publisher file type

Publisher 2007 files open as WORD files.  Files saved in Publisher save as
WORD files even though Publisher is selected in Save As

Well only for you.
But before we try and guess what you are doing wrong maybe you could
supply a little more information about the version you are using and
what you are really doing because it seems to be a problem unique to
you.

John G.

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 18:54:01 -0800, RandyP
<RandyP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Publisher 2007 files open as WORD files.  Files saved in Publisher save as
>WORD files even though Publisher is selected in Save As
0
John
1/27/2010 8:53:15 AM
Your file associations got scrambled.

How to change file associations in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid07859http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307859

How to Set or Change File Associations in Windows 7 or Vista
http://www.winvistaclub.com/t19.html

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"RandyP" <RandyP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Publisher 2007 files open as WORD files.  Files saved in Publisher save as
> WORD files even though Publisher is selected in Save As

0
JoAnn

Convert cvs file to excel file
the CVS file has 1000 records seprated by a comma when I try to open with excel it only take 256 records and places them in a single row I need to have all 1000 records placed in a single column is there a way to convert this file? Open it in Notepad/Wordpad etc and I'm assuming from your text that you will see something like the following:- 17,12,20,19,5,14,20,5,11,3 Do an Edit / Replace and replace , with ; (Replace comma with semi-colon) so that you now have 17;12;20;19;5;14;20;5;11;3 Copy the string and paste into a cell in Excel (Assume cell A1) Now put ={ at the front and ...

file share access to w2k8 host needed from image
hi, i am currently using vs 2005 r2 sp1 on a windows 2008 host machine (secured by ipsec). i now want to have file share access to my host from any image. when i try to run "net share \\<hostmachine>\c$" i do receive an error as following: "the network path was not found". please note: - either image client can access shares on different computers - i can access my host from any other client in network (no virtual one) using "net share \\<hostmachine>\c$" - stop ipsec on host does not change anything so the problem probably has to do with some f...

Can Money 2003 Deluxe Import directly from Quicken files?
I had Quicken (2002, I think) installed on my old desktop and I added my old hard drive to a new system. However, I'm unable to find the install disk for Quicken, so I'm stuck with all my data in a set of Quicken files. There is a good deal now for Money 2003 Deluxe but it only works for me if it can directly accept or import these Quicken files, not some more generically formatted export file Does anyone know if this will work TIA In microsoft.public.money, jer042000 wrote: >I had Quicken (2002, I think) installed on my old desktop and I added my old hard drive to a new syste...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

publisher #74

SP3 xp failed to install catalog files during update
i have a fresh install of xp home with linksys wireless drivers, nvidia drivers, avg free and essential ms updates installed up to service pack 3 and nothing else installed. it downloaded the sp3 and started the install procedure the progress bar makes it to about a 3rd of the way through then gives me a message that it failed to install catalogue files there is no error code that went with the message. has anybody seen this happen yet? is there anything i can do? NOTE: *** IF Internet Explorer 7 or 8 are installed, UNinstall it now before applying SP3. Reinstall it afterwards...

Copy File to Linux Server
I'm trying to write some vb code (to eventually become VBA code within Excel) that can copy a file from my client pc to my linux server and rename it (or, if not possible, to leave the name the same). After much searching on the net, this is what I've come up with so far. Option Explicit Private Declare Function InternetCloseHandle Lib "wininet" (ByRef hInet As Long) As Long Private Declare Function InternetConnect Lib "wininet.dll" Alias "InternetConnectA" (ByVal hInternetSession As Long, ByVal sServerName As String, ByVal nServerPor...

utility to browse read-only PST files?
Everyone, Since Outlook refuses to browse through read-only PST files (yes, I know this is by design, and I still find it stupid that for read-only files it does not revert to basic functionality of just browsing through the mails, without the need to update any meta-data such as sort order etc.), does anybody know of any 3rd party utility that can do this job? greetings, Tom I don't think any util will open them since I think the lower level APIs demand they be read-write. <tomtorfs@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1134989524.109196.243610@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >...

Outlook 2003 does not "remember' previous email addresses when you type in their first name
Gurus, Using Outlook 2003. I thought Outlook 2003 "remembered" previous email addresses you typed? With people I've emailed before, I'll type their first name and Outlook pops up their address. However, my supervisor also running Outlook 2003 has to manually bring up the address book or type the last name for which Outlook will pop up the correct suggestion(s). He has enabled the following: Tools - Options - Email Options - Advanced Email Options - Suggest names while completing To, Cc, and Bcc fields My supervisor tested this. When he unchecks that box, the automa...

