Publisher 2003 can't open files after install XP SP3!!!?? #2

Hi,

I have strange problem with publisher 2003 sp3.
After install Windows XP SP3 I can't open most of my files.
Error massage "Publisher cannot open the file" or therw is an error in mspub.exe..
I try on other computer with Sp3 in my office and it is the same problem.
On compuer without Sp3 to XP PRO publisher seems to work fine with all of my files.
Office is updated with latest patch form office.microsoft.com.
Do you have any idea what is wrong ?:)

Regards,
Moophone

0
Moophone

Do you have Norton?
How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us

Error message when you try to open a publication in Publisher: "Publisher cannot
open the file" or "Publisher has detected a problem"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928890/en-us

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Moophone" wrote in message news:20089322536moophone@gazeta.pl...
> Hi,
>
> I have strange problem with publisher 2003 sp3.
> After install Windows XP SP3 I can't open most of my files.
> Error massage "Publisher cannot open the file" or therw is an error in
> mspub.exe..
> I try on other computer with Sp3 in my office and it is the same problem.
> On compuer without Sp3 to XP PRO publisher seems to work fine with all of my
> files.
> Office is updated with latest patch form office.microsoft.com.
> Do you have any idea what is wrong ?:)
>
> Regards,
> Moophone

0
mary-sauer (6480)
9/3/2008 9:35:51 AM
U�ytkownik "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> napisa� w wiadomo�ci
> Do you have Norton?
> How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in
>
> Error message when you try to open a publication in Publisher: "Publisher
> cannot open the file" or "Publisher has detected a problem"

No, I'm not using NAV.
I read these links  before I wrote on gropu.
I think it is problem with SP3 to Windows XP PRO, because before
installation everything works perfect.
I have 30desktops (PC) in my office and every has the same problem with
publisher 2003.

I find old ghost image of my PC with Window XP sp2.In first step I updated
office to SP3 and all patches form office.microsoft.com.
With that configuratino everything its working.Then I install SP3 to Windows
XP and after that I cannot open most of my files,tired on 15PCs..the same
error.
Picture with error http://www.astercity.net/~mirek/puberror.jpg

Regards,
Moophone

0
moophone (2)
9/3/2008 1:35:52 PM
Not sure I can help. The .cvr is a FAX extension. A Symantec FAX extension.
Might ask this in a Windows forum.
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/faxprod.nsf/0/f8eee94eade12e05852567320058f2e8?OpenDocument&seg=hm&lg=en&ct=us
--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Mirek Zi�ek" <moophone@gazeta.pl> wrote in message

> U�ytkownik "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> napisa� w wiadomo�ci
>> Do you have Norton?
>> How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in
>>
>> Error message when you try to open a publication in Publisher: "Publisher
>> cannot open the file" or "Publisher has detected a problem"
>

> No, I'm not using NAV.
> I read these links  before I wrote on gropu.
> I think it is problem with SP3 to Windows XP PRO, because before installation
> everything works perfect.
> I have 30desktops (PC) in my office and every has the same problem with
> publisher 2003.
>
> I find old ghost image of my PC with Window XP sp2.In first step I updated
> office to SP3 and all patches form office.microsoft.com.
> With that configuratino everything its working.Then I install SP3 to Windows
> XP and after that I cannot open most of my files,tired on 15PCs..the same
> error.
> Picture with error http://www.astercity.net/~mirek/puberror.jpg
>
> Regards,
> Moophone

0
mary-sauer (6480)
9/3/2008 2:13:03 PM
Mary Sauer wrote:
> Not sure I can help. The .cvr is a FAX extension. A Symantec FAX
> extension. Might ask this in a Windows forum.
> http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/faxprod.nsf/0/f8eee94eade12e05852567320058f2e8?OpenDocument&seg=hm&lg=en&ct=us
>
> "Mirek Zi�ek" <moophone@gazeta.pl> wrote in message
>>
>> U�ytkownik "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> napisa� w
>> wiadomo�ci news:eIAE2haDJHA.524@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>> Do you have Norton?
>>> How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us
>>>
>>> Error message when you try to open a publication in Publisher:
>>> "Publisher cannot open the file" or "Publisher has detected a
>>> problem" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928890/en-us
>>

