Publisher Templates no longer availiable for selection?

This has been going on for a few months... I need a solution though.
When I create a new document, I no longer have the option to select a
template... unless I do it from the 'change' template method once the Blank
document is created.  This in itself I can live with.
But MY Templates.... ones that I created are no longer available.  I can
browse to the template directory... but that's not a real solution.
Have I checed a wrong option somewhere?
Why would MY Templates disappear and how can I get them back?
--
It was on fire when I sat down on it...
That's my story and I'm stickin to it.

In Options, General tab, check *Show Publication Types when starting Publisher*.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"StanLee" <StanLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This has been going on for a few months... I need a solution though.
> When I create a new document, I no longer have the option to select a
> template... unless I do it from the 'change' template method once the Blank
> document is created.  This in itself I can live with.
> But MY Templates.... ones that I created are no longer available.  I can
> browse to the template directory... but that's not a real solution.
> Have I checed a wrong option somewhere?
> Why would MY Templates disappear and how can I get them back?
> --
> It was on fire when I sat down on it...
> That's my story and I'm stickin to it.

0
Mary
11/11/2009 1:50:15 PM
Thanks Mary... I've only been using publisher since around '92' with version
1.0, so I haven't figured out alot of it's nuances. :-)
If my clients only knew............

Thanks so much for helping me in my 'du - huh' moment!
--

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> In Options, General tab, check *Show Publication Types when starting Publisher*.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "StanLee" <StanLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > This has been going on for a few months... I need a solution though.
> > When I create a new document, I no longer have the option to select a
> > template... unless I do it from the 'change' template method once the Blank
> > document is created.  This in itself I can live with.
> > But MY Templates.... ones that I created are no longer available.  I can
> > browse to the template directory... but that's not a real solution.
> > Have I checed a wrong option somewhere?
> > Why would MY Templates disappear and how can I get them back?
> > --
> > It was on fire when I sat down on it...
> > That's my story and I'm stickin to it.
>

> .

Publishing to the web through Publisher

Sum by selecting each product
Hi all comunity. I have this probelm: I have an inventory in Excel with many (maybe 1000) products, like this table show, but some product are in different location , what I want is to sum total of qty by product in another sheet putting a link with a formula, but his need to sum for example: Tomatoes should be a total of: 10 Apple should be a total of: 25 summing Location A2 and A5 Pear should be a total of: 38 summing Location A1,A6 and A9 Location Product Qty A1 Tomatoes 10 A1 Pear 18 A2 Apple 10 A4 Banana 15 A5 Apple 15 A6 Pear 10 A9 Pear 10 anybody ca...

publisher #74

M2005 Small Business
Can anyone else get this to work? I go through the steps of creating an invoice template and save it. But every time I return, my template is not in the list. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/#Business (2nd item) for some instructions on making it work. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially if it's a...

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Sending Publisher Files

Publisher 2000 #23

SELECT Query Help
Hi All, Hopefully someone can help me with this problem, here's the deal: I have a table with order details in but it has some duplicated data that I want to filter out (using a view). The raw data is like this: Back Order Number Order Number Short Order Date etc etc 201201 201201 01/01/01 201201/1 201201 06/01/01 201201/2 201201 10/01/01 200203/1 200203 03/03/03 And I need to summarise this so I get a table with unique 'Order Number Short' values but with...

Publisher 2003

Select a range based on system date
Part 1 I have a spreadsheet that I want to open protected (locked). However, I want to unlock a specific range for data entry based on the day of the actual system date. For example if today is 11/5/08 then we want to unlock row 5, specifically cells B5:I5. I have experimented with several functions, which return the desired results, but I am not skilled enough to place them into a well-written VBA subroutine. Please note the following function examples that return the start and ending cells of the desired range. =ADDRESS(DAY(NOW()),2) this will display the start cell of the range (B5) an...

upgrade publisher

Advanced Find Select dropdown disppearing
Hi there, Is it a known issue in 4.0 that when you click on the Select dropdown as soon as you begin to scroll down the list disappears? It's very annoying! If anyone else is having this problem and has a fix for it please reply. Thank you! Suzy ...

Microsoft Publisher ?

