publisher 2002 files won't print correctly

Hi
For the last few weeks I have been having problems
getting some of my publisher 2002 files to print
correctly.
I am using a canon 2800 printer.
For files that are a few pages long all is working well.
When I am trying to print booklet files of more than 60
or so pages  the printer doesn't print them correctly nor
does it store them if I use print to store. When I try to
print to store it won't sotre and prints incorrectly.
The files aren't huge (around 5-8mgb)I have printed them
without probelms until a few week ago.
The printer is processing files from other programs
correctly.
I have managed to print these files from an old pc
running pub 2000.
I have downloaded the latest office updates (made no
difference).
I am running win xp pro and have downloaded an installed
sp2.
I am pretty sure it has worked correctly since I did this
although couldn't be certain.

any ideas out there...?

Thnaks

Ken
0
anonymous (74722)

Open your file and "save as" with a different name. You could be having some
corruption going on. Is your printer driver current, Publisher puts more demands on
printer drivers.
http://www.usa.canon.com/html/cprProductSupportDetail.jsp?section=10057&item=884&t=&m=&group_id=-1&type=Software&prodref=PS

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> For the last few weeks I have been having problems
> getting some of my publisher 2002 files to print
> correctly.
> I am using a canon 2800 printer.
> For files that are a few pages long all is working well.
> When I am trying to print booklet files of more than 60
> or so pages  the printer doesn't print them correctly nor
> does it store them if I use print to store. When I try to
> print to store it won't sotre and prints incorrectly.
> The files aren't huge (around 5-8mgb)I have printed them
> without probelms until a few week ago.
> The printer is processing files from other programs
> correctly.
> I have managed to print these files from an old pc
> running pub 2000.
> I have downloaded the latest office updates (made no
> difference).
> I am running win xp pro and have downloaded an installed
> sp2.
> I am pretty sure it has worked correctly since I did this
> although couldn't be certain.
>
> any ideas out there...?
>
> Thnaks
>
> Ken

0
gsauer (5094)
1/19/2005 11:12:22 AM
Hi Mary
I have tried that and also have tried copying and pasting
each page into a new document, neither of which worked but
deleting the old drivers and downloading a new has worked!
Thanks

could be having some=20
>corruption going on. Is your printer driver current,
Publisher puts more demands on=20
>printer drivers.
>http://www.usa.canon.com/html/cprProductSupportDetail.jsp?section=3D1005=
7&item=3D884&t=3D&m=3D&group_id=3D-1&type=3DSoftware&prodref=3DPS

>--=20
>Mary Sauer MS MVP
>http://office.microsoft.com/
>http://msauer.mvps.org/
>"Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message=20
>> Hi
>> For the last few weeks I have been having problems
>> getting some of my publisher 2002 files to print
>> correctly.
>> I am using a canon 2800 printer.
>> For files that are a few pages long all is working well.
>> When I am trying to print booklet files of more than 60
>> or so pages  the printer doesn't print them correctly nor
>> does it store them if I use print to store. When I try to
>> print to store it won't sotre and prints incorrectly.
>> The files aren't huge (around 5-8mgb)I have printed them
>> without probelms until a few week ago.
>> The printer is processing files from other programs
>> correctly.
>> I have managed to print these files from an old pc
>> running pub 2000.
>> I have downloaded the latest office updates (made no
>> difference).
>> I am running win xp pro and have downloaded an installed
>> sp2.
>> I am pretty sure it has worked correctly since I did this
>> although couldn't be certain.
>>
>> any ideas out there...?
>>
>> Thnaks
>>
>> Ken=20
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
1/19/2005 10:02:49 PM
Good to hear that you are up and running. Thanks for the feedback...

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
Hi Mary
I have tried that and also have tried copying and pasting
each page into a new document, neither of which worked but
deleting the old drivers and downloading a new has worked!
Thanks

0
gsauer (5094)

SKU119.CAB for Publisher 2002 Help
I have msiplaced my installation CD...I have my product ID and Version number close by....but, can't access my publisher files for some reason. Says I don't have access because the program is not intalled for current user. I am the only user on this computer. And somehow....I just can't get in now. Can someone help me find it...email the file to me...or something? Ric S EventDyn@aol.com Thank you Have you tried to do a repair? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "EventDyn" <EventDyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6545BA3A-185D...

Printing protected Form in Word Mac 2008 & Office Documentation
I received a form to be filled; filling the form is no a problem. I can see on the screen AND in preview mode the full form and its filled content. However, as soon as I want to print it I just get the template form with statements as {FORMTEXT} statements and so on.... Saving or printing as .pdf is he same !!!! Unfortunately, I have lost my original CD (assume that the documentation was in there) I just have my tiny yellow box with its barcodes and my invoice...... Is there a .pdf doc set of office 2008 avail somewhere ? I'm lost and there is nothing related in the OnLi...