>> No, I'm not using NAV.
>> I read these links  before I wrote on gropu.
>> I think it is problem with SP3 to Windows XP PRO, because before
>> installation everything works perfect.
>> I have 30desktops (PC) in my office and every has the same problem
>> with publisher 2003.
>>
>> I find old ghost image of my PC with Window XP sp2.In first step I
>> updated office to SP3 and all patches form office.microsoft.com.
>> With that configuratino everything its working.Then I install SP3 to
>> Windows XP and after that I cannot open most of my files,tired on
>> 15PCs..the same error.
>> Picture with error http://www.astercity.net/~mirek/puberror.jpg
>>
>> Regards,
>> Moophone

is .cvr a fax extension in Poland?

Wisdom and experience come with age, they say, but I wish I could
remember the darn question

I'm just going by the message in the image.
C:\DOCUME~1\Mirek\USTAW1~1\Temp\25135796.cvr

According to this web site the .cvr extension is a Bitware Fax file in Poland.
http://extensions.pndesign.cz/file-extensions-list-beginning-with-c:f:c

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"GbH" <Geoff_Hannington@IEE.ORGasm> wrote in message
> Mary Sauer wrote:
>> Not sure I can help. The .cvr is a FAX extension. A Symantec FAX
>> extension. Might ask this in a Windows forum.
>> http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/faxprod.nsf/0/f8eee94eade12e05852567320058f2e8?OpenDocument&seg=hm&lg=en&ct=us
>>
>> "Mirek Zi�ek" <moophone@gazeta.pl> wrote in message
>>>
>>> U�ytkownik "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> napisa� w
>>> wiadomo�ci news:eIAE2haDJHA.524@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

>>> No, I'm not using NAV.
>>> I read these links  before I wrote on gropu.
>>> I think it is problem with SP3 to Windows XP PRO, because before
>>> installation everything works perfect.
>>> I have 30desktops (PC) in my office and every has the same problem
>>> with publisher 2003.
>>>
>>> I find old ghost image of my PC with Window XP sp2.In first step I
>>> updated office to SP3 and all patches form office.microsoft.com.
>>> With that configuratino everything its working.Then I install SP3 to
>>> Windows XP and after that I cannot open most of my files,tired on
>>> 15PCs..the same error.
>>> Picture with error http://www.astercity.net/~mirek/puberror.jpg
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Moophone
>

> is .cvr a fax extension in Poland?
>
> Wisdom and experience come with age, they say, but I wish I could
> remember the darn question

0
mary-sauer (6480)
9/3/2008 3:22:24 PM
Mary Sauer wrote:
> I'm just going by the message in the image.
> C:\DOCUME~1\Mirek\USTAW1~1\Temp\25135796.cvr
>
> According to this web site the .cvr extension is a Bitware Fax file
> in Poland.
> http://extensions.pndesign.cz/file-extensions-list-beginning-with-c:f:c
>

> "GbH" <Geoff_Hannington@IEE.ORGasm> wrote in message
>> Mary Sauer wrote:
>>> Not sure I can help. The .cvr is a FAX extension. A Symantec FAX
>>> extension. Might ask this in a Windows forum.
>>> http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/faxprod.nsf/0/f8eee94eade12e05852567320058f2e8?OpenDocument&seg=hm&lg=en&ct=us
>>>
>>> "Mirek Zi�ek" <moophone@gazeta.pl> wrote in message

>> is .cvr a fax extension in Poland?
>> --
>> --
>>
>> Wisdom and experience come with age, they say, but I wish I could
>> remember the darn question

Sorry Mary, I had just noticed that Mirek was posting from .pl
and thought that perhaps .pub in Polish translates to .cvr,
a bit off the wall perhaps but who knows?
--

