Publisher Measurement Toolbar

Half the toolbar for measurement is non avtive and will not measure an object. The help menus do not address activation of this feature. How do you display or draw an objects measurments?
0
W (121)

Left something out of the orginial post. Publisher 2003 on XP system.

"Jeff w" wrote:

> Half the toolbar for measurement is non avtive and will not measure an object. The help menus do not address activation of this feature. How do you display or draw an objects measurments?
0
JeffW (8)
7/4/2004 10:35:01 PM
 Hold shift and drag the ruler(s). Select the object, right-click, click format
object (picture), the size is in the dialogue and can be adjusted. Tick the "Lock
aspect ratio" and you can adjust by percentage.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Jeff w" <Jeff w@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Half the toolbar for measurement is non avtive and will not measure an object. The
help menus do not address activation of this feature. How do you display or draw an
objects measurments?

0
gsauer (5094)

------=_NextPart_000_00AD_01C46626.111C6340

Jeff how come you are not using the *awesome* Serif DrawPlus 7.0
One of DrawPlus magic features is it draw to scale option.
DrawPlus is just a magic program.

--=20

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"
------=_NextPart_000_00AD_01C46626.111C6340

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV>Jeff how come you are not using the *awesome* <A=20
href=3D"http://www.serif.com/drawplus/drawplus7/">Serif DrawPlus =
7.0</A></DIV>
<DIV>One of DrawPlus magic features is it draw to scale option.</DIV>
<DIV>DrawPlus is just a magic program.</DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>"If you don't know where you are going,<BR>any road =
will=20
take you there!"</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00AD_01C46626.111C6340--

0
brains (331)
7/9/2004 4:31:55 PM
Hi ��MS-Publisher�� (brains@here.com),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

| Jeff how come you are not using the *awesome* Serif DrawPlus 7.0
| One of DrawPlus magic features is it draw to scale option.
| DrawPlus is just a magic program.

Blah! Microsoft Expression 3.3 and PhotoDraw 2000 v2 are MAGIC drawing
programs.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
7/9/2004 4:37:13 PM
Brian K do they do scale with measurements and the ability to show the
measurments???
Are they VECTOR and Bitmapped???

Now, PhotoDraw was such a disgusting mega dog of a product MS took it off
the market!!!

Expression where did that pop up from.  Did MS buy some one man band
shareware programmer out?
Expression must be of mighty dubious value if I have never heard of it.

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
brains (331)
7/9/2004 5:53:50 PM
David, Try it... Free for the download... Need a passport sign-in
http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"��MS-Publisher��" <brains@here.com> wrote in message
> Brian K do they do scale with measurements and the ability to show the
> measurments???
> Are they VECTOR and Bitmapped???
>
> Now, PhotoDraw was such a disgusting mega dog of a product MS took it off
> the market!!!
>
> Expression where did that pop up from.  Did MS buy some one man band
> shareware programmer out?
> Expression must be of mighty dubious value if I have never heard of it.
>
> --
>
> "If you don't know where you are going,
> any road will take you there!"

0
gsauer (5094)
7/9/2004 6:14:02 PM
Mary certainly looks interesting and could be a handy weapon in the arsenal,
however, you cannot buy it here and really have sufficient drawing programs.
Serif have Fringe Textures and Real-time Reflection for close to two years
now.
Overall DrawPlus has substantially more features than Expression.
Thanks for the link.
--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
brains (331)
7/9/2004 6:21:51 PM
I searched the Draw Plus and the UK web site says it is not XP compatiable so I'll skip that one. The Expressions is kind artsy craftsy so I'll stick to my Adobe CS products and the PhotoDraw I used to have until MS stopped supporting it. I'll keep looking.

"°°MS-Publisher°°" wrote:

> Mary certainly looks interesting and could be a handy weapon in the arsenal,
> however, you cannot buy it here and really have sufficient drawing programs.
> Serif have Fringe Textures and Real-time Reflection for close to two years
> now.
> Overall DrawPlus has substantially more features than Expression.
> Thanks for the link.
> --
>
> "If you don't know where you are going,
> any road will take you there!"

0
JeffW (8)
7/9/2004 9:42:01 PM
Of course DrawPlus is compatible with XP.

There are millions that use DrawPlus everyday with XP.

Now go ahead and show me where it says DrawPlus is not XP compatible.
--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
brains (331)
7/10/2004 12:32:03 AM
In news:ewNcfGeZEHA.556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
��MS-Publisher�� <brains@here.com> posted:
> Mary certainly looks interesting and could be a handy weapon in the
> arsenal, however, you cannot buy it here and really have sufficient
> drawing programs. Serif have Fringe Textures and Real-time Reflection
> for close to two years now.
> Overall DrawPlus has substantially more features than Expression.
> Thanks for the link.

And Expression has substantially more features than DrawPlus. So what is
your point? How long have you been using Expression? I have had DrawPlus for
many versions now.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
publisher (1245)
7/10/2004 3:18:48 AM
Well arrange to get me an Expression sent over and I will promote it.

