Publisher 2003 does not show all fonts

Greetings All,

I have a problem that I think is related to the "Font Schemes" of MS
Publisher 2003.

The facts:
Have MS publisher 2003 installed.
Have many, mnay truetype fonts installed on the system
All my truetype fonts show up in fonts list under MS Word, Excel, etc.
I have a web site that I created using one of the MS Publisher templates.

The problem:
When I open the web site that I created (opne the .pub file) to edit it,
only a few fonts show up in the drop-down list.  I think the Font Scheme
of the templat ethat I chose is limiting the fonts that are displayed,
but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get all the fonts to
show in the drop-down list.

FYI:  If I create a new blank publication and insert a text box all of
the fonts show up in the drop-down list.

I've searched every resource I can think of for the answer to this,
they've all been uniformly unhelpful  Any ideas?

I'd aprreciate an answer to my email if possible as I don't get to this
newsgroup very often.

Thanks,

Dan K.
trader_9 @ hotmail.com
0
trader_9 (3)

Dan wrote:
> Greetings All,
>
> I have a problem that I think is related to the "Font
> Schemes" of MS Publisher 2003.
>
> The facts:
> Have MS publisher 2003 installed.
> Have many, mnay truetype fonts installed on the system
> All my truetype fonts show up in fonts list under MS
> Word, Excel, etc.
> I have a web site that I created using one of the MS
> Publisher templates.
>
> The problem:
> When I open the web site that I created (opne the .pub
> file) to edit it, only a few fonts show up in the
> drop-down list.  I think the Font Scheme of the templat
> ethat I chose is limiting the fonts that are displayed,
> but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get all
> the fonts to show in the drop-down list.
>
> FYI:  If I create a new blank publication and insert a
> text box all of the fonts show up in the drop-down list.
>
> I've searched every resource I can think of for the
> answer to this, they've all been uniformly unhelpful  Any
> ideas?
>
> I'd aprreciate an answer to my email if possible as I
> don't get to this newsgroup very often.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan K.
> trader_9 @ hotmail.com
Maybe the following message archived
on Google would answer your question:

http://tinyurl.com/o5ds6
(Begin reading at...A.)

Also try the following newsgroup:

"publisher.webdesign"
http://tinyurl.com/2rhz7

--

John Inzer

0
oobie (2069)
4/9/2006 5:24:36 AM
Web presentations within Publisher only have 11 fonts available.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Dan" <trader_9@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Greetings All,
>
> I have a problem that I think is related to the "Font Schemes" of MS
> Publisher 2003.
>
> The facts:
> Have MS publisher 2003 installed.
> Have many, mnay truetype fonts installed on the system
> All my truetype fonts show up in fonts list under MS Word, Excel, etc.
> I have a web site that I created using one of the MS Publisher templates.
>
> The problem:
> When I open the web site that I created (opne the .pub file) to edit it,
> only a few fonts show up in the drop-down list.  I think the Font Scheme
> of the templat ethat I chose is limiting the fonts that are displayed,
> but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get all the fonts to
> show in the drop-down list.
>
> FYI:  If I create a new blank publication and insert a text box all of
> the fonts show up in the drop-down list.
>
> I've searched every resource I can think of for the answer to this,
> they've all been uniformly unhelpful  Any ideas?
>
> I'd aprreciate an answer to my email if possible as I don't get to this
> newsgroup very often.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan K.
> trader_9 @ hotmail.com

0
mary-sauer (6479)
4/9/2006 10:04:49 AM
"Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in news:OEdVW07WGHA.3332
@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl:

> Web presentations within Publisher only have 11 fonts available.

Thanks for the reply Mary.  Do you have any idea why this limitation
exisits?  It's really annoying.  How about a work-around?