Wisdom and experience come with age, they say, but I wish I could
remember the darn question

The site I suggested is a Czech site. The .pub extension is listed as a MS
Publisher file along with Ventura and some others. When I did a Google search
this is the web site that came up.
http://extensions.pndesign.cz/file-extensions-list-beginning-with-p:f:p

--

> Mary Sauer wrote:
>> I'm just going by the message in the image.
>> C:\DOCUME~1\Mirek\USTAW1~1\Temp\25135796.cvr
>>
>> According to this web site the .cvr extension is a Bitware Fax file
>> in Poland.
>> http://extensions.pndesign.cz/file-extensions-list-beginning-with-c:f:c
>>

>> "GbH" <Geoff_Hannington@IEE.ORGasm> wrote in message

>>> is .cvr a fax extension in Poland?
>>> --
>>> --
>>>
>>> Wisdom and experience come with age, they say, but I wish I could
>>> remember the darn question
>
> Sorry Mary, I had just noticed that Mirek was posting from .pl
> and thought that perhaps .pub in Polish translates to .cvr,
> a bit off the wall perhaps but who knows?
> --
>
> Wisdom and experience come with age, they say, but I wish I could
> remember the darn question

0
mary-sauer (6480)
9/3/2008 7:08:37 PM
> The site I suggested is a Czech site. The .pub extension is listed as a MS
> Publisher file along with Ventura and some others. When I did a Google
> search this is the web site that came up.
> http://extensions.pndesign.cz/file-extensions-list-beginning-with-p:f:p

Hi Maryl\,GbH :)

Thx for replay.

CVR file was generade form windows reprting system I think it format that M$
send error to their database.
Yes, I form Poland and error is form polish version of windows XP and Office
2003 but... at my offiice use english WinXP and Office 2003,problem is the
same.
I think this problem is releted with SP3 to WinXP....
Which version of service pack for windows are you use??SP3/SP2??

Regs,
Mirek

0
moophone (2)
9/3/2008 8:10:51 PM
Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I am using Vista.

--

> U�ytkownik "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> napisa� w wiadomo�ci
>> The site I suggested is a Czech site. The .pub extension is listed as a MS
>> Publisher file along with Ventura and some others. When I did a Google search
>> this is the web site that came up.
>> http://extensions.pndesign.cz/file-extensions-list-beginning-with-p:f:p
>>
> Hi Maryl\,GbH :)
>
> Thx for replay.
>
> CVR file was generade form windows reprting system I think it format that M$
> send error to their database.
> Yes, I form Poland and error is form polish version of windows XP and Office
> 2003 but... at my offiice use english WinXP and Office 2003,problem is the
> same.
> I think this problem is releted with SP3 to WinXP....
> Which version of service pack for windows are you use??SP3/SP2??
>
> Regs,
> Mirek

0
mary-sauer (6480)

XP: copy/paste from Access into Excel
Hello I am converting lots of Access/Excel apps to the XP version and I hav problems with the most stupid issues. Here is one of them: in the previous version (under NT) I could just copy and past tables/queries from Access into Excel (Crtl C/Crtl V) and everythin was working. Now the numbers are all formatted as text in Excel unless I past special (Biff5). I know I could use the Tools--> Analise it with Excel (from Access t Excel) but this opens the results in a new sheet and sometimes I nee to paste in a specified region of existing spreadsheets. Yes, I could also use pass through query ...

Outlook 2003 and Groupwise
Anybody have any idea on how to get Outlook 2003 to quit hanging/ not responding when using a Novell Groupwise Transport Provider ie groupwise 6.5. It pretty much hangs everytime. I have set up the Novell Default Profile etc reinstalled outlook and Groupwise multiple times. Please Help... Thanks I see you have not had any replies, I am having the same problem. Both GroupWise 6.5 and Outlook 2003 are screwed up. I'm waiting for a patch from Novell or Microsoft because it seems like a conflict in the messaging subsystem that I am not able to resolve. In the mean time I'm usin...

file share access to w2k8 host needed from image
hi, i am currently using vs 2005 r2 sp1 on a windows 2008 host machine (secured by ipsec). i now want to have file share access to my host from any image. when i try to run "net share \\<hostmachine>\c$" i do receive an error as following: "the network path was not found". please note: - either image client can access shares on different computers - i can access my host from any other client in network (no virtual one) using "net share \\<hostmachine>\c$" - stop ipsec on host does not change anything so the problem probably has to do with some f...

