Publisher can't open a file it just created

Working with Publisher 2003 we just reinstalled it on a 
computer because it started have problems opening 
publisher 2003 files.  If I create a new file in 
publisher then save it, when I try to open it again it 
tells me that it can not open this file.  Has anyone else 
run into this?  It happened on another computer once 
before and we formated and reinstalled windows.

I'd like to not have to re install windows if I can help 
it.

Chris
0
anonymous (74722)
8/2/2004 6:14:33 PM
publisher 21446 articles. 6 followers. Follow

3 Replies
323 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 36

Are you saving the file to the hard drive?

Do you have Norton? If so disable "script blocking" and in Norton's options disable
"Office Plug-ins" then try again.
-- 
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
news://msnews.microsoft.com
"Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:990a01c478bc$90046b50$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> Working with Publisher 2003 we just reinstalled it on a
> computer because it started have problems opening
> publisher 2003 files.  If I create a new file in
> publisher then save it, when I try to open it again it
> tells me that it can not open this file.  Has anyone else
> run into this?  It happened on another computer once
> before and we formated and reinstalled windows.
>
> I'd like to not have to re install windows if I can help
> it.
>
> Chris


0
gsauer (5093)
8/2/2004 6:52:24 PM
I was going to do that but we are using the Norton Corp 
and I could not find it.  Is "script blocking" 
and  "office Plu-ins" in norton both?  I found something 
like this on the web and couldn't get it work.  I'm going 
to double check to make sure but I couldn't find either 
the other day.


>-----Original Message-----
>Are you saving the file to the hard drive?
>
>Do you have Norton? If so disable "script blocking" and 
in Norton's options disable
>"Office Plug-ins" then try again.
>-- 
>Mary Sauer MS MVP
>http://office.microsoft.com/
>http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
>news://msnews.microsoft.com
>"Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
message
>news:990a01c478bc$90046b50$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>> Working with Publisher 2003 we just reinstalled it on a
>> computer because it started have problems opening
>> publisher 2003 files.  If I create a new file in
>> publisher then save it, when I try to open it again it
>> tells me that it can not open this file.  Has anyone 
else
>> run into this?  It happened on another computer once
>> before and we formated and reinstalled windows.
>>
>> I'd like to not have to re install windows if I can 
help
>> it.
>>
>> Chris
>
>
>.
>
0
anonymous (74722)
8/5/2004 2:34:49 PM
Right-click your Norton icon in the systray, click "open Norton..., turn off script
blocking, above is the options menu, in the Miscellaneous menu, clear office
plug-ins. I have never cleared the office plug-ins and had have no issues, others do.

-- 
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
news://msnews.microsoft.com
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:08e501c47af9$5cc66dd0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> I was going to do that but we are using the Norton Corp
> and I could not find it.  Is "script blocking"
> and  "office Plu-ins" in norton both?  I found something
> like this on the web and couldn't get it work.  I'm going
> to double check to make sure but I couldn't find either
> the other day.
>
>
> >-----Original Message-----
> >Are you saving the file to the hard drive?
> >
> >Do you have Norton? If so disable "script blocking" and
> in Norton's options disable
> >"Office Plug-ins" then try again.
> >-- 
> >Mary Sauer MS MVP
> >http://office.microsoft.com/
> >http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
> >news://msnews.microsoft.com
> >"Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
> >news:990a01c478bc$90046b50$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> >> Working with Publisher 2003 we just reinstalled it on a
> >> computer because it started have problems opening
> >> publisher 2003 files.  If I create a new file in
> >> publisher then save it, when I try to open it again it
> >> tells me that it can not open this file.  Has anyone
> else
> >> run into this?  It happened on another computer once
> >> before and we formated and reinstalled windows.
> >>
> >> I'd like to not have to re install windows if I can
> help
> >> it.
> >>
> >> Chris
> >
> >
> >.
> >


0
gsauer (5093)
8/5/2004 4:21:09 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Possible to create a rule to alert on BCC messages?
Using Outlook 2007/Exchange Server 2007 Hello: I sometimes miss that I'm receiving an email as a blind copy. I was hoping to create a rule to alert me when I'm in the BCC field. However, when using the rules wizard, I only see the options regarding my name in the To or CC field. Is there a way to create this that I may be missing? Thank you. In article <#pJLIK1ALHA.4704@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, victoria@dig.com says... > > Using Outlook 2007/Exchange Server 2007 > > Hello: > > I sometimes miss that I'm receiving an email as ...

