Publisher printing problem #2

When I do a brochure,the edge of the printing does not
print.  I have the margins set for zero and the text all
fits in the text box.  If I move the text box inward it
will print but leaves too large an edge on the right
side.  I have no problem with the left side printing all
the way to the edge when I need it.

I print on an hp deskjet 970Cxi

Any help is appreciated
0
anonymous (74717)

A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from pam
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
> When I do a brochure,the edge of the printing does not
> print.  I have the margins set for zero and the text all
> fits in the text box.  If I move the text box inward it
> will print but leaves too large an edge on the right
> side.  I have no problem with the left side printing all
> the way to the edge when I need it.

This is a physical limitation of your printer.  Due to the way printers
work, most printers cannot print all the way to the edge of the page.  To
find the maximum print area of your printer, go here[1].  To avoid this
happening, either print to oversized paper (and trim down the excess),
adjust your publication so it falls within the print area, or buy a new
printer that supports full bleed (edge-to-edge printing), such as most of
the newer HP models (including some of the budget ones)

[1] http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=75

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)
9/19/2004 10:04:22 PM
It's a limitation of the printer. I have a HP 970Cse (same as the Cxi I
believe except the software that came with it).
About the closest to the edge printing you are going to get is .4" bottom,
..25" top and .5" on the sides.  I think the printer needs some paper to
pull/push it through the printer.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"pam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I do a brochure,the edge of the printing does not
> print.  I have the margins set for zero and the text all
> fits in the text box.  If I move the text box inward it
> will print but leaves too large an edge on the right
> side.  I have no problem with the left side printing all
> the way to the edge when I need it.
>
> I print on an hp deskjet 970Cxi
>
> Any help is appreciated

0
Retired (261)

vlookup problems
My vlookup of customer information is working fine until I add a customer to the list. The vlookup formula looks fine and it's referencing the proper worksheet (customer info). The range is fine (I'm assuming if the data range encompasses the entire worksheet it's fine) and the column indexes are correct. Yet, no data is returned to the destination cells. This only started happening after I added some customers to the customer info sheet. I'm not sure if this matters, but I've manually updated the source links also, hoping this would help. It didn't. Are there an...

enter text 2 cells same time 2 different sheets
I want to enter text in cell in sheet 1 and have it appear in a cell on sheet 2 also Select both sheets, using Shift and left-click on the sheet tabs.............then select a cell and type away........the values will appear in the same cells on both sheets Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "jack" <crabber1@ comcast .net> wrote in message news:700AD143-4B2D-4523-8849-79D5FA132392@microsoft.com... > I want to enter text in cell in sheet 1 and have it appear in a cell on sheet 2 also Jack, If it's the same cell (same address) in the two sheets, you can select both sheet...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

Problem using problem reporting
I noticed that windows 7 error reporting no longer works on my machine. It goes through the motions then reports it cannot connect to the error reporting service at this time, try again later. I have tried many times, same results each day. Any clue as to what might be wrong? Anyone heard of this error or know of a fix I'm using Windows 7 64 bit. Seen it reported a few times. The cause has worked out to one of three: 1.) Third party firewall 2.) Horked DNS 3.) Serious infection. Unfortunately, the third is the most common I've seen. -- Charlie. http://msmvps....

File and Print Sharing on Exchange 2003
Would there be any reason why I would need File and Print Sharing enabled on my Exchange 2003 cluster? I would like to minimize as much network services as possible and I can not think of any applicable use for FPS. I know mail slots use SMB but I do not believe Exchange 2003 uses mail slots??? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks, Brian Message tracking logs use a share so if you do remote admin you would lose this. There are two other shares in addition. I do not believe any are critical but be aware of what you will no longer have available. Nue "HoosierDaddy" <bjorgenson@...

Outlook Attachment problem
Hi, I have windows 2000 exchange server with service pack 3 and with all the hotfixes, some of our clients complaigning that thes attachments are corrupted when they receive emails from us , it works perfect some times and some times we need to resend the email to them which is very irritating to client and our users, Please suggest Any AV/Content Filtering/Gateways between your mail system and the external world? I would look there if its indeed happening on your end. On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 13:23:02 -0800, "Deeps" <Deeps@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >...

