Publisher cannot find my printer #3

Publisher cannot find my printer, although have installed both a physical
printer and a couple of image printers.

Does anyone have the solution to this problem. The other programs in my
office package does recognize my printers ... all of them.

Regards - Wallentin
0
Wallentin (3)

Did you try updating your printer drivers?

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"Wallentin" <Wallentin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Publisher cannot find my printer, although have installed both a physical
> printer and a couple of image printers.
>
> Does anyone have the solution to this problem. The other programs in my
> office package does recognize my printers ... all of them.
>
> Regards - Wallentin

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
3/21/2007 12:17:19 AM
Yep all my drivers are up to date, and I have just today re-installed my
physical printer due to a router problem. And I have printed from my Word
2003 also today.

Regards - Wallentin

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> Did you try updating your printer drivers?
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> Microsoft MVP - Publisher

0
Wallentin (3)
3/21/2007 12:28:13 AM
Did you Google to see if that specific printer has issues in Publisher or
other programs?

--

> Yep all my drivers are up to date, and I have just today re-installed my
> physical printer due to a router problem. And I have printed from my Word
> 2003 also today.
>
> Regards - Wallentin
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> Did you try updating your printer drivers?
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> Microsoft MVP - Publisher

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
3/21/2007 12:31:31 AM
How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to print to a
local printer by using Office programs in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870622/en-us

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Wallentin" <Wallentin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yep all my drivers are up to date, and I have just today re-installed my
> physical printer due to a router problem. And I have printed from my Word
> 2003 also today.
>
> Regards - Wallentin
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> Did you try updating your printer drivers?
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> Microsoft MVP - Publisher

0
mary-sauer (6480)
3/21/2007 9:09:13 AM
I have now tried to both Google my problem and I've gone through the
Microsoft trouble shooting help, and this leads me to believe that my problem
happened when I recently re-installede Windows XP. I might have done
something wrong in regards to in which order I installed my software. So I'll
try to un-install Office completely, and also erase the records in the XP
registry. That should do the trick.

In other words - sorry for the inconvenience - my bad

Respectfully - Wallentin

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to print to a
> local printer by using Office programs in Windows XP

> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Wallentin" <Wallentin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yep all my drivers are up to date, and I have just today re-installed my
> > physical printer due to a router problem. And I have printed from my Word
> > 2003 also today.
> >
> > Regards - Wallentin
> >
> > "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
> >
> >> Did you try updating your printer drivers?
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> JoAnn Paules
> >> Microsoft MVP - Publisher

0
Wallentin (3)

crm 3.0
We put item serial numbers in the Invoice Products and print them on the Invoices. I would like to be able to view and search ALL Invoice Products to find them based on the Serial Numbers. Product Invoice [x] box is disabled in customize entity. How can I change this to enable so that the entities can easily be part of the Services menu? Our system is highly customized so I will accept any ideas or suggestions. ...

Border Art #3
I have a second question. I am using Publisher 2003 btw... If I want to use an oblong shaped border with rounded edges, will Publisher allow me to add border art to the shape? I haven't been able to get it to work. I can add border art to a square, rectangle, etc but not to a 'shape'. Is there anyway I can do this? Thanks! I don't think so. You can make it a dotted or dashed line and/or change the color but that's not quite the same. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Lorri C." <lorri.mail@verizon.net> wrote in message news:O3kjtG6QFH...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

publisher #74

Unable to find CRM Instance
It appears as if other people have experienced the "Can't Find CRM Server" installation error before; however, I don't see any posts on how to fix it. Please help! I've been using the CRM Server for some time now with no problems. Every time I try to install SFO, I get the following error: Setup was unable to find an instance of the CRM components. Thanks for your help. I fixed this by ensuring in internet options, security for trusted sites (includes crm server) automatically authenticate with current username/password. Using IE went to crm server, auth...

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

I want to calculate 3 different % from the same cell
I am making an invoice that will figure a discount for a certain amount of sale, all from the same cell, if the subtotal is < 500 then they will get no discount, if it is > 500 they will get a 5%, and if it is > 750 they will get a 10% discount, what formula do i use?? -- cardfan057 You don't say what you want if the amount is exactly 500 or 750 but try: =A1*(1-((A1>=750)+(A1>=500))*5%) -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace@mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk "cardfan057" <cardfan057@discussions.micro...