Certainly looks quite reasonable, but, hey, I really don't see it having
more features than DrawPlus 7.0.
The overall capability of DrawPlus is excellent.

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
brains (331)
7/10/2004 5:11:27 AM
http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/

You need a passport log-in to get it but free is my favorite price.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> Well arrange to get me an Expression sent over and I will promote it.
>
> Certainly looks quite reasonable, but, hey, I really don't see it having
> more features than DrawPlus 7.0.
> The overall capability of DrawPlus is excellent.
>
> --
>
> "If you don't know where you are going,
> any road will take you there!"

---

jl_amerson (3088)
7/10/2004 10:49:48 AM
In news:uwNpfxjZEHA.1508@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
��MS-Publisher�� <brains@here.com> posted:
> Well arrange to get me an Expression sent over and I will promote it.
>
> Certainly looks quite reasonable, but, hey, I really don't see it
> having more features than DrawPlus 7.0.
> The overall capability of DrawPlus is excellent.

I mean't as in more features in some areas, while DrawPlus has more features
in other areas.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
publisher (1245)
7/10/2004 12:47:46 PM
Is it TOTALLY FREEEEEEEEEE for all time use???

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
brains (331)
7/11/2004 1:41:39 AM
It is a beta version, not for resale. Other than that - it's TOTALLY
FREEEEEEEEEE for all time use. Nothing in the EULA indicates otherwise.
Nothing on the website indicates otherwise.

Enjoy.  :-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> Is it TOTALLY FREEEEEEEEEE for all time use???
>
> --
>
> "If you don't know where you are going,
> any road will take you there!"

---

jl_amerson (3088)
7/11/2004 1:52:19 AM
I just downloaded it and it looks awesome :)

Thanks, JoAnn!  I'm still using PhotoDraw and still love that as it's so
simple and easy to use. I wish they had kept it going.

Carole

JoAnn Paules wrote:
> It is a beta version, not for resale. Other than that - it's TOTALLY
> FREEEEEEEEEE for all time use. Nothing in the EULA indicates otherwise.
> Nothing on the website indicates otherwise.
>
> Enjoy.  :-)

I have 79% no 80% no 81% no 82% downloaded.

I will give it a run and post back.

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
brains (331)
7/11/2004 2:22:25 AM
Cool. I'd like to hear your opinion on it. And I *know* I can count on your
honest opinion.  ;-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

>I have 79% no 80% no 81% no 82% downloaded.
>
> I will give it a run and post back.
>
> --
>
> "If you don't know where you are going,
> any road will take you there!"

---

jl_amerson (3088)
7/11/2004 3:27:15 AM
Well I can see now why it is a freebie.

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
brains (331)
7/11/2004 4:24:09 AM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
��MS-Publisher�� <brains@here.com>!"...
> Well I can see now why it is a freebie.

Like most powerful tools, it takes time to learn.

But once you have learned it, it's an awesome tool.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)
7/11/2004 11:22:18 AM
Strange the HELP is in PDF for an MS program.
I ended up printing the HELP file out on the colour laser printer.
The HELP file is a work of art in all aspects.

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
brains (331)
7/11/2004 12:07:39 PM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
��MS-Publisher�� <brains@here.com>!"...
> Strange the HELP is in PDF for an MS program.

Microsoft have quite a few things on their site in PDF.
I think the main reason for this particular help file being PDF is that it
was written before Microsoft acquired Creature House.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6344)

Publishing to the web through Publisher

publisher #74

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Excel 2000 Toolbar Customization
I've customized the toolbars to my satisfaction and also created my own customized toolbar under 'views - toolbars'. The customized toolbars work great during a single Excel session. When I fire-up Excel the next time it's reverted to the as-delivered toolbars. What's wrong? How can I make a permanent change to the toolbars? Also on start-up, Excel sometimes opens two blank workbooks. What's that about? Thanks much for the help. On the custom toolbar issue: Run a search on your HDD to locate a file called Excel.xlb. If my guess is right. you'll find ...

Sending Publisher Files

Publisher 2000 #23

Publisher 2003

upgrade publisher

Microsoft Publisher ?

Why is publisher newsletter not page wide when sent
When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it it is about 4" wide. I want it to be page wide when it is sent to a client. What do I need to do? What do you call "page wide"? If you had started with the email template, you would not have width issues. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Donna McDermed" <DonnaMcDermed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5974DDA0-2E2D-4495-A5EB-FBF8F543482B@microsoft.com... > When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it > it > is abo...

Help Publishing Custom Form
I have published a custom task form to my Organizational Forms Library following the instructions here: http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=34. It works great, and now I have 2 quick questions regarding selecting the published forms: 1. Can I make the forms available by selecting the NEW menu, so I don't have to choose the form, and then browse to find it? I would like be able to select New and have it show my custom form there AND the default task form for that folder. 2. If not, I think I am supposed to be able to highlight the task folder, then select the ACTION menu and see ...

