Publisher cannot print mail merge with ths number of pages

I have created post cards and a mail merge for 118 addresses.  Publisher
gives me an error message that Publisher cannot print mail merge with this
many pages, delete some pages.  I've tried selecting fewer addresses at a
time and conitnue to get the error message.  Of course these things should
have gone out in the mail yesterday...c an anyone help me???
thanks

I've been unable to figure out a way to turn the clock back myself so if you
get a response on how to do that, please post it here.   ;-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"sweetsigns" <sweetsigns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have created post cards and a mail merge for 118 addresses.  Publisher
> gives me an error message that Publisher cannot print mail merge with this
> many pages, delete some pages.  I've tried selecting fewer addresses at a
> time and conitnue to get the error message.  Of course these things should
> have gone out in the mail yesterday...c an anyone help me???
> thanks

---

jl_amerson (3088)
10/19/2004 1:37:45 AM
Press F1 and read.

"sweetsigns" <sweetsigns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have created post cards and a mail merge for 118 addresses.  Publisher
> gives me an error message that Publisher cannot print mail merge with this
> many pages, delete some pages.  I've tried selecting fewer addresses at a
> time and conitnue to get the error message.  Of course these things should
> have gone out in the mail yesterday...c an anyone help me???
> thanks

This from Ed Bennett:

Most versions of Publisher I've come across print merges in batches of 10
records.

There is a way you can set the number of records per batch using the
Registry (fix courtesy of KATMA)

Attached is a registry file which sets the batch size for Publisher 2002 to
1, so each record will have its own print job, which should allow the
stapler to staple correctly.

(The .reg file will work on Windows XP, but might not work on 98.  If it
doesn't, use the instructions below)

Open registry using regedit.exe

Go to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0 \Publisher\Printing

Create new "string value" called:
NumberOfRecordsPerBatch

Double click and set a value for your batch size (0, or 99999, in this
case).

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"GSBatchelor" <gsbatchelor@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Press F1 and read.
>
> "sweetsigns" <sweetsigns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I have created post cards and a mail merge for 118 addresses.  Publisher
>> gives me an error message that Publisher cannot print mail merge with this
>> many pages, delete some pages.  I've tried selecting fewer addresses at a
>> time and conitnue to get the error message.  Of course these things should
>> have gone out in the mail yesterday...c an anyone help me???
>> thanks

begin 666 Registry Fix 2002 1 Page Per Batch.reg
M__Y7`&D`;@!D`&\`=P!S`" `4@!E`&<`:0!S`'0`<@!Y`" `10!D`&D`= !O
M`'(`( !6`&4`<@!S`&D`;P!N`" `-0`N`# `, `-``H`#0`*`%L`2 !+`$4`
M60!?`$,`50!2`%(`10!.`%0`7P!5`%,`10!2`%P`4P!O`&8`= !W`&$`<@!E
M`%P`30!I`&,`<@!O`',`;P!F`'0`7 !/`&8`9@!I`&,`90!<`#$`, `N`# `
M7 !0`'4`8@!L`&D`<P!H`&4`<@!<`% `<@!I`&X`= !I`&X`9P!=``T`"@`B
M`$X`=0!M`&(`90!R`$\`9@!2`&4`8P!O`'(`9 !S`% `90!R`$(`80!T`&,`
4: `B`#T`(@`Q`"(`#0`*``T`"@``
`
end

0
gsauer (5094)

Combine or Merge Issue
Greetings: First, I have machines with both Office 2000 and 2003, so I have both available if that matters. Now, the issue: Our company accountant generates a sheet every two weeks with 401(k) figures...what the employee contributed, what the employer contributed, etc. Each sheet is exactly the same as far as what data goes where, but the amounts sometimes change from pay period to pay period. So, at the end of the year, she has 26 sheets. Is there a way to create a 27th sheet and combine all the data from the first 26? For example, if in A3 we have a dollar amount that represents what E...

updated junk mail filters for ms outlook
Is there an improved junk mail filter and if so where can i go to download ...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

outlook express as default mail handler
My office uses Outlook Express for email. I could switch to Outlook. Here's the problem: I can't get Outlook Express to become the default so my PDA will pick up the email. Tried Tools, Options, etc. Click on default and then click ok and then it goes right back to not being the default. I don't understand why. I'd rather keep using Outlook Express. If I give up on OE and try for Outlook and try importing the mail info/addresses from OE, I get an error message which says it's creating an Outlook.exe error log and drops out of the import. I can't find the log....

Populating an e-mail address in a VBA Function
I have the following code in a button on a worksheet Before the lin that says Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSendMail).Show I wanted to put a default email address which can be hard coded and i known ie .to = "doctorv@anyhting.com" How can I put the To Address in this statement so that when they clic the button the address automatically appears in the To section of th email? Thanks Code ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=False, Contents:=False Scenarios:=False If Sheets("Level 2 Support Team Member").Range("b34").Value #1/1/2001# Then Sheets("Level 2 Suppo...

