Publisher fails install

While attempting to install MS Publisher 2003 on a XP Pro box with SP2 the
install gets to about 90 % then begins to roll back without installing. Any
ideas on this. I also copied the cd to the C drive but had the same results.
0
f (39)

Do you have an anti-virus program?
How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329820.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Frank F" <Frank F@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> While attempting to install MS Publisher 2003 on a XP Pro box with SP2 the
> install gets to about 90 % then begins to roll back without installing. Any
> ideas on this. I also copied the cd to the C drive but had the same results.

0
gsauer (5094)
12/4/2004 3:03:52 PM

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Do you have an anti-virus program?
> How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329820.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Frank F" <Frank F@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > While attempting to install MS Publisher 2003 on a XP Pro box with SP2 the
> > install gets to about 90 % then begins to roll back without installing. Any
> > ideas on this. I also copied the cd to the C drive but had the same results.
>

> Hi Mary,

The client is running Norton 2003 Corpoate Edition. I will disable the
Office doc protection feature then post back with the results.
0
f (39)

Installation and location of MUD folder and database for multiple user account setup?
Installation and location of MUD folder and database for multiple user account setup? -------------------------------- Please don't scream at me, but I posted this message earlier today in the Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage Upon further reflection, I think that it's more appropriate to be listed and answered within the Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office. So I'm post a copy of it here. Hope that's OK. --------------------------------- Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage From: ...@comcast.net Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 12:20:57 -0700 Local: M...

Missing installation code
Hi I have a Vista Business machine that I bought from Evesham who went bust a couple of years ago. I use this machine solely for running Visual Studio 2008. Recently this sarted to crash on opening. This seemed to be to do with .NET 3.5 SP1 failing to install in a windows update (even though it was installed) The machine won't go back to any restore point due to an "unknown error". I have uninstalled .Net 3.5 SP1 and reinstalled it and it still wants to apply the patch. I unistalled Visual Studion 2008 and it will not install again due to some error or other ...

Installing components for Microsoft Excel XP
I Need Help. I recently demoted my PDC to a standard server and joined another domain. Now when I attempt to access Excel I receive the following: =========================================== "Installing components for Microsoft Excel" Installing: "Microsoft Excel Feature" =========================================== It runs and then goes away but it does this every time I open Excel. How do I get rid of this message. I really don't want to re-install Excel. Things I have done. 1. Copied the old user's profile to the new one. 2. Move the Application Data...

Close Worksheet and Making Worksheet Invisible
Hi, I use this (pardon the variable names...) infile = "C:\Temp\Garb-Tests\Test1\solTrip.xlsx" insheet = "Trip" '--------------------------------------------------------------------- Set o = Workbooks.Open(infile).Worksheets(insheet) .... Reading data from this works. However, this causes the sheet to open, but I don't want that so I do: o.Visible = false When I do this, ths sheet still opens but it opens without any data! Also, when I try to close this workbook using: o.Close (false, false) I get a runtime error 438 - Object does not support...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

publisher #74

SP3 xp failed to install catalog files during update
i have a fresh install of xp home with linksys wireless drivers, nvidia drivers, avg free and essential ms updates installed up to service pack 3 and nothing else installed. it downloaded the sp3 and started the install procedure the progress bar makes it to about a 3rd of the way through then gives me a message that it failed to install catalogue files there is no error code that went with the message. has anybody seen this happen yet? is there anything i can do? NOTE: *** IF Internet Explorer 7 or 8 are installed, UNinstall it now before applying SP3. Reinstall it afterwards...

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Sending Publisher Files

Publisher 2000 #23

Publisher 2003

upgrade publisher

Problems Installing Mac Office 2008 Home/Student Over Mac Office 2008 Trial
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Tried to install Mac Office 2008 Home/Student over an expired Mac Office 2008 Trial and ran into problems, when the application downloaded and tried to install Office 2008 12.2.0. MS Mac Support indicated that I needed to reinstall Snow Leopard. Thought that this was a bizarre solution. Has anyone else ran into this problem? Does anyone have a workaround that they can recommend? Appreciate any and all prompt responses. Many Thanks. ...

