Publisher 2007 / Vista will not print

I get message "Publisher cannot complete the operation" when trying to print.
 Print preview shows image just fine.  Am able to print other Office
applications (and other non-Office apps) without difficulty.  This is a
recent problem, occurring only within the last month; prior to that, no
difficulties.
0
Brandt (32)

Is your printer driver current? Check with the manufacturer's web site.

Try this, in the Printer Folder chose a different default printer. Open
Publisher and your Publisher file. When viewing your document in print preview,
minimize the screen, open the Printer folder, select your preferred printer and
make it the default. Then print. If this works you shouldn't have further
problems.

This was a suggestion by another user, usually it is a Dell printer at fault.
--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Larry Brandt" <Larry Brandt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I get message "Publisher cannot complete the operation" when trying to print.
> Print preview shows image just fine.  Am able to print other Office
> applications (and other non-Office apps) without difficulty.  This is a
> recent problem, occurring only within the last month; prior to that, no
> difficulties.

0
mary.sauer (2018)
5/31/2009 9:25:06 AM
Thank you.  Your suggested strategy worked.  I am back in business.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Is your printer driver current? Check with the manufacturer's web site.
>
> Try this, in the Printer Folder chose a different default printer. Open
> Publisher and your Publisher file. When viewing your document in print preview,
> minimize the screen, open the Printer folder, select your preferred printer and
> make it the default. Then print. If this works you shouldn't have further
> problems.
>
> This was a suggestion by another user, usually it is a Dell printer at fault.
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Larry Brandt" <Larry Brandt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I get message "Publisher cannot complete the operation" when trying to print.
> > Print preview shows image just fine.  Am able to print other Office
> > applications (and other non-Office apps) without difficulty.  This is a
> > recent problem, occurring only within the last month; prior to that, no
> > difficulties.

Hey, glad it worked. Thanks for posting back, it is appreciated.

--

> Thank you.  Your suggested strategy worked.  I am back in business.
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Is your printer driver current? Check with the manufacturer's web site.
>>
>> Try this, in the Printer Folder chose a different default printer. Open
>> Publisher and your Publisher file. When viewing your document in print
>> preview,
>> minimize the screen, open the Printer folder, select your preferred printer
>> and
>> make it the default. Then print. If this works you shouldn't have further
>> problems.
>>
>> This was a suggestion by another user, usually it is a Dell printer at fault.
>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Larry Brandt" <Larry Brandt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I get message "Publisher cannot complete the operation" when trying to
>> >print.
>> > Print preview shows image just fine.  Am able to print other Office
>> > applications (and other non-Office apps) without difficulty.  This is a
>> > recent problem, occurring only within the last month; prior to that, no
>> > difficulties.

0
mary.sauer (2018)

Address book from Outlook 2000 to 2007
Before I purchase Office 2007, I would like to insure that the conacts in my Outlook 2000 will automatically move to Office 2007. Do they? The data file in Outlook 2000 is perfectly compatible with Outlook 2007. However, the only way they would move "automatically" is if you were to attempt an in place upgrade of Outlook, which is not recommended when you are skipping several versions. It doesn't even work well if you're upgrading just one version. You would be far better off backing up your current Outlook data file, installing Office 2007 clean, then using your prev...

I paste a jpg into the publisher document and then it disappears,
I'm trying to copy an image into a newsletter in publisher and will do so but it will just disappear. what could cause that? patricia wrote: > I'm trying to copy an image into a newsletter in publisher and will do so but > it will just disappear. what could cause that? Avoid using the Clipboard. Save the image to a file on your hard disk and insert it via Inert > Picture > From File instead. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message news:eOsavPLvGHA.4456@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... &g...

SOS! how do I write a customized function to do multiple-value lookup in Excel 2007?
I have two regions in exact same places of sheet 1 and sheet 2, I want to find all cells in the region in sheet 1, with cell content equal to 0, and then add the numbers at the corresponding locations in the region in sheet 2 up. For example, let's say in the region in sheet 1, there are multiple locations where the cell content = 0: A1, B3, C4, D2, etc... I would like to obtain sum(sheet2!A1, sheet2!B3, sheet2!C4, sheet2! D2), etc. How do I do that? I want to write a user customized function for that: The regions in sheet1 and sheet2 are fixed to be D7 to Z20. So the first step is to fi...

Publisher: business name or word in all font styles
I like to create logos and do business graphic design. I would really like to have a tool in Publisher where I could type in the name of the company and have Publisher creat a list in a pop-up or page with it in every font style that is available. If this is already available, sorry - but please let me know how to do it. Publisher 2003 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this li...

