Publisher file won't open #2

I worked for three hours then Publsher crashed.  I had saved my file,
but  when I trie to open it it says problem with file, do you want to
report it, and then reboots Publisher.  How can I save my work?
0
dhsmith (66)

Using Publisher 2003.
0
dhsmith (66)
4/26/2005 4:03:50 PM
You may send the file to me. If I can open it I'll save it for you. If it
crashes my system, you may be SOL. (Surely out of luck.)

If you want to accept my offer, send it to jl dot paules at gmail at com.
--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Don Smith" <dhsmith@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>I worked for three hours then Publsher crashed.  I had saved my file,
> but  when I trie to open it it says problem with file, do you want to
> report it, and then reboots Publisher.  How can I save my work?

0
jl_amerson (3088)
4/26/2005 4:31:07 PM
Don Smith <dhsmith@bellsouth.net> was very recently heard to utter:
> I worked for three hours then Publsher crashed.  I had saved my file,
> but  when I trie to open it it says problem with file, do you want to
> report it, and then reboots Publisher.  How can I save my work?

Start > Run
Type "%temp%" without the quotes
Click OK

Look for files named pub*.tmp (* is a wildcard).

Copy them to your desktop, rename them to .pub files, and try opening them
in Publisher.

Fingers crossed one of them will be an earlier version of your file.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
4/26/2005 8:02:00 PM
The lesson I learned with Publisher, and any graphic software, is to
not just save to the file, but to do a pdf print and then I will
always have the test.  I with MS would get back with me since I sent
the problem up to them.  Something made the file corrupt and I'd like
to know what.  Also, do you know how I can find training for Publisher
in the Georgia, Atlanta, area?

Thanks,

Don Smith
0
dhsmith (66)

Convert cvs file to excel file
the CVS file has 1000 records seprated by a comma when I try to open with excel it only take 256 records and places them in a single row I need to have all 1000 records placed in a single column is there a way to convert this file? Open it in Notepad/Wordpad etc and I'm assuming from your text that you will see something like the following:- 17,12,20,19,5,14,20,5,11,3 Do an Edit / Replace and replace , with ; (Replace comma with semi-colon) so that you now have 17;12;20;19;5;14;20;5;11;3 Copy the string and paste into a cell in Excel (Assume cell A1) Now put ={ at the front and ...

file share access to w2k8 host needed from image
hi, i am currently using vs 2005 r2 sp1 on a windows 2008 host machine (secured by ipsec). i now want to have file share access to my host from any image. when i try to run "net share \\<hostmachine>\c$" i do receive an error as following: "the network path was not found". please note: - either image client can access shares on different computers - i can access my host from any other client in network (no virtual one) using "net share \\<hostmachine>\c$" - stop ipsec on host does not change anything so the problem probably has to do with some f...

Can Money 2003 Deluxe Import directly from Quicken files?
I had Quicken (2002, I think) installed on my old desktop and I added my old hard drive to a new system. However, I'm unable to find the install disk for Quicken, so I'm stuck with all my data in a set of Quicken files. There is a good deal now for Money 2003 Deluxe but it only works for me if it can directly accept or import these Quicken files, not some more generically formatted export file Does anyone know if this will work TIA In microsoft.public.money, jer042000 wrote: >I had Quicken (2002, I think) installed on my old desktop and I added my old hard drive to a new syste...

enter text 2 cells same time 2 different sheets
I want to enter text in cell in sheet 1 and have it appear in a cell on sheet 2 also Select both sheets, using Shift and left-click on the sheet tabs.............then select a cell and type away........the values will appear in the same cells on both sheets Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "jack" <crabber1@ comcast .net> wrote in message news:700AD143-4B2D-4523-8849-79D5FA132392@microsoft.com... > I want to enter text in cell in sheet 1 and have it appear in a cell on sheet 2 also Jack, If it's the same cell (same address) in the two sheets, you can select both sheet...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

Can not receive email #2
Thanks for reply. Actually my mail server is for internal test, so I set up internal DNS server for it. The client is using the DNS server. From the client, I can telnet the mail server for port 25 and 110. Client can send email out but can not receive email. Thanks for help! Lisa >-----Original Message----- >try to force a connection and see if the queue clears. >"Administrator" <administrator@norepliesplease.com> wrote in message >news:OSRqrb5qEHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >> Lisa, >> >> Go to http://AboutMyDNS.com and run their quick...

publisher #74

SP3 xp failed to install catalog files during update
i have a fresh install of xp home with linksys wireless drivers, nvidia drivers, avg free and essential ms updates installed up to service pack 3 and nothing else installed. it downloaded the sp3 and started the install procedure the progress bar makes it to about a 3rd of the way through then gives me a message that it failed to install catalogue files there is no error code that went with the message. has anybody seen this happen yet? is there anything i can do? NOTE: *** IF Internet Explorer 7 or 8 are installed, UNinstall it now before applying SP3. Reinstall it afterwards...