Why is publisher newsletter not page wide when sent
When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it it is about 4" wide. I want it to be page wide when it is sent to a client. What do I need to do? What do you call "page wide"? If you had started with the email template, you would not have width issues. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Donna McDermed" <DonnaMcDermed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5974DDA0-2E2D-4495-A5EB-FBF8F543482B@microsoft.com... > When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it > it > is abo...

How do I download readable templates from microsoft online
I am trying to download an Excel scheduling spreadsheet from Microsoft Online, the encoding is wrong and I can't get a readable version, What am I doing wrong? Provide the URL and/or description/name and I will try to download and see what happens. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 10:10:31 -0800, "echopig" <echopig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to download an Excel scheduling spreadsheet from Microsoft >Online, the encoding is wrong and I can't get a readable version, What am I >doing wrong? ...

Publisher for MAC
I would like to be able to use some of the publisher features on my MACBOOK PRO, but have been unable to locate the software, I waited for Office 2008 for Mac and it wasn't there :( when are you going to have it available for we mac afficianado's? -- If you try it you can be sure if you don''t like it, if you don''t try it your assuming. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see t...

Help Publishing Custom Form
I have published a custom task form to my Organizational Forms Library following the instructions here: http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=34. It works great, and now I have 2 quick questions regarding selecting the published forms: 1. Can I make the forms available by selecting the NEW menu, so I don't have to choose the form, and then browse to find it? I would like be able to select New and have it show my custom form there AND the default task form for that folder. 2. If not, I think I am supposed to be able to highlight the task folder, then select the ACTION menu and see ...

convert Publisher document to Word
I created name tags in Publisher and want to convert them to a Word document so I and type a different name on each tag. I did it once and can't remember how - have tried saving the Publisher file as a Word file, but it only saves the text, not the formatting. Help! Hi Paula (pkrantz@thediscoveryalliance.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I created name tags in Publisher and want to convert them || to a Word document so I and type a different name on each || tag. I did it once and can't remember how - have tried || saving the Publisher file as a Word file, but it...

Custom CFileDialog with template
Hello, I follow the example at http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/fndsoundpreview.asp to create my own custom CFileDialog-derived class called CImportFileDlg, I dynamically create a "Select All" button at the bottom of the dialog, but I can never catch the click event of the button. My code is following: ---ImportFileDlg.h---- ///////////////////////////// #pragma once // CImportFileDlg struct OPENFILENAMEEX : public OPENFILENAME { void * pvReserved; DWORD dwReserved; DWORD FlagsEx; }; class CImportFileDlg : public CFileDialog { DECLARE_DYNAMIC(CImportFileDlg) public: //I...

How do I get upgarde for publisher 98 to 2000 ?
I have set up the publisher 98 but I have installed in office 2000 on my pc. My system is run win xp so now microsoft update office 2000 SR-1 ...so what shall I do then . aknz2004 wrote: >I have set up the publisher 98 but I have installed in > office 2000 on my pc. My system is run win xp so now > microsoft update office 2000 SR-1 ...so what shall I do > then . ======================================= If you want Publisher 2000, you'll have to purchase a copy of the program. You cannot upgrade Pub98 to Pub2000...they are two separate programs. -- John Inzer return e-mail...

Publisher 2000 Publish error
Hi, I'm working with someone using Publisher 2000 who has added an FTP site and over a dial up connection tries to publish. He proceeds and then gets an error as transfer seems to be attempted: "Publisher could not save the file to the web. Please check URL or network address." He is saving as a web page and then trying to upload with appropriate credentials. I've asked that anti-virus (McAfee) and win XP firewall be off as well as a web accelerator but the error persists. I've Googled the error and have found scant information. Any help is appreciated. Try the fo...

2003 publisher w/XP and 2007 publisher w/Vista
I have numerous publisher files in XP that I'm emailing to have opened in Vista. Although the file can be opened the text is scrambled. Any ideas? Were the files created with standard fonts? Maybe your recipient doesn't have the font you used on their computer. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "JULIEW" <JULIEW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CE85845-A3C2-4A00-80D7-81E27126C8B5@microsoft.com... >I have numerous publisher files in XP that I'm emailing to have opened in > Vista. Although the file can be opened the text is scrambled. ...