Publisher 2003 labels to PDF

Friend, who does not have Publisher, asked me to make a sheet of labels using
Avery L7163 label template in Publisher 2003, and send the results to her as
a PDF. I went to File, Page Setup, Layout Tab, Label, and selected the
required template. I know only the one label shows on screen and to go to
PrintPreview to see all labels on the sheet. I have PrimoPDF driver installed
and where I can normally print my Publisher documents to the PDF, it won't
allow me to do so with the label template, giving me an error message "The
paper type cannot be changed for this type of label". As the sheet of labels
print out okay on my printer from Publisher, I can't understand why it won't
print to a PDF when my other Publisher documents will. Any suggestions
appreciated.
Lindy

0
Lindy (21)

I believe primopdf is unable to do a sheet of labels.  I use PDF-XChange for
my pdf creations and it creates a sheet of return labels from a single label
in the Publisher file.

If interested in PDF-XChange visit:

http://www.docu-track.com/downloads/users/

I'd offer to create your file but I'm a user of Publisher 2000 and unable to
open 2003 files.  If you wish to save the file as a Publisher 2000 file and
send it to me I create the pdf file for you.

dschmidt AT pacifier DOT com

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Lindy" <Lindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Friend, who does not have Publisher, asked me to make a sheet of labels
> using
> Avery L7163 label template in Publisher 2003, and send the results to her
> as
> a PDF. I went to File, Page Setup, Layout Tab, Label, and selected the
> required template. I know only the one label shows on screen and to go to
> PrintPreview to see all labels on the sheet. I have PrimoPDF driver
> installed
> and where I can normally print my Publisher documents to the PDF, it won't
> allow me to do so with the label template, giving me an error message "The
> paper type cannot be changed for this type of label". As the sheet of
> labels
> print out okay on my printer from Publisher, I can't understand why it
> won't
> print to a PDF when my other Publisher documents will. Any suggestions
> appreciated.
> Lindy

0
Engineer5094 (821)
12/4/2007 7:51:34 AM
Thank you, Don, I have emailed to you attaching as a Publisher 2000 file.
Lindy

"Don Schmidt" wrote:

> I believe primopdf is unable to do a sheet of labels.  I use PDF-XChange for
> my pdf creations and it creates a sheet of return labels from a single label
> in the Publisher file.
>
> If interested in PDF-XChange visit:
>
> http://www.docu-track.com/downloads/users/
>
> I'd offer to create your file but I'm a user of Publisher 2000 and unable to
> open 2003 files.  If you wish to save the file as a Publisher 2000 file and
> send it to me I create the pdf file for you.
>
> dschmidt AT pacifier DOT com
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "Lindy" <Lindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Friend, who does not have Publisher, asked me to make a sheet of labels
> > using
> > Avery L7163 label template in Publisher 2003, and send the results to her
> > as
> > a PDF. I went to File, Page Setup, Layout Tab, Label, and selected the
> > required template. I know only the one label shows on screen and to go to
> > PrintPreview to see all labels on the sheet. I have PrimoPDF driver
> > installed
> > and where I can normally print my Publisher documents to the PDF, it won't
> > allow me to do so with the label template, giving me an error message "The
> > paper type cannot be changed for this type of label". As the sheet of
> > labels
> > print out okay on my printer from Publisher, I can't understand why it
> > won't
> > print to a PDF when my other Publisher documents will. Any suggestions
> > appreciated.
> > Lindy

0
Lindy (21)
12/4/2007 9:14:01 AM
Standing by for the mail.

--

> Thank you, Don, I have emailed to you attaching as a Publisher 2000 file.
> Lindy
>
> "Don Schmidt" wrote:
>
>> I believe primopdf is unable to do a sheet of labels.  I use PDF-XChange
>> for
>> my pdf creations and it creates a sheet of return labels from a single
>> label
>> in the Publisher file.
>>
>> If interested in PDF-XChange visit:
>>
>> http://www.docu-track.com/downloads/users/
>>
>> I'd offer to create your file but I'm a user of Publisher 2000 and unable
>> open 2003 files.  If you wish to save the file as a Publisher 2000 file
>> and
>> send it to me I create the pdf file for you.
>>
>> dschmidt AT pacifier DOT com
>>

