Publisher 2003 - Error 1304

I recently uninstalled norton, added macafee, did a compression and defrag
and may have deleted a file or two . . . :P  Anyway, now when I try to open
Publisher or a Publisher file from explorer, I get the error 1304 message
asking if I have access to program files/microsoft
office/office11/1033/ppintl.dll.

I have access to this file and can see it from explorer.  How do I correct
this issue so I can run Publisher again?

Thanks in advance for helping this noob!

Operating System? Publisher Version?

By the way, left the frying pan (Nortong) and jumped into the fire (McAfee)
eh!

"Scott Krebs" <ScottKrebs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently uninstalled norton, added macafee, did a compression and defrag
> and may have deleted a file or two . . . :P  Anyway, now when I try to
> open
> Publisher or a Publisher file from explorer, I get the error 1304 message
> asking if I have access to program files/microsoft
> office/office11/1033/ppintl.dll.
>
> I have access to this file and can see it from explorer.  How do I correct
> this issue so I can run Publisher again?
>
> Thanks in advance for helping this noob!

0
Anthemwebs (309)
6/20/2007 1:44:59 AM
Is the file on your CD? Rename the ppintl.dll to ppintl.old and drag a new
instance from your CD to the proper folder. Do you have a default printer
selected?
This error usually is indicative of a faulty or dirty CD.
Norton has a tool on their website that completely removes their anti-virus
software.
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nsw.nsf/docid/2001091013435207?OpenDocument&seg=hm&lg=en&ct=us
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Scott Krebs" <ScottKrebs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently uninstalled norton, added macafee, did a compression and defrag
> and may have deleted a file or two . . . :P  Anyway, now when I try to open
> Publisher or a Publisher file from explorer, I get the error 1304 message
> asking if I have access to program files/microsoft
> office/office11/1033/ppintl.dll.
>
> I have access to this file and can see it from explorer.  How do I correct
> this issue so I can run Publisher again?
>
> Thanks in advance for helping this noob!

0
mary-sauer (6480)
6/20/2007 8:44:29 AM
Windows XP Professional, Microsoft Publisher 2003 ver. ?

I tried Mary's suggestion about renaming the ppintl.dll file to ppintl.old
and received an error message stating that it could not be deleted due to
cyclical redundancy.  I have uninstalled MS Office Small Business Edition (so
I don't know the Publisher version), however, ppintl.dll and morph9.dll are
are still in the 1033 folder and cannot be deleted due to the same cyclical
redundancy issue.  Also, my system bogs way down just trying to open this
folder.

The Publisher program has worked fine until just recently.  Looking at the
file properties for the ppintl.dll file shows that it was last modified
4/7/07.  I'm not sure why that would be.

Thanks again.

Scott

"Charles W Davis" wrote:

> Operating System? Publisher Version?
>
> By the way, left the frying pan (Nortong) and jumped into the fire (McAfee)
> eh!
>

> "Scott Krebs" <ScottKrebs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I recently uninstalled norton, added macafee, did a compression and defrag
> > and may have deleted a file or two . . . :P  Anyway, now when I try to
> > open
> > Publisher or a Publisher file from explorer, I get the error 1304 message
> > asking if I have access to program files/microsoft
> > office/office11/1033/ppintl.dll.
> >
> > I have access to this file and can see it from explorer.  How do I correct
> > this issue so I can run Publisher again?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for helping this noob!

If you have your disks and your product number use the CleanUp utility.
Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Windows XP Professional, Microsoft Publisher 2003 ver. ?
>
> I tried Mary's suggestion about renaming the ppintl.dll file to ppintl.old
> and received an error message stating that it could not be deleted due to
> cyclical redundancy.  I have uninstalled MS Office Small Business Edition (so
> I don't know the Publisher version), however, ppintl.dll and morph9.dll are
> are still in the 1033 folder and cannot be deleted due to the same cyclical
> redundancy issue.  Also, my system bogs way down just trying to open this
> folder.
>
> The Publisher program has worked fine until just recently.  Looking at the
> file properties for the ppintl.dll file shows that it was last modified
> 4/7/07.  I'm not sure why that would be.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Scott
>
> "Charles W Davis" wrote:
>
>> Operating System? Publisher Version?
>>
>> By the way, left the frying pan (Nortong) and jumped into the fire (McAfee)
>> eh!
>>

>> "Scott Krebs" <ScottKrebs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I recently uninstalled norton, added macafee, did a compression and defrag
>> > and may have deleted a file or two . . . :P  Anyway, now when I try to
>> > open
>> > Publisher or a Publisher file from explorer, I get the error 1304 message
>> > asking if I have access to program files/microsoft
>> > office/office11/1033/ppintl.dll.
>> >
>> > I have access to this file and can see it from explorer.  How do I correct
>> > this issue so I can run Publisher again?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance for helping this noob!

