PUBLISHER TEXT BOX PROBLEMS

HOW DO I MAKE THE BACKGROUND OF A TEXT BOX BLACK AND THE WRITING WHITE?  I
CAN ONLY SEEM TO MAKE THE WHOLE PAGE BLACK.

Three steps are needed.
#1 Replace or fix your keyboard so it isn't stuck on Caps Lock.
#2 Select the text frame and then color it black.
#3 With the text frame selected, use Ctrl-A to highlight all text and click
on the text color icon to choose white.
--
Ron

"cataloguemaker" <cataloguemaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HOW DO I MAKE THE BACKGROUND OF A TEXT BOX BLACK AND THE WRITING WHITE?  I
> CAN ONLY SEEM TO MAKE THE WHOLE PAGE BLACK.

0
drc023
9/8/2006 4:04:30 AM
cataloguemaker wrote:
> HOW DO I MAKE THE BACKGROUND OF A TEXT BOX BLACK AND THE WRITING WHITE?  I
> CAN ONLY SEEM TO MAKE THE WHOLE PAGE BLACK.

LIVE WITH IT AND KEEP BEING A DORK WHO DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO POST A
QUESTION...  READ THE FAQ, SCAN THE DATA BASE, TRY BECOMING THE
PRESIDENT... YOU GOT A GOOD CHANCE AT THAT ONE

jmo
0
dtp2webSPAM (302)
9/8/2006 5:32:47 AM
Is this a case where the "pot is telling the kettle is black"?

--
Don
"May your shadow be found in happy places." (Native North American)

"Steve in NC" <dtp2webSPAM@netscape.net> wrote in message
> cataloguemaker wrote:
>> HOW DO I MAKE THE BACKGROUND OF A TEXT BOX BLACK AND THE WRITING WHITE?
>> I CAN ONLY SEEM TO MAKE THE WHOLE PAGE BLACK.
>
> LIVE WITH IT AND KEEP BEING A DORK WHO DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO POST A
> QUESTION...  READ THE FAQ, SCAN THE DATA BASE, TRY BECOMING THE
> PRESIDENT... YOU GOT A GOOD CHANCE AT THAT ONE
>
> jmo

0
Don
9/8/2006 10:57:49 AM
I think Steve was trying to get another point across without specifically
mentioning that point. Or maybe he is?  ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Don Schmidt" <Don Retired Engineer@PNB.1987> wrote in message
> Is this a case where the "pot is telling the kettle is black"?
>

> --
> Don
> "May your shadow be found in happy places." (Native North American)
>

> "Steve in NC" <dtp2webSPAM@netscape.net> wrote in message
>> cataloguemaker wrote:
>>> HOW DO I MAKE THE BACKGROUND OF A TEXT BOX BLACK AND THE WRITING WHITE?
>>> I CAN ONLY SEEM TO MAKE THE WHOLE PAGE BLACK.
>>
>> LIVE WITH IT AND KEEP BEING A DORK WHO DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO POST A
>> QUESTION...  READ THE FAQ, SCAN THE DATA BASE, TRY BECOMING THE
>> PRESIDENT... YOU GOT A GOOD CHANCE AT THAT ONE
>>
>> jmo

0
jl_paules (2767)

vlookup problems
My vlookup of customer information is working fine until I add a customer to the list. The vlookup formula looks fine and it's referencing the proper worksheet (customer info). The range is fine (I'm assuming if the data range encompasses the entire worksheet it's fine) and the column indexes are correct. Yet, no data is returned to the destination cells. This only started happening after I added some customers to the customer info sheet. I'm not sure if this matters, but I've manually updated the source links also, hoping this would help. It didn't. Are there an...

How to change content in dialog box?
I started a dialog-based project and want to change the pages of control sets in the dialog like using tab control. But I don't want the tab control apperance. I just want the whole page change to another page like install wizards. How can I achieve this? Thx a lot "Alex" <alexcheung@perceptiondigital.com> wrote in message news:%23z5JI10JEHA.3924@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I started a dialog-based project and want to change the pages of control > sets in the dialog like using tab control. But I don't want the tab control > apperance. I just want the whole pa...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

enter text 2 cells same time 2 different sheets
I want to enter text in cell in sheet 1 and have it appear in a cell on sheet 2 also Select both sheets, using Shift and left-click on the sheet tabs.............then select a cell and type away........the values will appear in the same cells on both sheets Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "jack" <crabber1@ comcast .net> wrote in message news:700AD143-4B2D-4523-8849-79D5FA132392@microsoft.com... > I want to enter text in cell in sheet 1 and have it appear in a cell on sheet 2 also Jack, If it's the same cell (same address) in the two sheets, you can select both sheet...

how to add drop box in a spreadsheet
I want to add a drop box in a spreadsheet for people to select yes or no and for production and shipment. It will not link to any database nor it will be used as a data entry, How to add such a drop list to a cell in the spreadsheet????. I believe it's under the "data" tab... "Manat work" <Manat work@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3A99B31E-3CB4-4BCE-BEB3-9C42F4975702@microsoft.com... >I want to add a drop box in a spreadsheet for people to select yes or no >and > for production and shipment. It will not link to any database nor it ...