File and Print Sharing on Exchange 2003
Would there be any reason why I would need File and Print Sharing enabled on my Exchange 2003 cluster? I would like to minimize as much network services as possible and I can not think of any applicable use for FPS. I know mail slots use SMB but I do not believe Exchange 2003 uses mail slots??? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks, Brian Message tracking logs use a share so if you do remote admin you would lose this. There are two other shares in addition. I do not believe any are critical but be aware of what you will no longer have available. Nue "HoosierDaddy" <bjorgenson@...

publisher #74

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Sending Publisher Files

generate unique random numbers
I have a list of 600 names. I would like to generate a random number between 1 and 600 for each person but not have any repeating numbers. So far I have used =rand()*600 This give me the correct number range but many of the numbers repeat. Can I accomplish what I want to do? One way .. Suppose serial nos (1,2,3 ... 600) and names are in cols A and B, from row1 to 600 Put in C1: =INDEX($A$1:$A$600,RANK(D1,$D$1:$D$600)) Put in D1: =RAND() Select C1:D1, fill down C1 returns the random shuffle of the serial nos that's required Press F9 key to regenerate -- Max Singapore http://sav...

Publisher 2000 #23

Error number: 0x80090008 02-08-10
I've been working with Microsoft for over a month without resolution and it has now come down to reinstalling my operating system which I really would like to avoid. I noticed in December that I was not getting any update notifications so after about 2 weeks I went to the website for updates and when I click express I now get Error number: 0x80090008. This even comes up when I try to update windows defender software. I can't believe that there is no reference to what this error number refers to. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. Windows version would be...? W...

Publisher 2003

Created 3-panel brochure; how to edit back 3 pages?
Hi, I created a 3-page brochure and edited the content of the three pages. When I printed it, I got two physical sheets: the front three pages and the back three pages. I need to edit the content of the back three pages. How do bring them up for editing? BTW, when I find a duplex printer to produce the fully edited brochure, I'll be in Publisher Heaven :-) Thanks in advance, Richard Hi, again, Never mind; I found it. I opened a practice session and, happily, it started with a brochure. That example pointed out that it started with two pages. That made me take notice of the littl...

OL2007 : Printing problem with multiple mail printing
Hi, i update my OL 2003 to 2007 and now when i try to print some (HTML) email in one time, i've some ok, and some are illegible, font size are decrease to maybe 3pt or 2pt. If y try to print theses mails one by one it's ok. Any solutions ? Thanks in advance ! ...

Customize Investment Summary on 'My Money' Home Page?
Okay, so I've got a lot of stocks, mutual funds, etc., that I don't own anymore. Can anyone shed any light on how I would clear that clutter out of the Investment Summary on 'My Money' home page? Denise ...

How do you check your office e-mail when out of the office?
How do I check my e-mail when out of the office? more detail on your setup would be required to answer that. "Office e-mail question" <Office e-mail question@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33B202BC-03CF-4CBF-93DC-A27639BA06A9@microsoft.com... > How do I check my e-mail when out of the office? If your office uses an Exchange server, then ask the mail admin if they have enabled Outlook Web Access, which allows you to view the contents of your Exchange mailbox via a web browser. He or she may also be able to set you up with a VPN, if your company uses...

upgrade publisher

Endlessly sending mail
Hi! I have outlook 2003 set up to use an exchange server and an SMTP account. I messed up the setup and put a bad address in the SMTP account setup, and the SMTP server is rejecting my message. However, Outlook KEEPS sending the message OVER and OVER. The thing is, the message isn't in the Outbox! I looked for it there, thinking that I could delete it and make Outlook stop attempting to send it. But it's not there. How can I get rid of this message that will never send through the SMTP server? Any help is greatly appreciated! Lerch ...

Counting the number of entries in a column
Hi! I have area numbers in column A and the number of produkts ordered in column B I want to count the number of entries in a particular area bearing in mind I just want to see the number of entries rather than sum them up like SUMIF. Is there a convenient formula which would allow me to do this? Thanks for any help Hi, I assume your product is in column B and the product name is XX =countif(B1:B100,"XX") Change range and product name to fit your needs you can have as well the product you want to count entered in a cell let's say C1 in that case you can...

concatenate a large number of cells
instead of listing all the cells in a column that i want to concatenat into one cell. (A1&A2&A3&A4&A5&A6 ETC. I HAVE TO LIST MAYBE A HUNDRED CELLS in a column. how can i list A1 to A100??? maybe this isn't clear but--thank -- ROL ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ROLG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1606 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27541 Rolg, here is a function by JE McGimpsey that should do it, if you need any more help on how to use it ju...

Trouble formatting Mail merge Number field for european format
I have to mail merge a letter using XLS as datasource that has some currency fields and the output of the currency fields should be formatted to european format (eg: 1.234.567,99) Please note that decimal separator is comma and group seperator a dot. If could not find a suitable switch. Can someone please point me to right place? O/S: Windows XP MS Office 2003 The European format would be; 1,234,567.99 and not the decimal seperator being a comma "SRV" <SRV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91B4D91E-294F-4F6B-A131-743D3171A7E2@microsoft.co...