Publisher 2003- message - Publisher cannot open the file

I have used Publisher for a 120+ page "news letter" for the past 5 years.
Upgraded to 2003 early last year.  Have had a problem with fonts changing
indescriminately (no sollution as yet).  Latest problem - having spent many
hours on a new document which includes grafics and text -  I received the
message - Publisher cannot open the file.
HELP PLEASE

Surely after 5 years you have a backup or two.
It is never a good idea to use the same document over and over without re-saving
it with a new name.
Maybe you have a copy in a temporary folder
Type %temp% in the address bar of Windows Explorer, look for a file with a pub
prefix. Change the .tmp extension to .pub and see if you can open it.

How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198256/en-us

I am willing to try to open it, zip it up and send it to:
mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Promenader" <Promenader@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have used Publisher for a 120+ page "news letter" for the past 5 years.
> Upgraded to 2003 early last year.  Have had a problem with fonts changing
> indescriminately (no sollution as yet).  Latest problem - having spent many
> hours on a new document which includes grafics and text -  I received the
> message - Publisher cannot open the file.
> HELP PLEASE

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Convert cvs file to excel file
the CVS file has 1000 records seprated by a comma when I try to open with excel it only take 256 records and places them in a single row I need to have all 1000 records placed in a single column is there a way to convert this file? Open it in Notepad/Wordpad etc and I'm assuming from your text that you will see something like the following:- 17,12,20,19,5,14,20,5,11,3 Do an Edit / Replace and replace , with ; (Replace comma with semi-colon) so that you now have 17;12;20;19;5;14;20;5;11;3 Copy the string and paste into a cell in Excel (Assume cell A1) Now put ={ at the front and ...

file share access to w2k8 host needed from image
hi, i am currently using vs 2005 r2 sp1 on a windows 2008 host machine (secured by ipsec). i now want to have file share access to my host from any image. when i try to run "net share \\<hostmachine>\c$" i do receive an error as following: "the network path was not found". please note: - either image client can access shares on different computers - i can access my host from any other client in network (no virtual one) using "net share \\<hostmachine>\c$" - stop ipsec on host does not change anything so the problem probably has to do with some f...

Outlook 2003 and Groupwise
Anybody have any idea on how to get Outlook 2003 to quit hanging/ not responding when using a Novell Groupwise Transport Provider ie groupwise 6.5. It pretty much hangs everytime. I have set up the Novell Default Profile etc reinstalled outlook and Groupwise multiple times. Please Help... Thanks I see you have not had any replies, I am having the same problem. Both GroupWise 6.5 and Outlook 2003 are screwed up. I'm waiting for a patch from Novell or Microsoft because it seems like a conflict in the messaging subsystem that I am not able to resolve. In the mean time I'm usin...

OWA and two exchange 2003 server
I have two 2003 exchange servers that both contain mailboxes. When users log into OWA that is hosted on my mx2 server, if their mailboxes are on the mx1 server they can not access from the outside because I only allow access to the mx2 server for now. I am in the process of moving mailboxes from mx2 to mx1 which will be my final hardware platform, but in the meantime users are compalining about the OWA. I can't make the mx2 server a FE because I still have mailboxes on that server. Any suggestions? 2 ways to do this: 1. allow access to MX1 (A record in external DNS, make neces...

Order of Parent / Child WM_PAINT messages
I have a parent window (CFormView) that contains child controls (such as CEdit, CButton, etc...). I need to do some drawing in the parent window after all the child controls are painted. Currently, the parent receives WM_PAINT first, and then all of the child controls are painted over what I just drew in the parent window. How do I know when all of the child controls are done painting so I can then draw in the parent? Changing z order of the parent doesn't seem to help. Thanks. Timothy Dean They happen in some order. There is no reason to assume any order dependency exists...

Can Money 2003 Deluxe Import directly from Quicken files?
I had Quicken (2002, I think) installed on my old desktop and I added my old hard drive to a new system. However, I'm unable to find the install disk for Quicken, so I'm stuck with all my data in a set of Quicken files. There is a good deal now for Money 2003 Deluxe but it only works for me if it can directly accept or import these Quicken files, not some more generically formatted export file Does anyone know if this will work TIA In microsoft.public.money, jer042000 wrote: >I had Quicken (2002, I think) installed on my old desktop and I added my old hard drive to a new syste...