Sending Publisher Files

Rules
Hello, I am assigning rules to sort my email and need to know whether the Rules Wizard is your only place to view all the rules you've created. I had all of my email already sorted into folders and was creating rules for Outlook to automatically move new messages to relevant folders. The Rules Wizard is only displaying the first bunch of rules that I've created; I can't find the ones I made a few minutes ago. What is going on here? If there is a different way to view your rules list, perhaps the new rules are hidden in there. TIA "Truth_Seeker1" <DrewSt...

Publisher 2000 #23

Where do a I find a savings calculator?
Where can I find a savings calculator for an Excel spreadsheet? Read a book like Excel for Dummies to see examples of what can be done best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "FluffyCat" <FluffyCat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:073D0AE0-5B6A-4CB1-A6D8-1D2247F76D99@microsoft.com... > Where can I find a savings calculator for an Excel spreadsheet? ...

Publisher 2003

3 Levels in Extended Pricing
Is it possible in Extended Pricing to have 3 levels of discounts. I assume yes because the max level in price trace is 3. I set up my Base Price Book to be all my List Prices. I then set up another price book and set it to be 50% of Base (Dealer Pricing) and then I want another price book to be "10% off of Dealer" I would then assign customers to this special price sheet/book. So doing a price trace I would have: List: $100 Dealer Original $100 Percent off 50% Unit Price $50 Special Original: $50 Percent off 10% Unit Price $45 Under my "Price Sheet Detail Maintenance...

Created 3-panel brochure; how to edit back 3 pages?
Hi, I created a 3-page brochure and edited the content of the three pages. When I printed it, I got two physical sheets: the front three pages and the back three pages. I need to edit the content of the back three pages. How do bring them up for editing? BTW, when I find a duplex printer to produce the fully edited brochure, I'll be in Publisher Heaven :-) Thanks in advance, Richard Hi, again, Never mind; I found it. I opened a practice session and, happily, it started with a brochure. That example pointed out that it started with two pages. That made me take notice of the littl...

passing arrays to VB via EXCEL4 API #3
Jim - Nothing personal - thanks for the response. I guess I'll have to kee searching for an Excel archeologist. Say... maybe this knowledge o antiquities is a marketable skill! Hmm... Thanks again, - Ro -- cell divisio ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cell division's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1610 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27553 ...

upgrade publisher

Re: Exporting meeting responses #3
See http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/imiap.htm or http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/EM102566161033.aspx Attendees Print is small utility specially designed for Microsoft Outlook users to print the names of the people who have been invited to a meeting and response status - Accepted, Declined, Tentative, None. Obtain information for Meting Request items from any Outlook Appointment folder. You can print directly the names of the people who have been invited to a meeting and response status - Accepted, Declined, Tentative, or None. You can save/export report as RTF, PDF, Word, ...

Advanced Find Select dropdown disppearing
Hi there, Is it a known issue in 4.0 that when you click on the Select dropdown as soon as you begin to scroll down the list disappears? It's very annoying! If anyone else is having this problem and has a fix for it please reply. Thank you! Suzy ...

Microsoft Publisher ?

Random emails tracked in CRM 3.0
Hello- Would anyone know why emails that have not been set to track in CRM would appear against random companies within CRM 3.0. ? This is a new company I've joined, and there was no IT handover, so I'm trying to bodge my way through things. They use Exchange 2003. I have checked the users' settings- they do not have 'track all emails' set. Many thanks L ...

Why is publisher newsletter not page wide when sent
When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it it is about 4" wide. I want it to be page wide when it is sent to a client. What do I need to do? What do you call "page wide"? If you had started with the email template, you would not have width issues. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Donna McDermed" <DonnaMcDermed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5974DDA0-2E2D-4495-A5EB-FBF8F543482B@microsoft.com... > When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it > it > is abo...

resources #3
I've copied few dialogs from one project into another, but I can't see my dialogs in new project when I call DoModal(). Why? Btw, I can edit them in resource view. Miki, You might for example have ActiveXs or the RTF-control on them, and the new project has not initialized the correct libraries. There is a flag you can set for the dialog templates, that the dialog box should be created even if the controls fail. Try this option, and then you might see the dialog without the troublesome controls. Johan Rosengren Abstract Mekanik AB "Miki Peric" <blah@ccc.com> ...