > Mary Sauer
>> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> >
>> > "Deidre" <Deidre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
mary.sauer (2018)
9/14/2008 4:51:35 PM
Mary sorry to have taken so long to get back.  As I have just checked this
before closing computer down I will try your instructions and get back to you
over next few days.  Really appreciate your feedback.

Cheers Deidre

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> I have searched all over and asked all over for a solution for you to no avail.
>
> Is the Business Information listed in the Insert menu? My copy of Publisher did
> not have this menu item. I had to do the following workaround:
> Right-click the toolbar, click customize. Select Edit in the Command tab, scroll
> down to Business Information, drag it to your toolbar. Can you edit the
> information now?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Deidre" <Deidre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Have had all updates downloaded and rerun Office Diagnostic - but none helps.
> > Someone mentioned 'cache'.  Seems I have corrupted the 'business
> > information' area and cannot correct this with diagnostic run, uninstalling
> > office and reinstalling.  Unfortunately, I had tried too many uninstalls and
> > updates to create a restore point before I corrupted publisher so cannot go
> > back to a restore point prior to this.  Have now run out of options??
> >
> > "Deidre" wrote:
> >
> >> Had tried through edit menu with same result.  Have now re run Office
> >> Diagnostic with no results but it put me through to office online to update a
> >> diagnostic file we have not downloaded.  Will let you know if this helps.
> >> Mary thanks for advice.

0
Deidre (5)

Using InitModalIndirect and DDX_Control
I am creating a dialog template in memory and calling InitModalIndirect to create my dialog. In the documentation for CListBox Class it says: To use a list box in a dialog template, declare a list-box variable in your dialog box class, then use DDX_Control in your dialog box class's DoDataExchange function to connect the member variable to the control. (this is done for you automatically when you add a control variable to your dialog box class.) The declairation of DDX_Control is: void AFXAPI DDX_Control( CDataExchange* pDX, int nIDC, CWnd& rControl ); My question is...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

Problem using problem reporting
I noticed that windows 7 error reporting no longer works on my machine. It goes through the motions then reports it cannot connect to the error reporting service at this time, try again later. I have tried many times, same results each day. Any clue as to what might be wrong? Anyone heard of this error or know of a fix I'm using Windows 7 64 bit. Seen it reported a few times. The cause has worked out to one of three: 1.) Third party firewall 2.) Horked DNS 3.) Serious infection. Unfortunately, the third is the most common I've seen. -- Charlie. http://msmvps....

Can not Drag and Drop when using imap
Hey, One of our users who uses outlook 2000 is having a very strange problem. At seemingly random times, he is unable to drag messages from one imap folder to another (ex. messages arrives in Inbox, and he wants to copy it to another folder). Basically, one he drags the message from the Inbox "area" to the "folders list area" his mouse turns into the "can't drop here" symbol (circle with line through it). Sometimes closing and re-opening the program fixes it, and sometimes he has to restart. What really throws a wrench into this is that he can right click...

publisher #74

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

My licens is allready in use, by my self....?????
My office 2004, mostly entourage because I start that first in the = morning,=20 often starts with the message, that it is allready in use by "My Name", = but=20 the one who is using it is my self. There is no way that any one is = using my=20 licens, i bought it because I had the problem in office 2003. It can do = it=20 several time a day, but no pattern that I can detect. So if im using it, = is there=20 maby something on the mac, that is started twice, and there for = conflicting? Hope someone has dealed with the problem before, because im on the egde=20 of launching 25 new mac&...

The use of A + when referring to a cell
I was browsing an excel spreadsheet created by someone else and it wa using the IF statement along with nested formulas. The formul actually looks like: =IF(+B14<=$D$5,+$F$4-D14,0) My question is what does the + represent before cell B14. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I think it's a hangover from Lotus 123 users. In excel, you usually start a formula with =. In 123, it was +. Excel is usually very forgiving, but I think it's a waste of typing and makes things more difficult to read. +B14 is the same as B14 in this case. "sjenks183 <&qu...

