Publisher 2002 photo and graphic problems on xp

Microsoft Publisher 2002 works well on my old computer with Windows 98.
However, I installed Pub. 2002 in my new computer with Windows XP and have
many problems with photos and graphics just showing outline or no image at
all. Is 2002 compatable with Windows XP?

Yes, Publisher 2002 is compatible with Windows XP, it should work better than it did
on 98.

View, pictures, detailed display.
If this isn't the solution....

Even though your computer is new, it doesn't necessarily mean your video driver is up
to date.
Try this:
Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder, settings
tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab. If this allows viewing your images properly
then your graphic driver is failing you. Go to the manufacturer's web site and look
around.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Chugnuteditor" <Chugnuteditor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Microsoft Publisher 2002 works well on my old computer with Windows 98.
> However, I installed Pub. 2002 in my new computer with Windows XP and have
> many problems with photos and graphics just showing outline or no image at
> all. Is 2002 compatable with Windows XP?

0
gsauer (5094)

XP: copy/paste from Access into Excel
Hello I am converting lots of Access/Excel apps to the XP version and I hav problems with the most stupid issues. Here is one of them: in the previous version (under NT) I could just copy and past tables/queries from Access into Excel (Crtl C/Crtl V) and everythin was working. Now the numbers are all formatted as text in Excel unless I past special (Biff5). I know I could use the Tools--> Analise it with Excel (from Access t Excel) but this opens the results in a new sheet and sometimes I nee to paste in a specified region of existing spreadsheets. Yes, I could also use pass through query ...

vlookup problems
My vlookup of customer information is working fine until I add a customer to the list. The vlookup formula looks fine and it's referencing the proper worksheet (customer info). The range is fine (I'm assuming if the data range encompasses the entire worksheet it's fine) and the column indexes are correct. Yet, no data is returned to the destination cells. This only started happening after I added some customers to the customer info sheet. I'm not sure if this matters, but I've manually updated the source links also, hoping this would help. It didn't. Are there an...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

Problem using problem reporting
I noticed that windows 7 error reporting no longer works on my machine. It goes through the motions then reports it cannot connect to the error reporting service at this time, try again later. I have tried many times, same results each day. Any clue as to what might be wrong? Anyone heard of this error or know of a fix I'm using Windows 7 64 bit. Seen it reported a few times. The cause has worked out to one of three: 1.) Third party firewall 2.) Horked DNS 3.) Serious infection. Unfortunately, the third is the most common I've seen. -- Charlie. http://msmvps....

MS Money and Business 2002
I'm confused. I've been using MS Money 2002 on a Windows 2000 Pro pc since 2002. Now I'm running MS Money 2002 on an XP Pro pc. I received a message telling me I would no longer be able to log into Money 2002 since July 31, 2008. That was some time ago. Question: If one logs in using the "Offline" mode, can one continue to use this old version of MS Money? I don't care if nothing automatically updates. Thank you for your help. ...

Outlook Attachment problem
Hi, I have windows 2000 exchange server with service pack 3 and with all the hotfixes, some of our clients complaigning that thes attachments are corrupted when they receive emails from us , it works perfect some times and some times we need to resend the email to them which is very irritating to client and our users, Please suggest Any AV/Content Filtering/Gateways between your mail system and the external world? I would look there if its indeed happening on your end. On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 13:23:02 -0800, "Deeps" <Deeps@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >...

SP3 xp failed to install catalog files during update
i have a fresh install of xp home with linksys wireless drivers, nvidia drivers, avg free and essential ms updates installed up to service pack 3 and nothing else installed. it downloaded the sp3 and started the install procedure the progress bar makes it to about a 3rd of the way through then gives me a message that it failed to install catalogue files there is no error code that went with the message. has anybody seen this happen yet? is there anything i can do? NOTE: *** IF Internet Explorer 7 or 8 are installed, UNinstall it now before applying SP3. Reinstall it afterwards...

publisher #74

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Sending Publisher Files

CTreeCtrl Focus Problem (is this a bug?)
Hi I have a Dialog witha tree control and an edit control, in a configuration window type setup. Each item in the tree view has a type and some data assosciated with it, which can be edited in the edit control. Because the value can be a string or a number, I need to do some validation in the edit control. Essentially, I want to hold focus until the data is valid. The problem I am having is that when I click on another item in the tree view, the KillFocus event for the edit does not fire (or rather not at once). The order of messages seems to be: TVN_SELCHANGING TVN_SELCHANGED EN_...