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Sending Publisher Files

I cant type in the body of the text
I have hit something and when I try to type in the body of my email message I have this ~ when I hit enter. I am not allowed to then type a message..... Actually it is when I am hitting the tab going from the subject line to the body of the text. It has to be something simple becuase it happened very quickly. You haven't said whether it is a laptop or desktop system If it is a laptop then your Fn key must be stuck However, I suggest reboot your system and everything should be reset to default if your keyboard keys are stuck due to pressing something. hth Leslie ...

File Not Found dialogue
Excel 2000 Do you know why the annoying "File Not Found" dialog box shows up? This happens when I move a few of the work sheets out of my main spreadsheet, which contains about 25 worksheets. In other words, I create a smaller file by exporting just 3 worksheets that are part of a large file that contains about 25 worksheets. If I click the "X" (File Close) button several times, the annoying dialog boxes finally go away, only to re-appear the next time I open the small file. The worksheets that I want to use to create the small file were originally prod...

Cannot download .zip files
I have discoverd that Microsoft Outlook 2000 & 2003, will not allow me to download .zip files. The entire email is also not returned to sender and seems to be held in queue somewhere. I can find no helpful information through WinZip. Is there anyone out there who has experienced the same, or similar, problem? Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance. R.L. McGahan Ten Forward Communications 360-457-9023 Outlook, all versions, download .zip files just fine. I suspect that you have a third party program such as McAfee installed that is iintercepting the mail and not allowing ...

Need two different data types to give me a total
I'm not an Excel expert, but I'm pretty sure there's a formula for what I need to obtain a total. I need to determine what my total (count?) would be if d2:d30="x" and g2:g30=not blank. Can anyone help me determine the formula to get this total? Thanks in advance. -- twc Hi, Try this =sumproduct(($D$2:$D$30="x")*($G$2:$G$30<>"")) -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP www.ashishmathur.com "silk723" <silk723@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0892B416-1765-4757-BBBD-FF2...

Excel and opening files
I don't know whether anyone can help. Is there a way of customising the quick launch tool bar on the left hand side of the box when you go "File" , "open" Thanks Yes, but it may require a manual registry edit. Go to the www.microsoft.com and search for userdefinedplaces. You can narrow it down further by adding the office version (eg 2000, 2003) -- Ian -- "Jon Scales" <JonScales@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E290EF7C-5A2A-4297-A874-8929640948E5@microsoft.com... >I don't know whether anyone can help. Is there a way of cu...

problem in use money files after change of hard disc
I have using money since 1990 with constant updates, my latest update was in 2005. Recently my hard disc crashed and I have to change for a new hard disc, after install money, I was unable to open my money files which run satisfactorily before the crash. When I try to run openthe file it always says "the file is created by an older version of money, money will save a copy of the file and upgrade you file for use by the program". Then after a while a message apear saying that "money is unable to acess your file .....". Can any one help me. I have run the same file...

Sharing PST files
My partner and I each have different profiles (Windows XP) on our home computer, but have a shared email account. When I first set up the email account in Outlook 2002, I was logged into the computer as myself and just clicked on all of the default settings to establish the email account. However, I've discovered that she can't access the email account when logged into the computer as herself Is there some way to save all of the Outlook files associated with the email account to a shared folder and to instruct Outlook to look for that account information in the new location? &qu...

MFC-Storing View as Bitmap File
Hello All, I am Developing a MFC SDI application,where I want to store the CHtmlView Contents as Bitmap Image file.I have made CHtmlView as a Child of CView.I want to create this bitmap file when an button on the popup dialog is clicked.I want entire content of CHtmlView even though the poppup dialog is above the CHtmlView. Please tell me how to Implement this..I need it urgently.. Any sample code will be of great help. Thanks in Advance, pra Create a metafile DC and have it draw to that. You can probably just play the metafile back to a bitmap. By using a metafile as the intermediary,...

Publisher 2000 #23

File Converision, (a lot of them)!
I want to find and convert all excel 2000 files to excel 95-97 and 2000 that are on my pc so they can be read with excel 95. I have about 400 files to convert! Is there a program that will convert all of my files or do I have to do them one at a time? Try FILE>SAVE AS and then open the file type box and choose "Excel 5.0/95 Workbook". -- RMC,CPA "Rick" <rstandiford@comcast.net> wrote in message news:029201c35ecf$f4b80e10$a101280a@phx.gbl... I want to find and convert all excel 2000 files to excel 95-97 and 2000 that are on my pc so they can be read with ex...

Import vCard file to Outlook
I have Office 2007/Outlook on Vista. I want to import a vCard file of contacts which has been exported from jPilot on Linux. When I try it only imports the first contact, not the entire file of contacts. Questions: -Can Office 2007/Outlook on Vista import vCard version 3.0 format, or only the earlier version 2.1 format? (I can use either). -Can Office 2007/Outlook on Vista import a file of multiple vCards? Can it import a set of individual vCards in a folder? In any case, how do I get a bunch of vCards into Outlook? gus <gus_zernial@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have Office 2007/Outlook ...