Publisher 2007 - Print settings no longer retained for each file

We just upgraded to Office 2007. In my old version of Publisher (2003), the
print settings I had assigned to each file were retained in that file--very
handy in Publisher as some of the print settings can get complex at times. I
print to a variety of different printers and have different settings for
print jobs going to each. It appears as if this feature is no longer present.
Is this true or is there some way to retain them? Setting manually can get
time-consuming. Any suggestions?
--
-Sharon.
0

I'm replying to my own post here, but I found the solution! In Publisher
2007, rather than going to "Print" to do the settings, I can go to "Print
Setup" and enter the settings. If I save the file, the settings hold! Hope
this helps someone else!
--
-Sharon.

"Sharon" wrote:

> We just upgraded to Office 2007. In my old version of Publisher (2003), the
> print settings I had assigned to each file were retained in that file--very
> handy in Publisher as some of the print settings can get complex at times. I
> print to a variety of different printers and have different settings for
> print jobs going to each. It appears as if this feature is no longer present.
> Is this true or is there some way to retain them? Setting manually can get
> time-consuming. Any suggestions?
> --
> -Sharon.
0
Sharon1 (141)

file share access to w2k8 host needed from image
hi, i am currently using vs 2005 r2 sp1 on a windows 2008 host machine (secured by ipsec). i now want to have file share access to my host from any image. when i try to run "net share \\<hostmachine>\c$" i do receive an error as following: "the network path was not found". please note: - either image client can access shares on different computers - i can access my host from any other client in network (no virtual one) using "net share \\<hostmachine>\c$" - stop ipsec on host does not change anything so the problem probably has to do with some f...

Convert cvs file to excel file
the CVS file has 1000 records seprated by a comma when I try to open with excel it only take 256 records and places them in a single row I need to have all 1000 records placed in a single column is there a way to convert this file? Open it in Notepad/Wordpad etc and I'm assuming from your text that you will see something like the following:- 17,12,20,19,5,14,20,5,11,3 Do an Edit / Replace and replace , with ; (Replace comma with semi-colon) so that you now have 17;12;20;19;5;14;20;5;11;3 Copy the string and paste into a cell in Excel (Assume cell A1) Now put ={ at the front and ...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

SP3 xp failed to install catalog files during update
i have a fresh install of xp home with linksys wireless drivers, nvidia drivers, avg free and essential ms updates installed up to service pack 3 and nothing else installed. it downloaded the sp3 and started the install procedure the progress bar makes it to about a 3rd of the way through then gives me a message that it failed to install catalogue files there is no error code that went with the message. has anybody seen this happen yet? is there anything i can do? NOTE: *** IF Internet Explorer 7 or 8 are installed, UNinstall it now before applying SP3. Reinstall it afterwards...

publisher #74

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

utility to browse read-only PST files?
Everyone, Since Outlook refuses to browse through read-only PST files (yes, I know this is by design, and I still find it stupid that for read-only files it does not revert to basic functionality of just browsing through the mails, without the need to update any meta-data such as sort order etc.), does anybody know of any 3rd party utility that can do this job? greetings, Tom I don't think any util will open them since I think the lower level APIs demand they be read-write. <tomtorfs@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1134989524.109196.243610@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >...

access 2007 01-29-08
Is Access 2007 still in beta or fairly new? I just downloaded a trial. I am wondering if most enterprise level companies are still on Access 2003? Would you suggest developing a database in 2007 if the customer doesn't have a preference? It looks like it just has a new interface but it is basically the same as 2003? The other question I have is about quality assurance. Is there any tips on the MVP's site or is it in any books. I have the access 2003 inside and out book which was good but it is slow reading through examples. Should I get the 2007 book? thanks, ...

Sending Publisher Files

problem in use money files after change of hard disc
I have using money since 1990 with constant updates, my latest update was in 2005. Recently my hard disc crashed and I have to change for a new hard disc, after install money, I was unable to open my money files which run satisfactorily before the crash. When I try to run openthe file it always says "the file is created by an older version of money, money will save a copy of the file and upgrade you file for use by the program". Then after a while a message apear saying that "money is unable to acess your file .....". Can any one help me. I have run the same file...