>> --
>> Don
>> Vancouver, USA
>>

>> "Lindy" <Lindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Friend, who does not have Publisher, asked me to make a sheet of labels
>> > using
>> > Avery L7163 label template in Publisher 2003, and send the results to
>> > her
>> > as
>> > a PDF. I went to File, Page Setup, Layout Tab, Label, and selected the
>> > required template. I know only the one label shows on screen and to go
>> > PrintPreview to see all labels on the sheet. I have PrimoPDF driver
>> > installed
>> > and where I can normally print my Publisher documents to the PDF, it
>> > won't
>> > allow me to do so with the label template, giving me an error message
>> > "The
>> > paper type cannot be changed for this type of label". As the sheet of
>> > labels
>> > print out okay on my printer from Publisher, I can't understand why it
>> > won't
>> > print to a PDF when my other Publisher documents will. Any suggestions
>> > appreciated.
>> > Lindy

0
Engineer5094 (821)
12/4/2007 2:42:12 PM
Don, it was returned to me as User Unknown. I confirm I used the email
address as follows, where I inserted the @ and . as required.

"Don Schmidt" wrote:

> Standing by for the mail.
>
> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "Lindy" <Lindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you, Don, I have emailed to you attaching as a Publisher 2000 file.
> > Lindy
> >
> > "Don Schmidt" wrote:
> >
> >> I believe primopdf is unable to do a sheet of labels.  I use PDF-XChange
> >> for
> >> my pdf creations and it creates a sheet of return labels from a single
> >> label
> >> in the Publisher file.
> >>
> >> If interested in PDF-XChange visit:
> >>
> >> http://www.docu-track.com/downloads/users/
> >>
> >> I'd offer to create your file but I'm a user of Publisher 2000 and unable
> >> open 2003 files.  If you wish to save the file as a Publisher 2000 file
> >> and
> >> send it to me I create the pdf file for you.
> >>
> >> dschmidt AT pacifier DOT com
> >>

> >> --
> >> Don
> >> Vancouver, USA
> >>

> >> "Lindy" <Lindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Lindy (21)
12/4/2007 9:24:01 PM
Lindy,

Try it again.  My spam blocker may have tagged it as spam and I
inadvertently bounced it.  Give it another try.  I'll be more careful.

--

> Don, it was returned to me as User Unknown. I confirm I used the email
> address as follows, where I inserted the @ and . as required.
> dschmidt AT pacifier DOT com
> Lindy
>
> "Don Schmidt" wrote:
>
>> Standing by for the mail.
>>
>> --
>> Don
>> Vancouver, USA
>>

>> "Lindy" <Lindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thank you, Don, I have emailed to you attaching as a Publisher 2000
>> > file.
>> > Lindy

0
Engineer5094 (821)
12/4/2007 10:33:42 PM
Don,
OK. Doing so now.
Lindy

"Don Schmidt" wrote:

> Lindy,
>
> Try it again.  My spam blocker may have tagged it as spam and I
> inadvertently bounced it.  Give it another try.  I'll be more careful.
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "Lindy" <Lindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Don, it was returned to me as User Unknown. I confirm I used the email
> > address as follows, where I inserted the @ and . as required.
> > dschmidt AT pacifier DOT com
> > Lindy
> >
> > "Don Schmidt" wrote:
> >
> >> Standing by for the mail.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Don
> >> Vancouver, USA
> >>

> >> "Lindy" <Lindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Lindy (21)
12/4/2007 10:55:02 PM
For those following this thread, Don has converted my label file to PDF and
it works fine.  Thank you, Don, you have saved me the frustration of figuring
the measurements to set it up myself. Much obliged. I am yet another
satisfied "customer" of this forum.
Lindy

"Lindy" wrote:

> Don,
> OK. Doing so now.
> Lindy
>

> "Don Schmidt" wrote:
>
> > Lindy,
> >
> > Try it again.  My spam blocker may have tagged it as spam and I
> > inadvertently bounced it.  Give it another try.  I'll be more careful.
> >

> > --
> > Don
> > Vancouver, USA
> >

> > "Lindy" <Lindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Don, it was returned to me as User Unknown. I confirm I used the email
> > > address as follows, where I inserted the @ and . as required.
> > > dschmidt AT pacifier DOT com
> > > Lindy

0
Lindy (21)
12/4/2007 11:24:00 PM
The thanks should go to PDF-XChange which created the file.  It also
automatically identified your file as an Ax (4? 5? whatever).