Microsoft Publisher ?

Why is publisher newsletter not page wide when sent
When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it it is about 4" wide. I want it to be page wide when it is sent to a client. What do I need to do? What do you call "page wide"? If you had started with the email template, you would not have width issues. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Donna McDermed" <DonnaMcDermed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5974DDA0-2E2D-4495-A5EB-FBF8F543482B@microsoft.com... > When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it > it > is abo...

Publisher for MAC
I would like to be able to use some of the publisher features on my MACBOOK PRO, but have been unable to locate the software, I waited for Office 2008 for Mac and it wasn't there :( when are you going to have it available for we mac afficianado's? -- If you try it you can be sure if you don''t like it, if you don''t try it your assuming. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see t...

Help Publishing Custom Form
I have published a custom task form to my Organizational Forms Library following the instructions here: http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=34. It works great, and now I have 2 quick questions regarding selecting the published forms: 1. Can I make the forms available by selecting the NEW menu, so I don't have to choose the form, and then browse to find it? I would like be able to select New and have it show my custom form there AND the default task form for that folder. 2. If not, I think I am supposed to be able to highlight the task folder, then select the ACTION menu and see ...

Problems While Installing Java Successfull Revisted by Author
Hello: Thanks to all who answered my post. You were right I did not have Java (TM) 6 update 18 installed in control panal on my computer. But now I do. One last question to bookmark this post. When I made the intial download from Java.com I spoke of the program that I installed and is situated on to desktop. This program can not be found in add and remove nor is in revo uninstaller. Honestly being new to this tech support thing I have not tried to open up this icon and clicking on it. How can I go back and download the program from the site Java.com? Than...

convert Publisher document to Word
I created name tags in Publisher and want to convert them to a Word document so I and type a different name on each tag. I did it once and can't remember how - have tried saving the Publisher file as a Word file, but it only saves the text, not the formatting. Help! Hi Paula (pkrantz@thediscoveryalliance.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I created name tags in Publisher and want to convert them || to a Word document so I and type a different name on each || tag. I did it once and can't remember how - have tried || saving the Publisher file as a Word file, but it...

How do I get upgarde for publisher 98 to 2000 ?
I have set up the publisher 98 but I have installed in office 2000 on my pc. My system is run win xp so now microsoft update office 2000 SR-1 ...so what shall I do then . aknz2004 wrote: >I have set up the publisher 98 but I have installed in > office 2000 on my pc. My system is run win xp so now > microsoft update office 2000 SR-1 ...so what shall I do > then . ======================================= If you want Publisher 2000, you'll have to purchase a copy of the program. You cannot upgrade Pub98 to Pub2000...they are two separate programs. -- John Inzer return e-mail...

Publisher 2000 Publish error
Hi, I'm working with someone using Publisher 2000 who has added an FTP site and over a dial up connection tries to publish. He proceeds and then gets an error as transfer seems to be attempted: "Publisher could not save the file to the web. Please check URL or network address." He is saving as a web page and then trying to upload with appropriate credentials. I've asked that anti-virus (McAfee) and win XP firewall be off as well as a web accelerator but the error persists. I've Googled the error and have found scant information. Any help is appreciated. Try the fo...

2003 publisher w/XP and 2007 publisher w/Vista
I have numerous publisher files in XP that I'm emailing to have opened in Vista. Although the file can be opened the text is scrambled. Any ideas? Were the files created with standard fonts? Maybe your recipient doesn't have the font you used on their computer. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "JULIEW" <JULIEW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CE85845-A3C2-4A00-80D7-81E27126C8B5@microsoft.com... >I have numerous publisher files in XP that I'm emailing to have opened in > Vista. Although the file can be opened the text is scrambled. ...