Publisher 2002 locked file #2

I've a 12 user network running Publisher 2002 on Xp Pro PC's and a 2003 Server.

When one user opens a document none of the others can open the same shared
file on the network. It says that the file is locked because another program
is using it. Can't find any reference to this message in the Knowledge Base
or anywhere else.

Don't have this problem with sharing Word or Excel files as these give the
user the option to open the file read only, which is fine.

Are there any reasons or restrictions in Publisher that may be causing this
problem?

As a work-around I can save the file as a Web Page and users can open this
with no problems and then save it at a Publisher File in thier own folders

0
Glyn (7)

file share access to w2k8 host needed from image
hi, i am currently using vs 2005 r2 sp1 on a windows 2008 host machine (secured by ipsec). i now want to have file share access to my host from any image. when i try to run "net share \\<hostmachine>\c$" i do receive an error as following: "the network path was not found". please note: - either image client can access shares on different computers - i can access my host from any other client in network (no virtual one) using "net share \\<hostmachine>\c$" - stop ipsec on host does not change anything so the problem probably has to do with some f...

Convert cvs file to excel file
the CVS file has 1000 records seprated by a comma when I try to open with excel it only take 256 records and places them in a single row I need to have all 1000 records placed in a single column is there a way to convert this file? Open it in Notepad/Wordpad etc and I'm assuming from your text that you will see something like the following:- 17,12,20,19,5,14,20,5,11,3 Do an Edit / Replace and replace , with ; (Replace comma with semi-colon) so that you now have 17;12;20;19;5;14;20;5;11;3 Copy the string and paste into a cell in Excel (Assume cell A1) Now put ={ at the front and ...

enter text 2 cells same time 2 different sheets
I want to enter text in cell in sheet 1 and have it appear in a cell on sheet 2 also Select both sheets, using Shift and left-click on the sheet tabs.............then select a cell and type away........the values will appear in the same cells on both sheets Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "jack" <crabber1@ comcast .net> wrote in message news:700AD143-4B2D-4523-8849-79D5FA132392@microsoft.com... > I want to enter text in cell in sheet 1 and have it appear in a cell on sheet 2 also Jack, If it's the same cell (same address) in the two sheets, you can select both sheet...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

xp locks up with great plains 6.0
Has anyone experiences great plains locking up with windows xp sp2. Everything else works except when I go to print the program locks up. when I first get into great plains I can print for a while. If I am on great plains for a while without printing. Then when I go to print it locks up. I then have to have someone boot me off the great plains system. This only occurs in Great Plains. Thanks, Francisco. I would check the list of compatiable printers for GP 6.0 and see if it is on the "black list". You may want to try to download the latest print driver as well if y...

File and Print Sharing on Exchange 2003
Would there be any reason why I would need File and Print Sharing enabled on my Exchange 2003 cluster? I would like to minimize as much network services as possible and I can not think of any applicable use for FPS. I know mail slots use SMB but I do not believe Exchange 2003 uses mail slots??? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks, Brian Message tracking logs use a share so if you do remote admin you would lose this. There are two other shares in addition. I do not believe any are critical but be aware of what you will no longer have available. Nue "HoosierDaddy" <bjorgenson@...

MS Money and Business 2002
I'm confused. I've been using MS Money 2002 on a Windows 2000 Pro pc since 2002. Now I'm running MS Money 2002 on an XP Pro pc. I received a message telling me I would no longer be able to log into Money 2002 since July 31, 2008. That was some time ago. Question: If one logs in using the "Offline" mode, can one continue to use this old version of MS Money? I don't care if nothing automatically updates. Thank you for your help. ...

Can not receive email #2
Thanks for reply. Actually my mail server is for internal test, so I set up internal DNS server for it. The client is using the DNS server. From the client, I can telnet the mail server for port 25 and 110. Client can send email out but can not receive email. Thanks for help! Lisa >-----Original Message----- >try to force a connection and see if the queue clears. >"Administrator" <administrator@norepliesplease.com> wrote in message >news:OSRqrb5qEHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >> Lisa, >> >> Go to http://AboutMyDNS.com and run their quick...