SP3 xp failed to install catalog files during update
i have a fresh install of xp home with linksys wireless drivers, nvidia drivers, avg free and essential ms updates installed up to service pack 3 and nothing else installed. it downloaded the sp3 and started the install procedure the progress bar makes it to about a 3rd of the way through then gives me a message that it failed to install catalogue files there is no error code that went with the message. has anybody seen this happen yet? is there anything i can do? NOTE: *** IF Internet Explorer 7 or 8 are installed, UNinstall it now before applying SP3. Reinstall it afterwards...

Outlook does screwy things when moving some messages to different folders
This is Outlook 2000, but I believe the problem is common to all versions of Outlook. When ever I select a single e-mail or a group of e-mails and then try to move them to a different folder, I've got a 50-50 chance that instead of moving them, outlook will open a new e-mail composition window and throw the message(s) being moved into the new message as an attachment. At that point, the messages are basically lost, because I can't undo that action. If I simply try to close the new message composition window, outlook won't return the attached messages back to where they came from...

Outlook 2003 does not "remember' previous email addresses when you type in their first name
Gurus, Using Outlook 2003. I thought Outlook 2003 "remembered" previous email addresses you typed? With people I've emailed before, I'll type their first name and Outlook pops up their address. However, my supervisor also running Outlook 2003 has to manually bring up the address book or type the last name for which Outlook will pop up the correct suggestion(s). He has enabled the following: Tools - Options - Email Options - Advanced Email Options - Suggest names while completing To, Cc, and Bcc fields My supervisor tested this. When he unchecks that box, the automa...

utility to browse read-only PST files?
Everyone, Since Outlook refuses to browse through read-only PST files (yes, I know this is by design, and I still find it stupid that for read-only files it does not revert to basic functionality of just browsing through the mails, without the need to update any meta-data such as sort order etc.), does anybody know of any 3rd party utility that can do this job? greetings, Tom I don't think any util will open them since I think the lower level APIs demand they be read-write. <tomtorfs@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1134989524.109196.243610@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >...

Conditional Formatting Excel 2003
Need for conditional formatting to be TRUE if a cell is equal to any of several cells. Trying to use conditional formatting formula in cell A20: =IF(G20=J$8:J $12,TRUE,FALSE) so as to have the condition (color condition for A20) to be true. G20 contains the letter "E," and J8 through J12 contain C-, D+, D, D- and E. This does not work The condition works fine for single cell comparatives as follows: =IF (G20=J$12,TRUE,FALSE), where J12 contains an "E" and G20 likewise contains an E. I tried naming the range of cells containing the letters (LowRatings) and used the foll...

Cash Flow Forecast stopped working on Money 2003
I've been using Money since the first version and am now on 2003. Yesterday, the cash flow forecast won't work anymore. Every time I click on the "Forecast Cash Flow" button on the Scheduled Bills and Deposits page I get the following message: "Please create at least on checking, savings, or cash account before you go to the cash flow forecast". I've checked my accounts and they're all functioning properly. And my archived files (I do an archive after every year) work properly - IE the cash flow forecast works. So it must be some problem with my mo...

File Not Found dialogue
Excel 2000 Do you know why the annoying "File Not Found" dialog box shows up? This happens when I move a few of the work sheets out of my main spreadsheet, which contains about 25 worksheets. In other words, I create a smaller file by exporting just 3 worksheets that are part of a large file that contains about 25 worksheets. If I click the "X" (File Close) button several times, the annoying dialog boxes finally go away, only to re-appear the next time I open the small file. The worksheets that I want to use to create the small file were originally prod...

problem in use money files after change of hard disc
I have using money since 1990 with constant updates, my latest update was in 2005. Recently my hard disc crashed and I have to change for a new hard disc, after install money, I was unable to open my money files which run satisfactorily before the crash. When I try to run openthe file it always says "the file is created by an older version of money, money will save a copy of the file and upgrade you file for use by the program". Then after a while a message apear saying that "money is unable to acess your file .....". Can any one help me. I have run the same file...

OL 2003 and Block Senders List
In OL XP, I could select several emails from my InBox and put them in my Junk Email senders list. OL 2003 doesn't seem to have that feature. While OL2003 seems to do a better job of handling Junk (on the high setting), I still get lots of junk that I need to block. Any solutions? ...

Deleting multiple attachments in a 2003 message
In Outlook 2000, when you received an email with 20 attachments, you could select them all and click the delete button to remove them from the message at one time. In Outlook 2003, the only way seems to be by clicking each attachment individually, right clicking it and the clicking remove off of the menu one at a time. Is there an easier way? Jeffrey L ...