How to have report text shift left ? (Fname MI Lname)
When creating a report we want the Fname MI Lname to shift left and not be spaced out... Not Like... John A Smith But like... John A. Smith. I looked at properties for the fields on the report but need guidance. thanks for any help. "Will" <Will@somewhere.com> wrote in news:46d33b94$0$6491$4c368faf@roadrunner.com: > When creating a report we want the Fname MI Lname to shift left > and not be spaced out... > > Not Like... > > John A Smith > > But like... > > John A. Smith. > > ...

Outlook Attachment problem
Hi, I have windows 2000 exchange server with service pack 3 and with all the hotfixes, some of our clients complaigning that thes attachments are corrupted when they receive emails from us , it works perfect some times and some times we need to resend the email to them which is very irritating to client and our users, Please suggest Any AV/Content Filtering/Gateways between your mail system and the external world? I would look there if its indeed happening on your end. On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 13:23:02 -0800, "Deeps" <Deeps@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >...

publisher #74

drop down box leading to another drop down box
I have a cell containing a drop down box with three options. Can i design my worksheet so that when one option is selected a drop down box in the neighbouring cell appears with a number of options in it? Each of the original 3 options in the first drop down box needs to lead to a different list in the second drop down box, though the options can be repeated. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks stumakker, have a look here and see if this will work for you, http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any r...

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

I cant type in the body of the text
I have hit something and when I try to type in the body of my email message I have this ~ when I hit enter. I am not allowed to then type a message..... Actually it is when I am hitting the tab going from the subject line to the body of the text. It has to be something simple becuase it happened very quickly. You haven't said whether it is a laptop or desktop system If it is a laptop then your Fn key must be stuck However, I suggest reboot your system and everything should be reset to default if your keyboard keys are stuck due to pressing something. hth Leslie ...

Sending Publisher Files

Problems with redirect and format stdout and stderr for CreateProcess

Format Cells, Text Alignment, Distributed
Greetings, I have a cell that I need to format so that it is justified but I need to control where the text breaks within the cell. For example, I have in cell A1 "Name: Jeff Willis Date: 6/16/2007". The cell width is fairly wide and I would like to format the cells Horizontal Text Alignment to Distributed. Is there a way to not make the cell distribute the text evenly? For example, can I embed a tab charactor or some other workaround between the 's' in Willis and the 'D' in Date to make span something like this Name: Jeff Willis Date: 6/16/20...

problem in use money files after change of hard disc
I have using money since 1990 with constant updates, my latest update was in 2005. Recently my hard disc crashed and I have to change for a new hard disc, after install money, I was unable to open my money files which run satisfactorily before the crash. When I try to run openthe file it always says "the file is created by an older version of money, money will save a copy of the file and upgrade you file for use by the program". Then after a while a message apear saying that "money is unable to acess your file .....". Can any one help me. I have run the same file...

Missing Edit|Links Dialog Box
Hi, For some reason, I can no longer access Links dialog via Edit menu. "Links..." no longer appears in menu. How do I get it back? Thanks! correct email: jhsu914@cox.net >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >For some reason, I can no longer access Links dialog via >Edit menu. "Links..." no longer appears in menu. How do >I get it back? Thanks! >. > First attempt: Tools|Customize (just to have that dialog open) click on Edit rightclick on Links choose reset. close up that dialog and try it out. Second attempt: Tools|Customize|Toolbars Ta...

Digitally signed Excel project problem
When trying to save a digitally signed Excel project in Office 2000, I get the error message "Excel cannot sign VBA macros when saving to this file format. ...... How do I fix this problem please? ...

Publisher 2000 #23

Text String to Unicode
Hi, How do I convert a text string (from a text file) that has escaped unicode charactes (\u0635\u0641\u0627\u0631) to unicode chars? Thanks, Guilherme R. Rolim Look at macros A2W etc. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Guilherme R. Rolim" <grrolim@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message news:OXR7gzxkDHA.988@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... | Hi, | | How do I convert a text string (from a text file) that has escaped unicode | charactes (\u0635\u0641\u0627\u0631) to unicode chars? | | Thanks, | | Guilherme R. Rolim | | | | I'll try to put some more details, mayb...

Can you solve my problem?
Hi How can I randomly select six different numbers at any one time i.e lottery numbers. I have tried using the formula below, =INT(RAND()*49)+1, which works OK but I get repeated numbers in a line of six, can anyone help? Keith For one way, see: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/randint.html Usage: Select six cells and array-enter =RandInt(1,49) In article <boA7e.20406$Uc7.7578@newsfe2-win.ntli.net>, "Keith Robinson" <Keith.Robinson28@ntlworld.com> wrote: > How can I randomly select six different numbers at any one time i.e lottery > numbers. I have ...

How do I automatically expand a merged cell with wrapped text?
You don't. Take a look at the macro by Jim Rech: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.programming/br owse_frm/thread/c681ec7915bee300/2601d8ed556c55e9? ...

Change fg color of a static text at runtime
How can I change fg color of a static contol base on caption's text. I can set fg/bkg color using OnCtlColor at dialog's startup but I need to change color base on a math result, if this is positive set as blue if math result use red. thanks in advance for your help, Eduardo You would still do it the same way. Create appropriate brushes(or use SetTextColor etc) and return these based on the context(math result). OnCtlColor is called whenever the control needs to be redrawn(not only at startup). -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Eduardo" <a@a.com> w...