Publisher/Access problem

I am using MS Office 2000 Professional on a Windows XP
Professional OS. (Access 2000 SP-3, Publisher 2000 SP-3)

I created a Publisher file called "reunion.pub". It
contains: name, address,and other information. I went to
reference it using MS Access and the ".pub" file was
automatically converted to a ".mdb" file. Now I can't
reference it using MS Publisher.  Is there any way to
convert the file back to a ".pub" file so that it can be
used in Publisher?
Thank You,
Sam Ceccola

After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Sam Ceccola <samceccola@comcast.net>...
> I created a Publisher file called "reunion.pub". It
> contains: name, address,and other information. I went to
> reference it using MS Access and the ".pub" file was
> automatically converted to a ".mdb" file.
What do you mean by "reference" it?
You do not use a Publisher file as a database.
You cannot open Publisher files in Access

> Now I can't
> reference it using MS Publisher.  Is there any way to
> convert the file back to a ".pub" file so that it can be
> used in Publisher?
I don't see how you opened it in Access at all.
Try renaming the file to have a .pub extension again
You can store a database in Access format and use the merge engine to merge
it in to Publisher.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)
9/15/2003 4:54:53 PM

I tried renaming the file "reunion.pub". Publisher gave
message "It can not open the file". When I opened
reunion.mdb" via Publisher, it gave me the
message "Publisher is converting the file" and then
generated worsheets. I don't know how to convert he
worksheets into an editable Publisher Address List.
Ed, prudence tells me to leave this question to an old codger/geezer like
you!!!

donotknock (1942)
9/16/2003 8:19:10 AM
After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Sam Ceccola <samceccola@comcast.net>...
> I don't know how to convert he
> worksheets into an editable Publisher Address List.

I see your problem.
You originally claimed you had a Publisher file.  You do not.  You have a
Publisher Address List, which is stored in a Microsoft Access Database in
MDB format.  You should have your original file somewhere.
You do not need to convert the file back to a Publisher Address List,
because the file is more useful and less awkward to use if it is in Access
format.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6344)
9/16/2003 3:21:53 PM

I posted a reply earlier but for some reason it wasn't
put on the board. Anyway, I tried changing the ".mdb"
file to a ".pub". Publisher said it could not open the
file.
I also tried opening the ".mdb" file in Publisher.
Publisher return a message it "is converting the file".
It created a lot of worksheets that contained my data.
When I tried to "Mail Merge/Edit Publisher Address List"
I couldn't get to the file. Is there a way to convert the
worksheets into a way I could edit the file?
Sam
>.

After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Sam Ceccola <samceccola@comcast.net>...
> I posted a reply earlier but for some reason it wasn't
> put on the board.

Your reply was shown earlier, and I replied to it.
Here is the reply that I posted before:

You originally claimed you had a Publisher file.  You do not.  You have a
Publisher Address List, which is stored in a Microsoft Access Database in
MDB format.  You should have your original file somewhere.
You do not need to convert the file back to a Publisher Address List,
because the file is more useful and less awkward to use if it is in Access
format.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6344)

XP: copy/paste from Access into Excel
Hello I am converting lots of Access/Excel apps to the XP version and I hav problems with the most stupid issues. Here is one of them: in the previous version (under NT) I could just copy and past tables/queries from Access into Excel (Crtl C/Crtl V) and everythin was working. Now the numbers are all formatted as text in Excel unless I past special (Biff5). I know I could use the Tools--> Analise it with Excel (from Access t Excel) but this opens the results in a new sheet and sometimes I nee to paste in a specified region of existing spreadsheets. Yes, I could also use pass through query ...

file share access to w2k8 host needed from image
hi, i am currently using vs 2005 r2 sp1 on a windows 2008 host machine (secured by ipsec). i now want to have file share access to my host from any image. when i try to run "net share \\<hostmachine>\c$" i do receive an error as following: "the network path was not found". please note: - either image client can access shares on different computers - i can access my host from any other client in network (no virtual one) using "net share \\<hostmachine>\c$" - stop ipsec on host does not change anything so the problem probably has to do with some f...

vlookup problems
My vlookup of customer information is working fine until I add a customer to the list. The vlookup formula looks fine and it's referencing the proper worksheet (customer info). The range is fine (I'm assuming if the data range encompasses the entire worksheet it's fine) and the column indexes are correct. Yet, no data is returned to the destination cells. This only started happening after I added some customers to the customer info sheet. I'm not sure if this matters, but I've manually updated the source links also, hoping this would help. It didn't. Are there an...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

Outlook Attachment problem
Hi, I have windows 2000 exchange server with service pack 3 and with all the hotfixes, some of our clients complaigning that thes attachments are corrupted when they receive emails from us , it works perfect some times and some times we need to resend the email to them which is very irritating to client and our users, Please suggest Any AV/Content Filtering/Gateways between your mail system and the external world? I would look there if its indeed happening on your end. On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 13:23:02 -0800, "Deeps" <Deeps@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >...

publisher #74

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

access 2007 01-29-08
Is Access 2007 still in beta or fairly new? I just downloaded a trial. I am wondering if most enterprise level companies are still on Access 2003? Would you suggest developing a database in 2007 if the customer doesn't have a preference? It looks like it just has a new interface but it is basically the same as 2003? The other question I have is about quality assurance. Is there any tips on the MVP's site or is it in any books. I have the access 2003 inside and out book which was good but it is slow reading through examples. Should I get the 2007 book? thanks, ...