--

> For those following this thread, Don has converted my label file to PDF
> and
> it works fine.  Thank you, Don, you have saved me the frustration of
> figuring
> the measurements to set it up myself. Much obliged. I am yet another
> satisfied "customer" of this forum.
> Lindy
>

> "Lindy" wrote:
>
>> Don,
>> OK. Doing so now.
>> Lindy
>>

>> "Don Schmidt" wrote:
>>
>> > Lindy,
>> >
>> > Try it again.  My spam blocker may have tagged it as spam and I
>> > inadvertently bounced it.  Give it another try.  I'll be more careful.
>> >

>> > --
>> > Don
>> > Vancouver, USA
>> >

>> > "Lindy" <Lindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Engineer5094 (821)

Outlook 2003 and Groupwise
Anybody have any idea on how to get Outlook 2003 to quit hanging/ not responding when using a Novell Groupwise Transport Provider ie groupwise 6.5. It pretty much hangs everytime. I have set up the Novell Default Profile etc reinstalled outlook and Groupwise multiple times. Please Help... Thanks I see you have not had any replies, I am having the same problem. Both GroupWise 6.5 and Outlook 2003 are screwed up. I'm waiting for a patch from Novell or Microsoft because it seems like a conflict in the messaging subsystem that I am not able to resolve. In the mean time I'm usin...

OWA and two exchange 2003 server
I have two 2003 exchange servers that both contain mailboxes. When users log into OWA that is hosted on my mx2 server, if their mailboxes are on the mx1 server they can not access from the outside because I only allow access to the mx2 server for now. I am in the process of moving mailboxes from mx2 to mx1 which will be my final hardware platform, but in the meantime users are compalining about the OWA. I can't make the mx2 server a FE because I still have mailboxes on that server. Any suggestions? 2 ways to do this: 1. allow access to MX1 (A record in external DNS, make neces...

Can Money 2003 Deluxe Import directly from Quicken files?
I had Quicken (2002, I think) installed on my old desktop and I added my old hard drive to a new system. However, I'm unable to find the install disk for Quicken, so I'm stuck with all my data in a set of Quicken files. There is a good deal now for Money 2003 Deluxe but it only works for me if it can directly accept or import these Quicken files, not some more generically formatted export file Does anyone know if this will work TIA In microsoft.public.money, jer042000 wrote: >I had Quicken (2002, I think) installed on my old desktop and I added my old hard drive to a new syste...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

publisher #74

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Outlook 2003 does not "remember' previous email addresses when you type in their first name
Gurus, Using Outlook 2003. I thought Outlook 2003 "remembered" previous email addresses you typed? With people I've emailed before, I'll type their first name and Outlook pops up their address. However, my supervisor also running Outlook 2003 has to manually bring up the address book or type the last name for which Outlook will pop up the correct suggestion(s). He has enabled the following: Tools - Options - Email Options - Advanced Email Options - Suggest names while completing To, Cc, and Bcc fields My supervisor tested this. When he unchecks that box, the automa...

Conditional Formatting Excel 2003
Need for conditional formatting to be TRUE if a cell is equal to any of several cells. Trying to use conditional formatting formula in cell A20: =IF(G20=J$8:J $12,TRUE,FALSE) so as to have the condition (color condition for A20) to be true. G20 contains the letter "E," and J8 through J12 contain C-, D+, D, D- and E. This does not work The condition works fine for single cell comparatives as follows: =IF (G20=J$12,TRUE,FALSE), where J12 contains an "E" and G20 likewise contains an E. I tried naming the range of cells containing the letters (LowRatings) and used the foll...