Publisher for MAC
I would like to be able to use some of the publisher features on my MACBOOK PRO, but have been unable to locate the software, I waited for Office 2008 for Mac and it wasn't there :( when are you going to have it available for we mac afficianado's? -- If you try it you can be sure if you don''t like it, if you don''t try it your assuming. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see t...

Can I save my toolbar
In Word I can save the normal template so on reformatting I have all my personal toolbars/ cutomisations. Is there anything similar I can do with Excel. Thanks in anticipation Ken When you exit Excel the current menu and toolbar setup is always saved (to your XLB file). And it will be restored from the XLB file when you start Excel. If this doesn't help perhaps you can elaborate. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Ken" <noone@nowhere> wrote in message news:420b1b44$0$4097$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk... | In Word I can save the normal template so on reformatting I have all my...

convert Publisher document to Word
I created name tags in Publisher and want to convert them to a Word document so I and type a different name on each tag. I did it once and can't remember how - have tried saving the Publisher file as a Word file, but it only saves the text, not the formatting. Help! Hi Paula (pkrantz@thediscoveryalliance.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I created name tags in Publisher and want to convert them || to a Word document so I and type a different name on each || tag. I did it once and can't remember how - have tried || saving the Publisher file as a Word file, but it...

How do I get upgarde for publisher 98 to 2000 ?
I have set up the publisher 98 but I have installed in office 2000 on my pc. My system is run win xp so now microsoft update office 2000 SR-1 ...so what shall I do then . aknz2004 wrote: >I have set up the publisher 98 but I have installed in > office 2000 on my pc. My system is run win xp so now > microsoft update office 2000 SR-1 ...so what shall I do > then . ======================================= If you want Publisher 2000, you'll have to purchase a copy of the program. You cannot upgrade Pub98 to Pub2000...they are two separate programs. -- John Inzer return e-mail...

Publisher 2000 Publish error
Hi, I'm working with someone using Publisher 2000 who has added an FTP site and over a dial up connection tries to publish. He proceeds and then gets an error as transfer seems to be attempted: "Publisher could not save the file to the web. Please check URL or network address." He is saving as a web page and then trying to upload with appropriate credentials. I've asked that anti-virus (McAfee) and win XP firewall be off as well as a web accelerator but the error persists. I've Googled the error and have found scant information. Any help is appreciated. Try the fo...

2003 publisher w/XP and 2007 publisher w/Vista
I have numerous publisher files in XP that I'm emailing to have opened in Vista. Although the file can be opened the text is scrambled. Any ideas? Were the files created with standard fonts? Maybe your recipient doesn't have the font you used on their computer. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "JULIEW" <JULIEW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CE85845-A3C2-4A00-80D7-81E27126C8B5@microsoft.com... >I have numerous publisher files in XP that I'm emailing to have opened in > Vista. Although the file can be opened the text is scrambled. ...

Publisher/Adobe PDF
How do I convert a document made in Publisher to an Adobe PDF? Coni Crone <Coni Crone@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > How do I convert a document made in Publisher to an Adobe PDF? For an Adobe PDF, you'll need an Adobe Product. Namely, Adobe Acrobat. With v7 and later, simply click the button on the Adobe PDF Toolbar. In older versions, you'll have to select File > Print and select the Adobe PDF or Acrobat Distiller printer. For a generic PDF readable by Adobe Reader, there are any number of cheap and/or free applications you can use...

Need to Load Publisher
I have Publisher 98 CD and lost the jewel case that had the CD Key Value. I have anew computer and just needs the functionality of Publisher 98. How can I get the 11-disgit key value? I have a valid product ID when I loded the software on the old computer Help?? MIke http://www.phroogle.com/index.php?str=p&st=4520 -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Mike" <mbenya@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:027d01c3c...

Publisher locks up
Publisher locks up, not responding when I try to change out a picture from the hard drive in a publication. Or try to change locations of a picture on the hard drive to incert into a publisher file Read the 4th FAQ here http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "tombochilicombo" <tombochilicombo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C4F0B2A-ACAA-40E6-9EA4-3B193D74CAB6@microsoft.com... > Publisher locks up, not responding when I try to change out a picture from > the hard drive in a publication. O...

Any tricks for Mail and Catalogue Merge in Publisher?
I already prepared my brochure, created my address list but the mail merge wizard is not available to me. Can't figure out what is wrong. This addresses Publisher 2002, maybe your issue too? PUB2002: Mail Merge Feature Is Unavailable http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;286203 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jmartin99" <jmartin99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53E34C16-AEB4-4D04-B8E3-DB87E3362632@microsoft.com... >I already prepared my brochure, created m...

Publisher 98 to Publisher 2000
Hi I have been given a Publisher 98 file that will not open in Publisher 2000. Is there any way to open this???? -- Sonia Should open... . If you have Norton, disable "script blocking", in Norton options, misc., clear "enable Office Plug-in". If you have any other anti-virus software, disable it long enough to open the file. If none of this works, send me the file and I will convert it to 2000 gsauer at columbus dot rr dot com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sonia" <Sonia@discu...