Publisher (PUB) file viewer?

How do I view and print a .PUB (Microsoft Publisher) file without having the
actual software?
0
Steezy20 (1)

You don't. You can't.
David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP]
http://www.publishermvps.com
http://www.davidbartosik.com

Steezy20 wrote:
> How do I view and print a .PUB (Microsoft Publisher) file without
> having the actual software?

Look, you lazy, imbecillic (not a word, but it is now) moronic fuckwit, how
about Googling in future to see if someone has conceivably asked the
question before? This is asked - and answered - on a daily basis and has
been at least six times *THIS WEEK*. It would have taken you fewer than 30
seconds to find an answer (http://groups.google.com - and that's far more
help than you deserve) - less time than it took you to post, probably.

So, for being a lazy moronic fuckwit, I hereby award you the Moron of the
Month Award for April.

--
In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol:  http://www.dts-l.org/

0
test1951 (391)
4/24/2005 3:38:18 PM
"Steezy20" <Steezy20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I view and print a .PUB (Microsoft Publisher) file without having
> the
> actual software?
Create a pdf for viewing with the free Adobe Reader.  Don't have Adobe
Acrobat? Try http://www.win2pdf.com or http://www.primopdf.com

0
Chuck
4/25/2005 3:22:00 PM
On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 16:38:18 +0100, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
<test@test.com> wrote:

>Steezy20 wrote:
>> How do I view and print a .PUB (Microsoft Publisher) file without
>> having the actual software?
>
>Look, you lazy, imbecillic (not a word, but it is now) moronic fuckwit, how
>about Googling in future to see if someone has conceivably asked the
>question before?

It IS a word, Sarah, but it's spelled with just one l.

Blessed be, for sure...
0
T1317 (75)
4/25/2005 3:22:48 PM
But the Poster doesn't have a means to open the Pub file and therefore cant
create a pdf file.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Chuck Davis" <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> wrote in message

> "Steezy20" <Steezy20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> How do I view and print a .PUB (Microsoft Publisher) file without having
>> the
>> actual software?
> Create a pdf for viewing with the free Adobe Reader.  Don't have Adobe
> Acrobat? Try http://www.win2pdf.com or http://www.primopdf.com

why is outlook trying to open an executable file in locate link brower? #2
"Kyle Harmon" <kharmon3@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message news:... > In my MS Outlook 2002, every time I click on an url with-in my e-mail > outlook trys to open an executable file in the "Locate link brower". And > this only happens when I do not have a browers open. Is there a fix for > this? > > Thank You, > > Kyle Harmon > > > Navigate to your default browser's executible (iexplore.exe for Internet Explorer) and double click on it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion in...

How do I print 2 page spreads from Booklet format in Publisher?
I have booklet layout with 8" x 8" pages printing on 11" x 17" paper. I don't know how to get it where I can view individual 2 page drafts. When I print currently, page 1 is with 44, page 2 is with 43, etc. I want to be able to print to view in draft form page 2-3, 3-4, 4-5, etc. This is for draft markup purposes only. I know I will print 2 sided in booklet form as stated previously when we are ready to mass produce. Bottom line is that we'd like to be able to print and view our book in "story board mode" (I just coined that) so we can see whe...

HELP files not showing

no warning file in use
Hi. I've got a question about a shared Excel file stored on Windows 2000 server. This file is accessed by two different Windows XP end users running Excel 2002 on their machines. Recently these two different end users have been accessing the same shared Excel file simultaneously without the usual file lock or warning that the file is in use. Sometimes they get the warning, sometimes not. When they don't, they assume they have rights to save to the file, only to find later on that their changes were not saved. I'm having both check for updates so that their Microsoft s...

publish customization to other server
All, Thanks for all your support for previous posting responses. I have 2 servers: development and production for CRM. We want to publish only LEAD object on PRODUCTION through deployment manager. However all changes are being performed on DEVELOPMENT server. I can't use EXPORT/IMPORT because using export from Development will have all object information and the problem is DEV and PROD are not in sink. If I use import/export all my views(124 views) and their sharing with team got screwed up. (PROD has more licences and team members are different than PROD) Using depolyment manage...

Publisher 2007 Birthday card jpg rotation problem
I'm running SP2 MSO and selected the Birthday 4 template. It's a side fold card template. I wanted to change the image on the front (page 1) and the inside left (page 2). I had two jpgs on my computer, so I used Insert-Picture-From File... . In each case when they were inserted, I need to rotate them CCW 90 degrees, so I grabbed the green dot rotate handle and rotated them so they were right side up (they were flowers). I then added a text box above each one. The print preview showed the correct orientation of the flowers with respect to the text above them for both page 1 and pag...