0
mary-sauer (6480)
6/21/2007 9:32:44 AM
Thanks, Mary.  I have the Installer CleanUp Utility, however, it only
partially lists programs I have loaded and does not list Microsoft Office.
This could be because I've uninstalled nearly all of it, except the two
previously mentioned files.  Therefore, I have not been able to use it to
delete these two files; the MORPH9.DLL and the PPINTL.DLL files.  I have even
tried to start my computer in safe mode at the command prompt but the files
'cannot be found'.  Other posts I've read suggest that these may be trojans
or viruses.  What should I try next?

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> If you have your disks and your product number use the CleanUp utility.
> Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Scott Krebs" <ScottKrebs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Windows XP Professional, Microsoft Publisher 2003 ver. ?
> >
> > I tried Mary's suggestion about renaming the ppintl.dll file to ppintl.old
> > and received an error message stating that it could not be deleted due to
> > cyclical redundancy.  I have uninstalled MS Office Small Business Edition (so
> > I don't know the Publisher version), however, ppintl.dll and morph9.dll are
> > are still in the 1033 folder and cannot be deleted due to the same cyclical
> > redundancy issue.  Also, my system bogs way down just trying to open this
> > folder.
> >
> > The Publisher program has worked fine until just recently.  Looking at the
> > file properties for the ppintl.dll file shows that it was last modified
> > 4/7/07.  I'm not sure why that would be.
> >
> > Thanks again.
> >
> > Scott
> >
> > "Charles W Davis" wrote:
> >
> >> Operating System? Publisher Version?
> >>
> >> By the way, left the frying pan (Nortong) and jumped into the fire (McAfee)
> >> eh!
> >>

> >> "Scott Krebs" <ScottKrebs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Full-file version update may request Office source files
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/840169/en-us

They aren't trojans.
MORPH9.dll is a standard Publisher .dll. It was refreshed in the second service
pack.
Description of Office 2003 Service Pack 2
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/887616/en-us

A little more information here
http://www.processlist.com/info/morph9-3.html

What are you seeing on the menu of the cleanup utility?
Scroll down on this page, does your menu look similar?
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1175980976

Have you tried to re-install in safe mode?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Thanks, Mary.  I have the Installer CleanUp Utility, however, it only
> partially lists programs I have loaded and does not list Microsoft Office.
> This could be because I've uninstalled nearly all of it, except the two
> previously mentioned files.  Therefore, I have not been able to use it to
> delete these two files; the MORPH9.DLL and the PPINTL.DLL files.  I have even
> tried to start my computer in safe mode at the command prompt but the files
> 'cannot be found'.  Other posts I've read suggest that these may be trojans
> or viruses.  What should I try next?
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> If you have your disks and your product number use the CleanUp utility.
>> Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Scott Krebs" <ScottKrebs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Windows XP Professional, Microsoft Publisher 2003 ver. ?
>> >
>> > I tried Mary's suggestion about renaming the ppintl.dll file to ppintl.old
>> > and received an error message stating that it could not be deleted due to
>> > cyclical redundancy.  I have uninstalled MS Office Small Business Edition
>> > (so
>> > I don't know the Publisher version), however, ppintl.dll and morph9.dll are
>> > are still in the 1033 folder and cannot be deleted due to the same cyclical
>> > redundancy issue.  Also, my system bogs way down just trying to open this
>> > folder.
>> >
>> > The Publisher program has worked fine until just recently.  Looking at the
>> > file properties for the ppintl.dll file shows that it was last modified
>> > 4/7/07.  I'm not sure why that would be.
>> >
>> > Thanks again.
>> >
>> > Scott

0
mary-sauer (6480)
6/21/2007 2:58:51 PM
Yep.  Looks just like that, except it doesn't show Microsoft Office Small
Business Edition . . .