Post to GL vs Post Through GL Files
Ok.....a stupid question here. What exactly is the difference is having the boxes checked to Post to GL and Post Through GL Files? Is there any problem with having one vs the other or both of them checked? I would assume that not having the Post Through GL will require you to post each batch to the GL. I am surprised that you can have both boxes checked. In that instance, I am uncertain what would happen. Normally, you would have only one of the boxes checked. (You could also have none of the boxes checked if you don't want to post to the GL. For example, you might unmark these s...

Duplicate files
I am getting duplicate transactions in my bank accounts. I will create checks or download info from my bank. The next time I open money 2004 I will have duplicate transactions. This happens 3 or 4 times for every transaction. They will not delete either. I have to mark them as void to just find out what my balance really is. When I balance an account, it doesn't even recognize these transactions as being there, but it does show them. If anyone has the same problems I would love to hear how you fixed it or do I have some new virus? In microsoft.public.money, Frank G wrote: ...

Just Recently as soon as I gotten the new update about my Sound de
Just Recently as soon as I gotten the new update about my Sound device Realtek, My sound stopped working, so I restarted the computer, the sound worked again. When I started to play my rendered videos in my Windows Media Player it stopped working, it didn't no more, please help On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:22:02 -0800, King Noi <King Noi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Just Recently as soon as I gotten the new update about my Sound device >Realtek, My sound stopped working, so I restarted the computer, the sound >worked again. When I started to play my rendered ...

Select Which Account Address When Creating Contact
I have many accounts that have multiple locations. When I create a new contact, it would be very helpful if I could select which address a new contact should use when I create it. As a side note, does anyone know of any articles or user documentation written to guide the decision-making process of using a hierarchical account structure vs. multiple addresses? It seems like multiple addresses would help "keep things in one spot," as oposed to hunting around an account hierarchy to find the contact or other information you need. Thanks. Dave ---------------- This post is a sug...

CArchive for reading binary files
Hello all, My application needs to read from binary files. Is a CFile associated with a CArchive the best way to do this? Or do I just stick to using CFile independently? The files are supplied by an external application and could have a large size (say larger than a 100 megs). My application just has to read from them and process the data. TIA Adeel Adeel wrote: > Hello all, > > My application needs to read from binary files. Is a CFile associated > with a CArchive the best way to do this? Or do I just stick to using > CFile independently? > > The files ar...

Error on opening file from taskbar
I am using Excel 2007 with Windows 7 on a ThinkPad X61. When I right-click the Excel icon on the TaskBar, and then click on any spreadsheet shown in the list I get the message "There was a problem sending the command to the program." The same error happens if I click on the same file from a folder view although I can easily open it via the Excel menus. As I really like this feature of Windows 7, it's a real annoyance. -- Richard I Morris Jr I'm not sure if this will help you at all, but I suppose it's worth a try: In Excel 2007, click the Office Button ...

Where is the "File" menu?
Hello, I am using Excel for Office 2007 and I am trying to include some rows in a header so I see these rows at the top of every page. So I google for instructions, and got many hits. One of the hits instruct me to go to the file menu and then the page setup menu. Like this: File>Page setup But I don't even see the File menu. How can I get the File menu to be visble? -- Best regards Roberto You are looking at instructions for an older version of Excel than you have. Microsoft got rid of the menu bar in Excel 2007 and replaced it with the Ribbon... you w...