Trendline formatting doesn't print or preview properly!?
Folks: Bug? Known issue? Or Operator Error? I notice that in an Excel Chart, if you set the line format of a trendline to one of the dashed formats it has an oddly coarse appearance when viewed in the worksheet window (dashed but messy), any when printed (or viewed in Print View) the line style appears as continuous. The same dashed line formats for regular data series view and print just fine. We've tried this on Excel 2002 and 3, on two different PCs with two entirely different sets of data and excel docs and printing to three different brands of printers. Not sure if printer ...

How can I created numbered ballots using Publisher and excel?
I'm trying to create ballots for an upcoming teachers union election. I want to print the ballots so that each have a different number. I have already created a ballot on Publisher. Is there someway to merge numbers from Excel? My ballots are postcard size and two up. I just posted the solution below in response to another users similar question. Create the number list in Excel and use mail merge to import the list of numbers. Then use the following to print the ballots. Set the document so that the page size is equal to a single ticket. Then under the print menu change the page opti...

Office 2007 missing Arial Rounded font
I have Office 2007 Basic; my son has Office 2007 Educational version; both Windows 7. Microsoft's says that Office 2007 has Arial Rounded, but it is missing on both PCs. Could not find where to install additional fonts from installation DVD. Could not find from Internet search. Tried Repair Install, this did not help. This is my first visit to this newsgroup. Any advice? Please note fonts are dependent on the make and model of your printer. If you have a laser printer with PCL5 or PCL6 and PS capability then you are likely to have most of the fonts on Office 2007. ...

Printing with formulas showing??
Can't remember how to print formulas for a spreadsheet, please can someone help? Thanks Althea --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.536 / Virus Database: 331 - Release Date: 3/11/2003 ctrl + tilde (shift +key left of 1) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "AB" <ocean@wave.co.nz> wrote in message news:bok5je$40h$1@news.wave.co.nz... > Can't remember how to print formulas for a spreadsheet, please can someone > help? > Thanks > Althea > > > --- > Outg...

Change Inline Reply Font -- Outlook 2007
Hello: Everything in my Outlook uses html. I have my reply to settings to indent and say "I said" at the start of the indent. I would like to change the font and format of my inline responses. I can't find this setting anywhere. I thought maybe it was a Word Style but everything shows up as Normal. Where can I find this setting? Thanks. MS Poster <spamaway@nospam.com> wrote: > Everything in my Outlook uses html. I have my reply to settings to > indent and say "I said" at the start of the indent. I would like to > change the font and format of my...

Not Printing All Pages
Hello, I am using Steven's ReporttoPDF function which is working tremendously well for me. However, I am running into an issue for which I cannot find a solution. I have a report that produces a single summary page for each employee in the database. For example, if the particular string returns 35 employees, the report will be 35 pages. I can preview the reports just fine, and for the above example I will see 35 pages in normal preview mode. However, when I print to PDF, only 15 pages get printed. There are not any font issues as each page is identical to the prior page with o...

Starting Adobe Acrobat Reader Publisher install begins
When Adobe Acrobat Reader is requested either by me or a web program, Publisher install program begins. It is always helpful to know the version of Publisher you are using. OFF2000: Windows Installer Appears Every Time a Program Is Started http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;265194 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "AZGardening" <AZGardening@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A03897E9-D215-44B9-8EC9-D85A3B28CC19@microsoft.com... > When Adobe Acrobat Reader is requested...

Excel 2007 file locked by 'another user' on windows 2008 share
I'm sharing Excel and word 2007 files on a SBS2008 server. Alle computers are windows XP with Office 2007 installed. When the users open an excel document they sometimes get File is locked by 'another user'. Disabled & removed antivirus software on server & client but that didn't resolve the issue. When i move the excel file to a Windows Server 2003 share and let the users open the file there they also get the message File is locked by 'username'. But now it mentions the username and not 'by another user', so i guess it has something todo...

Calendar publishing
I need help. We have a small business set up, 3 computers are networked. We route our schedules on outlook calendar on one computer. I want to do whatever I need to make it where all 3 computers can get that calendar and it stays up dated so we can all have the schedule. How do I do this? You need to ask this in an Outlook group news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Codi" <codi@asimseptic.com> wrote in message news:EBD173CD-7BD1-4174-AFF2-1E04B14B1BB9@microsoft.com... >I need help. We have a small business set up,...

Word 2007 Review Comments
I would like to change the font in the comment bubble. Is this possible. If so, how? Change the following styles to your likings: "Comment Text" paragraph style "Balloon Text" paragraph style Yves "Mental1" <Mental1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D41C4B39-1E51-4C0E-B67E-B97A7A8A1F43@microsoft.com... >I would like to change the font in the comment bubble. Is this possible. >If > so, how? ...