Runtime Error in Excel 2007
Runtime Error in Excel 2007 Everytime I open a .xls file I get a message that says Runtime Error R6025-pure virtual function call and when I click OK the program closes down. Unable to work on any files. I have installed all the updates available. Any help is appreciated. Curiously enough this seems to be related to Internet Explorer. Fwiw: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/925418 -- Jim "L J McKenney" <ljmac22@msn.net> wrote in message news:990a5590f5cb43209a29b135a7486f7f@ureader.com... | Runtime Error in Excel 2007 | | Everytime I open a .xls file ...

Modify Font on Link Bar Buttons Set default Font for entire Site
1. I have used Web Component Link Bar graphical style based on the 'Satin' theme. It seems to use font Verdana size 10 pt. I want to letters smaller using Tahoma 10 pt. 2. I went to Insert Web Component window, selected the block of four 'Satin' bars, found no way to modify 3. I had already gone to Tools, Page Options, Default Fonts, set Design View Fonts Tahoma and and Code View Font Tahoma size 10. Here I had no option to set size for Design View. How can I set uniform font Tahoma size 10 throughout the Site for all pages existing and future in one stroke? ...

Publisher 2000 #23

Set Element Prefix when serializing a class
I am serializing a class and want to set the prefix on the elements. This is the element I am getting when I serialize the class. <d1p1:Header> and I would like to set the prefix "d1p1" to someting else. How do I do this. Thank you -- Jerry Jerry C wrote: > I am serializing a class and want to set the prefix on the elements. > This is the element I am getting when I serialize the class. > <d1p1:Header> and I would like to set the prefix "d1p1" to someting else. > How do I do this. Here is an example in C#: XmlSerializerNamespaces...

Compare Sets
I need to compare sets of data in two different spreadsheets in two different columns labeled the same, "Grant Number". We are trying to accomplish two conditions: 1. Are there any duplicates or triplicates 2. Are there grant numbers that appear in one column and not in the other and provide the grant number that appears in one and not in the other. Fred Davis provided a function but I have a value error based on his formula. See one more guess at your other post. Alice wrote: > > I need to compare sets of data in two different > spreadsheets in two different c...

Stop a file from automatically opening in Excel 2000
How do you stop a file from automatically opening in Excel 2000? This file does not exist and there is nothing in the XLStart folder. Tools>options>general and uncheck ignore other applications -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Brenda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15e0501c4472a$7284c980$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do you stop a file from automatically opening in Excel > 2000? This file does not exist and there is nothing in > the XLStart folder. If you've ente...

Project Standard 2007 and its SP1 and SP2
Hello, Could you confirm that we can install the SP2 over the fresh install of Project Std 2007 without the step of installing SP1? Thanks ahead Hi, Yes, SP2 includes all fixes and updates until Feb 2009 (I think). -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com "Xiao" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:e0FJrDH3KHA.4540@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Could you confirm that we can install the SP2 over the fresh inst...

Excel 2007 data from SQL, loses GUID
In Excel 2007, when I get external data (Data/From Other Sources/SQL Server), and select a table from SQL 2005 server that has a uniqueidentifer column as the first column, the retrieved data doesn't have this column in Excel. I can't seem to fix this. I'm trying to mess with about 30 records of data in a spreadsheet, and I temporarily need the GUID in the spreadsheet (to link some other tables together). What's up with this? Where is this behavior controllable, or documented? Thanks. David Walker ...

Define the size of an Excel Chart (Office 2007)??
Hi All, I'm connecting an Excel File to SQL DB, pulling some data into a Pivot Table, create a Pivot Chart and publish it to an Excel Service in Sharepoint.... everything works fine, but I have a problem defining the size of the chart.... how can I define the size of the chart??? if I "right click" in the Chart area, under "Format Chart Area" I cannot find any property about the size or dimension... how can I do it??? thanks and sorry for the "silly" question... thanks Vit ...

Publisher 2003

Outlook 2007 calendar
I lost many scheduled items after a sync with my BB. Can I retrieve them from a backup ost or pst file? or is there an easier way? Also, can I keep ALL schedule items, even those more than 2 years old? thanks, Phil Phil;111477 Wrote: > I lost many scheduled items after a sync with my BB. Can I retrieve them > from a backup ost or pst file? or is there an easier way? Sure, if you made such a backup. > Also, can I keep ALL schedule items, even those more than 2 years old? Outlook never deletes past events unless you've specifically configured it to do so by ena...

upgrade publisher