Publisher is making me crazy!

I have been trying to create a flyer for a small
business.  Using the Wizard, I am having a problem with
the text.  I need 8 text boxes.  The Wizard only allows
me to use 5, and several of those are not the sizes I
need.  One is for a tag line, which I don't need, I need
one that I can enlagre enough to put in a list.  When I
try that, the list starts at the bottom, and will not
line up with the type on the other side of the page!  I
have been working on this flyer for 3 weeks, with NO
luck.  Why can't I add my own text boxes?  And if I CAN
add text boxes, please tell me how to do it!

Thanks,

Jan Birkner
0
GFSJan (1)

Hi Jan Birkner (GFSJan@aol.com),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| I have been trying to create a flyer for a small
|| business.  Using the Wizard, I am having a problem with
|| the text.  I need 8 text boxes.  The Wizard only allows
|| me to use 5, and several of those are not the sizes I
|| need.  One is for a tag line, which I don't need, I need
|| one that I can enlagre enough to put in a list.  When I
|| try that, the list starts at the bottom, and will not
|| line up with the type on the other side of the page!  I
|| have been working on this flyer for 3 weeks, with NO
|| luck.  Why can't I add my own text boxes?  And if I CAN
|| add text boxes, please tell me how to do it!

Which version of Publisher are you using?
Which version of Windows are you using?
Which Flyer Wizard are you using?
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
5/11/2004 2:05:13 PM
Jan,

Are you using Pub 2000? Did you finish out the Wizard? (Sounds silly but
this happened last week to a poster.)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jan Birkner" <GFSJan@aol.com> wrote in message
> I have been trying to create a flyer for a small
> business.  Using the Wizard, I am having a problem with
> the text.  I need 8 text boxes.  The Wizard only allows
> me to use 5, and several of those are not the sizes I
> need.  One is for a tag line, which I don't need, I need
> one that I can enlagre enough to put in a list.  When I
> try that, the list starts at the bottom, and will not
> line up with the type on the other side of the page!  I
> have been working on this flyer for 3 weeks, with NO
> luck.  Why can't I add my own text boxes?  And if I CAN
> add text boxes, please tell me how to do it!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jan Birkner

0
jl_amerson (3088)
5/11/2004 2:16:18 PM
Dear JoAnne,

Yep, finished out the Wizard.  Figured out that I could
just make the text box bigger, and I could put in all the
stuff I needed.  Then, it just would NOT let me put the
personal info into the tear-offs at the bottom of the
flyer, and NOW........it's not letting me transfer files
for a newsletter I do at work.  I'm using Publisher 2000,
on Windows XP, sent the file to the boss, and she
couldn't open my file.  She sent me HER template, and I
couldn't open it.  She's using Win 98.  I'm almost
tempted to just start over with Win98 again!  It's not as
stupid as XP!

Jan

0
anonymous (74719)
5/12/2004 12:54:28 AM
Dear Brian,

I am using Publisher2000, Version 5.1.2600.  I just
installed Windows XP, and I think that's the biggest
problem i have!  HAlf my hardware won't work, like my cd
burner, my scanner, etc.  And half my programs don't work
either.  I just tried sending a Publisher file to my
boss, who also uses Publisher 2000, but she couldn't open
it, so she sent ME a file, and I couldn't open hers!  She
is using Win98.  This is really getting ridiculous.

The flyer Wizard I was using was for an unformatted
flyer, no color scheme or anything extra, except for tear-
offs on the bottom of the sheet.  After I wrote last
night, I tried today to put name and phone number in the
tear-offs, that didn't work either!  When I took off the
tearoffs, Publisher took off half of what was on the rest
of the page!

When you reply, please send my email to
Jan@crazyhouse.usa!  I'm going nuts here!

Jan

0
anonymous (74719)
5/12/2004 12:58:57 AM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
> I am using Publisher2000, Version 5.1.2600.  I just
> installed Windows XP, and I think that's the biggest
> problem i have!
v5.1.2600 is your version of Windows.