problem in use money files after change of hard disc
I have using money since 1990 with constant updates, my latest update was in 2005. Recently my hard disc crashed and I have to change for a new hard disc, after install money, I was unable to open my money files which run satisfactorily before the crash. When I try to run openthe file it always says "the file is created by an older version of money, money will save a copy of the file and upgrade you file for use by the program". Then after a while a message apear saying that "money is unable to acess your file .....". Can any one help me. I have run the same file...

Publisher 2000 #23

Digitally signed Excel project problem
When trying to save a digitally signed Excel project in Office 2000, I get the error message "Excel cannot sign VBA macros when saving to this file format. ...... How do I fix this problem please? ...

Can you solve my problem?
Hi How can I randomly select six different numbers at any one time i.e lottery numbers. I have tried using the formula below, =INT(RAND()*49)+1, which works OK but I get repeated numbers in a line of six, can anyone help? Keith For one way, see: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/randint.html Usage: Select six cells and array-enter =RandInt(1,49) In article <boA7e.20406$Uc7.7578@newsfe2-win.ntli.net>, "Keith Robinson" <Keith.Robinson28@ntlworld.com> wrote: > How can I randomly select six different numbers at any one time i.e lottery > numbers. I have ...

Outlook 2002
This just started today. Outlook opens ok to the Outlook Today view and does a send / receive (I'm on DSL). When I click on a shortcut to any folder, i.e. Inbox, I get a quick view of that folder but then a page displays that says "Search results for "outlook:Inbox" Sorry, your keywords did not match any results. Please try again. On the address line it shows "http://www.jraun.com/search.php? search=outlook:Inbox" Any ideas If you click the folder names in the Folder List instead of the Outlook Bar, do the folders open successfully? -- Jocelyn ...

Publisher 2003

Problem with Data Migration Framework, nothing is migrated....
Hi, I am trying to get some data into CRM with Data Migration Framework, but I have some problems. I have followed the guide, but when I am doing the migrate process the data fails to migrate. To eliminate some issues I have tried to manaully insert a testrecord in the cdf_mscrm database using the SQL enterprise manager. The only data in the database is a single record in the cdf_account table with corresponding records in _ext and _info databases. The fields AccountID, OwningUser and Name has data, the other fields are empty. OwningUser has a value wich corresponds with a SystemUserId in the...

Sign on/off problem
my mother was using her system and while trying to change her background her system did a restart and on startup asked for a password ( she never had to use a password before) now when she gives it the password it log her on, the microsoft music starts then it logs her off, and then the password window comes up. I went into safemode tryed the administrator account but a blank password doesn't work. Neather does any of the passwords she has used for outlook or anyother app. Question 1 why is it loging on then loging off. Question 2 Can I use Safemode with command promt to res...

upgrade publisher

A problem occurs in ADO connection
When I run the code"m_pRecordset->PutCollect("Name",_variant_t("John"));", an error appears:"Current recordset doesn't support updating. This may be the limit of the program, or the limit of lock type selected." I connect the database in the following code: ::CoInitialize(NULL); m_pConnection.CreateInstance(__uuidof(Connection)); m_pConnection->Open("Data Source=MyDataSource;UID=;PWD=;","","",adModeUnknown); m_pRecordset.CreateInstance(__uuidof(Recordset)); m_pRecordset->Open("SELECT * FROM MyTable", ...

Money 2002 Investment Calculations
My Point is: I have been tracking my invesments since the beggining of the year. Sooooo.... my YTD return should be just as follows: Return = (Actual Market Value + Dividends) / (Initial Cost) Sooo.... My portfolio: Dividends: none Actual market value (according to Money): 11351 (Does not include cash, of course) Actual cost basis: 10759 (should not include cash, i believe it doesn't) RETURN: 11351/10759 - 1 = 5,5% YTD Return according to money = 3,29% !!!! WRONG!!!! And ACTUALLY, I don't know how the hell Money calculates the cost basis: In the Investment Performance report it says...