Publisher Safe Mode message

I have Windows xp pro and use office 2003 small business
edition.  When I open a Publisher file from an earlier
version, i get a "publisher safe mode" message.  This
happens as the file is initially converting.  What do I
need to do?
0
anonymous (74722)

Earlier versions of Publisher saved all printer information within the document. It
could be a printer issue. Try doing the same operation in safe mode, if it works
without the error, an updated printer driver could solve the problem. Go to the
manufacturer's web site and look around for an updated driver.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"DianeM" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Windows xp pro and use office 2003 small business
> edition.  When I open a Publisher file from an earlier
> version, i get a "publisher safe mode" message.  This
> happens as the file is initially converting.  What do I
> need to do?

0
gsauer (5094)

Duplicate attachments every 10 messages
I seem to be getting a duplicate attachment every once in a while that is displayed in outlook with my IMAP configured mail client. If I check it from another computer or via the web interface it appears that there is only one copy on the IMAP mail server even though for some erason outlook displays two icons in the attachment section ...

Order of Parent / Child WM_PAINT messages
I have a parent window (CFormView) that contains child controls (such as CEdit, CButton, etc...). I need to do some drawing in the parent window after all the child controls are painted. Currently, the parent receives WM_PAINT first, and then all of the child controls are painted over what I just drew in the parent window. How do I know when all of the child controls are done painting so I can then draw in the parent? Changing z order of the parent doesn't seem to help. Thanks. Timothy Dean They happen in some order. There is no reason to assume any order dependency exists...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

Outlook does screwy things when moving some messages to different folders
This is Outlook 2000, but I believe the problem is common to all versions of Outlook. When ever I select a single e-mail or a group of e-mails and then try to move them to a different folder, I've got a 50-50 chance that instead of moving them, outlook will open a new e-mail composition window and throw the message(s) being moved into the new message as an attachment. At that point, the messages are basically lost, because I can't undo that action. If I simply try to close the new message composition window, outlook won't return the attached messages back to where they came from...

publisher #74

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Not receiving new messages
On a couple of machines in the office, people are not receiving internal messages. However they do receive external ones. A noise sounds to say they have new messages (when an internal one is sent to them) but there is nothing in the inbox. I have checked that there is no auto-filter on. They are using Outlook 2000. Any ideas?? View, messages, show all messages? Sort the inbox in decending order by the received date? Using Netfolders? Updates are automatically moved to the shared folder. "Lucy" <lucyking@clarkebond.co.uk> wrote in message news:08f301c34a16$049b7a20$a4...

When Out Of Office messages are not working at all
Saw a few postings, some old, some current, where an out of office message may not be working for a single mailbox. I followed the instructions below and they worked beautifully. http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/10/when_oof_doesnt.html Hope this helps someone. Thanks Collin....I use Exmerge to remove (archive to PST) just the "Associated Folder Messages" on the mailbox after saving/exporting the required rules. This removes all rules, OOF msgs etc. and has always worked in fixing users' broken OOF notifications. The Exmerge interface simpler for this particular task...

sent messages remains in outbox
Hello, I have a user who when sending a message in Outlook 2003 will occasionally have a problem where the message doesn't leave the Outbox. She'll send the message, close Outlook and shut down her computer for the night. When she comes back in the following morning and opens Outlook, the message is still in the outbox. Any ideas on what might be happening? Oulook connects to a pop based mail server. We don't use Exchange. Thanks, Rod It's Outlook 2002 (XP) not 2003. > Hello, > > I have a user who when sending a message in Outlook 2003 will occasionally &g...

Sending Publisher Files

OMA older version error message
Hi all, I'm just updated Excgange 2000 to 2003 on Windows server 2000 sp4. When I try to access to OMA I have the following error message: Outlook(R) Mobile Access is supported only on Microsoft (R) Exchange Server 2003. Currently your mailbox is stored on an older version of Exchange server. Please contact your system administrator for additional assistance. Event Log: ========== source: MSExchangeOMA ID: 1802 User has Microsoft(R) Exchange server MBX, which is not running Exchange Server 2003. That server is not accessible by Outlook(R) Mobile Access. Exchange version is:...

Publisher 2000 #23

Deleting multiple attachments in a 2003 message
In Outlook 2000, when you received an email with 20 attachments, you could select them all and click the delete button to remove them from the message at one time. In Outlook 2003, the only way seems to be by clicking each attachment individually, right clicking it and the clicking remove off of the menu one at a time. Is there an easier way? Jeffrey L ...

Publisher 2003

upgrade publisher

Microsoft Publisher ?

SPUNINST message
Whenever I click on a link in Outlook I get the following message from Windows XP: SPUNINST [-u][-f][-z][-q] -U Unattended mode -f Force other apps to close at shutdown -Z Do not reboot when installation is complete -q Quiet mode--no user interaction If I click OK, nothing happens. I cannot connect to the link no matter what I do. Is IE (or your other browser) working fine? Maybe something odd happened to change your default for opening HTTP links to SPUninst. "Dan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c8201c399bc$38e72680$a001280a@phx.gbl... ...

Why is publisher newsletter not page wide when sent
When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it it is about 4" wide. I want it to be page wide when it is sent to a client. What do I need to do? What do you call "page wide"? If you had started with the email template, you would not have width issues. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Donna McDermed" <DonnaMcDermed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5974DDA0-2E2D-4495-A5EB-FBF8F543482B@microsoft.com... > When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it > it > is abo...

Outlooked Cached Mode
My boss's computer uses offline mode and cached mode enabled but his .ost file was getting rediculously large, it's over 20GB. He no longer had any space available on his C:\ drive so i moved the file over to his E: drive which has plenty of room... He is on Outlook 2007 and Exchange Server 2000 I did this following instructions online which basically told me to: Turn off cached mode, turn off ofline mode, exit outlook, move the file, and re-enable. I did this and everything seemed to be working fine.... Then he noticed that he wasn't receiving certain e-mails...

Publisher for MAC
I would like to be able to use some of the publisher features on my MACBOOK PRO, but have been unable to locate the software, I waited for Office 2008 for Mac and it wasn't there :( when are you going to have it available for we mac afficianado's? -- If you try it you can be sure if you don''t like it, if you don''t try it your assuming. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see t...

Help Publishing Custom Form
I have published a custom task form to my Organizational Forms Library following the instructions here: http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=34. It works great, and now I have 2 quick questions regarding selecting the published forms: 1. Can I make the forms available by selecting the NEW menu, so I don't have to choose the form, and then browse to find it? I would like be able to select New and have it show my custom form there AND the default task form for that folder. 2. If not, I think I am supposed to be able to highlight the task folder, then select the ACTION menu and see ...

convert Publisher document to Word
I created name tags in Publisher and want to convert them to a Word document so I and type a different name on each tag. I did it once and can't remember how - have tried saving the Publisher file as a Word file, but it only saves the text, not the formatting. Help! Hi Paula (pkrantz@thediscoveryalliance.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I created name tags in Publisher and want to convert them || to a Word document so I and type a different name on each || tag. I did it once and can't remember how - have tried || saving the Publisher file as a Word file, but it...