> HAlf my hardware won't work, like my cd
> burner, my scanner, etc.
Have you downloaded the latest drivers for them?
What makes/models are they?

> And half my programs don't work
> either.
Like...?
Are you running as an Administrator as a Limited User?

> I just tried sending a Publisher file to my
> boss, who also uses Publisher 2000, but she couldn't open
> it, so she sent ME a file, and I couldn't open hers!
Are either of you running Norton AntiVirus?

> After I wrote last
> night, I tried today to put name and phone number in the
> tear-offs, that didn't work either!
What do you mean "didn't work"?  You typed, and nothing appeared on the
screen?

> When I took off the
> tearoffs, Publisher took off half of what was on the rest
> of the page!
Try ungrouping the objects on the page.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)

Close Worksheet and Making Worksheet Invisible
Hi, I use this (pardon the variable names...) infile = "C:\Temp\Garb-Tests\Test1\solTrip.xlsx" insheet = "Trip" '--------------------------------------------------------------------- Set o = Workbooks.Open(infile).Worksheets(insheet) .... Reading data from this works. However, this causes the sheet to open, but I don't want that so I do: o.Visible = false When I do this, ths sheet still opens but it opens without any data! Also, when I try to close this workbook using: o.Close (false, false) I get a runtime error 438 - Object does not support...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

publisher #74

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Sending Publisher Files

Publisher 2000 #23

how to make a formula to be "&"s formula
hi, could anybody tell me something about the way to make a formula to be "&"s formula. i mean that, for instance ,make =D22-G28-D26 to be =D22&" − "&G28&" − "&D26, for i like the show the detail of the formula,instead of the result. thanks best regards Dnia Wed, 17 Nov 2004 21:47:43 +0900, EXCELNEWS napisa(a): > hi, > could anybody tell me something about the way to make a formula to be "&"s > formula. > i mean that, for instance ,make =D22-G28-D26 to be =D22&" "&G28&&q...

Publisher 2003

Make User Date update on 24/7 Great Plains session.
I'm using Great Plains 8. I have a 24/7 SOP Great Plains process running on the server. The orders imported use the 'User Date" to set the imported order's 'Order Date' value. The User Date does not increment on it's own. Can anyone tell me a way to update the User Date on this un-attended Great Plains session? Thanks! Kevin R How about a GP macro that changes the user date and then add that macro to run using Windows Scheduled Tasks? Never tried it but should work. "Kevin R" wrote: > I'm using Great Plains 8. I have a 24/7 SOP Gr...

How do I make a graph ignore zero's in Excel 98
Hi, I set up a chart that graphs changes in quantity over time. It's source data comes from multiple different places in my spreadsheet, so, to make it easy to graph, I use formulas to set it out nicely.. namely, two rows, the top with date and the bottom with quantity. Problem is, that everyday I have to copy the quantity grabbing formula over to the next column. If I leave the formula pre-copied right across, it skews my trend line and makes my graph look terrible because it dives down to zero. If I don't copy the formula, I miss the latest set of data. Essentially, I just wan...

upgrade publisher

Microsoft Publisher ?

Why is publisher newsletter not page wide when sent
When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it it is about 4" wide. I want it to be page wide when it is sent to a client. What do I need to do? What do you call "page wide"? If you had started with the email template, you would not have width issues. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Donna McDermed" <DonnaMcDermed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5974DDA0-2E2D-4495-A5EB-FBF8F543482B@microsoft.com... > When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it > it > is abo...

Visual Studio do make Deployment on Windows 7
HI All, I have tried to use the Visual studio 2005 deployment project to deploy my C# program, and the deployment has custom action in the Installation, but it will fail to install in a windows 7 64 bits OS and the error code is 2869, and i have read the information from the Internet and it seems to be the UAC problem, but i have tried to use ORCA to change the custom action type to 3073 and tried to disable the UAC function in the windows 7, and also tried to use an empty Install method: public override void Install(System.Collections.IDictionary stateSaver) { ...

