publisher preparing to install and configure problem

Every time I open Publisher 2002 it goes throught
the 'first time' preparing to install and configuring
setups, this gets very waring!! I have tried uninstalling
and re-installing to no avail. I am operating in an
windows XP Professional environment.
0
anonymous (74717)

Have you got any virus programs installed?

If you have, end the program and then try and install Publisher 2002.

Do you get any error messages?  If you do, what are they?

donotknock (1942)
12/6/2003 12:08:51 PM
Hi kevin (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com),
in the Microsoft� newsgroups
you posted:

|| Every time I open Publisher 2002 it goes throught
|| the 'first time' preparing to install and configuring
|| setups, this gets very waring!! I have tried uninstalling
|| and re-installing to no avail. I am operating in an
|| windows XP Professional environment.

During your install, have you chosen to "run all from my computer"?

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Office Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
publisher (1245)

Missing installation code
Hi I have a Vista Business machine that I bought from Evesham who went bust a couple of years ago. I use this machine solely for running Visual Studio 2008. Recently this sarted to crash on opening. This seemed to be to do with .NET 3.5 SP1 failing to install in a windows update (even though it was installed) The machine won't go back to any restore point due to an "unknown error". I have uninstalled .Net 3.5 SP1 and reinstalled it and it still wants to apply the patch. I unistalled Visual Studion 2008 and it will not install again due to some error or other ...

vlookup problems
My vlookup of customer information is working fine until I add a customer to the list. The vlookup formula looks fine and it's referencing the proper worksheet (customer info). The range is fine (I'm assuming if the data range encompasses the entire worksheet it's fine) and the column indexes are correct. Yet, no data is returned to the destination cells. This only started happening after I added some customers to the customer info sheet. I'm not sure if this matters, but I've manually updated the source links also, hoping this would help. It didn't. Are there an...

Installation and location of MUD folder and database for multiple user account setup?
Installation and location of MUD folder and database for multiple user account setup? -------------------------------- Please don't scream at me, but I posted this message earlier today in the Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage Upon further reflection, I think that it's more appropriate to be listed and answered within the Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office. So I'm post a copy of it here. Hope that's OK. --------------------------------- Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage From: ...@comcast.net Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 12:20:57 -0700 Local: M...

Installing components for Microsoft Excel XP
I Need Help. I recently demoted my PDC to a standard server and joined another domain. Now when I attempt to access Excel I receive the following: =========================================== "Installing components for Microsoft Excel" Installing: "Microsoft Excel Feature" =========================================== It runs and then goes away but it does this every time I open Excel. How do I get rid of this message. I really don't want to re-install Excel. Things I have done. 1. Copied the old user's profile to the new one. 2. Move the Application Data...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

Outlook Attachment problem
Hi, I have windows 2000 exchange server with service pack 3 and with all the hotfixes, some of our clients complaigning that thes attachments are corrupted when they receive emails from us , it works perfect some times and some times we need to resend the email to them which is very irritating to client and our users, Please suggest Any AV/Content Filtering/Gateways between your mail system and the external world? I would look there if its indeed happening on your end. On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 13:23:02 -0800, "Deeps" <Deeps@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >...

SP3 xp failed to install catalog files during update
i have a fresh install of xp home with linksys wireless drivers, nvidia drivers, avg free and essential ms updates installed up to service pack 3 and nothing else installed. it downloaded the sp3 and started the install procedure the progress bar makes it to about a 3rd of the way through then gives me a message that it failed to install catalogue files there is no error code that went with the message. has anybody seen this happen yet? is there anything i can do? NOTE: *** IF Internet Explorer 7 or 8 are installed, UNinstall it now before applying SP3. Reinstall it afterwards...

publisher #74

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Sending Publisher Files

CTreeCtrl Focus Problem (is this a bug?)
Hi I have a Dialog witha tree control and an edit control, in a configuration window type setup. Each item in the tree view has a type and some data assosciated with it, which can be edited in the edit control. Because the value can be a string or a number, I need to do some validation in the edit control. Essentially, I want to hold focus until the data is valid. The problem I am having is that when I click on another item in the tree view, the KillFocus event for the edit does not fire (or rather not at once). The order of messages seems to be: TVN_SELCHANGING TVN_SELCHANGED EN_...

problem in use money files after change of hard disc
I have using money since 1990 with constant updates, my latest update was in 2005. Recently my hard disc crashed and I have to change for a new hard disc, after install money, I was unable to open my money files which run satisfactorily before the crash. When I try to run openthe file it always says "the file is created by an older version of money, money will save a copy of the file and upgrade you file for use by the program". Then after a while a message apear saying that "money is unable to acess your file .....". Can any one help me. I have run the same file...

Digitally signed Excel project problem
When trying to save a digitally signed Excel project in Office 2000, I get the error message "Excel cannot sign VBA macros when saving to this file format. ...... How do I fix this problem please? ...

Publisher 2000 #23

Can you solve my problem?
Hi How can I randomly select six different numbers at any one time i.e lottery numbers. I have tried using the formula below, =INT(RAND()*49)+1, which works OK but I get repeated numbers in a line of six, can anyone help? Keith For one way, see: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/randint.html Usage: Select six cells and array-enter =RandInt(1,49) In article <boA7e.20406$Uc7.7578@newsfe2-win.ntli.net>, "Keith Robinson" <Keith.Robinson28@ntlworld.com> wrote: > How can I randomly select six different numbers at any one time i.e lottery > numbers. I have ...

Publisher 2003

Problem with Data Migration Framework, nothing is migrated....
Hi, I am trying to get some data into CRM with Data Migration Framework, but I have some problems. I have followed the guide, but when I am doing the migrate process the data fails to migrate. To eliminate some issues I have tried to manaully insert a testrecord in the cdf_mscrm database using the SQL enterprise manager. The only data in the database is a single record in the cdf_account table with corresponding records in _ext and _info databases. The fields AccountID, OwningUser and Name has data, the other fields are empty. OwningUser has a value wich corresponds with a SystemUserId in the...

upgrade publisher

Sign on/off problem
my mother was using her system and while trying to change her background her system did a restart and on startup asked for a password ( she never had to use a password before) now when she gives it the password it log her on, the microsoft music starts then it logs her off, and then the password window comes up. I went into safemode tryed the administrator account but a blank password doesn't work. Neather does any of the passwords she has used for outlook or anyother app. Question 1 why is it loging on then loging off. Question 2 Can I use Safemode with command promt to res...

Microsoft Publisher ?

Problems Installing Mac Office 2008 Home/Student Over Mac Office 2008 Trial
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Tried to install Mac Office 2008 Home/Student over an expired Mac Office 2008 Trial and ran into problems, when the application downloaded and tried to install Office 2008 12.2.0. MS Mac Support indicated that I needed to reinstall Snow Leopard. Thought that this was a bizarre solution. Has anyone else ran into this problem? Does anyone have a workaround that they can recommend? Appreciate any and all prompt responses. Many Thanks. ...

Problems receiving email from specific domains
We host our own ex2k3 server internally. A few weeks ago we switched to a new ISP at work. Everything went very smoothly overall. Emails seemed to be sending and receiving without much issue. However, we were intermittently receiving emails from a small handful of domains. We could send emails to those domains but most emails from those domains were not being received. A restart of our ex2k3 server cured the problem for everyone except emails being received from gmail and sbcglobal. Even then some emails would make it through but most don't. Any idea why this is happening? Did you check ...