Missing installation code
Hi I have a Vista Business machine that I bought from Evesham who went bust a couple of years ago. I use this machine solely for running Visual Studio 2008. Recently this sarted to crash on opening. This seemed to be to do with .NET 3.5 SP1 failing to install in a windows update (even though it was installed) The machine won't go back to any restore point due to an "unknown error". I have uninstalled .Net 3.5 SP1 and reinstalled it and it still wants to apply the patch. I unistalled Visual Studion 2008 and it will not install again due to some error or other ...

Convert cvs file to excel file
the CVS file has 1000 records seprated by a comma when I try to open with excel it only take 256 records and places them in a single row I need to have all 1000 records placed in a single column is there a way to convert this file? Open it in Notepad/Wordpad etc and I'm assuming from your text that you will see something like the following:- 17,12,20,19,5,14,20,5,11,3 Do an Edit / Replace and replace , with ; (Replace comma with semi-colon) so that you now have 17;12;20;19;5;14;20;5;11;3 Copy the string and paste into a cell in Excel (Assume cell A1) Now put ={ at the front and ...

OWA and two exchange 2003 server
I have two 2003 exchange servers that both contain mailboxes. When users log into OWA that is hosted on my mx2 server, if their mailboxes are on the mx1 server they can not access from the outside because I only allow access to the mx2 server for now. I am in the process of moving mailboxes from mx2 to mx1 which will be my final hardware platform, but in the meantime users are compalining about the OWA. I can't make the mx2 server a FE because I still have mailboxes on that server. Any suggestions? 2 ways to do this: 1. allow access to MX1 (A record in external DNS, make neces...

Can Money 2003 Deluxe Import directly from Quicken files?
I had Quicken (2002, I think) installed on my old desktop and I added my old hard drive to a new system. However, I'm unable to find the install disk for Quicken, so I'm stuck with all my data in a set of Quicken files. There is a good deal now for Money 2003 Deluxe but it only works for me if it can directly accept or import these Quicken files, not some more generically formatted export file Does anyone know if this will work TIA In microsoft.public.money, jer042000 wrote: >I had Quicken (2002, I think) installed on my old desktop and I added my old hard drive to a new syste...

enter text 2 cells same time 2 different sheets
I want to enter text in cell in sheet 1 and have it appear in a cell on sheet 2 also Select both sheets, using Shift and left-click on the sheet tabs.............then select a cell and type away........the values will appear in the same cells on both sheets Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "jack" <crabber1@ comcast .net> wrote in message news:700AD143-4B2D-4523-8849-79D5FA132392@microsoft.com... > I want to enter text in cell in sheet 1 and have it appear in a cell on sheet 2 also Jack, If it's the same cell (same address) in the two sheets, you can select both sheet...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

SP3 xp failed to install catalog files during update
i have a fresh install of xp home with linksys wireless drivers, nvidia drivers, avg free and essential ms updates installed up to service pack 3 and nothing else installed. it downloaded the sp3 and started the install procedure the progress bar makes it to about a 3rd of the way through then gives me a message that it failed to install catalogue files there is no error code that went with the message. has anybody seen this happen yet? is there anything i can do? NOTE: *** IF Internet Explorer 7 or 8 are installed, UNinstall it now before applying SP3. Reinstall it afterwards...