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Full-file version update may request Office source files
>
> They aren't trojans.
> MORPH9.dll is a standard Publisher .dll. It was refreshed in the second service
> pack.
> Description of Office 2003 Service Pack 2
>
> A little more information here
> http://www.processlist.com/info/morph9-3.html
>
> What are you seeing on the menu of the cleanup utility?
> Scroll down on this page, does your menu look similar?
> http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1175980976
>
> Have you tried to re-install in safe mode?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Scott Krebs" <ScottKrebs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks, Mary.  I have the Installer CleanUp Utility, however, it only
> > partially lists programs I have loaded and does not list Microsoft Office.
> > This could be because I've uninstalled nearly all of it, except the two
> > previously mentioned files.  Therefore, I have not been able to use it to
> > delete these two files; the MORPH9.DLL and the PPINTL.DLL files.  I have even
> > tried to start my computer in safe mode at the command prompt but the files
> > 'cannot be found'.  Other posts I've read suggest that these may be trojans
> > or viruses.  What should I try next?
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> If you have your disks and your product number use the CleanUp utility.
> >> Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Scott Krebs" <ScottKrebs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Also, I'm not getting a request for the source files.  I will try installing
in safe mode and will post results.  Thanks for your help!

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Full-file version update may request Office source files
>
> They aren't trojans.
> MORPH9.dll is a standard Publisher .dll. It was refreshed in the second service
> pack.
> Description of Office 2003 Service Pack 2
>
> A little more information here
> http://www.processlist.com/info/morph9-3.html
>
> What are you seeing on the menu of the cleanup utility?
> Scroll down on this page, does your menu look similar?
> http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1175980976
>
> Have you tried to re-install in safe mode?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Scott Krebs" <ScottKrebs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks, Mary.  I have the Installer CleanUp Utility, however, it only
> > partially lists programs I have loaded and does not list Microsoft Office.
> > This could be because I've uninstalled nearly all of it, except the two
> > previously mentioned files.  Therefore, I have not been able to use it to
> > delete these two files; the MORPH9.DLL and the PPINTL.DLL files.  I have even
> > tried to start my computer in safe mode at the command prompt but the files
> > 'cannot be found'.  Other posts I've read suggest that these may be trojans
> > or viruses.  What should I try next?
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> If you have your disks and your product number use the CleanUp utility.
> >> Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Scott Krebs" <ScottKrebs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

I now have evidence that my IP address is being used by other users.  Could
either of these .dll files have been modified in some way to hijack my laptop?
MORPH9.DLL
PPINTL.DLL

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Full-file version update may request Office source files
>
> They aren't trojans.
> MORPH9.dll is a standard Publisher .dll. It was refreshed in the second service
> pack.
> Description of Office 2003 Service Pack 2
>
> A little more information here
> http://www.processlist.com/info/morph9-3.html
>
> What are you seeing on the menu of the cleanup utility?
> Scroll down on this page, does your menu look similar?
> http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1175980976
>
> Have you tried to re-install in safe mode?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Scott Krebs" <ScottKrebs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks, Mary.  I have the Installer CleanUp Utility, however, it only
> > partially lists programs I have loaded and does not list Microsoft Office.
> > This could be because I've uninstalled nearly all of it, except the two
> > previously mentioned files.  Therefore, I have not been able to use it to
> > delete these two files; the MORPH9.DLL and the PPINTL.DLL files.  I have even
> > tried to start my computer in safe mode at the command prompt but the files
> > 'cannot be found'.  Other posts I've read suggest that these may be trojans
> > or viruses.  What should I try next?
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> If you have your disks and your product number use the CleanUp utility.
> >> Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Scott Krebs" <ScottKrebs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

OK.  I had bad info about the whole IP address issue.

I tried to install in safe mode and got the following message: 'System admin
has set poicies to prevent this installation'.  I don't recall setting any
policies . . .

