Publisher 2002 Mail Merge Problems

Hi!  I posted an inquiry on 2/21/04 regarding problems I'm
having doing a mail merge in Publisher 2002 (using
W98SE).  I read a post that said I may need to intall MDAC
file from MS...I did so and restarted my PC, but Publisher
still freezes after opening the source file (in this case
an Access database)and doesn't allow me to go to the next
step.  Any other advise?  I may end up just printing
labels and affixing them to the postcards I'm trying to
mail merge information into...your help is appreciated!
0
anonymous (74721)

Use a CSV (Comma Separated Value) file.
That will work.
In Excel you go to menu FILE > SAVE AS > CSV

donotknock (1941)

updated junk mail filters for ms outlook
Is there an improved junk mail filter and if so where can i go to download ...

Combine or Merge Issue
Greetings: First, I have machines with both Office 2000 and 2003, so I have both available if that matters. Now, the issue: Our company accountant generates a sheet every two weeks with 401(k) figures...what the employee contributed, what the employer contributed, etc. Each sheet is exactly the same as far as what data goes where, but the amounts sometimes change from pay period to pay period. So, at the end of the year, she has 26 sheets. Is there a way to create a 27th sheet and combine all the data from the first 26? For example, if in A3 we have a dollar amount that represents what E...

vlookup problems
My vlookup of customer information is working fine until I add a customer to the list. The vlookup formula looks fine and it's referencing the proper worksheet (customer info). The range is fine (I'm assuming if the data range encompasses the entire worksheet it's fine) and the column indexes are correct. Yet, no data is returned to the destination cells. This only started happening after I added some customers to the customer info sheet. I'm not sure if this matters, but I've manually updated the source links also, hoping this would help. It didn't. Are there an...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

outlook express as default mail handler
My office uses Outlook Express for email. I could switch to Outlook. Here's the problem: I can't get Outlook Express to become the default so my PDA will pick up the email. Tried Tools, Options, etc. Click on default and then click ok and then it goes right back to not being the default. I don't understand why. I'd rather keep using Outlook Express. If I give up on OE and try for Outlook and try importing the mail info/addresses from OE, I get an error message which says it's creating an Outlook.exe error log and drops out of the import. I can't find the log....

Problem using problem reporting
I noticed that windows 7 error reporting no longer works on my machine. It goes through the motions then reports it cannot connect to the error reporting service at this time, try again later. I have tried many times, same results each day. Any clue as to what might be wrong? Anyone heard of this error or know of a fix I'm using Windows 7 64 bit. Seen it reported a few times. The cause has worked out to one of three: 1.) Third party firewall 2.) Horked DNS 3.) Serious infection. Unfortunately, the third is the most common I've seen. -- Charlie. http://msmvps....

MS Money and Business 2002
I'm confused. I've been using MS Money 2002 on a Windows 2000 Pro pc since 2002. Now I'm running MS Money 2002 on an XP Pro pc. I received a message telling me I would no longer be able to log into Money 2002 since July 31, 2008. That was some time ago. Question: If one logs in using the "Offline" mode, can one continue to use this old version of MS Money? I don't care if nothing automatically updates. Thank you for your help. ...

Populating an e-mail address in a VBA Function
I have the following code in a button on a worksheet Before the lin that says Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSendMail).Show I wanted to put a default email address which can be hard coded and i known ie .to = "doctorv@anyhting.com" How can I put the To Address in this statement so that when they clic the button the address automatically appears in the To section of th email? Thanks Code ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=False, Contents:=False Scenarios:=False If Sheets("Level 2 Support Team Member").Range("b34").Value #1/1/2001# Then Sheets("Level 2 Suppo...

publisher #74

Junk Mail
I read the following recently. Does this change also effect the order of processing for Junk Mail and Out of Office replies. Do Out of Office replies NOT fire for junk mail? SP1 changes how the Junk Email filter works. Previously, Rules processed messages ahead of the Junk email filter and only messages not handled by rules were processed by the spam filter. SP1 runs the junk filter on all messages before processing the messages using the Rules Wizard. While this is a good thing for people who use multiple accounts and moves messages to different folders, it may require users to add mo...

Merging Domains?
We are merging with another company, and I need some steps on how to make this happen, email wise: someone@DomainA.com (my domain) someone@DomainB.com (merging company) Both currently exist, as seperate companies. I have set up new accounts on my exch 2003 server for DomainA.com. I need to get them on my exchange server (DomainA). Can I add their domain address to be allowed to have emails delivered to their new alias' on my company server? Is there a way to have their MX record and DNS of DomainB.com, be accepted into my current exchange 2003 server? I will slowly fas...

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Sending Publisher Files

problem in use money files after change of hard disc
I have using money since 1990 with constant updates, my latest update was in 2005. Recently my hard disc crashed and I have to change for a new hard disc, after install money, I was unable to open my money files which run satisfactorily before the crash. When I try to run openthe file it always says "the file is created by an older version of money, money will save a copy of the file and upgrade you file for use by the program". Then after a while a message apear saying that "money is unable to acess your file .....". Can any one help me. I have run the same file...

Digitally signed Excel project problem
When trying to save a digitally signed Excel project in Office 2000, I get the error message "Excel cannot sign VBA macros when saving to this file format. ...... How do I fix this problem please? ...

Publisher 2000 #23

Outlook 2002
This just started today. Outlook opens ok to the Outlook Today view and does a send / receive (I'm on DSL). When I click on a shortcut to any folder, i.e. Inbox, I get a quick view of that folder but then a page displays that says "Search results for "outlook:Inbox" Sorry, your keywords did not match any results. Please try again. On the address line it shows "http://www.jraun.com/search.php? search=outlook:Inbox" Any ideas If you click the folder names in the Folder List instead of the Outlook Bar, do the folders open successfully? -- Jocelyn ...

Publisher 2003

How do you check your office e-mail when out of the office?
How do I check my e-mail when out of the office? more detail on your setup would be required to answer that. "Office e-mail question" <Office e-mail question@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33B202BC-03CF-4CBF-93DC-A27639BA06A9@microsoft.com... > How do I check my e-mail when out of the office? If your office uses an Exchange server, then ask the mail admin if they have enabled Outlook Web Access, which allows you to view the contents of your Exchange mailbox via a web browser. He or she may also be able to set you up with a VPN, if your company uses...

Problem with Data Migration Framework, nothing is migrated....
Hi, I am trying to get some data into CRM with Data Migration Framework, but I have some problems. I have followed the guide, but when I am doing the migrate process the data fails to migrate. To eliminate some issues I have tried to manaully insert a testrecord in the cdf_mscrm database using the SQL enterprise manager. The only data in the database is a single record in the cdf_account table with corresponding records in _ext and _info databases. The fields AccountID, OwningUser and Name has data, the other fields are empty. OwningUser has a value wich corresponds with a SystemUserId in the...

Sign on/off problem
my mother was using her system and while trying to change her background her system did a restart and on startup asked for a password ( she never had to use a password before) now when she gives it the password it log her on, the microsoft music starts then it logs her off, and then the password window comes up. I went into safemode tryed the administrator account but a blank password doesn't work. Neather does any of the passwords she has used for outlook or anyother app. Question 1 why is it loging on then loging off. Question 2 Can I use Safemode with command promt to res...

upgrade publisher