Printing clips the side of the document words
Hello, I've just installed all the updates for Windows XP that were required and others also and have Office 2003 with Outlook 2003. I've tried to print an email message and the words in the narrative are clipped on the right and left margins. The "TO" "FROM" "SUBJECT" and all the other header information is aligned correctly and the problem is only with the main text portion. When I print regular WORD documents, I don't have this problem and my printer can print directly to the edge of the paper (Laser). The formatting is coming from Outlook a...

Microsoft Word
I'm trying to get a list of all the files a Microsoft Word document is hyperlinked to. Is there a way to have Word generate or show a list of all the files a Word document is hyperlinked to? Thanks On Tue, 4 May 2010 14:50:01 -0700, ikovy <ikovy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm trying to get a list of all the files a Microsoft Word document is >hyperlinked to. Is there a way to have Word generate or show a list of all >the files a Word document is hyperlinked to? > >Thanks Use this macro (see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm if...

printing labels
I have a new computer with Outlook Express. I am trying to print labels for Christmas cards through Word 97. I get a message that says "You do not have access to this folder, see your administrator" Since I do not have an administrator do you have any ideas how to get around this? I thought maybe I could print labels from the address book but I can't find a way to do that, either. Thanks for any help. Mail merges use Outlook, not OE. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Sally" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01a201c3bb6a$0a1261...

fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc71.lib'
I have a project that was built with VS 2003. After doing the auto conversion with VS 2005, I now get this error message when linking: fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc71.lib' There is only one .cpp file in this project. There is no reference to MFC71.lib in the project. Any ideas? > I have a project that was built with VS 2003. After doing the auto > conversion with VS 2005, I now get this error message when linking: > > fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc71.lib' > > There is only one .cpp file in this project. There is no reference to &g...

How can I prevent publishing "hidden slides" in Acrobat format
I just want to publish or create an Adobe file of my non-hidden slides. Any ideas? AFAIK, if the slide is hidden it won't print unless you tell it. Make sure that when you print the checkmark is removed from the Print Hidden slides. -- Michael Koerner MS MVP - PowerPoint "Lee Miller" <Lee Miller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:234764EA-EC7E-4E52-B2D7-5D3BEB95435E@microsoft.com... > I just want to publish or create an Adobe file of my non-hidden slides. > Any > ideas? ...

Printing

How do I import messages from mbox file to Outlook?
I want to start using Outlook for mail from Agent and Agent says their export to to an mbox universal UNIX file format. How then to I import this format into Outlook? SPeon <SPeon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to start using Outlook for mail from Agent and Agent says > their export to to an mbox universal UNIX file format. How then to I > import this format into Outlook? Many people find the conversion easiest to manage by first importing into Outlook Express (using the Netscape Communicator selection, since that also uses mbox format) and then exporting into...

pagesetup.printarea cannot getting infos from .xlsx file
Hi everyone, does someone can help me ? I'm working with C++ and I write access function to property of Excel application. I'm trying to find the printarea from a pagesetup of an excel file .xlsx but the string returned by printarea is void. I know, you gonna tell me that printarea isn't define on my file but if the same file is save on .xls with excel 2007 that's work fine. So I think there is a difference between this 2 files but how can I do to have informations from xlsx file thanks na-k ...

print two or more reports
I havea table that holds customer that requested a Brochure and the brochures they require I have 3 Different brochures. I have a report based on a query to print out brochure letter end of each day, but what i would also like to do is that i have 3 different brochure and customer might request just one or all 3 so i would like to print out the report that has the price list for which ever brochure they have requested What i would like is a button that will print out the brochure letter for the first customer and then print out the report with the price list that the brochure they requested...

Applying .prf file to new users
I have a configured .prf file that I'd like to have on a client image. Objective is to have any user who opens Outlook 2003 for the first time to have that locally stored .prf file automatically imported one time only. Issues: 1) Can't use login scripts 2) Can't uninstall and reinstall Office or Outlook I've read where you can edit the registry value at HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Setup\ImportPRF, but this only affects the user who is currently logged in. I've tried looking at HKEY_USERS and the ntuser.dat file for "Docs & Sett...

Connection problem between publisher and outlook (2003)
I've created a newsletter in publisher. I've clicked on send e-mail, then send this page as message. I get a messgae saying 'Publisher could not start the email program. Check network connection, etc' Outlokk is my email program and is up and running, there are no internet problems and other programs work fiine. I've tried detect and repair and also reinstalled office. Any other suggestions? -- Thanks Just checking - which version of Publisher? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "exmt...

.oft file extension
what is an .oft file extension and how do i open the file? An oft-file is an Outlook message template. In general you can just double click it to open it with Outlook (if you have Outlook installed of course). If that doesn't work you can also use; File-> New-> Choose Form...-> set Look In: to User Templates in File System-> browse to the location where you stored the oft-file. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info...

Office 98 Word won't print keeps asking for chooser
I've had Word 98 set up on a Mac running OS 9.1 for years, working fine. I've just gone to a dual-boot machine with OS 9.2.2 and OS X, and I did purchase and install Office vX for the OS X volume. But I also installed Office 98 again in the OS 9.2.2 volume. Everything seems fine but I can't print (nor can I use Page Setup). No matter how many times I go to the Chooser and select the printer, Word keeps telling me to go to the Chooser and select the printer. Can anyone help me with this? MS won't support this software (even though it's the only version they have for OS 9, is...