Thanks,

Dan K.
0
trader_91 (1)
4/9/2006 5:34:33 PM
Most folks have the 11 fonts that Publisher uses. They are part of Windows and
IE. I don't use Publisher as a web application. When I do want to use odd fonts
for my web page I use an editing program and turn the text into a .gif.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Dan" <trader_9@hotamil.com> wrote in message
> "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in news:OEdVW07WGHA.3332
> @TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl:
>
>> Web presentations within Publisher only have 11 fonts available.
>>

> Thanks for the reply Mary.  Do you have any idea why this limitation
> exisits?  It's really annoying.  How about a work-around?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan K.

0
mary-sauer (6479)
4/9/2006 6:16:59 PM
Mary Sauer wrote:
> Web presentations within Publisher only have 11 fonts available.

Are you sure that is correct? It doesn't make any sense at all. All the
product literature discusses Publisher as a professional quality
program. You can't even make a 'Lost Dog' flyer look professional with
11 fonts.

I use Publisher 2002 and have access to all fonts anywhere on my system,
not only installed fonts.

(Win-ME)

--

Hugs, Erika
0
> Are you sure that is correct? It doesn't make any sense at all. All
> the product literature discusses Publisher as a professional quality
> program. You can't even make a 'Lost Dog' flyer look professional with
> 11 fonts.

We're talking about web publications rather than print publications here.

> I use Publisher 2002 and have access to all fonts anywhere on my
> system, not only installed fonts.

Installed fonts are those that can be seen as installed from the listing in
the Windows Fonts folder.  If they're not installed, Windows has no idea
that they exist and no application can access them. (Exceptions if you use a
font manager such as Adobe Type Manager).

> (Win-ME)

WHY?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

1
the_nerd (6344)
4/9/2006 9:43:23 PM
Read John Inzer reply. He provided you with a link to the answer:

http://tinyurl.com/o5ds6
(Begin reading at...A.)

DavidF

"Dan" <trader_9@hotamil.com> wrote in message
> "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in news:OEdVW07WGHA.3332
> @TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl:
>
> > Web presentations within Publisher only have 11 fonts available.
> >

> Thanks for the reply Mary.  Do you have any idea why this limitation
> exisits?  It's really annoying.  How about a work-around?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan K.

1
Nope8657 (939)
4/9/2006 10:33:27 PM
Ed Bennett wrote:

> We're talking about web publications rather than print publications here.

Sorry - I misunderstood!

>>I use Publisher 2002 and have access to all fonts anywhere on my
>>system, not only installed fonts.
>

> Installed fonts are those that can be seen as installed from the listing in
> the Windows Fonts folder.  If they're not installed, Windows has no idea
> that they exist and no application can access them. (Exceptions if you use a
> font manager such as Adobe Type Manager).

If you open a truetype font you can use it temporarily without being
installed. Ditto PostScript fonts w/ a type manager.

>>(Win-ME)
>

> WHY?

1st answer: because it works and it's stable for me and I already own
it. 2d answer: waiting for Vista. Not ready to try a linux box. ;-)

--

Hugs, Erika
1

> Most folks have the 11 fonts that Publisher uses. They are part of
> Windows and IE. I don't use Publisher as a web application. When I do
> want to use odd fonts for my web page I use an editing program and
> turn the text into a .gif.

OK, I understand now that Publisher shows only the fonts that Microsoft
feels that everyone viewing the web site will have on their own systems.
Isn't there some way to "embed" a "non-standard" font with the document?

Dan K.
1
trader_9 (3)
4/15/2006 1:34:27 PM
One of the most important things to remember when designing a web page is
that you should only use the standardized "web safe" fonts. If you use a font
other than one of the 8 web safe fonts then your site visitor may view your
content in a font their browser substitutes. That result can be
unpredictable. To avoid that 'mistake' the web publication only allows the
appropriate fonts.

The 8 web safe fonts are: Arial, Comic Sans, Courier, Georgia, Impact, Times
New Roman, Trebuchet, Verdana.