Sending Publisher Files

owa not access from outside
hi , i have an exchange server 2003(sp1) with windows server 2003(sp1) , the network scenario is that first i have router and then pix firewall and then i have smtp filter for exchange, on smtp the port 25 is open , on pix i have made a DMZ for exchange , means that from outside , first mails are comming to smtp filter through the dmz on pix and then came to my exchange server which is not F-E, internaly i am able to use the OWA through the URl"http://servername/exchange" and on pix the port 80 is open and one thing more is that my domain controller and excahnge are on same m...

CTreeCtrl Focus Problem (is this a bug?)
Hi I have a Dialog witha tree control and an edit control, in a configuration window type setup. Each item in the tree view has a type and some data assosciated with it, which can be edited in the edit control. Because the value can be a string or a number, I need to do some validation in the edit control. Essentially, I want to hold focus until the data is valid. The problem I am having is that when I click on another item in the tree view, the KillFocus event for the edit does not fire (or rather not at once). The order of messages seems to be: TVN_SELCHANGING TVN_SELCHANGED EN_...

problem in use money files after change of hard disc
I have using money since 1990 with constant updates, my latest update was in 2005. Recently my hard disc crashed and I have to change for a new hard disc, after install money, I was unable to open my money files which run satisfactorily before the crash. When I try to run openthe file it always says "the file is created by an older version of money, money will save a copy of the file and upgrade you file for use by the program". Then after a while a message apear saying that "money is unable to acess your file .....". Can any one help me. I have run the same file...

Digitally signed Excel project problem
When trying to save a digitally signed Excel project in Office 2000, I get the error message "Excel cannot sign VBA macros when saving to this file format. ...... How do I fix this problem please? ...

outlook blocks access to my attachments! WHY
does anyone get this stupid microsoft msg: oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments in mail This was in outlook express. I have attachments and they are greyed out and unable to be opened! WHY is that? HOW can i fix it and override microsoft's idiocy? Thanks, Vern VJL33615@yahoo.com Next time, post this in an Outlook Express group - this is not one of them. Having said that, tools->options->security. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail ...

Publisher 2000 #23

Can you solve my problem?
Hi How can I randomly select six different numbers at any one time i.e lottery numbers. I have tried using the formula below, =INT(RAND()*49)+1, which works OK but I get repeated numbers in a line of six, can anyone help? Keith For one way, see: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/randint.html Usage: Select six cells and array-enter =RandInt(1,49) In article <boA7e.20406$Uc7.7578@newsfe2-win.ntli.net>, "Keith Robinson" <Keith.Robinson28@ntlworld.com> wrote: > How can I randomly select six different numbers at any one time i.e lottery > numbers. I have ...

Publisher 2003

splitting of Access database
Hi everybody, I have created one mdb file using MS Access 2003. After splitting this, the back end of this file is migrated into sql server (Express 2005) using SSMA for Access. The front end containing tables and forms are in mdb file. Is it possible to create an exe file on the basis of this? If it is possible please let me know how it can be done. Earliest response will be highly appreciated. With regards -- nandini On Thu, 6 May 2010 09:41:01 -0700, Nandini <Nandini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi everybody, > >I have created one mdb file usi...

Problem with Data Migration Framework, nothing is migrated....
Hi, I am trying to get some data into CRM with Data Migration Framework, but I have some problems. I have followed the guide, but when I am doing the migrate process the data fails to migrate. To eliminate some issues I have tried to manaully insert a testrecord in the cdf_mscrm database using the SQL enterprise manager. The only data in the database is a single record in the cdf_account table with corresponding records in _ext and _info databases. The fields AccountID, OwningUser and Name has data, the other fields are empty. OwningUser has a value wich corresponds with a SystemUserId in the...

upgrade publisher

Sign on/off problem
my mother was using her system and while trying to change her background her system did a restart and on startup asked for a password ( she never had to use a password before) now when she gives it the password it log her on, the microsoft music starts then it logs her off, and then the password window comes up. I went into safemode tryed the administrator account but a blank password doesn't work. Neather does any of the passwords she has used for outlook or anyother app. Question 1 why is it loging on then loging off. Question 2 Can I use Safemode with command promt to res...

Access 97 to Access 2003 DataBase conversion 08-30-07
Hi, We work in a mostly french environment. We have a standard image using MUI Microsoft products (XP and Office 2003 are MUI) Since the convertion of an ACCESS 97 BD into Access 2003, we experience a sort sequence problem when using: DoCmd.Openform or DoCmd.ApplyFilter A selection on a name like "Cot�" will return no record. Asking for "Cote" will return all records including "Cot�". I suspect a problem with MUI (multi-user interface) but I did not find any recommandation at Microsoft. Thanks. "Jacques Tr�panier" <zx_jacques@hotmail.com>...