How do I link data from two different excell files?
I have two excell spreadsheets that need to be matched up and merge a certain field. Is there a statement that wou vlookup HTH, -- Gary Brown gary.DeleteThis2SendMeAnEmail.Brown@kinneson.com "twinclstar" wrote: > I have two excell spreadsheets that need to be matched up and merge a certain > field. Is there a statement that wou ...

Larger backup file
Why is the backup file larger than the original .mny file. I can see them being the same size, if not using compression, but actually being about 30% larger is a big difference. Does anyone know the answer for this? Thanks Not for me it isn't. Money file is 10mb and backup is 2mb. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Perry" <sikespa@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:119501c3847d$3b679b50$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Why is the backu...

Importing QIF files in Money 2004 produces duplicate transactions
Hi. After importing all my accounts into Money 2004 from QIF files, trnasfers between accounts generate duplicated records in related accounts. How to fix this problem? In microsoft.public.money, Adrian Guinsburg wrote: >Hi. After importing all my accounts into Money 2004 from QIF files, trnasfers >between accounts generate duplicated records in related accounts. >How to fix this problem? Restore your file to the way it was before import. Then import again. This time import all QIF files at once using Ctrl+<click> to select the QIF files. During the File->Import process...

Stop opening multiple versions of Excel when click on xls files
Excel 2002 SP3 Win XP HE Hi, If I click on an xls file in Windows Explorer, it properly starts Excel and opens the file. However, if I need another file opened, and click on another xls file within Windows Explorer, instead of opening the file only, it starts up a new instance of Excel. So I can find myself with 3 or 4 (or more) instances of Excel running simultaneously. It's not a huge problem but I believe not necessary and would like to see if I can find a way of only opening the file in question once Excel is already opened, etc. Any ideas? Thanks. On Jun 28, 2:55 pm, ste...

Sending xls files to pc xlsx users

Money 2005 always reapiring file !!
About once a week,I get a message saying my file lists an incorrect balance and will repair after I close and restart money.Any ideas why ?? Thanks Repairing sorry !! "Apothecon" <sailerph@verizon.net> wrote in message news:Riltf.428$i65.11@trndny05... > About once a week,I get a message saying my file lists an incorrect > balance and will repair after I close and restart money.Any ideas why ?? > Thanks > ...

.prf files incompatible with multiple Global Address lists
I m running an Exchange 2003 organization across 2 domains. We have 2 exchange servers. One server hosts mailboxes for one company while the other server hosts multiple organizations(companies). Both servers are under the same administrative group. We've created 1 Global Address List (GAL) for each company according to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822940/ . We want to use .prf files to automatically configure Outlook 2003 profiles. The problem I'm running into is that .prf files seem to only use one of the company's GALs to find valid mailboxes. If the user is in another...

Display BCC filed in outlook 2003
How to display BCC filed by default when you try to send an email? It was there in perviously version. Now, you have to click on VIEW, ..... to enable it. Ok, I foud it, we can change windows registry to do it. Run regedit at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Preferences\ add an new DWORD key "ShowBcc" and set to 1. Restart outlook, when you click on new email message, you will see the Bcc field. Anyone know how to do it without modify registry? Thanks once it's enabled via the view menu, it should stay in view. also, if you add someone to the BCC fiel...

Importing .pdf file into Publisher
I've seen the articles here about Publisher not being able to directly import a .pdf file. I downloaded GhostScript and converted my file to .png. So, now that I have this, I'm not seeing a File > "Import" command. I'm not sure which Insert option to use or if this is the right way to get it into Publisher (2007). If I Insert > Object, I get a bad case of the jaggies when it prints, and also, the original image size is lost (business card). Any help on how I can get my .pdf business card into Publisher so I can print it would be greatly appreciated. What ha...

Large file size in Excel
I've got a worksheet that is blank, and the Ctrl-End key combination jumps to cell A1. I originally pasted 5 colums by 138 rows of data into this spreadsheet, then erased the columns completely by using 'Ctrl+-'. I've also selected the entire sheet and used Edit->Clear All. All this to no avail. I have an empty spreadsheet that takes up 900 KB, but zips to 30 KB Any suggestions on how to reduce the file size is welcome. "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69DAD6D5-9876-43C9-B11B-7AC6C19F9CFA@microsoft.com... > I've g...