If you opt to ignore this web safe design you can disengage the safe font
setting. In a web publication go to Format, Font, and deselect the "show only
web font" option. Then all fonts on the system will be available.

David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP]
http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/articles/category/1922.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in
>
>> Most folks have the 11 fonts that Publisher uses. They are part of
>> Windows and IE. I don't use Publisher as a web application. When I do
>> want to use odd fonts for my web page I use an editing program and
>> turn the text into a .gif.
>>

> OK, I understand now that Publisher shows only the fonts that Microsoft
> feels that everyone viewing the web site will have on their own systems.
> Isn't there some way to "embed" a "non-standard" font with the document?
>
> Dan K.

1
mary-sauer (6479)
4/15/2006 1:40:06 PM
The //tinyurl info was helpful for me, relative new at web design (I don't
use Publisher).

This thread may have answered a question I have but let me ask it to confirm.

I too have found that I have a limited number of fonts being shown available
when I work on a newsletter we will be sending out to some folk via email.
It's our first attempt so big time learning curve.

Before I get the lectures about html via email let me say we are not
spammers or emarketers in the bad sense.  The problem I'm having is that I
can't find a better solution to present a formatted newsletter to email
subscribers.  I can just send links to our web site but it looses some of its
pazazz.  I'm open to suggestions!!!

So, the question is, if a users browser will substitute for non-web-safe
fonts, will the html function in an email client do the same?  I have somehow
gotten some Monotype Corsiva and High Tower Text in the Publisher file and
when I do a test send to my email account they are a little fuzzy around the
edges.

Thanks

Tom

"DavidF" wrote:

> Read John Inzer reply. He provided you with a link to the answer:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/o5ds6
> (Begin reading at...A.)
>
> DavidF
>
> "Dan" <trader_9@hotamil.com> wrote in message
> > "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in news:OEdVW07WGHA.3332
> > @TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl:
> >
> > > Web presentations within Publisher only have 11 fonts available.
> > >

> > Thanks for the reply Mary.  Do you have any idea why this limitation
> > exisits?  It's really annoying.  How about a work-around?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Dan K.

1
tcarp (9)
5/1/2006 3:39:01 PM
tcarp <tcarp@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> Before I get the lectures about html via email let me say we are not
> spammers or emarketers in the bad sense.  The problem I'm having is
> that I can't find a better solution to present a formatted newsletter
> to email subscribers.

PDF?

(And HTML email can be OK, particularly if you offer a plain-text
alternative)

> So, the question is, if a users browser will substitute for
> non-web-safe fonts, will the html function in an email client do the
> same?

Yes, but the design will be spoiled.

> I have somehow gotten some Monotype Corsiva and High Tower
> Text in the Publisher file and when I do a test send to my email
> account they are a little fuzzy around the edges.

This is because the text is being converted to an image file.  This means
that the text will appear in the same font on the target computer, but will
be inaccessible to screenreaders and those who don't view images in emails.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

1
the_nerd (6344)
5/1/2006 4:19:33 PM
Hi Ed and thanks for the post

I don't think PDFs are an option for me (I don't have full Acrobat).  I also
want to have hot links in the email message which some of the stripped down
versions embedded in applications aren't capable of.)

I re-ran some test of the email I am designing and removed all non-safe
fonts.
Although things improved there is still some graininess around the edges if
I make the font italic.  What may be happening is that the safe fonts only
include the specific style (not bold, not italic, etc.)

What I have will be fine for now, but I still wonder how people are able to
send very crisp emails with html embedded in the message and links hot.  Some
of them are excellent.  They look more like web pages than anything else.

Beyond the web design itself, the fonts are crisp and clear.

I learned early on not to use Publisher (or for that matter Word, or other
office apps) to build web pages.  I use FP2003 with a lot of html-level work
and CSS throughout.  If building these email newsletters would work better in
FP I sure like to know.

In my case, rather than include a text-only version, I have a link to a web
site so that the user can choose to view things through a browser instead.

