Publisher Mail Merge Stapling Printer Problems

Problem:  When printing a mail merged document and collating / stapling it,
it puts 2 merged documents together rather than printing / folding 1 and then
the next record.

In Publisher 2003 / 2002 we were able to use KB article #891904 to put a
registry value in to solve the problem.  In Publisher 2007 however, there is
not a fix posted and the previous fix does not work - at least not one that I
know of.

I have tried all of the usual searches, GOOGLE, MSFT KB, etc. but the
articles that do acknowledge 2007 is on the market do not have a fix for it
yet.  Even KB891904 does not have a listing for 2007.  Does anyone know of
anything or have any ideas to where I could look to find an answer?

Any assistance would be Greatly Appreciated.

0
Dennis (299)

Dennis wrote:
> I have tried all of the usual searches, GOOGLE, MSFT KB, etc. but the
> articles that do acknowledge 2007 is on the market do not have a fix for it
> yet.  Even KB891904 does not have a listing for 2007.  Does anyone know of
> anything or have any ideas to where I could look to find an answer?

The manual solutions listed at kb891904 should work. The Registry Fix
was working during the Beta (by replacing "Printing" with
"Preferences"), but appears to have been removed somewhere between Beta
2 and RTM. :-(

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

vlookup problems
My vlookup of customer information is working fine until I add a customer to the list. The vlookup formula looks fine and it's referencing the proper worksheet (customer info). The range is fine (I'm assuming if the data range encompasses the entire worksheet it's fine) and the column indexes are correct. Yet, no data is returned to the destination cells. This only started happening after I added some customers to the customer info sheet. I'm not sure if this matters, but I've manually updated the source links also, hoping this would help. It didn't. Are there an...

updated junk mail filters for ms outlook
Is there an improved junk mail filter and if so where can i go to download ...

Combine or Merge Issue
Greetings: First, I have machines with both Office 2000 and 2003, so I have both available if that matters. Now, the issue: Our company accountant generates a sheet every two weeks with 401(k) figures...what the employee contributed, what the employer contributed, etc. Each sheet is exactly the same as far as what data goes where, but the amounts sometimes change from pay period to pay period. So, at the end of the year, she has 26 sheets. Is there a way to create a 27th sheet and combine all the data from the first 26? For example, if in A3 we have a dollar amount that represents what E...

send to recipient mail as attachment
when I try to send an open word file by selecting send to recipient as attachment it simply opens up outlook with the mentioned document in attachment when a perticular user tries to do this she gets an error message bottom line is that this functionality only works for some people and it will never work for others where can I find info on how to solve this by changing settings in office or in the registry or whatever I have already googled and only found pointers to mapi errors telling me absolutely nothing new they all state that this is happening because outlook or outlook express...

Can't recieve e-mail or visit our own web site
Outlook is not able to send or recieve any e-mail from our web address. It says it can't find the host server. What is strange is that I can browse the web anywhere but our own website. However, other computers have no problem visiting our website so I know it's this particular computer. It acts as though our web address has somehow been blocked so that I cannot visit it through internet explorer or recieve any e-mail through outlook. SpamBay (?) was installed on Outlook not too long ago, but I haven't been able to locate a problem there...any ideas? vms wrote: > Outloo...

How do I transfer all Windows Live Mail & file to my new XP machin
On the old WinXP machine, WLM runs well with familiar folders, accounts, messages, and contacts. I don't want to have to set up the folders and accounts and "export" and "import". How do i transfer all of this to my new WinXP machine? ...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

outlook express as default mail handler
My office uses Outlook Express for email. I could switch to Outlook. Here's the problem: I can't get Outlook Express to become the default so my PDA will pick up the email. Tried Tools, Options, etc. Click on default and then click ok and then it goes right back to not being the default. I don't understand why. I'd rather keep using Outlook Express. If I give up on OE and try for Outlook and try importing the mail info/addresses from OE, I get an error message which says it's creating an Outlook.exe error log and drops out of the import. I can't find the log....

publisher #74

Junk Mail
I read the following recently. Does this change also effect the order of processing for Junk Mail and Out of Office replies. Do Out of Office replies NOT fire for junk mail? SP1 changes how the Junk Email filter works. Previously, Rules processed messages ahead of the Junk email filter and only messages not handled by rules were processed by the spam filter. SP1 runs the junk filter on all messages before processing the messages using the Rules Wizard. While this is a good thing for people who use multiple accounts and moves messages to different folders, it may require users to add mo...

Merging Domains?
We are merging with another company, and I need some steps on how to make this happen, email wise: someone@DomainA.com (my domain) someone@DomainB.com (merging company) Both currently exist, as seperate companies. I have set up new accounts on my exch 2003 server for DomainA.com. I need to get them on my exchange server (DomainA). Can I add their domain address to be allowed to have emails delivered to their new alias' on my company server? Is there a way to have their MX record and DNS of DomainB.com, be accepted into my current exchange 2003 server? I will slowly fas...

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Sending Publisher Files

problem in use money files after change of hard disc
I have using money since 1990 with constant updates, my latest update was in 2005. Recently my hard disc crashed and I have to change for a new hard disc, after install money, I was unable to open my money files which run satisfactorily before the crash. When I try to run openthe file it always says "the file is created by an older version of money, money will save a copy of the file and upgrade you file for use by the program". Then after a while a message apear saying that "money is unable to acess your file .....". Can any one help me. I have run the same file...

Digitally signed Excel project problem
When trying to save a digitally signed Excel project in Office 2000, I get the error message "Excel cannot sign VBA macros when saving to this file format. ...... How do I fix this problem please? ...

Publisher 2000 #23

Publisher 2003

Problem with Data Migration Framework, nothing is migrated....
Hi, I am trying to get some data into CRM with Data Migration Framework, but I have some problems. I have followed the guide, but when I am doing the migrate process the data fails to migrate. To eliminate some issues I have tried to manaully insert a testrecord in the cdf_mscrm database using the SQL enterprise manager. The only data in the database is a single record in the cdf_account table with corresponding records in _ext and _info databases. The fields AccountID, OwningUser and Name has data, the other fields are empty. OwningUser has a value wich corresponds with a SystemUserId in the...

upgrade publisher

Sign on/off problem
my mother was using her system and while trying to change her background her system did a restart and on startup asked for a password ( she never had to use a password before) now when she gives it the password it log her on, the microsoft music starts then it logs her off, and then the password window comes up. I went into safemode tryed the administrator account but a blank password doesn't work. Neather does any of the passwords she has used for outlook or anyother app. Question 1 why is it loging on then loging off. Question 2 Can I use Safemode with command promt to res...

How do you check your office e-mail when out of the office?
How do I check my e-mail when out of the office? more detail on your setup would be required to answer that. "Office e-mail question" <Office e-mail question@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33B202BC-03CF-4CBF-93DC-A27639BA06A9@microsoft.com... > How do I check my e-mail when out of the office? If your office uses an Exchange server, then ask the mail admin if they have enabled Outlook Web Access, which allows you to view the contents of your Exchange mailbox via a web browser. He or she may also be able to set you up with a VPN, if your company uses...

Microsoft Publisher ?