Publisher 2002: How to start with different page number than 1?
In Publisher 2002 I need to start Part II (in a different Publisher file) with page 23. How do I do that? Also having trouble connecting text frames if I have to go in and insert pages and text. stonehearth <stonehearth@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > In Publisher 2002 I need to start Part II (in a different Publisher > file) with page 23. How do I do that? Insert > Section. > Also having trouble connecting text frames if I have to go in and > insert pages and text. In what way? Reconnecting text flow through (instead of around) an i...

Publisher updates #2
I have purchased three copies of Microsoft Office 2003 Professional, 2 with new computers, and 1 at a retail store over the last year for my personal computer and two computers at the church I pastor. The only computer that I don't have 2003 Pro on is my laptop that I use in my office. On that , I have Office 2000 Small Business and an old copy of Publisher 97. I use Publisher more than any other program and I can't transport Publisher files from any other computer to my laptop because it has an older version on it. Is there any way to update my Pub 97 without buying another...

Many SMTP Error messages in Event Viewer
I am getting loads of messages in Event Viewer that resemble this: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: SMTP Protocol Event ID: 7010 Date: 24/01/2006 Time: 11:17:04 User: N/A Computer: SERVER Description: This is an SMTP protocol log for virtual server ID 1, connection #28. The client at "61.141.167.77" sent a "rcpt" command, and the SMTP server responded with "550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for zhuliye21@yeah.net ". The full command sent was "rcpt TO:<zhuliye21@yeah.net>". This will ...

Zero-length MXL files
Hi, I'm attempting to understand an application I may one day "inherit" in ASP.NET and Flash. I've been searching but can't find out the answer to this, so if you have a pointer or want to explain I'd really appreciate it, thanks. The site has hundreds of empty xml files in directories in different sections named like this: section/cache/file-2005-20-09.xml. I'm sure this is one of those "try to read xyz20050101.xml and if it doesn't exist do this and if it does and is zero..." etc. Am I even close? Can someone tell me something about this and doe...

How do I set up dowloading PDF file on web page using Publisher
I am setting up a simple web site using publisher and what to give browsers access to PDF files of media articles etc. How do I set up a link on a web page and where do I put the main PDF file? On your webpage put a text line for the file, i.e., Get this file. Highlite the word FILE or words GET THIS FILE. Right click select Hyperlink and type in the path to where you are storing the pdf file, i.e., downloads/file.pdf Create the folder DOWNLOADS on your website, upload file.pdf into the DOWNLOADS folder. (uppercase is to clarify suggestion and not necessary for actual procedure - al...

files disappearing
I have a problem relating to word files. They are stored in a share on a microsoft server and worked fine until about a week ago. The user can access the share folder the file is stored in and sees a particular .doc word file; as soon as they open that file (mac:office x) it is converted to a word work file L_xxx(number is always diferent). They are then stuck because if they try and close word it asks do they want to save the file, they click no and the file is deleted. Does anyone have a solution; I have found a few articles asking the same/similar questions but as yet no answers. ...

using ntbackup in a batch file for Exchange 2003 on SBS 2003 Premi
Exchange Administration: I am working on batch files to backup my SBS 2003 Premium server. I have created an ntbackup backup selection file using the GUI tool. My server machine is P42800E, the machine I used to create this post is p3533, and the following is a Cygwin Bash session: <CVSENV>2006-05-22 22:27:52 dpchrist@p3533 /backup/bin/p42800e $ dump exchange.bks 000000 J \0 E \0 T \0 \0 P \0 4 \0 2 \0 8 \0 000010 0 \0 0 \0 E \0 \ \0 M \0 i \0 c \0 r \0 000020 o \0 s \0 o \0 f \0 t \0 \0 I \0 n \0 000030 ...

Creating archive files
From a windows application, I want to provide an "archive" facility which will scan a specific directory and put specific files into some single "Archive file", a bit like a zip-file I guess, but more windows standard. Then I want to provide a function "Import from Archive" which will accept the name of such an archive file, and be able to extract the files into some (other) directory (though normally it will be imported on a different machine that exported the file). What is provided within the .NET framework to perform generic archiving and recovery in t...

Can not import pictures in Publisher 2000
After reformatting my Dell computer, I reinstalled 2000. It now does not allow me to import a graphic. I get a box that says something about a graphics convertor missing. The CD is fine - had someone put it on their computer and it allows them to import a graphic. Am I missing another computer file of sort? Hope someone can help. Jeanne All graphics or only certain extensions? All the graphic filters are in a folder similar to this. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Grphflt If it is only certain extensions, rename the filter, for instance, TIFFIM32.FLT to TIFFIM32.old, dra...