Cash Flow Forecast stopped working on Money 2003
I've been using Money since the first version and am now on 2003. Yesterday, the cash flow forecast won't work anymore. Every time I click on the "Forecast Cash Flow" button on the Scheduled Bills and Deposits page I get the following message: "Please create at least on checking, savings, or cash account before you go to the cash flow forecast". I've checked my accounts and they're all functioning properly. And my archived files (I do an archive after every year) work properly - IE the cash flow forecast works. So it must be some problem with my mo...

Sending Publisher Files

OL 2003 and Block Senders List
In OL XP, I could select several emails from my InBox and put them in my Junk Email senders list. OL 2003 doesn't seem to have that feature. While OL2003 seems to do a better job of handling Junk (on the high setting), I still get lots of junk that I need to block. Any solutions? ...

Publisher 2000 #23

Deleting multiple attachments in a 2003 message
In Outlook 2000, when you received an email with 20 attachments, you could select them all and click the delete button to remove them from the message at one time. In Outlook 2003, the only way seems to be by clicking each attachment individually, right clicking it and the clicking remove off of the menu one at a time. Is there an easier way? Jeffrey L ...

Global Address List disappear in Outlook 2003 #2
Dear all, We had just upgraded our clients' PC to Outlook 2003, in conjunction with Exchange 5.5. From time to time, when the user click on the Address Book icon inside Outlook, the Global Address list that reside on the right pulldown menu disappear. Restarting Outlook can solve the problem. What causes this behaviour? Regards, Michael ...

Publisher 2003

upgrade publisher

pop3 email in exchange 2003
Our email server is at an ISP with a few different pop3 accounts. I have setup pop3 accounts in exchange2003 on SBS2003, to receive email in to individual mailboxes. The outgoing mail server is an smtp server at a different ISP. How do I make the exchange server leave a copy of all the emails received for a few days, in the email server? (In outlook express, there is an option to do so.) Right now, without setting such an option, no one receives any email when they try to access it directly from the webserver (through outlook express or webmail.emailservername from home)! Please ...

lotus notes and outlook 2003
I have outlook 2003 When someone sends me a request for an appointment from lotus notes, the request breaks down into code and I cant decipher it. Thanks Notes support must be supported on the mail server as well. Do you connect to an Exchange server? I don't have the details available at the moment but I'm sute they can help you in the Exchange newsgroup. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "eyecare" <eyecare@discussions.micros...

Microsoft Publisher ?

Outlook 2003 quits (error) when started
Hi, I just installed Outlook 2003 and installed the service pack for it. But whenever I start Outlook up, it automatically checks my email accounts, and whenever it does that, it errors. It also makes duplicate copies of emails in my inbox. Here is the error msg I get: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp:408f2937 ModName: msvcrt.dll ModVer: 7.0.2600.0 ModStamp:3b7dfe39 fDebug: 0 Offset: 000320bc Anybody have a solution? Thanks sac16@comcast.net, Just a suggestion, but try setting your polling time to 5 minutes or more. This may help. Chri...

Access 97 to Access 2003 DataBase conversion 08-30-07
Hi, We work in a mostly french environment. We have a standard image using MUI Microsoft products (XP and Office 2003 are MUI) Since the convertion of an ACCESS 97 BD into Access 2003, we experience a sort sequence problem when using: DoCmd.Openform or DoCmd.ApplyFilter A selection on a name like "Cot�" will return no record. Asking for "Cote" will return all records including "Cot�". I suspect a problem with MUI (multi-user interface) but I did not find any recommandation at Microsoft. Thanks. "Jacques Tr�panier" <zx_jacques@hotmail.com>...

How to get name of currently opened Outlook(2003) profile
Hi All, Can any one suggest how to get currently opened outlook profile programatically . I am using Outlook 2003. Please suggest any solution other than redemption. Thanks in advance. The best you could do is use the namespace.currentuser property to get the name of the user currently logged on. Outlook 2007's object model exposes the name of the Outlook profile. The only other thing I can think of is to enumerate the registry for Outlook profile names. "Stop method of Sync object is not workin" <StopmethodofSyncobjectisnotworkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...