Shortcut prevents second user from opening database
When multiple access users try to access database from different systems through a shortcut the system does nothing. When second user enters through Access they can enter the database with no problem... The database allows multiple users to access but the shortcut only works for the first user that enters. All others have to enter through Access. What prevents the second user access through the shortcut from another machine? On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 19:30:43 -0700, BJH Data <BJH Data@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When multiple access users try to access database from diffe...

Publishing Menu in MS CRM 3.0
Hi Professionals, I have successfully installed MS CRM 3.0. Default site is set on port http://localhost/5555. Here I am not able to see the menu, Accounts, Contacts..etc.. I tried published available customizations, but still I was not successful. Created new user in AD and added this user in CRM with full rights by assigning all roles to the newly created user. Can anyone guide me in publishing menu on the site? Thanks for reading my post. Adhik Kadam Remove the "restriccted Access" checkbox from the user's account. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Adhik K...

Maximum file size for excel documents?
Hi, Does anyone know what the maximum file size for a excell 2000 workbook is? I'm currently upto 38mb, just need to know how much further I can go. Lots of data.... Hi see: http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Parag wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone know what the maximum file size for a excell 2000 > workbook is? I'm currently upto 38mb, just need to know how much > further I can go. > > Lots of data.... Thanks "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > see: > http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm ...

PST Files #5
I have a freind who uses outlook 2000. He is currently at about 400megs on the pst file. He can open outlook, he can read, sort, view and download more email. But the second he double clicks on an email to open it to respond..etc. Outlook locks up, window error message say... dangerously low on system resources. He is running 98 with the latest patches, 25 gig of free space on the hdd, and 512megs of ram. Im of the opinion that its just to large of a pst for the computer/os to handle. Ive had him clean it up, used to be 712megs in size. He was okay till about 2 weeks ago. No idea what ...

Classic Environment crashes when Office 2004 is open
<This is a consistently duplicatable problem.> I am using Mac OS 10.4.2 on a Mac G4 Dual 1GB. I have Office 2004 installed. I have also Classic Environment installed. With NO other programs running, whenever I have the Classic Environment open, and try to use Word or Excel or Entourage, I am only able to use the Office apps for a minute or so before the Classic Environment crashes. I began by checking my fonts in the Mac OS 9 System Folder. There was nothing there that was not installed during the installation of the Classic Environment. (None of the apps I use in Classic install their o...

ANN: Just Released the F# Survival Guide
All, For you C# programmers who may be interested in getting a handle on F#, please visit http://www.ctocorner.com/fsharp/book/, where I've recently released a free, Web-based book on the topic. I hope that you find it useful. jpuopolo ...

Can't verify publisher for mf.sys
I've got a multiportSerial inf that uses mf.inf/mf.sys to enumerate x number of serial ports. When I use this inf for my device, Server 2008 complains that "Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software". If I say to install the driver software anyway then it will enumerate all my serial ports correctly and it's happy to install the serial driver I have written for the child devices. What do I need to do in order to get the mf.inf/mf.sys portion of my install to work without user interaction? You need to sign your mf.sys file (and mf.cat) w...

Outlook will not open #11
I have had difficulty installing Winfax pro 10 and to day I cannot open Outlook. I cannot uninstall Winfax due to programme not finding the unistall file. I do not know where to start. any help would be most appreciated I have just discovered that I have lost all my printers and cannot print at all "belto" <belto@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:QyATf.198708$Q22.58815@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk... >I have had difficulty installing Winfax pro 10 and to day I cannot open >Outlook. > I cannot uninstall Winfax due to programme not finding the unistall file. &...

Outlook starts ok but getting slower by opening mail
Hi all, I have a strange problem with our Outlook when some persons opening Outlook it starts normal and is working as it should be but with every mail we klick outlook is getting slower After opening 10 mails Outlook hangs cpu stays at 100% for Outlook The solution that solves this problem temporary is resetting the user profile on our server But then again it's just a matter of time and all things start over again Resseting the user profiles again and again is not a sutible solution because it involves a lot of work for setting the user settings back First i thougth it was a prob...