"Scott Krebs" wrote:

> I now have evidence that my IP address is being used by other users.  Could
> either of these .dll files have been modified in some way to hijack my laptop?
> MORPH9.DLL
> PPINTL.DLL
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
> > Full-file version update may request Office source files
> >
> > They aren't trojans.
> > MORPH9.dll is a standard Publisher .dll. It was refreshed in the second service
> > pack.
> > Description of Office 2003 Service Pack 2
> >
> > A little more information here
> > http://www.processlist.com/info/morph9-3.html
> >
> > What are you seeing on the menu of the cleanup utility?
> > Scroll down on this page, does your menu look similar?
> > http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1175980976
> >
> > Have you tried to re-install in safe mode?
> >
> > --
> > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >
> > "Scott Krebs" <ScottKrebs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Thanks, Mary.  I have the Installer CleanUp Utility, however, it only
> > > partially lists programs I have loaded and does not list Microsoft Office.
> > > This could be because I've uninstalled nearly all of it, except the two
> > > previously mentioned files.  Therefore, I have not been able to use it to
> > > delete these two files; the MORPH9.DLL and the PPINTL.DLL files.  I have even
> > > tried to start my computer in safe mode at the command prompt but the files
> > > 'cannot be found'.  Other posts I've read suggest that these may be trojans
> > > or viruses.  What should I try next?

Scott, Do you have the service pack 2 for Windows? Do you have a restore point
to go back to before all your issues became apparent?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> OK.  I had bad info about the whole IP address issue.
>
> I tried to install in safe mode and got the following message: 'System admin
> has set poicies to prevent this installation'.  I don't recall setting any
> policies . . .
>
> "Scott Krebs" wrote:
>
>> I now have evidence that my IP address is being used by other users.  Could
>> either of these .dll files have been modified in some way to hijack my
>> laptop?
>> MORPH9.DLL
>> PPINTL.DLL
>>
>> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>>
>> > Full-file version update may request Office source files
>> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/840169/en-us
>> >
>> > They aren't trojans.
>> > MORPH9.dll is a standard Publisher .dll. It was refreshed in the second
>> > service
>> > pack.
>> > Description of Office 2003 Service Pack 2
>> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/887616/en-us
>> >
>> > A little more information here
>> > http://www.processlist.com/info/morph9-3.html
>> >
>> > What are you seeing on the menu of the cleanup utility?
>> > Scroll down on this page, does your menu look similar?
>> > http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1175980976
>> >
>> > Have you tried to re-install in safe mode?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> > http://office.microsoft.com/
>> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> >
>> > "Scott Krebs" <ScottKrebs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
mary-sauer (6480)
6/26/2007 9:27:57 PM
Mary,

Thank you again for your help.  I don't know if I have the service pack 2 so
I am now downloading it.  Only 1hr 10 min to go!  I do not have a restore
point that I am aware of.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Scott, Do you have the service pack 2 for Windows? Do you have a restore point
> to go back to before all your issues became apparent?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Scott Krebs" <ScottKrebs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > OK.  I had bad info about the whole IP address issue.
> >
> > I tried to install in safe mode and got the following message: 'System admin
> > has set poicies to prevent this installation'.  I don't recall setting any
> > policies . . .
> >
> > "Scott Krebs" wrote:
> >
> >> I now have evidence that my IP address is being used by other users.  Could
> >> either of these .dll files have been modified in some way to hijack my
> >> laptop?
> >> MORPH9.DLL
> >> PPINTL.DLL

Start, Help and Support, Click System Restore...

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Mary,
>
> Thank you again for your help.  I don't know if I have the service pack 2 so
> I am now downloading it.  Only 1hr 10 min to go!  I do not have a restore
> point that I am aware of.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Scott, Do you have the service pack 2 for Windows? Do you have a restore
>> point
>> to go back to before all your issues became apparent?
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Scott Krebs" <ScottKrebs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > OK.  I had bad info about the whole IP address issue.
>> >
>> > I tried to install in safe mode and got the following message: 'System
>> > admin
>> > has set poicies to prevent this installation'.  I don't recall setting any
>> > policies . . .

0
mary-sauer (6480)
6/26/2007 9:58:33 PM
I can do that.  What am I looking to accomplish?  Will this undo everything
I've done the last two weeks?  Does it uninstall anything I've installed?
Does restoring MS Office bring it back to the working condition it was at
prior to my uninstallation attempt?

Thanks again, Mary.