publisher #74

SP3 xp failed to install catalog files during update
i have a fresh install of xp home with linksys wireless drivers, nvidia drivers, avg free and essential ms updates installed up to service pack 3 and nothing else installed. it downloaded the sp3 and started the install procedure the progress bar makes it to about a 3rd of the way through then gives me a message that it failed to install catalogue files there is no error code that went with the message. has anybody seen this happen yet? is there anything i can do? NOTE: *** IF Internet Explorer 7 or 8 are installed, UNinstall it now before applying SP3. Reinstall it afterwards...

utility to browse read-only PST files?
Everyone, Since Outlook refuses to browse through read-only PST files (yes, I know this is by design, and I still find it stupid that for read-only files it does not revert to basic functionality of just browsing through the mails, without the need to update any meta-data such as sort order etc.), does anybody know of any 3rd party utility that can do this job? greetings, Tom I don't think any util will open them since I think the lower level APIs demand they be read-write. <tomtorfs@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1134989524.109196.243610@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >...

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

File Not Found dialogue
Excel 2000 Do you know why the annoying "File Not Found" dialog box shows up? This happens when I move a few of the work sheets out of my main spreadsheet, which contains about 25 worksheets. In other words, I create a smaller file by exporting just 3 worksheets that are part of a large file that contains about 25 worksheets. If I click the "X" (File Close) button several times, the annoying dialog boxes finally go away, only to re-appear the next time I open the small file. The worksheets that I want to use to create the small file were originally prod...

Sending Publisher Files

Sharing PST files
My partner and I each have different profiles (Windows XP) on our home computer, but have a shared email account. When I first set up the email account in Outlook 2002, I was logged into the computer as myself and just clicked on all of the default settings to establish the email account. However, I've discovered that she can't access the email account when logged into the computer as herself Is there some way to save all of the Outlook files associated with the email account to a shared folder and to instruct Outlook to look for that account information in the new location? &qu...

problem in use money files after change of hard disc
I have using money since 1990 with constant updates, my latest update was in 2005. Recently my hard disc crashed and I have to change for a new hard disc, after install money, I was unable to open my money files which run satisfactorily before the crash. When I try to run openthe file it always says "the file is created by an older version of money, money will save a copy of the file and upgrade you file for use by the program". Then after a while a message apear saying that "money is unable to acess your file .....". Can any one help me. I have run the same file...

Cash Drawer locked by another application
Hi everyone, I have a MMF cash drawer connected to an Epson TM-T88IV running on RMS 2.0. I've configured the OPOS for both the cash drawer and the receipt printer. Receipt printer works fine, but I can't open the cash drawer. I'm getting error 913: application is locked by another application. Could someone shed some light on how to resolve this issue? Thank you. We've had similar experience ... try powering off everything (PC included) and powering back on. This should kill the application that has locked the drawer. "MB" wrote: > Hi everyone, > ...

MFC-Storing View as Bitmap File
Hello All, I am Developing a MFC SDI application,where I want to store the CHtmlView Contents as Bitmap Image file.I have made CHtmlView as a Child of CView.I want to create this bitmap file when an button on the popup dialog is clicked.I want entire content of CHtmlView even though the poppup dialog is above the CHtmlView. Please tell me how to Implement this..I need it urgently.. Any sample code will be of great help. Thanks in Advance, pra Create a metafile DC and have it draw to that. You can probably just play the metafile back to a bitmap. By using a metafile as the intermediary,...

Publisher 2000 #23

Outlook 2002
This just started today. Outlook opens ok to the Outlook Today view and does a send / receive (I'm on DSL). When I click on a shortcut to any folder, i.e. Inbox, I get a quick view of that folder but then a page displays that says "Search results for "outlook:Inbox" Sorry, your keywords did not match any results. Please try again. On the address line it shows "http://www.jraun.com/search.php? search=outlook:Inbox" Any ideas If you click the folder names in the Folder List instead of the Outlook Bar, do the folders open successfully? -- Jocelyn ...

Publisher 2003

Can't lock cells
I have a spreadsheet in which I have locked certain cells, then I protected the spreadsheet (Tools >> Protection >> Protect Worksheet). However, I can still write to the locked cells. I can prevent that by not allowing users to select locked cells, but I would like them to be able to copy and paste. What am I missing? I am using Access 2003. -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com If you can still edit locked cells then you have not protected the worksheet properly. Or the cells you think are locked are not. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 05 May...