Thanks again

These forums are always excellent to help move knowledge along.

Tom

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> tcarp <tcarp@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
> utter:
> > Before I get the lectures about html via email let me say we are not
> > spammers or emarketers in the bad sense.  The problem I'm having is
> > that I can't find a better solution to present a formatted newsletter
> > to email subscribers.
>
> PDF?
>
> (And HTML email can be OK, particularly if you offer a plain-text
> alternative)
>
> > So, the question is, if a users browser will substitute for
> > non-web-safe fonts, will the html function in an email client do the
> > same?
>
> Yes, but the design will be spoiled.
>
> > I have somehow gotten some Monotype Corsiva and High Tower
> > Text in the Publisher file and when I do a test send to my email
> > account they are a little fuzzy around the edges.
>
> This is because the text is being converted to an image file.  This means
> that the text will appear in the same font on the target computer, but will
> be inaccessible to screenreaders and those who don't view images in emails.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

1
tcarp (9)
5/3/2006 3:29:05 PM
You can get a more "crisp" font, if you go into Publisher > Tools > Options
> Web tab and uncheck "send email as an image..." And while you are at it,
uncheck the other options about PNG and VML, and perhaps use the compress
images function. These steps will minimize the size of your message. With
that said, if you have FrontPage, you would be best off using it.

DavidF

"tcarp" <tcarp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> > > to email subscribers.
> >
> > PDF?
> >
> > (And HTML email can be OK, particularly if you offer a plain-text
> > alternative)
> >
> > > So, the question is, if a users browser will substitute for
> > > non-web-safe fonts, will the html function in an email client do the
> > > same?
> >
> > Yes, but the design will be spoiled.
> >
> > > I have somehow gotten some Monotype Corsiva and High Tower
> > > Text in the Publisher file and when I do a test send to my email
> > > account they are a little fuzzy around the edges.
> >
> > This is because the text is being converted to an image file.  This
means
> > that the text will appear in the same font on the target computer, but
will
> > be inaccessible to screenreaders and those who don't view images in

5/3/2006 8:22:36 PM
Thanks David

I'll test some of the Publisher options you mentioned.  For now, given our
schedule, we're close enough to go ahead.

I did a quick test on sending from FP (I'll move over to that forum to ask
more questions), however, the first results were quite disappointing.  The
test was to simply take an existing web page, bring it up in FP, and do a
Send.  What I get has no formatting or resolved images.  Looks like I have a
bit of a learning curve to go through (again).

Tom

"DavidF" wrote:

> You can get a more "crisp" font, if you go into Publisher > Tools > Options
> > Web tab and uncheck "send email as an image..." And while you are at it,
> uncheck the other options about PNG and VML, and perhaps use the compress
> images function. These steps will minimize the size of your message. With
> that said, if you have FrontPage, you would be best off using it.
>
> DavidF
>
> "tcarp" <tcarp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Ed and thanks for the post
> >
> > I don't think PDFs are an option for me (I don't have full Acrobat).  I
> also
> > want to have hot links in the email message which some of the stripped
> down
> > versions embedded in applications aren't capable of.)
> >
> > I re-ran some test of the email I am designing and removed all non-safe
> > fonts.
> > Although things improved there is still some graininess around the edges
> if
> > I make the font italic.  What may be happening is that the safe fonts only
> > include the specific style (not bold, not italic, etc.)
> >
> > What I have will be fine for now, but I still wonder how people are able
> > send very crisp emails with html embedded in the message and links hot.
> Some
> > of them are excellent.  They look more like web pages than anything else.
> >
> > Beyond the web design itself, the fonts are crisp and clear.
> >
> > I learned early on not to use Publisher (or for that matter Word, or other
> > office apps) to build web pages.  I use FP2003 with a lot of html-level
> work
> > and CSS throughout.  If building these email newsletters would work better
> in
> > FP I sure like to know.
> >
> > In my case, rather than include a text-only version, I have a link to a
> web
> > site so that the user can choose to view things through a browser instead.
> >
> > Thanks again
> >
> > These forums are always excellent to help move knowledge along.
> >
> > Tom
> >
> > "Ed Bennett" wrote:
> >
> > > tcarp <tcarp@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
> > > utter:
> > >
> > > PDF?
> > >
> > > (And HTML email can be OK, particularly if you offer a plain-text
> > > alternative)

> > > Yes, but the design will be spoiled.