MS Word won't let me keep two documents open simultaneously
All of a sudden, I can no longer have more than one word document open simultaneously. Can anyone tell me how to re-engage this capability? Thank you, thank you, thank you! (in advance) From the Tools menu, click on Options and then go to the View tab and change the setting for the "Windows in Taskbar" item under the "Show" section of the dialog. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Ja...

Copy File to Linux Server
I'm trying to write some vb code (to eventually become VBA code within Excel) that can copy a file from my client pc to my linux server and rename it (or, if not possible, to leave the name the same). After much searching on the net, this is what I've come up with so far. Option Explicit Private Declare Function InternetCloseHandle Lib "wininet" (ByRef hInet As Long) As Long Private Declare Function InternetConnect Lib "wininet.dll" Alias "InternetConnectA" (ByVal hInternetSession As Long, ByVal sServerName As String, ByVal nServerPor...

utility to browse read-only PST files?
Everyone, Since Outlook refuses to browse through read-only PST files (yes, I know this is by design, and I still find it stupid that for read-only files it does not revert to basic functionality of just browsing through the mails, without the need to update any meta-data such as sort order etc.), does anybody know of any 3rd party utility that can do this job? greetings, Tom I don't think any util will open them since I think the lower level APIs demand they be read-write. <tomtorfs@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1134989524.109196.243610@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >...

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Sending Publisher Files

File Not Found dialogue
Excel 2000 Do you know why the annoying "File Not Found" dialog box shows up? This happens when I move a few of the work sheets out of my main spreadsheet, which contains about 25 worksheets. In other words, I create a smaller file by exporting just 3 worksheets that are part of a large file that contains about 25 worksheets. If I click the "X" (File Close) button several times, the annoying dialog boxes finally go away, only to re-appear the next time I open the small file. The worksheets that I want to use to create the small file were originally prod...

Cannot download .zip files
I have discoverd that Microsoft Outlook 2000 & 2003, will not allow me to download .zip files. The entire email is also not returned to sender and seems to be held in queue somewhere. I can find no helpful information through WinZip. Is there anyone out there who has experienced the same, or similar, problem? Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance. R.L. McGahan Ten Forward Communications 360-457-9023 Outlook, all versions, download .zip files just fine. I suspect that you have a third party program such as McAfee installed that is iintercepting the mail and not allowing ...

Excel and opening files
I don't know whether anyone can help. Is there a way of customising the quick launch tool bar on the left hand side of the box when you go "File" , "open" Thanks Yes, but it may require a manual registry edit. Go to the www.microsoft.com and search for userdefinedplaces. You can narrow it down further by adding the office version (eg 2000, 2003) -- Ian -- "Jon Scales" <JonScales@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E290EF7C-5A2A-4297-A874-8929640948E5@microsoft.com... >I don't know whether anyone can help. Is there a way of cu...

problem in use money files after change of hard disc
I have using money since 1990 with constant updates, my latest update was in 2005. Recently my hard disc crashed and I have to change for a new hard disc, after install money, I was unable to open my money files which run satisfactorily before the crash. When I try to run openthe file it always says "the file is created by an older version of money, money will save a copy of the file and upgrade you file for use by the program". Then after a while a message apear saying that "money is unable to acess your file .....". Can any one help me. I have run the same file...

Sharing PST files
My partner and I each have different profiles (Windows XP) on our home computer, but have a shared email account. When I first set up the email account in Outlook 2002, I was logged into the computer as myself and just clicked on all of the default settings to establish the email account. However, I've discovered that she can't access the email account when logged into the computer as herself Is there some way to save all of the Outlook files associated with the email account to a shared folder and to instruct Outlook to look for that account information in the new location? &qu...

MFC-Storing View as Bitmap File
Hello All, I am Developing a MFC SDI application,where I want to store the CHtmlView Contents as Bitmap Image file.I have made CHtmlView as a Child of CView.I want to create this bitmap file when an button on the popup dialog is clicked.I want entire content of CHtmlView even though the poppup dialog is above the CHtmlView. Please tell me how to Implement this..I need it urgently.. Any sample code will be of great help. Thanks in Advance, pra Create a metafile DC and have it draw to that. You can probably just play the metafile back to a bitmap. By using a metafile as the intermediary,...

Publisher 2000 #23

password? #2
I set a password in Data File Management > Data Files > Settings, but Outlook is still opening without requesting the password. Must be missing something? -- Those who flee temptation generally leave a forwarding address. ....Lane Olinghouse Is outlook completely exiting when you shut it down? Check in task = manager. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Steve asked: | I set a password in Data File Management > Data Files > Settings, but | Outlook is still opening without requesti...

File Converision, (a lot of them)!
I want to find and convert all excel 2000 files to excel 95-97 and 2000 that are on my pc so they can be read with excel 95. I have about 400 files to convert! Is there a program that will convert all of my files or do I have to do them one at a time? Try FILE>SAVE AS and then open the file type box and choose "Excel 5.0/95 Workbook". -- RMC,CPA "Rick" <rstandiford@comcast.net> wrote in message news:029201c35ecf$f4b80e10$a101280a@phx.gbl... I want to find and convert all excel 2000 files to excel 95-97 and 2000 that are on my pc so they can be read with ex...