Tool to go through all .cs files and change specific calls
Hi! Is there a tool out there to go through entire code base and change all calls to a specific component to another component ? The code base is somewhat large and it would take me 2 weeks to do it manually. Infinite thanks in advance, --M On 22-03-2010 20:21, Mike wrote: > Hi! Is there a tool out there to go through entire code base and change all > calls to a specific component to another component ? The code base is > somewhat large and it would take me 2 weeks to do it manually. IDE refactor capabilities are not sufficient? Arne > >Hi! Is there a to...

Finding Font in Publisher 2002
I receive a warning that a font called "Enviro" is embedded in my doc. I can't find it anywhere, though, and have no idea where it came from. Does Publisher have a way to locate it in my doc? Thanks. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Jim Pearson <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I receive a warning that a font called "Enviro" is > embedded in my doc. I can't find it anywhere, though, > and have no idea where it came from. Does Publisher have > a way to locate it in my doc? What version o...

Large Log File?
Sorry this is very SQL orientated... I have a 14GB Log file and dont think this is correct? I run a full backup of the database every night. Shouldnt the log file only hold none completed transactions and once the transaction hits a point it writes it back to the database? please help as i think this could be affecting performance? Forget it, I solved it, set the recovery model to simple and shrank the log file... in the words of gordon ramsey "DONE" "Ian Watson" <rango20@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OStBgy$DJHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Sor...

correct password won't work
Hi, I had to reformat & reinstall Win XP Pro SP3. I reinstalled Money 2002 Deluxe v10.0. That went OK but I can not access my money file or restore the backup. I don't use any of the online features of the app. I know I am using the same password as it was the same one before I had to reformat. Any idea how I can open my file? Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Jawad wrote: > >I had to reformat & reinstall Win XP Pro SP3. I reinstalled Money 2002 >Deluxe v10.0. That went OK but I can not access my money file or resto...

Cannot open include file: 'iphlpapi.h':
A pre made project(in MFC) is given to me When I tried to build that project it is giving following error Cannot open include file: 'iphlpapi.h': No such file or directory Please help > A pre made project(in MFC) is given to me > When I tried to build that project it is giving following error > Cannot open include file: 'iphlpapi.h': No such file or directory > I believe this is part of Platform SDK. You will need to install the SDK. On my machine I can see this file in PlatformSDK\Include directory. I can also this under SmartDevices\SDK... directory. --- A...

How to check Required Form Fields before Saving or Printing?
Hello, I know that required form fields issue have been considered many times, but I searched the Internet and I can't find the solution to my problem. I have few form fields in my documents. In each document there is a different number of form fields. All form fields in each documents are required. Employee needs to fill all fields and then save and/or print the document. What I need to do.. is to check before every Saving or Printing if all fields have been filled. If not, pop up a message with FieldName which is missed. How can I do this? I'll be very grat...

Printing incorrect paper size
I have a large format ink jet printer. I can print up to size 13" by 19" (Super B) paper. In many documents I create in Publisher 2003, even though both Printer Setup and Page Setup show Super B 13"x19" paper, what prints only fits in an 8.5"x11" area. When I return to the Page and Printer setup it shows 8.5"x11" Letter. I have to keep changing the settings repeatedly and saving in random order to get the document to finally print correctly. There are not settings on the printer itself to dictate paper size. And sometimes Publisher will prin...

document for file I/O with VBA
Hi all, Where can I find a complete document about File I/O with VBA? I find it hard to find in help due to the way it is organized. I want to find ways to deal with files especially ".INI" alike text files using Open, Input, etc. (let me know if there are better ways). The functions I need are to seek lables like [General] and delte or replace data in the section. Thank you, muster <muster@gmail.com> wrote: >Where can I find a complete document about File I/O with VBA? I find >it hard to find in help due to the way it is organized. Access Type Writing Data ...

E-mailing publications in publisher
HELP! I want to save publisher files in a JPEG format to be able to e-mail flyers, for example, to my clients. Wayne <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > HELP! I want to save publisher files in a JPEG format to be able to > e-mail flyers, for example, to my clients. Why not use PDF? There are free converters online, e.g. at www.primiopdf.com. Publisher 2002 has a low-res Save as JPEG, Publisher 2003 a high-res one. And then there's SnagIt - JoAnn posted a tutorial a few weeks ago in the subject line "How to send a multipage newslett...

Urgent: Navigation Bar points to the pc instead of the index files
I am reposting this because I can't find my original post. 1. I have made 3 other website and solved this problem in the past but now I can't remember how (Laugh its ok). I made this site with pub 2003 www.eboatconsulting.com and 2 others. 2. The problem: When I publish my other site to the FTP server and look at the site with IE6, the navigation bars on the top and bottom point back to my c:\website\... folder and not the index folder on the ftp server (like it should). 3. The Question: What is the fix for this inside of publisher 2003? There most have been a fix with in pub 2003 I ...