Sending Publisher Files

problem in use money files after change of hard disc
I have using money since 1990 with constant updates, my latest update was in 2005. Recently my hard disc crashed and I have to change for a new hard disc, after install money, I was unable to open my money files which run satisfactorily before the crash. When I try to run openthe file it always says "the file is created by an older version of money, money will save a copy of the file and upgrade you file for use by the program". Then after a while a message apear saying that "money is unable to acess your file .....". Can any one help me. I have run the same file...

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Publisher 2000 #23

hey ya'll how do i auto sum a cell using the letter x instaed of .
hey ya'll how do i auto sum a colum using the letter x instead of using a number To count number of "x"es =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"x") Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:25:04 -0700, jrod98 <jrod98@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hey ya'll how do i auto sum a colum using the letter x instead of using a >number Gord answered but I couldn't resist asking what the sum of x and x is? Sinister Rod Serling music here. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "jrod98" <jrod98@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Publisher 2003

Customize Investment Summary on 'My Money' Home Page?
Okay, so I've got a lot of stocks, mutual funds, etc., that I don't own anymore. Can anyone shed any light on how I would clear that clutter out of the Investment Summary on 'My Money' home page? Denise ...

upgrade publisher

Excel Crash when using set command
I have a userform with numerous controls on it. The _Initialize event i fairly extensive, and one section is setting the following array, whic is declared in the form: Dim statusIndicators(8) As MSForms.Image 'Array of status indicators The code in the _Initialize method is as follows: 'Set status indicator image links With frmDataEntry Set statusIndicators(0) = .imgClaimInfo Set statusIndicators(1) = .imgAccidentInfo Set statusIndicators(2) = .imgInjuryInfo Set statusIndicators(3) = .imgCompensability Set statusIndicators(4) = .imgQuality Set statusIndicators(5) = .imgRTW Set statu...

Problems Installing Mac Office 2008 Home/Student Over Mac Office 2008 Trial
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Tried to install Mac Office 2008 Home/Student over an expired Mac Office 2008 Trial and ran into problems, when the application downloaded and tried to install Office 2008 12.2.0. MS Mac Support indicated that I needed to reinstall Snow Leopard. Thought that this was a bizarre solution. Has anyone else ran into this problem? Does anyone have a workaround that they can recommend? Appreciate any and all prompt responses. Many Thanks. ...

Microsoft Publisher ?

How to use function strcpy to copy unsigned char?
Hello all: Look: unsigned char shellcode[]="\xC6\x45\xF7\x30\xB8\xBF\x8E\x01"; char buffer[20]; strcpy(buffer,code); I must use the function strcpy,who could tell me how to do?Thanks very much. Lee Tow wrote: > Hello all: > Look: > unsigned char shellcode[]="\xC6\x45\xF7\x30\xB8\xBF\x8E\x01"; > char buffer[20]; > strcpy(buffer,code); > I must use the function strcpy,who could tell me how to do?Thanks very > much. > > CStdString is probably the best at who cares what kind of string it is. "Lee Tow" <...

Why is publisher newsletter not page wide when sent
When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it it is about 4" wide. I want it to be page wide when it is sent to a client. What do I need to do? What do you call "page wide"? If you had started with the email template, you would not have width issues. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Donna McDermed" <DonnaMcDermed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5974DDA0-2E2D-4495-A5EB-FBF8F543482B@microsoft.com... > When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it > it > is abo...

Using JPEG in Word doc
How do I import my letterhead stationery in JPEG file into a Word letter document. Using Windows XP Office 2003 On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 13:43:06 -0800, Kit Carson <Kit Carson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I import my letterhead stationery in JPEG file into a Word letter >document. Using Windows XP Office 2003 Please ask your question in a Word newsgroup. This group is for a different program, Microsoft Access. The webpage can be confusing and may have misled you - scroll down the list of subject areas and find your version of Word. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...