Can not receive email #2
Thanks for reply. Actually my mail server is for internal test, so I set up internal DNS server for it. The client is using the DNS server. From the client, I can telnet the mail server for port 25 and 110. Client can send email out but can not receive email. Thanks for help! Lisa >-----Original Message----- >try to force a connection and see if the queue clears. >"Administrator" <administrator@norepliesplease.com> wrote in message >news:OSRqrb5qEHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >> Lisa, >> >> Go to http://AboutMyDNS.com and run their quick...

publisher #74

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Sending Publisher Files

CTreeCtrl Focus Problem (is this a bug?)
Hi I have a Dialog witha tree control and an edit control, in a configuration window type setup. Each item in the tree view has a type and some data assosciated with it, which can be edited in the edit control. Because the value can be a string or a number, I need to do some validation in the edit control. Essentially, I want to hold focus until the data is valid. The problem I am having is that when I click on another item in the tree view, the KillFocus event for the edit does not fire (or rather not at once). The order of messages seems to be: TVN_SELCHANGING TVN_SELCHANGED EN_...

problem in use money files after change of hard disc
I have using money since 1990 with constant updates, my latest update was in 2005. Recently my hard disc crashed and I have to change for a new hard disc, after install money, I was unable to open my money files which run satisfactorily before the crash. When I try to run openthe file it always says "the file is created by an older version of money, money will save a copy of the file and upgrade you file for use by the program". Then after a while a message apear saying that "money is unable to acess your file .....". Can any one help me. I have run the same file...

Digitally signed Excel project problem
When trying to save a digitally signed Excel project in Office 2000, I get the error message "Excel cannot sign VBA macros when saving to this file format. ...... How do I fix this problem please? ...

Publisher 2000 #23

Can you solve my problem?
Hi How can I randomly select six different numbers at any one time i.e lottery numbers. I have tried using the formula below, =INT(RAND()*49)+1, which works OK but I get repeated numbers in a line of six, can anyone help? Keith For one way, see: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/randint.html Usage: Select six cells and array-enter =RandInt(1,49) In article <boA7e.20406$Uc7.7578@newsfe2-win.ntli.net>, "Keith Robinson" <Keith.Robinson28@ntlworld.com> wrote: > How can I randomly select six different numbers at any one time i.e lottery > numbers. I have ...

Publisher 2003

OL2007 : Printing problem with multiple mail printing
Hi, i update my OL 2003 to 2007 and now when i try to print some (HTML) email in one time, i've some ok, and some are illegible, font size are decrease to maybe 3pt or 2pt. If y try to print theses mails one by one it's ok. Any solutions ? Thanks in advance ! ...

Problem with Data Migration Framework, nothing is migrated....
Hi, I am trying to get some data into CRM with Data Migration Framework, but I have some problems. I have followed the guide, but when I am doing the migrate process the data fails to migrate. To eliminate some issues I have tried to manaully insert a testrecord in the cdf_mscrm database using the SQL enterprise manager. The only data in the database is a single record in the cdf_account table with corresponding records in _ext and _info databases. The fields AccountID, OwningUser and Name has data, the other fields are empty. OwningUser has a value wich corresponds with a SystemUserId in the...

upgrade publisher

Sign on/off problem
my mother was using her system and while trying to change her background her system did a restart and on startup asked for a password ( she never had to use a password before) now when she gives it the password it log her on, the microsoft music starts then it logs her off, and then the password window comes up. I went into safemode tryed the administrator account but a blank password doesn't work. Neather does any of the passwords she has used for outlook or anyother app. Question 1 why is it loging on then loging off. Question 2 Can I use Safemode with command promt to res...

electronic document delivery for purchasing #2
it seems mad to me to that MSBS have done half the job by doing electronic Doc Delivery for sales only. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c97b6ab7-2c48-431a...

Microsoft Publisher ?