Publisher Can Not Open Files From A Different Version

Publisher Can Not Open Files From A Different Version: Is
there anyway to get around this?
0
anonymous (74718)

Hi merle (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com),
in the Microsoft� newsgroups
you posted:

|| Publisher Can Not Open Files From A Different Version: Is
|| there anyway to get around this?

Yes.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Office Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
publisher (1245)
11/25/2003 2:51:36 PM
You'll need the version that created the file, or newer version.

--
Don
---------------

"merle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Publisher Can Not Open Files From A Different Version: Is
> there anyway to get around this?

0
Engineer1 (288)
11/25/2003 3:01:31 PM
Don,

 >> If you can read this, thank a teacher.
If you can read this in English, thank a vetern.

What's a vetern?

Mike

Don Schmidt wrote:
> You'll need the version that created the file, or newer version.

0
wordwiz (948)
11/25/2003 5:14:17 PM
What do you know?  I just asked the same question because I didn't see this thread, somehow.

Apelles
0
anonymous (74718)
11/27/2003 1:36:05 AM
But the problem is when we create a file in the NEWEST version, it appears it can only be shared with computers also running the newest version.  Given that the release is, what, a month old, we all have apparently a long wait until we can share files with many other people . .

Apelles
0
anonymous (74718)
11/27/2003 1:36:08 AM
Am now told that a newer version's file can be saved as an older version file, and THEN read by the older version

I'll try it and we shall see . .

Apelles
0
anonymous (74718)
11/27/2003 2:06:13 AM
After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Apelles <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...
> But the problem is when we create a file in the NEWEST version, it
> appears it can only be shared with computers also running the newest
> version.  Given that the release is, what, a month old, we all have
> apparently a long wait until we can share files with many other
> people . . .

Publisher 2003 files can be opened in Publisher 2002 without having to do a
"Save as..." an older version.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)

file share access to w2k8 host needed from image
hi, i am currently using vs 2005 r2 sp1 on a windows 2008 host machine (secured by ipsec). i now want to have file share access to my host from any image. when i try to run "net share \\<hostmachine>\c$" i do receive an error as following: "the network path was not found". please note: - either image client can access shares on different computers - i can access my host from any other client in network (no virtual one) using "net share \\<hostmachine>\c$" - stop ipsec on host does not change anything so the problem probably has to do with some f...

Convert cvs file to excel file
the CVS file has 1000 records seprated by a comma when I try to open with excel it only take 256 records and places them in a single row I need to have all 1000 records placed in a single column is there a way to convert this file? Open it in Notepad/Wordpad etc and I'm assuming from your text that you will see something like the following:- 17,12,20,19,5,14,20,5,11,3 Do an Edit / Replace and replace , with ; (Replace comma with semi-colon) so that you now have 17;12;20;19;5;14;20;5;11;3 Copy the string and paste into a cell in Excel (Assume cell A1) Now put ={ at the front and ...

Can Money 2003 Deluxe Import directly from Quicken files?
I had Quicken (2002, I think) installed on my old desktop and I added my old hard drive to a new system. However, I'm unable to find the install disk for Quicken, so I'm stuck with all my data in a set of Quicken files. There is a good deal now for Money 2003 Deluxe but it only works for me if it can directly accept or import these Quicken files, not some more generically formatted export file Does anyone know if this will work TIA In microsoft.public.money, jer042000 wrote: >I had Quicken (2002, I think) installed on my old desktop and I added my old hard drive to a new syste...

enter text 2 cells same time 2 different sheets
I want to enter text in cell in sheet 1 and have it appear in a cell on sheet 2 also Select both sheets, using Shift and left-click on the sheet tabs.............then select a cell and type away........the values will appear in the same cells on both sheets Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "jack" <crabber1@ comcast .net> wrote in message news:700AD143-4B2D-4523-8849-79D5FA132392@microsoft.com... > I want to enter text in cell in sheet 1 and have it appear in a cell on sheet 2 also Jack, If it's the same cell (same address) in the two sheets, you can select both sheet...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

File and Print Sharing on Exchange 2003
Would there be any reason why I would need File and Print Sharing enabled on my Exchange 2003 cluster? I would like to minimize as much network services as possible and I can not think of any applicable use for FPS. I know mail slots use SMB but I do not believe Exchange 2003 uses mail slots??? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks, Brian Message tracking logs use a share so if you do remote admin you would lose this. There are two other shares in addition. I do not believe any are critical but be aware of what you will no longer have available. Nue "HoosierDaddy" <bjorgenson@...

Can not Drag and Drop when using imap
Hey, One of our users who uses outlook 2000 is having a very strange problem. At seemingly random times, he is unable to drag messages from one imap folder to another (ex. messages arrives in Inbox, and he wants to copy it to another folder). Basically, one he drags the message from the Inbox "area" to the "folders list area" his mouse turns into the "can't drop here" symbol (circle with line through it). Sometimes closing and re-opening the program fixes it, and sometimes he has to restart. What really throws a wrench into this is that he can right click...