Scott

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Start, Help and Support, Click System Restore...
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Scott Krebs" <ScottKrebs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Mary,
> >
> > Thank you again for your help.  I don't know if I have the service pack 2 so
> > I am now downloading it.  Only 1hr 10 min to go!  I do not have a restore
> > point that I am aware of.
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Scott, Do you have the service pack 2 for Windows? Do you have a restore
> >> point
> >> to go back to before all your issues became apparent?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Scott Krebs" <ScottKrebs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Read the restore instructions. What you have downloaded in the past two weeks
will be gone. Any files you have created will be okay. If you want to save your
downloads put them on a disk.
Hypothetically your computer should be back to before you started the uninstall.
System restore is completely reversible.
Why did you uninstall Norton? Just disabling the Office plug-in would have
sufficed.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

>I can do that.  What am I looking to accomplish?  Will this undo everything
> I've done the last two weeks?  Does it uninstall anything I've installed?
> Does restoring MS Office bring it back to the working condition it was at
> prior to my uninstallation attempt?
>
> Thanks again, Mary.
>
> Scott
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Start, Help and Support, Click System Restore...
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Scott Krebs" <ScottKrebs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Mary,
>> >
>> > Thank you again for your help.  I don't know if I have the service pack 2
>> > so
>> > I am now downloading it.  Only 1hr 10 min to go!  I do not have a restore
>> > point that I am aware of.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Outlook 2003 and Groupwise
Anybody have any idea on how to get Outlook 2003 to quit hanging/ not responding when using a Novell Groupwise Transport Provider ie groupwise 6.5. It pretty much hangs everytime. I have set up the Novell Default Profile etc reinstalled outlook and Groupwise multiple times. Please Help... Thanks I see you have not had any replies, I am having the same problem. Both GroupWise 6.5 and Outlook 2003 are screwed up. I'm waiting for a patch from Novell or Microsoft because it seems like a conflict in the messaging subsystem that I am not able to resolve. In the mean time I'm usin...

Can Money 2003 Deluxe Import directly from Quicken files?
I had Quicken (2002, I think) installed on my old desktop and I added my old hard drive to a new system. However, I'm unable to find the install disk for Quicken, so I'm stuck with all my data in a set of Quicken files. There is a good deal now for Money 2003 Deluxe but it only works for me if it can directly accept or import these Quicken files, not some more generically formatted export file Does anyone know if this will work TIA In microsoft.public.money, jer042000 wrote: >I had Quicken (2002, I think) installed on my old desktop and I added my old hard drive to a new syste...

OWA and two exchange 2003 server
I have two 2003 exchange servers that both contain mailboxes. When users log into OWA that is hosted on my mx2 server, if their mailboxes are on the mx1 server they can not access from the outside because I only allow access to the mx2 server for now. I am in the process of moving mailboxes from mx2 to mx1 which will be my final hardware platform, but in the meantime users are compalining about the OWA. I can't make the mx2 server a FE because I still have mailboxes on that server. Any suggestions? 2 ways to do this: 1. allow access to MX1 (A record in external DNS, make neces...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

publisher #74

Outlook 2003 does not "remember' previous email addresses when you type in their first name
Gurus, Using Outlook 2003. I thought Outlook 2003 "remembered" previous email addresses you typed? With people I've emailed before, I'll type their first name and Outlook pops up their address. However, my supervisor also running Outlook 2003 has to manually bring up the address book or type the last name for which Outlook will pop up the correct suggestion(s). He has enabled the following: Tools - Options - Email Options - Advanced Email Options - Suggest names while completing To, Cc, and Bcc fields My supervisor tested this. When he unchecks that box, the automa...

Conditional Formatting Excel 2003
Need for conditional formatting to be TRUE if a cell is equal to any of several cells. Trying to use conditional formatting formula in cell A20: =IF(G20=J$8:J $12,TRUE,FALSE) so as to have the condition (color condition for A20) to be true. G20 contains the letter "E," and J8 through J12 contain C-, D+, D, D- and E. This does not work The condition works fine for single cell comparatives as follows: =IF (G20=J$12,TRUE,FALSE), where J12 contains an "E" and G20 likewise contains an E. I tried naming the range of cells containing the letters (LowRatings) and used the foll...

Cash Flow Forecast stopped working on Money 2003
I've been using Money since the first version and am now on 2003. Yesterday, the cash flow forecast won't work anymore. Every time I click on the "Forecast Cash Flow" button on the Scheduled Bills and Deposits page I get the following message: "Please create at least on checking, savings, or cash account before you go to the cash flow forecast". I've checked my accounts and they're all functioning properly. And my archived files (I do an archive after every year) work properly - IE the cash flow forecast works. So it must be some problem with my mo...

