Publisher "The clipboard is busy" error.

When I cut/copy and paste from the MS Clips online library I get errors.

Publisher cannot complete the operation

Then immediately following I get the next box:

The clipboard is busy.
Publisher cannot currently cut, copy or paste your data because another
program is using the clipboard. Wait a moment and try again, or close other
programs and try again.

No other programs are open. The clips are very small. I have shut down and
restarted.
I have tried other items and some work.

Any help?

MS Publisher 2002 (10.4629.4219) sp2

Thanks,
Rob

0
spam9571 (36)

Might empty your cache. When the temp folder is full you can get this error. In IE,
tools, Internet Options, delete files.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Rob" <send no spam@nk.com> wrote in message
> When I cut/copy and paste from the MS Clips online library I get errors.
>
> Publisher cannot complete the operation
>
> Then immediately following I get the next box:
>
> The clipboard is busy.
> Publisher cannot currently cut, copy or paste your data because another
> program is using the clipboard. Wait a moment and try again, or close other
> programs and try again.
>
> No other programs are open. The clips are very small. I have shut down and
> restarted.
> I have tried other items and some work.
>
> Any help?
>
> MS Publisher 2002 (10.4629.4219) sp2
>
> Thanks,
> Rob

0
laserdog (1122)
5/28/2004 7:53:53 AM
Thank you. That was the problem.

Rob

"Mary Sauer" <laserdog@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> Might empty your cache. When the temp folder is full you can get this
error. In IE,
> tools, Internet Options, delete files.
>

> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
> "Rob" <send no spam@nk.com> wrote in message
> > When I cut/copy and paste from the MS Clips online library I get errors.
> >
> > Publisher cannot complete the operation
> >
> > Then immediately following I get the next box:
> >
> > The clipboard is busy.
> > Publisher cannot currently cut, copy or paste your data because another
> > program is using the clipboard. Wait a moment and try again, or close
other
> > programs and try again.
> >
> > No other programs are open. The clips are very small. I have shut down
and
> > restarted.
> > I have tried other items and some work.
> >
> > Any help?
> >
> > MS Publisher 2002 (10.4629.4219) sp2
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Rob

0
spam9571 (36)

Publisher "The clipboard is busy" error.
When I cut/copy and paste from the MS Clips online library I get errors. Publisher cannot complete the operation Then immediately following I get the next box: The clipboard is busy. Publisher cannot currently cut, copy or paste your data because another program is using the clipboard. Wait a moment and try again, or close other programs and try again. No other programs are open. The clips are very small. I have shut down and restarted. I have tried other items and some work. Any help? MS Publisher 2002 (10.4629.4219) sp2 Thanks, Rob Might empty your cache. When the temp folder is fu...

"The clipboard is busy"
When trying to copy and paste an image from the Internet to Publisher, I get the following error: "Cannot complete the operation. The clipboard is busy. Publisher cannot currently cut, copy or paste your data because another program is using the clipboard. Wait a moment and try again, or close other programs and try again" There is nothing in the clipboard at the time. Once you've cleared the clipboard, you can copy and paste. Why would the error come up initially, when there is nothing in the clipboard. Cheers Ellie Possibly your cache is full, in IE, tools, Internet...

"The Clipboard is busy", and won't cut or paste
How do i to correct this problem? cause it won't paste or cut clipart Try emptying your cache. When the temp folder is full you can get this error. In IE, Tools, Internet Options, delete files. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "2814.007" <2814.007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10EB0E87-487F-47D4-A8BB-CD7A9CEB398A@microsoft.com... > How do i to correct this problem? cause it won't paste or cut clipart --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.737 / Virus Dat...