publisher cannot open the file #7

We saved a file in Publisher on the network. It's a template we've used for
several months. When we tried to open the file again, Publisher detected a
problem with the file and stated that if the file could be trusted select OK.
 Then it could not open the file.  Tried the .TMP file, differnet machines,
copying, and renaming - no luck.

The file is there, but cannot open.  Is there a recvovery tool available?
0
ljd (3)

Publisher doesn't play well with networks. You could try moving the file to
a local drive. No guarantees but it's worth trying.
--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"ljd" <ljd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We saved a file in Publisher on the network. It's a template we've used
> for
> several months. When we tried to open the file again, Publisher detected a
> problem with the file and stated that if the file could be trusted select
> OK.
> Then it could not open the file.  Tried the .TMP file, differnet machines,
> copying, and renaming - no luck.
>
> The file is there, but cannot open.  Is there a recvovery tool available?

0
jl_paules (2767)
12/1/2008 11:47:30 PM
Tried that already. It didn't work. Why should the Network affect an Office
PRoduct? Isn't that one of the benefits of Office - for users to share
documents accross networks?

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> Publisher doesn't play well with networks. You could try moving the file to
> a local drive. No guarantees but it's worth trying.
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>

> "ljd" <ljd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We saved a file in Publisher on the network. It's a template we've used
> > for
> > several months. When we tried to open the file again, Publisher detected a
> > problem with the file and stated that if the file could be trusted select
> > OK.
> > Then it could not open the file.  Tried the .TMP file, differnet machines,
> > copying, and renaming - no luck.
> >
> > The file is there, but cannot open.  Is there a recvovery tool available?

0
ljd (3)
12/2/2008 3:54:04 AM
How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198256

I will try opening the file here if you want to send it along.
mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com
--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

> Tried that already. It didn't work. Why should the Network affect an Office
> PRoduct? Isn't that one of the benefits of Office - for users to share
> documents accross networks?
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> Publisher doesn't play well with networks. You could try moving the file to
>> a local drive. No guarantees but it's worth trying.
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>

>> "ljd" <ljd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > We saved a file in Publisher on the network. It's a template we've used
>> > for
>> > several months. When we tried to open the file again, Publisher detected a
>> > problem with the file and stated that if the file could be trusted select
>> > OK.
>> > Then it could not open the file.  Tried the .TMP file, differnet machines,
>> > copying, and renaming - no luck.
>> >
>> > The file is there, but cannot open.  Is there a recvovery tool available?

0
mary.sauer (2018)

file share access to w2k8 host needed from image
hi, i am currently using vs 2005 r2 sp1 on a windows 2008 host machine (secured by ipsec). i now want to have file share access to my host from any image. when i try to run "net share \\<hostmachine>\c$" i do receive an error as following: "the network path was not found". please note: - either image client can access shares on different computers - i can access my host from any other client in network (no virtual one) using "net share \\<hostmachine>\c$" - stop ipsec on host does not change anything so the problem probably has to do with some f...

Convert cvs file to excel file
the CVS file has 1000 records seprated by a comma when I try to open with excel it only take 256 records and places them in a single row I need to have all 1000 records placed in a single column is there a way to convert this file? Open it in Notepad/Wordpad etc and I'm assuming from your text that you will see something like the following:- 17,12,20,19,5,14,20,5,11,3 Do an Edit / Replace and replace , with ; (Replace comma with semi-colon) so that you now have 17;12;20;19;5;14;20;5;11;3 Copy the string and paste into a cell in Excel (Assume cell A1) Now put ={ at the front and ...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

SP3 xp failed to install catalog files during update
i have a fresh install of xp home with linksys wireless drivers, nvidia drivers, avg free and essential ms updates installed up to service pack 3 and nothing else installed. it downloaded the sp3 and started the install procedure the progress bar makes it to about a 3rd of the way through then gives me a message that it failed to install catalogue files there is no error code that went with the message. has anybody seen this happen yet? is there anything i can do? NOTE: *** IF Internet Explorer 7 or 8 are installed, UNinstall it now before applying SP3. Reinstall it afterwards...

publisher #74

utility to browse read-only PST files?
Everyone, Since Outlook refuses to browse through read-only PST files (yes, I know this is by design, and I still find it stupid that for read-only files it does not revert to basic functionality of just browsing through the mails, without the need to update any meta-data such as sort order etc.), does anybody know of any 3rd party utility that can do this job? greetings, Tom I don't think any util will open them since I think the lower level APIs demand they be read-write. <tomtorfs@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1134989524.109196.243610@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >...