> > > This is because the text is being converted to an image file.  This
> means
> > > that the text will appear in the same font on the target computer, but
> will
> > > be inaccessible to screenreaders and those who don't view images in
> emails.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
tcarp (9)
5/4/2006 12:50:02 AM
Follow up:

BTW, the Web Option settings are already the way you suggested.  The only
boxes checked are Organize supporting files..... and Enable incremental
publish....

I guess I have things as good as their going to get short of creating .gifs
elsewhere for import into Publisher

Thanks again

Tom

"DavidF" wrote:

> You can get a more "crisp" font, if you go into Publisher > Tools > Options
> > Web tab and uncheck "send email as an image..." And while you are at it,
> uncheck the other options about PNG and VML, and perhaps use the compress
> images function. These steps will minimize the size of your message. With
> that said, if you have FrontPage, you would be best off using it.
>
> DavidF
>
> "tcarp" <tcarp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Ed and thanks for the post
> >
> > I don't think PDFs are an option for me (I don't have full Acrobat).  I
> also
> > want to have hot links in the email message which some of the stripped
> down
> > versions embedded in applications aren't capable of.)
> >
> > I re-ran some test of the email I am designing and removed all non-safe
> > fonts.
> > Although things improved there is still some graininess around the edges
> if
> > I make the font italic.  What may be happening is that the safe fonts only
> > include the specific style (not bold, not italic, etc.)
> >
> > What I have will be fine for now, but I still wonder how people are able
> > send very crisp emails with html embedded in the message and links hot.
> Some
> > of them are excellent.  They look more like web pages than anything else.
> >
> > Beyond the web design itself, the fonts are crisp and clear.
> >
> > I learned early on not to use Publisher (or for that matter Word, or other
> > office apps) to build web pages.  I use FP2003 with a lot of html-level
> work
> > and CSS throughout.  If building these email newsletters would work better
> in
> > FP I sure like to know.
> >
> > In my case, rather than include a text-only version, I have a link to a
> web
> > site so that the user can choose to view things through a browser instead.
> >
> > Thanks again
> >
> > These forums are always excellent to help move knowledge along.
> >
> > Tom
> >
> > "Ed Bennett" wrote:
> >
> > > tcarp <tcarp@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
> > > utter:
> > >
> > > PDF?
> > >
> > > (And HTML email can be OK, particularly if you offer a plain-text
> > > alternative)

> > > Yes, but the design will be spoiled.

> > > This is because the text is being converted to an image file.  This
> means
> > > that the text will appear in the same font on the target computer, but
> will
> > > be inaccessible to screenreaders and those who don't view images in
> emails.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
tcarp (9)
5/4/2006 12:54:01 AM
I have never found italics to convert very well in any version of Publisher
web pages, but I rarely see it on the internet, so this may not be unique to
Publisher HTML.

If you took an existing web page produced in Publisher and brought it into
FP, then you should expect a mess. I have read of no one who has been happy
with the results of importing Publisher code. I think it was Chuck Davis of
this group that recently said that he uses FP to produce his HTML
newsletters. Perhaps he can give you some tips.

Don Schmidt recommends a PDF tool that support hyperlinks, that is around
$50....

