Publisher cannot save file???

I am working on a brochure in Publisher.  I have tried to save and received
the message "Publisher cannot save file".  Any direction or help would be
greatly appreciated.

Carrie
0
Carrie (48)

No other wording?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Carrie" <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am working on a brochure in Publisher.  I have tried to save and received
> the message "Publisher cannot save file".  Any direction or help would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Carrie

0
jl_paules (2767)
5/13/2006 4:32:09 PM
Carrie <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> I am working on a brochure in Publisher.  I have tried to save and
> received the message "Publisher cannot save file".  Any direction or
> help would be greatly appreciated.

How much free disk space do you have?
Are you saving to your hard drive or a removeable/network medium?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org/

0
the_nerd (6344)
5/13/2006 5:11:52 PM
Is your trial period over?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Carrie" <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am working on a brochure in Publisher.  I have tried to save and received
> the message "Publisher cannot save file".  Any direction or help would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Carrie

0
mary-sauer (6480)
5/13/2006 7:14:32 PM
Hi, Carrie -

Do you have any really HUGE graphics inserted in your brochure? I've had
"save" stumble over unusually large graphics files and have had to scale them
down.

M.

"Carrie" wrote:

> I am working on a brochure in Publisher.  I have tried to save and received
> the message "Publisher cannot save file".  Any direction or help would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Carrie
0
Morisot (87)
5/13/2006 10:09:01 PM
Carrie save the file on your deskstop first then copy the new file over to
the old file to replace it.
--
The Chilled1

"Carrie" wrote:

> I am working on a brochure in Publisher.  I have tried to save and received
> the message "Publisher cannot save file".  Any direction or help would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Carrie
0
Victor (177)

file share access to w2k8 host needed from image
hi, i am currently using vs 2005 r2 sp1 on a windows 2008 host machine (secured by ipsec). i now want to have file share access to my host from any image. when i try to run "net share \\<hostmachine>\c$" i do receive an error as following: "the network path was not found". please note: - either image client can access shares on different computers - i can access my host from any other client in network (no virtual one) using "net share \\<hostmachine>\c$" - stop ipsec on host does not change anything so the problem probably has to do with some f...

Convert cvs file to excel file
the CVS file has 1000 records seprated by a comma when I try to open with excel it only take 256 records and places them in a single row I need to have all 1000 records placed in a single column is there a way to convert this file? Open it in Notepad/Wordpad etc and I'm assuming from your text that you will see something like the following:- 17,12,20,19,5,14,20,5,11,3 Do an Edit / Replace and replace , with ; (Replace comma with semi-colon) so that you now have 17;12;20;19;5;14;20;5;11;3 Copy the string and paste into a cell in Excel (Assume cell A1) Now put ={ at the front and ...

Print or save custom form without sender's information
Recently I created my first form in Outlook to be used for our company's “Suggestion Box” Public Folder. It’s a custom form which was modified from a Post form. The idea was that our employees would be more likely to provide feedback if it were as simple as sending an e-mail, rather than having to take the time to leave their desks and fill out a hard copy form to drop into an actual suggestion box. In an effort to keep the information anonymous, I was able to remove the “From” field in the form and create a custom view in the Public Folder so that no one in the office could see ...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

publisher #74

SP3 xp failed to install catalog files during update
i have a fresh install of xp home with linksys wireless drivers, nvidia drivers, avg free and essential ms updates installed up to service pack 3 and nothing else installed. it downloaded the sp3 and started the install procedure the progress bar makes it to about a 3rd of the way through then gives me a message that it failed to install catalogue files there is no error code that went with the message. has anybody seen this happen yet? is there anything i can do? NOTE: *** IF Internet Explorer 7 or 8 are installed, UNinstall it now before applying SP3. Reinstall it afterwards...

utility to browse read-only PST files?
Everyone, Since Outlook refuses to browse through read-only PST files (yes, I know this is by design, and I still find it stupid that for read-only files it does not revert to basic functionality of just browsing through the mails, without the need to update any meta-data such as sort order etc.), does anybody know of any 3rd party utility that can do this job? greetings, Tom I don't think any util will open them since I think the lower level APIs demand they be read-write. <tomtorfs@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1134989524.109196.243610@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >...