Can not receive email #2
Thanks for reply. Actually my mail server is for internal test, so I set up internal DNS server for it. The client is using the DNS server. From the client, I can telnet the mail server for port 25 and 110. Client can send email out but can not receive email. Thanks for help! Lisa >-----Original Message----- >try to force a connection and see if the queue clears. >"Administrator" <administrator@norepliesplease.com> wrote in message >news:OSRqrb5qEHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >> Lisa, >> >> Go to http://AboutMyDNS.com and run their quick...

publisher #74

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Outlook 2003 does not "remember' previous email addresses when you type in their first name
Gurus, Using Outlook 2003. I thought Outlook 2003 "remembered" previous email addresses you typed? With people I've emailed before, I'll type their first name and Outlook pops up their address. However, my supervisor also running Outlook 2003 has to manually bring up the address book or type the last name for which Outlook will pop up the correct suggestion(s). He has enabled the following: Tools - Options - Email Options - Advanced Email Options - Suggest names while completing To, Cc, and Bcc fields My supervisor tested this. When he unchecks that box, the automa...

Conditional Formatting Excel 2003
Need for conditional formatting to be TRUE if a cell is equal to any of several cells. Trying to use conditional formatting formula in cell A20: =IF(G20=J$8:J $12,TRUE,FALSE) so as to have the condition (color condition for A20) to be true. G20 contains the letter "E," and J8 through J12 contain C-, D+, D, D- and E. This does not work The condition works fine for single cell comparatives as follows: =IF (G20=J$12,TRUE,FALSE), where J12 contains an "E" and G20 likewise contains an E. I tried naming the range of cells containing the letters (LowRatings) and used the foll...

utility to browse read-only PST files?
Everyone, Since Outlook refuses to browse through read-only PST files (yes, I know this is by design, and I still find it stupid that for read-only files it does not revert to basic functionality of just browsing through the mails, without the need to update any meta-data such as sort order etc.), does anybody know of any 3rd party utility that can do this job? greetings, Tom I don't think any util will open them since I think the lower level APIs demand they be read-write. <tomtorfs@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1134989524.109196.243610@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >...

Cash Flow Forecast stopped working on Money 2003
I've been using Money since the first version and am now on 2003. Yesterday, the cash flow forecast won't work anymore. Every time I click on the "Forecast Cash Flow" button on the Scheduled Bills and Deposits page I get the following message: "Please create at least on checking, savings, or cash account before you go to the cash flow forecast". I've checked my accounts and they're all functioning properly. And my archived files (I do an archive after every year) work properly - IE the cash flow forecast works. So it must be some problem with my mo...

File Not Found dialogue
Excel 2000 Do you know why the annoying "File Not Found" dialog box shows up? This happens when I move a few of the work sheets out of my main spreadsheet, which contains about 25 worksheets. In other words, I create a smaller file by exporting just 3 worksheets that are part of a large file that contains about 25 worksheets. If I click the "X" (File Close) button several times, the annoying dialog boxes finally go away, only to re-appear the next time I open the small file. The worksheets that I want to use to create the small file were originally prod...

Sending Publisher Files

problem in use money files after change of hard disc
I have using money since 1990 with constant updates, my latest update was in 2005. Recently my hard disc crashed and I have to change for a new hard disc, after install money, I was unable to open my money files which run satisfactorily before the crash. When I try to run openthe file it always says "the file is created by an older version of money, money will save a copy of the file and upgrade you file for use by the program". Then after a while a message apear saying that "money is unable to acess your file .....". Can any one help me. I have run the same file...

OL 2003 and Block Senders List
In OL XP, I could select several emails from my InBox and put them in my Junk Email senders list. OL 2003 doesn't seem to have that feature. While OL2003 seems to do a better job of handling Junk (on the high setting), I still get lots of junk that I need to block. Any solutions? ...

Publisher 2000 #23

Deleting multiple attachments in a 2003 message
In Outlook 2000, when you received an email with 20 attachments, you could select them all and click the delete button to remove them from the message at one time. In Outlook 2003, the only way seems to be by clicking each attachment individually, right clicking it and the clicking remove off of the menu one at a time. Is there an easier way? Jeffrey L ...