How to create an array reference that won't move
How can I create a named range for A1:A500 that never grows/shrinks after cutting and pasting, etc.? I.e, I want the named range to always refer to A1:A500. Use indirect define>name and use =INDIRECT("Sheet1!A1:A500") replace Sheet1 with the name of the sheet -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "John" <soundneedle@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:90fab935.0404300826.5a0e7607@posting.google.com... > How can I create a named range for A1:A500 that never grows/shrinks > after cutting and pasting, etc.? I.e, I want the named range to always > refer to A1:A500....

Excel file
I accidentaly replaced a file with a wrong file and then the wrong one was deleted. Is there any hope of me recovering the Excel sheet I replaced?? Carice I think that, in your heart of hearts, you know the answer to this question, don't you ? Yes / NO / Don't Know Have you backed it up recently ? That's your only chance Regards Trevor "Carice" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1A17345-9395-4373-AC22-26C9B13DAF08@microsoft.com... > I accidentaly replaced a file with a wrong file and then the wrong one was deleted. Is there any ...

How to open 123 files with excel
A client gave me files in Lotus 123. I have Excel 2002. Is there a way to open these files and convert to excel. The WK4 files he gave me convert but not the 123 files. There is no filter that allows Excel to read .123 files. So you have to convert them to a format Excel can read using 1-2-3 or Conversions Plus from www.datawiz.com -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Jeff B 813" <Jeff B 813@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6799DB18-8FC1-4D2D-999D-A10C7BFFD7A4@microsoft.com... |A client gave me files in Lotus 123. I have Excel 2002. Is there a way to | open thes...

Creating one line that models a quadratic relationship?
I would like to create one line that creates a quadratic relationship, however all I seem to get when typing x and y values is a graph that gives me to seperate lines when graphing a chart. ...

Money File on Network
I have a wireless network and I have M2005 deluxe on my home computer and M2005 basic on my laptop. When I try to open the money file on my desktop computer from my laptop computer, it will not let me open the file. It says that it is read only and cannot be opened. Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix this problem?? Thank You Make sure with, say, notepad, that you can save a file in the same shared folder from the client. There are lots of possibilities here. Many of them have nothing to do with Money. One other possibility comes to mind: are both machines at the same Money versi...

Importing accounts and transaction etc. from one money file to another
Is it possible to import accounts, transactions, categories etc. from one money file to another? My problem is that I have a money file which is protected with a file password (not .NET passport though) and I cannot seem to get rid of it. When trying to use the Password Manager to either assign og disable .NET Passport services for the given money file I always get the error message that the sign-in name is not associated with file. However, a sign-in name has never been associated with the file because it has only been protected by a single password (like i earlier version of money). Now ...

Open workbook to specific worksheet
Is there a way to have a workbook open to a certain worksheet regardless of which worksheet was active when the file was saved and clsoed? Example: Worksheets in workbook - data, budget, analysis, comments Saved and closed with data worksheet active On open have budget worksheet active Thanks Dave, you could put some code in the workbook open event like this Private Sub Workbook_Open() Sheets("budget").Select End Sub To put in this macro, from your workbook right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code. This icon is to the left of the "File" menu this...

Precautions to be taken prior publishing Excahnge server?
Dears, What essential security precations must be taken before publishing my exchane server 2003? On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 15:39:55 +0200, "Mahmoud" <m.metwally@iqaratmisr.com> wrote: >Dears, What essential security precations must be taken before publishing my >exchane server 2003? > All of them. LOL :) -GT "Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message news:lo8mv192ppetqhih3tbqpie23nkqv4klqd@4ax.com... > On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 15:39:55 +0200, "Mahmoud" > <m.metwally@iqaratmisr.com> wrote: > >...