Ed also suggested in another thread that there is software that is
specifically designed for this task. It produces HTML formatted email, but
also includes plain text just in case. I think that getting straight HTML
formatted email through may become a bigger challenge in the future as more
people opt for plain text only, so you might want to research software that
is specifically designed for this task, if you are going to get serious
about this...that is if you can't accomplish it in FP.

Good luck.

> [...]
else.

> > > Beyond the web design itself, the fonts are crisp and clear.
> > >
> > > I learned early on not to use Publisher (or for that matter Word, or
other
> > > office apps) to build web pages.  I use FP2003 with a lot of
html-level
> > work
> > > and CSS throughout.  If building these email newsletters would work
better
> > in
> > > FP I sure like to know.
> > >
> > > In my case, rather than include a text-only version, I have a link to
> > web
> > > site so that the user can choose to view things through a browser
instead.

> > > Thanks again
> > >
> > > These forums are always excellent to help move knowledge along.

Outlook 2003 and Groupwise
Anybody have any idea on how to get Outlook 2003 to quit hanging/ not responding when using a Novell Groupwise Transport Provider ie groupwise 6.5. It pretty much hangs everytime. I have set up the Novell Default Profile etc reinstalled outlook and Groupwise multiple times. Please Help... Thanks I see you have not had any replies, I am having the same problem. Both GroupWise 6.5 and Outlook 2003 are screwed up. I'm waiting for a patch from Novell or Microsoft because it seems like a conflict in the messaging subsystem that I am not able to resolve. In the mean time I'm usin...

OWA and two exchange 2003 server
I have two 2003 exchange servers that both contain mailboxes. When users log into OWA that is hosted on my mx2 server, if their mailboxes are on the mx1 server they can not access from the outside because I only allow access to the mx2 server for now. I am in the process of moving mailboxes from mx2 to mx1 which will be my final hardware platform, but in the meantime users are compalining about the OWA. I can't make the mx2 server a FE because I still have mailboxes on that server. Any suggestions? 2 ways to do this: 1. allow access to MX1 (A record in external DNS, make neces...

Can Money 2003 Deluxe Import directly from Quicken files?
I had Quicken (2002, I think) installed on my old desktop and I added my old hard drive to a new system. However, I'm unable to find the install disk for Quicken, so I'm stuck with all my data in a set of Quicken files. There is a good deal now for Money 2003 Deluxe but it only works for me if it can directly accept or import these Quicken files, not some more generically formatted export file Does anyone know if this will work TIA In microsoft.public.money, jer042000 wrote: >I had Quicken (2002, I think) installed on my old desktop and I added my old hard drive to a new syste...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

publisher #74

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Outlook 2003 does not "remember' previous email addresses when you type in their first name
Gurus, Using Outlook 2003. I thought Outlook 2003 "remembered" previous email addresses you typed? With people I've emailed before, I'll type their first name and Outlook pops up their address. However, my supervisor also running Outlook 2003 has to manually bring up the address book or type the last name for which Outlook will pop up the correct suggestion(s). He has enabled the following: Tools - Options - Email Options - Advanced Email Options - Suggest names while completing To, Cc, and Bcc fields My supervisor tested this. When he unchecks that box, the automa...

How to get a UI in a DLL to show tooltips?
I basically need to have an application in a DLL. An application, that we don't have access to the source for, uses a DLL to expand its functionality. Currently we have been displaying only Dialog boxes from the DLL which works fine. We are now adding a new graphics interface that uses the entire CWinApp and Doc/View architecture. When this is created as a DLL some functionality is lost, mainly the buttons on the toolbar don't enable and the tooltips don't work. Then menus work fine though. From what I have gleaned from MSDN and the tech docs the DLL doesn't get...

Conditional Formatting Excel 2003
Need for conditional formatting to be TRUE if a cell is equal to any of several cells. Trying to use conditional formatting formula in cell A20: =IF(G20=J$8:J $12,TRUE,FALSE) so as to have the condition (color condition for A20) to be true. G20 contains the letter "E," and J8 through J12 contain C-, D+, D, D- and E. This does not work The condition works fine for single cell comparatives as follows: =IF (G20=J$12,TRUE,FALSE), where J12 contains an "E" and G20 likewise contains an E. I tried naming the range of cells containing the letters (LowRatings) and used the foll...