Printing vertical text (or not!)
Hi, I've got another printing question. I need to print some vertical text on a printout (entire line of text rotated 90 degrees, not just horizontal letters stacked vertically). I set nEscapement and nOrientation to 900 in my CFont, and the font is rotated correctly, but I can't figure out how to place it on the page. Using DrawText() with DT_CENTER and DT_VCENTER doesn't work - the text prints, but not centered. I also see that if I do a DrawText() with DT_CALCRECT, the resulting rectangle does not correspond to the text if it were printed vertically. That is, it will return...

mail merge from access to publisher
does anyone know how to keep a field that has been mail merged from an access database as currency, as currency. at the moment, i'm getting results such as 1.2235. these aren't being stored in access like this, so why is publisher picking them up like this? Actually, the raw data IS being stored in Access (Excel, too) like that. Access applies filters (like currency, and decimal rounding, etc) when displaying the data. It does not actually modify the stored data. Unfortunately, publisher imports the raw data without the ability to use similar filters. This is especially frustrati...

Formatting Issue Excel 2007 in VB
You have values 1 to 10 in 10 cells. You then apply 2 tone formatting cells based on highest and lowest value with the highest value color being grey and the lowest value white. When doing this the cells will be colored in the various tones of grey to white based on the values of the cells. How do you get the equivalent color values in the conidtional format so that you can use those colors in the normal cell VB formatting. E,g. Cell1.Interior.Color = 15921906 [White] Cells2 ..... Cells 9 Cell10.Interior.Color = 8355711 [Grey] Thus want to programatically determine the color number...

RMS Receipt Printe and Cash Drawer All Messed Up
I'm still trying to get my RMS up and running on a new HP RP3000 POS system. Although my receipt printer printed and cashdrawer popped when I took delivery, it no longer works. I may have stepped on the correct configurations. I've tried to set OPOS codes inside RMS to no avail. I don't know the correct codes. I've also tried the HP Sales Register (simply for testing) and it fails also. Can someone help me get going again please? Thanks, D if they have opos drivers try those. usually solves the problem "DonS" <DonS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

documents will not print
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Greetings, <br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I get an 'invalid format for short nickname' message from my printer. This occurs wether I'm trying to print a new doc. with 2008 Word, or trying to print an old doc. from my 'migrated' 2004 Word Files. I have a Brothers Al-in-0ne MFC=240C. Fax, scan &amp; copy options all work. Any Ideas? Printing is controlled by the system (OS X), not Word. Do you have an up to date driver? Does prin...

Print Error
When printing today's daily calendar all works well, including printing of grouped tasks where they are expanded. When printing a daily calendar for any day other than the current day, grouped tasks that are expanded do not print. Irregardless of the settings, it print a collapsed bar, showing the field name I have grouped by. If I ungroup the tasks, and print a daily calendar tasks print fine. In both instances I have print tasks select within the page set up area. I am running WinXP home, and Outlook 2002 SP-2. All updates are current. On another computer running Win2000 ...

Shortcut no getting created on Windows Vista Desktop
Hi, My application needs to create a shortcut on the desktop, I am using the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft \Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\Desktop" to get the desktop path. Now, all is fine but the shortcut is not getting created on a couple of Windows Vista systems, On investigation I found that the key "Desktop" under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer \Shell Folders" is missing Can anybody throw some light on why this key could be missing ? Regards, Sunil Why not use the documented way to...

IMS will not start
I get these errors when trying to start IMS on Exchange 5.5 SP4 (on NT4 SP6 box) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (X) Could not start Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail Service on \\server. Error 2140: An Internal Windows NT error occured. [ OK ] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Then in Event log; ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ EventID:4003 Source:MSExchangeIMC Type: Error Cat: Initialization/Termination Desc: The Follwoing error occured while trying to retrieve protocol information. (11004) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ EventID:4020 Source:MSExchangeIMC Type: Error Cat: Initialization/Termination Desc: Un...

Printing Banners #3
I can't get publisher to print a banner on banner paper without it trying to tile. The banner is not larger than the banner paper--there is no reason for it to tile. How can I get it to simply print my banner onto banner paper? Setup your printer first. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2369201c45ed5$10b6d8c0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I can't get publisher to print a banner on banner paper > without it trying to tile. The b...

excel 2003 publish to a remote share does not work...
Using Excel 2003. Create a chart and have saved it as a web page and published to a remote share. When I save it locally, it works fine and is interactive,etc.. When I save it remotely and open the htm file in a web browser, it opens like the charting area but the data is not present. Gives error below in the pivot table that appears. Getting error The query could not be processed: o Error opening data file "file://\\remoteserver01\hassan\numbers_files\Numbers_Jan24_12558_cachedata001.xml". Any idea how to fix it ? I want others to access it remotely. Thanks ...

Change excel 2007 default gridline colour
Hi I've been asked the question how to permanently change the excel 2007 gridline colour. I can change it on a sheet by sheet basis in Excel Options > Advanced > Display Options for this worksheet. But I can't see how to make it be the default for all new workbooks Hoping someone out there knows the answer Cheers Grant ...