Outlook does screwy things when moving some messages to different folders
This is Outlook 2000, but I believe the problem is common to all versions of Outlook. When ever I select a single e-mail or a group of e-mails and then try to move them to a different folder, I've got a 50-50 chance that instead of moving them, outlook will open a new e-mail composition window and throw the message(s) being moved into the new message as an attachment. At that point, the messages are basically lost, because I can't undo that action. If I simply try to close the new message composition window, outlook won't return the attached messages back to where they came from...

SP3 xp failed to install catalog files during update
i have a fresh install of xp home with linksys wireless drivers, nvidia drivers, avg free and essential ms updates installed up to service pack 3 and nothing else installed. it downloaded the sp3 and started the install procedure the progress bar makes it to about a 3rd of the way through then gives me a message that it failed to install catalogue files there is no error code that went with the message. has anybody seen this happen yet? is there anything i can do? NOTE: *** IF Internet Explorer 7 or 8 are installed, UNinstall it now before applying SP3. Reinstall it afterwards...

Can not receive email #2
Thanks for reply. Actually my mail server is for internal test, so I set up internal DNS server for it. The client is using the DNS server. From the client, I can telnet the mail server for port 25 and 110. Client can send email out but can not receive email. Thanks for help! Lisa >-----Original Message----- >try to force a connection and see if the queue clears. >"Administrator" <administrator@norepliesplease.com> wrote in message >news:OSRqrb5qEHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >> Lisa, >> >> Go to http://AboutMyDNS.com and run their quick...

publisher #74

Copy information from one cell to several different cells
I received an Excel document that has 2000 plus names and addresses, however they put the name and address together in one cell and I need them in seperate cells so I can sort on the address. Is there a way I can take the information in one cell and move it to several different cells, without having to cut and paste every one of the 2000 cells. If they are separated by a common delimiter, you can use the Data->'Text to Columns...' feature. -- Regards, Dave "BRyan" wrote: > I received an Excel document that has 2000 plus names and addresses, however > th...

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Can you add music to flyers?
I would like to be able to add background music to a flyer I am making in Publisher. Sounds like it should have been easy, but I can't figure it out. And where does one buy majick audible ink to print that with? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "jeitel" <jeitel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA93A432-C22A-439C-9D65-5F3D4C3D017A@microsoft.com... |I would like to be able to add background music to a flyer I am making in | Publisher. Sounds like it should have been easy, but I can't figure it out. jeitel wrote...

I want to calculate 3 different % from the same cell
I am making an invoice that will figure a discount for a certain amount of sale, all from the same cell, if the subtotal is < 500 then they will get no discount, if it is > 500 they will get a 5%, and if it is > 750 they will get a 10% discount, what formula do i use?? -- cardfan057 You don't say what you want if the amount is exactly 500 or 750 but try: =A1*(1-((A1>=750)+(A1>=500))*5%) -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace@mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk "cardfan057" <cardfan057@discussions.micro...

Sending Publisher Files

problem in use money files after change of hard disc
I have using money since 1990 with constant updates, my latest update was in 2005. Recently my hard disc crashed and I have to change for a new hard disc, after install money, I was unable to open my money files which run satisfactorily before the crash. When I try to run openthe file it always says "the file is created by an older version of money, money will save a copy of the file and upgrade you file for use by the program". Then after a while a message apear saying that "money is unable to acess your file .....". Can any one help me. I have run the same file...

Can I load a general macro without loading an excel document?
Can I load a general excel macro without loading an excel document so that it can be used by every document that is loaded with excel? -- Neil Wills UBmatrix If you create a personal.xls file, any macro in it will automatically be loaded whenever Excel is invoke. -- Gary's Student "Neil.Wills" wrote: > > Can I load a general excel macro without loading an excel document so that > it can be used by every document that is loaded with excel? > > -- > Neil Wills > UBmatrix ...

How can I search for words in all caps in Excel?
As part of a macro, I'd like to be able to identify and re-format only cells containing words in all caps. Is that doable? Thanks! Perfect. Thanks! "Jason Morin" wrote: > Select your data and run this macro: > > Sub OnlyUpper() > Dim cell As Range > For Each cell In Selection > If cell.Value = UCase(cell.Value) Then > cell.Font.ColorIndex = 3 'make font color = red > End If > Next > End Sub > > --- > HTH > Jason > Atlanta, GA > > > "Nexan" wrote: > > > As part of a macro, I'...

Rules
Hello, I am assigning rules to sort my email and need to know whether the Rules Wizard is your only place to view all the rules you've created. I had all of my email already sorted into folders and was creating rules for Outlook to automatically move new messages to relevant folders. The Rules Wizard is only displaying the first bunch of rules that I've created; I can't find the ones I made a few minutes ago. What is going on here? If there is a different way to view your rules list, perhaps the new rules are hidden in there. TIA "Truth_Seeker1" <DrewSt...

Publisher 2000 #23

Outlook 2002
This just started today. Outlook opens ok to the Outlook Today view and does a send / receive (I'm on DSL). When I click on a shortcut to any folder, i.e. Inbox, I get a quick view of that folder but then a page displays that says "Search results for "outlook:Inbox" Sorry, your keywords did not match any results. Please try again. On the address line it shows "http://www.jraun.com/search.php? search=outlook:Inbox" Any ideas If you click the folder names in the Folder List instead of the Outlook Bar, do the folders open successfully? -- Jocelyn ...