How do i make a cell look embossed or raised in excel?
I cant seem to figure out how to make a cell have a raised or lowered effect...can someone please help me? Hi, You just need to format the borders. Top and Left with thick light gray Bottom and Right with thick dark gray Cheers Andy Mr.Niceguy wrote: > I cant seem to figure out how to make a cell have a raised or lowered > effect...can someone please help me? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Help Publishing Custom Form
I have published a custom task form to my Organizational Forms Library following the instructions here: http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=34. It works great, and now I have 2 quick questions regarding selecting the published forms: 1. Can I make the forms available by selecting the NEW menu, so I don't have to choose the form, and then browse to find it? I would like be able to select New and have it show my custom form there AND the default task form for that folder. 2. If not, I think I am supposed to be able to highlight the task folder, then select the ACTION menu and see ...

Publisher for MAC
I would like to be able to use some of the publisher features on my MACBOOK PRO, but have been unable to locate the software, I waited for Office 2008 for Mac and it wasn't there :( when are you going to have it available for we mac afficianado's? -- If you try it you can be sure if you don''t like it, if you don''t try it your assuming. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see t...

convert Publisher document to Word
I created name tags in Publisher and want to convert them to a Word document so I and type a different name on each tag. I did it once and can't remember how - have tried saving the Publisher file as a Word file, but it only saves the text, not the formatting. Help! Hi Paula (pkrantz@thediscoveryalliance.com), in the Microsoft newsgroups you posted: || I created name tags in Publisher and want to convert them || to a Word document so I and type a different name on each || tag. I did it once and can't remember how - have tried || saving the Publisher file as a Word file, but it...

How do I get upgarde for publisher 98 to 2000 ?
I have set up the publisher 98 but I have installed in office 2000 on my pc. My system is run win xp so now microsoft update office 2000 SR-1 ...so what shall I do then . aknz2004 wrote: >I have set up the publisher 98 but I have installed in > office 2000 on my pc. My system is run win xp so now > microsoft update office 2000 SR-1 ...so what shall I do > then . ======================================= If you want Publisher 2000, you'll have to purchase a copy of the program. You cannot upgrade Pub98 to Pub2000...they are two separate programs. -- John Inzer return e-mail...

Publisher 2000 Publish error
Hi, I'm working with someone using Publisher 2000 who has added an FTP site and over a dial up connection tries to publish. He proceeds and then gets an error as transfer seems to be attempted: "Publisher could not save the file to the web. Please check URL or network address." He is saving as a web page and then trying to upload with appropriate credentials. I've asked that anti-virus (McAfee) and win XP firewall be off as well as a web accelerator but the error persists. I've Googled the error and have found scant information. Any help is appreciated. Try the fo...

2003 publisher w/XP and 2007 publisher w/Vista
I have numerous publisher files in XP that I'm emailing to have opened in Vista. Although the file can be opened the text is scrambled. Any ideas? Were the files created with standard fonts? Maybe your recipient doesn't have the font you used on their computer. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "JULIEW" <JULIEW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CE85845-A3C2-4A00-80D7-81E27126C8B5@microsoft.com... >I have numerous publisher files in XP that I'm emailing to have opened in > Vista. Although the file can be opened the text is scrambled. ...

Publisher/Adobe PDF
How do I convert a document made in Publisher to an Adobe PDF? Coni Crone <Coni Crone@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > How do I convert a document made in Publisher to an Adobe PDF? For an Adobe PDF, you'll need an Adobe Product. Namely, Adobe Acrobat. With v7 and later, simply click the button on the Adobe PDF Toolbar. In older versions, you'll have to select File > Print and select the Adobe PDF or Acrobat Distiller printer. For a generic PDF readable by Adobe Reader, there are any number of cheap and/or free applications you can use...