Cash Flow Forecast stopped working on Money 2003
I've been using Money since the first version and am now on 2003. Yesterday, the cash flow forecast won't work anymore. Every time I click on the "Forecast Cash Flow" button on the Scheduled Bills and Deposits page I get the following message: "Please create at least on checking, savings, or cash account before you go to the cash flow forecast". I've checked my accounts and they're all functioning properly. And my archived files (I do an archive after every year) work properly - IE the cash flow forecast works. So it must be some problem with my mo...

Sending Publisher Files

Modify Font on Link Bar Buttons Set default Font for entire Site
1. I have used Web Component Link Bar graphical style based on the 'Satin' theme. It seems to use font Verdana size 10 pt. I want to letters smaller using Tahoma 10 pt. 2. I went to Insert Web Component window, selected the block of four 'Satin' bars, found no way to modify 3. I had already gone to Tools, Page Options, Default Fonts, set Design View Fonts Tahoma and and Code View Font Tahoma size 10. Here I had no option to set size for Design View. How can I set uniform font Tahoma size 10 throughout the Site for all pages existing and future in one stroke? ...

OL 2003 and Block Senders List
In OL XP, I could select several emails from my InBox and put them in my Junk Email senders list. OL 2003 doesn't seem to have that feature. While OL2003 seems to do a better job of handling Junk (on the high setting), I still get lots of junk that I need to block. Any solutions? ...

Publisher 2000 #23

Deleting multiple attachments in a 2003 message
In Outlook 2000, when you received an email with 20 attachments, you could select them all and click the delete button to remove them from the message at one time. In Outlook 2003, the only way seems to be by clicking each attachment individually, right clicking it and the clicking remove off of the menu one at a time. Is there an easier way? Jeffrey L ...

Global Address List disappear in Outlook 2003 #2
Dear all, We had just upgraded our clients' PC to Outlook 2003, in conjunction with Exchange 5.5. From time to time, when the user click on the Address Book icon inside Outlook, the Global Address list that reside on the right pulldown menu disappear. Restarting Outlook can solve the problem. What causes this behaviour? Regards, Michael ...

Publisher 2003

upgrade publisher

pop3 email in exchange 2003
Our email server is at an ISP with a few different pop3 accounts. I have setup pop3 accounts in exchange2003 on SBS2003, to receive email in to individual mailboxes. The outgoing mail server is an smtp server at a different ISP. How do I make the exchange server leave a copy of all the emails received for a few days, in the email server? (In outlook express, there is an option to do so.) Right now, without setting such an option, no one receives any email when they try to access it directly from the webserver (through outlook express or webmail.emailservername from home)! Please ...

lotus notes and outlook 2003
I have outlook 2003 When someone sends me a request for an appointment from lotus notes, the request breaks down into code and I cant decipher it. Thanks Notes support must be supported on the mail server as well. Do you connect to an Exchange server? I don't have the details available at the moment but I'm sute they can help you in the Exchange newsgroup. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "eyecare" <eyecare@discussions.micros...

Microsoft Publisher ?

Outlook 2003 quits (error) when started
Hi, I just installed Outlook 2003 and installed the service pack for it. But whenever I start Outlook up, it automatically checks my email accounts, and whenever it does that, it errors. It also makes duplicate copies of emails in my inbox. Here is the error msg I get: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp:408f2937 ModName: msvcrt.dll ModVer: 7.0.2600.0 ModStamp:3b7dfe39 fDebug: 0 Offset: 000320bc Anybody have a solution? Thanks sac16@comcast.net, Just a suggestion, but try setting your polling time to 5 minutes or more. This may help. Chri...