Sending Publisher Files

OL 2003 and Block Senders List
In OL XP, I could select several emails from my InBox and put them in my Junk Email senders list. OL 2003 doesn't seem to have that feature. While OL2003 seems to do a better job of handling Junk (on the high setting), I still get lots of junk that I need to block. Any solutions? ...

Publisher 2000 #23

Deleting multiple attachments in a 2003 message
In Outlook 2000, when you received an email with 20 attachments, you could select them all and click the delete button to remove them from the message at one time. In Outlook 2003, the only way seems to be by clicking each attachment individually, right clicking it and the clicking remove off of the menu one at a time. Is there an easier way? Jeffrey L ...

Global Address List disappear in Outlook 2003 #2
Dear all, We had just upgraded our clients' PC to Outlook 2003, in conjunction with Exchange 5.5. From time to time, when the user click on the Address Book icon inside Outlook, the Global Address list that reside on the right pulldown menu disappear. Restarting Outlook can solve the problem. What causes this behaviour? Regards, Michael ...

upgrade publisher

pop3 email in exchange 2003
Our email server is at an ISP with a few different pop3 accounts. I have setup pop3 accounts in exchange2003 on SBS2003, to receive email in to individual mailboxes. The outgoing mail server is an smtp server at a different ISP. How do I make the exchange server leave a copy of all the emails received for a few days, in the email server? (In outlook express, there is an option to do so.) Right now, without setting such an option, no one receives any email when they try to access it directly from the webserver (through outlook express or webmail.emailservername from home)! Please ...

lotus notes and outlook 2003
I have outlook 2003 When someone sends me a request for an appointment from lotus notes, the request breaks down into code and I cant decipher it. Thanks Notes support must be supported on the mail server as well. Do you connect to an Exchange server? I don't have the details available at the moment but I'm sute they can help you in the Exchange newsgroup. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "eyecare" <eyecare@discussions.micros...

Access 97 to Access 2003 DataBase conversion 08-30-07
Hi, We work in a mostly french environment. We have a standard image using MUI Microsoft products (XP and Office 2003 are MUI) Since the convertion of an ACCESS 97 BD into Access 2003, we experience a sort sequence problem when using: DoCmd.Openform or DoCmd.ApplyFilter A selection on a name like "Cot�" will return no record. Asking for "Cote" will return all records including "Cot�". I suspect a problem with MUI (multi-user interface) but I did not find any recommandation at Microsoft. Thanks. "Jacques Tr�panier" <zx_jacques@hotmail.com>...

Microsoft Publisher ?

How to get name of currently opened Outlook(2003) profile
Hi All, Can any one suggest how to get currently opened outlook profile programatically . I am using Outlook 2003. Please suggest any solution other than redemption. Thanks in advance. The best you could do is use the namespace.currentuser property to get the name of the user currently logged on. Outlook 2007's object model exposes the name of the Outlook profile. The only other thing I can think of is to enumerate the registry for Outlook profile names. "Stop method of Sync object is not workin" <StopmethodofSyncobjectisnotworkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Why is publisher newsletter not page wide when sent
When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it it is about 4" wide. I want it to be page wide when it is sent to a client. What do I need to do? What do you call "page wide"? If you had started with the email template, you would not have width issues. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Donna McDermed" <DonnaMcDermed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5974DDA0-2E2D-4495-A5EB-FBF8F543482B@microsoft.com... > When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it > it > is abo...

Excel 2007 does not display graphics correctly from a Excel 2003
Excel 2007 does not display graphics correctly from a Excel 2003 file. The file is opened in Compatibility Mode. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated... Hi, I have had Excel 2003 file with chart that displayed incorrectly in Excel 2007. To the best of my knowledge, my particular problems were submitted by Jon Peltier to Microsoft as a bug. They involved color problems, and legend problems in an area chart. However, I have been told that they were not a compatibility problem, but I can't tell you what the issue was if not that. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "sleep...

Publisher for MAC
I would like to be able to use some of the publisher features on my MACBOOK PRO, but have been unable to locate the software, I waited for Office 2008 for Mac and it wasn't there :( when are you going to have it available for we mac afficianado's? -- If you try it you can be sure if you don''t like it, if you don''t try it your assuming. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see t...