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

File Not Found dialogue
Excel 2000 Do you know why the annoying "File Not Found" dialog box shows up? This happens when I move a few of the work sheets out of my main spreadsheet, which contains about 25 worksheets. In other words, I create a smaller file by exporting just 3 worksheets that are part of a large file that contains about 25 worksheets. If I click the "X" (File Close) button several times, the annoying dialog boxes finally go away, only to re-appear the next time I open the small file. The worksheets that I want to use to create the small file were originally prod...

Sending Publisher Files

problem in use money files after change of hard disc
I have using money since 1990 with constant updates, my latest update was in 2005. Recently my hard disc crashed and I have to change for a new hard disc, after install money, I was unable to open my money files which run satisfactorily before the crash. When I try to run openthe file it always says "the file is created by an older version of money, money will save a copy of the file and upgrade you file for use by the program". Then after a while a message apear saying that "money is unable to acess your file .....". Can any one help me. I have run the same file...

Sharing PST files
My partner and I each have different profiles (Windows XP) on our home computer, but have a shared email account. When I first set up the email account in Outlook 2002, I was logged into the computer as myself and just clicked on all of the default settings to establish the email account. However, I've discovered that she can't access the email account when logged into the computer as herself Is there some way to save all of the Outlook files associated with the email account to a shared folder and to instruct Outlook to look for that account information in the new location? &qu...

MFC-Storing View as Bitmap File
Hello All, I am Developing a MFC SDI application,where I want to store the CHtmlView Contents as Bitmap Image file.I have made CHtmlView as a Child of CView.I want to create this bitmap file when an button on the popup dialog is clicked.I want entire content of CHtmlView even though the poppup dialog is above the CHtmlView. Please tell me how to Implement this..I need it urgently.. Any sample code will be of great help. Thanks in Advance, pra Create a metafile DC and have it draw to that. You can probably just play the metafile back to a bitmap. By using a metafile as the intermediary,...

Publisher 2000 #23

Where do a I find a savings calculator?
Where can I find a savings calculator for an Excel spreadsheet? Read a book like Excel for Dummies to see examples of what can be done best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "FluffyCat" <FluffyCat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:073D0AE0-5B6A-4CB1-A6D8-1D2247F76D99@microsoft.com... > Where can I find a savings calculator for an Excel spreadsheet? ...

Publisher 2003

upgrade publisher

saving excel file with it's add in
Hi, I have an Excel file that uses a formula from an add in installed in m computer (*.xla). How can I save the project including the add in in order to use it i another computer that doesn't have the add in. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Do you really mean that your workbook uses a function that's in the addin? If yes, I think you have two choices. #1. Take the addin with you (and install it on the other pc). #2. Extract the code/procedure for that function from the addin and put it in your workbook. (If the addin's project is protected, then thi...

Help! cleaning out inbox and saved emails
I have created in the past two years files in my inbox but want to delete them as they are taking up too much space. How do I transfer these email from my inbox file to a file(s) in Microsoft word. The only way I have found to date is to (Save AS) save each one individually to a word file but this is way too time consumming. Help please. Thanks so much BB Do they have to be in Word? You can create a folder on the Desktop and just drag the messages into it. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "BB" <BB@discussions.micr...

Microsoft Publisher ?

Why is publisher newsletter not page wide when sent
When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it it is about 4" wide. I want it to be page wide when it is sent to a client. What do I need to do? What do you call "page wide"? If you had started with the email template, you would not have width issues. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Donna McDermed" <DonnaMcDermed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5974DDA0-2E2D-4495-A5EB-FBF8F543482B@microsoft.com... > When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it > it > is abo...

Docx Saves as Outlook Attachment
Need some help if you know how to fix this. I somehow changed how Word opens docx files and now they open as outlook attachments. I have already tried making word the default program but that doesn't seem to work. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the code because I can't find anything in Outlook or Word to change how docx files open as Outlook attachments. If anyone knows or has this similar problem and knows how to fix it please let me know... :) "Joe K - Word Docx Help" <JoeKWordDocxHelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E...