Outlook 2002
This just started today. Outlook opens ok to the Outlook Today view and does a send / receive (I'm on DSL). When I click on a shortcut to any folder, i.e. Inbox, I get a quick view of that folder but then a page displays that says "Search results for "outlook:Inbox" Sorry, your keywords did not match any results. Please try again. On the address line it shows "http://www.jraun.com/search.php? search=outlook:Inbox" Any ideas If you click the folder names in the Folder List instead of the Outlook Bar, do the folders open successfully? -- Jocelyn ...

Global Address List disappear in Outlook 2003 #2
Dear all, We had just upgraded our clients' PC to Outlook 2003, in conjunction with Exchange 5.5. From time to time, when the user click on the Address Book icon inside Outlook, the Global Address list that reside on the right pulldown menu disappear. Restarting Outlook can solve the problem. What causes this behaviour? Regards, Michael ...

pop3 email in exchange 2003
Our email server is at an ISP with a few different pop3 accounts. I have setup pop3 accounts in exchange2003 on SBS2003, to receive email in to individual mailboxes. The outgoing mail server is an smtp server at a different ISP. How do I make the exchange server leave a copy of all the emails received for a few days, in the email server? (In outlook express, there is an option to do so.) Right now, without setting such an option, no one receives any email when they try to access it directly from the webserver (through outlook express or webmail.emailservername from home)! Please ...

saving excel file with it's add in
Hi, I have an Excel file that uses a formula from an add in installed in m computer (*.xla). How can I save the project including the add in in order to use it i another computer that doesn't have the add in. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Do you really mean that your workbook uses a function that's in the addin? If yes, I think you have two choices. #1. Take the addin with you (and install it on the other pc). #2. Extract the code/procedure for that function from the addin and put it in your workbook. (If the addin's project is protected, then thi...

lotus notes and outlook 2003
I have outlook 2003 When someone sends me a request for an appointment from lotus notes, the request breaks down into code and I cant decipher it. Thanks Notes support must be supported on the mail server as well. Do you connect to an Exchange server? I don't have the details available at the moment but I'm sute they can help you in the Exchange newsgroup. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "eyecare" <eyecare@discussions.micros...

Access 97 to Access 2003 DataBase conversion 08-30-07
Hi, We work in a mostly french environment. We have a standard image using MUI Microsoft products (XP and Office 2003 are MUI) Since the convertion of an ACCESS 97 BD into Access 2003, we experience a sort sequence problem when using: DoCmd.Openform or DoCmd.ApplyFilter A selection on a name like "Cot�" will return no record. Asking for "Cote" will return all records including "Cot�". I suspect a problem with MUI (multi-user interface) but I did not find any recommandation at Microsoft. Thanks. "Jacques Tr�panier" <zx_jacques@hotmail.com>...

Outlook 2003 quits (error) when started
Hi, I just installed Outlook 2003 and installed the service pack for it. But whenever I start Outlook up, it automatically checks my email accounts, and whenever it does that, it errors. It also makes duplicate copies of emails in my inbox. Here is the error msg I get: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp:408f2937 ModName: msvcrt.dll ModVer: 7.0.2600.0 ModStamp:3b7dfe39 fDebug: 0 Offset: 000320bc Anybody have a solution? Thanks sac16@comcast.net, Just a suggestion, but try setting your polling time to 5 minutes or more. This may help. Chri...

How to get name of currently opened Outlook(2003) profile
Hi All, Can any one suggest how to get currently opened outlook profile programatically . I am using Outlook 2003. Please suggest any solution other than redemption. Thanks in advance. The best you could do is use the namespace.currentuser property to get the name of the user currently logged on. Outlook 2007's object model exposes the name of the Outlook profile. The only other thing I can think of is to enumerate the registry for Outlook profile names. "Stop method of Sync object is not workin" <StopmethodofSyncobjectisnotworkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Excel 2007 does not display graphics correctly from a Excel 2003
Excel 2007 does not display graphics correctly from a Excel 2003 file. The file is opened in Compatibility Mode. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated... Hi, I have had Excel 2003 file with chart that displayed incorrectly in Excel 2007. To the best of my knowledge, my particular problems were submitted by Jon Peltier to Microsoft as a bug. They involved color problems, and legend problems in an area chart. However, I have been told that they were not a compatibility problem, but I can't tell you what the issue was if not that. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "sleep...