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

File Not Found dialogue
Excel 2000 Do you know why the annoying "File Not Found" dialog box shows up? This happens when I move a few of the work sheets out of my main spreadsheet, which contains about 25 worksheets. In other words, I create a smaller file by exporting just 3 worksheets that are part of a large file that contains about 25 worksheets. If I click the "X" (File Close) button several times, the annoying dialog boxes finally go away, only to re-appear the next time I open the small file. The worksheets that I want to use to create the small file were originally prod...

Sending Publisher Files

Excel and opening files
I don't know whether anyone can help. Is there a way of customising the quick launch tool bar on the left hand side of the box when you go "File" , "open" Thanks Yes, but it may require a manual registry edit. Go to the www.microsoft.com and search for userdefinedplaces. You can narrow it down further by adding the office version (eg 2000, 2003) -- Ian -- "Jon Scales" <JonScales@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E290EF7C-5A2A-4297-A874-8929640948E5@microsoft.com... >I don't know whether anyone can help. Is there a way of cu...

Sharing PST files
My partner and I each have different profiles (Windows XP) on our home computer, but have a shared email account. When I first set up the email account in Outlook 2002, I was logged into the computer as myself and just clicked on all of the default settings to establish the email account. However, I've discovered that she can't access the email account when logged into the computer as herself Is there some way to save all of the Outlook files associated with the email account to a shared folder and to instruct Outlook to look for that account information in the new location? &qu...

problem in use money files after change of hard disc
I have using money since 1990 with constant updates, my latest update was in 2005. Recently my hard disc crashed and I have to change for a new hard disc, after install money, I was unable to open my money files which run satisfactorily before the crash. When I try to run openthe file it always says "the file is created by an older version of money, money will save a copy of the file and upgrade you file for use by the program". Then after a while a message apear saying that "money is unable to acess your file .....". Can any one help me. I have run the same file...

MFC-Storing View as Bitmap File
Hello All, I am Developing a MFC SDI application,where I want to store the CHtmlView Contents as Bitmap Image file.I have made CHtmlView as a Child of CView.I want to create this bitmap file when an button on the popup dialog is clicked.I want entire content of CHtmlView even though the poppup dialog is above the CHtmlView. Please tell me how to Implement this..I need it urgently.. Any sample code will be of great help. Thanks in Advance, pra Create a metafile DC and have it draw to that. You can probably just play the metafile back to a bitmap. By using a metafile as the intermediary,...

Publisher 2000 #23

Outlook 2002
This just started today. Outlook opens ok to the Outlook Today view and does a send / receive (I'm on DSL). When I click on a shortcut to any folder, i.e. Inbox, I get a quick view of that folder but then a page displays that says "Search results for "outlook:Inbox" Sorry, your keywords did not match any results. Please try again. On the address line it shows "http://www.jraun.com/search.php? search=outlook:Inbox" Any ideas If you click the folder names in the Folder List instead of the Outlook Bar, do the folders open successfully? -- Jocelyn ...

Creating a sum to include a particular day plus the previous 7 days
I need to create a total on a report that sums hours from one day with the previous 7 days for each day of the month. I will also group this by driver, quarter and month. Thanks in advance for your time and effort. Justin How about providing significant information such as field names, sample records, and desired display? Duane Hookom MS Access MVP "Justin" <warpdrive78@gmail.com> wrote in message news:916f2055-5b5b-453b-90b1-7f8c01408e25@e27g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > I need to create a total on a report that sums hours from one day with > the p...

Same .pst Files Looks Different on other PC
Hello, I have a weird problem. I have a small network at home with 1 desktop and 1 (wireless) laptop. I have installed MS Office XP on both computer including all the servicepacks and updates (both Outlook version numbers 10.4712.4219 SP-2). I share my document folder which is on the desktop, so I can access it through the laptop. When I open the .pst file on my laptop, Outlook handles the full-day appointments differently. It moves them up one hour, i.e. makes the appointments start at 23.00 hours the night before (and then they last till 23.00 hours on the right day). When I double-click th...

Stop a file from automatically opening in Excel 2000
How do you stop a file from automatically opening in Excel 2000? This file does not exist and there is nothing in the XLStart folder. Tools>options>general and uncheck ignore other applications -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Brenda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15e0501c4472a$7284c980$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do you stop a file from automatically opening in Excel > 2000? This file does not exist and there is nothing in > the XLStart folder. If you've ente...

Publisher 2003

Make User Date update on 24/7 Great Plains session.
I'm using Great Plains 8. I have a 24/7 SOP Great Plains process running on the server. The orders imported use the 'User Date" to set the imported order's 'Order Date' value. The User Date does not increment on it's own. Can anyone tell me a way to update the User Date on this un-attended Great Plains session? Thanks! Kevin R How about a GP macro that changes the user date and then add that macro to run using Windows Scheduled Tasks? Never tried it but should work. "Kevin R" wrote: > I'm using Great Plains 8. I have a 24/7 SOP Gr...

upgrade publisher