Publisher 2000 won't open 2003

I know this has been asked many times over, but I can't seem to get a
definitve answer.  My prolbem is that I had 2003 on my computer before it
crashed.  After I reloaded windows I could not find my 2003 version and had
to use a friends that was 2000 version.  Now I can't open any of my files
that were created in 2003.  There does not appear to be any available
download for 2003, so what is the quickest and easiest solution.

Thanks

0
Rick

(I don't understand why you couldn't find a definite answer on this. It's
never been a gray area.)

"Using" a friend's program is actually stealing software unless your friend
gave you the program because he/she was no longer using it.

Beside that, no, there is no way unless you can get someone to do a Save As
and save them as a 2000 version. In doing that you risk losing something
that was adding to Publisher in 2002 or 2003 and having HUGE files due to
the different way Pub 2000 handles graphics.

I would suggest you look long and hard for that Pub 2003 CD or get your
credit card handy.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Rick J" <u25517@uwe> wrote in message news:6509423f61e26@uwe...
>I know this has been asked many times over, but I can't seem to get a
> definitve answer.  My prolbem is that I had 2003 on my computer before it
> crashed.  After I reloaded windows I could not find my 2003 version and
> had
> to use a friends that was 2000 version.  Now I can't open any of my files
> that were created in 2003.  There does not appear to be any available
> download for 2003, so what is the quickest and easiest solution.
>
> Thanks

0
jl_paules (2767)
8/20/2006 6:09:07 AM
Rick J wrote:
> I know this has been asked many times over, but I can't seem to get a
> definitve answer.  My prolbem is that I had 2003 on my computer before it
> crashed.  After I reloaded windows I could not find my 2003 version and had
> to use a friends that was 2000 version.  Now I can't open any of my files
> that were created in 2003.  There does not appear to be any available
> download for 2003, so what is the quickest and easiest solution.

The "quick fix" solution would be to download the Beta version of 2007
Microsoft Office, which includes Publisher. This will open the 2003
files and save them in 2003 format. I do not recommend converting your
files to Publisher 2000 format, as there is always formatting loss,
sometimes quite severe.

The better solution would be to either find your copy of Publisher 2003
or get a replacement. Was Publisher preinstalled with your computer (OEM
license) or was it bought as a boxed copy (retail license)?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

Thanks

Ed Bennett wrote:
>> I know this has been asked many times over, but I can't seem to get a
>> definitve answer.  My prolbem is that I had 2003 on my computer before it
>> crashed.  After I reloaded windows I could not find my 2003 version and had
>> to use a friends that was 2000 version.  Now I can't open any of my files
>> that were created in 2003.  There does not appear to be any available
>> download for 2003, so what is the quickest and easiest solution.
>
>The "quick fix" solution would be to download the Beta version of 2007
>Microsoft Office, which includes Publisher. This will open the 2003
>files and save them in 2003 format. I do not recommend converting your
>files to Publisher 2000 format, as there is always formatting loss,
>sometimes quite severe.
>
>The better solution would be to either find your copy of Publisher 2003
>or get a replacement. Was Publisher preinstalled with your computer (OEM
>license) or was it bought as a boxed copy (retail license)?

Rick
8/20/2006 4:35:47 PM
Rick J via OfficeKB.com wrote:
> Ed, thanks for the reply.  My 2003 Pub was pre-installed .

In that case Publisher may be on the Windows installation disc; if
that's not the case then you will have to contact your PC manufacturer
for support, as Microsoft does not provide support for preinstalled
versions.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org
0
the_nerd (6344)

Exchange 2000 disaster recovery #3
This is a mess! My Domain Controller/Exchange Server experienced a fatal error. Drive D had some sector errors but is now functioning. This is where Exchange was installed. This error caused Drive M to "dispapear". At this point Exchange Manager says the Exchange Server cannot be contacted although all the automatic services are started. Drive D seems to have the data store files (hopefully in tact). I've now created a new machine in a new domain with a fresh install of Exchange 2000. I want to "recover" the data from the original Exchange 2000 server (rememeber th...

Outlook 2003 and Groupwise
Anybody have any idea on how to get Outlook 2003 to quit hanging/ not responding when using a Novell Groupwise Transport Provider ie groupwise 6.5. It pretty much hangs everytime. I have set up the Novell Default Profile etc reinstalled outlook and Groupwise multiple times. Please Help... Thanks I see you have not had any replies, I am having the same problem. Both GroupWise 6.5 and Outlook 2003 are screwed up. I'm waiting for a patch from Novell or Microsoft because it seems like a conflict in the messaging subsystem that I am not able to resolve. In the mean time I'm usin...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

publisher #74

Outlook 2003 does not "remember' previous email addresses when you type in their first name
Gurus, Using Outlook 2003. I thought Outlook 2003 "remembered" previous email addresses you typed? With people I've emailed before, I'll type their first name and Outlook pops up their address. However, my supervisor also running Outlook 2003 has to manually bring up the address book or type the last name for which Outlook will pop up the correct suggestion(s). He has enabled the following: Tools - Options - Email Options - Advanced Email Options - Suggest names while completing To, Cc, and Bcc fields My supervisor tested this. When he unchecks that box, the automa...

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Excel 2000 Toolbar Customization
I've customized the toolbars to my satisfaction and also created my own customized toolbar under 'views - toolbars'. The customized toolbars work great during a single Excel session. When I fire-up Excel the next time it's reverted to the as-delivered toolbars. What's wrong? How can I make a permanent change to the toolbars? Also on start-up, Excel sometimes opens two blank workbooks. What's that about? Thanks much for the help. On the custom toolbar issue: Run a search on your HDD to locate a file called Excel.xlb. If my guess is right. you'll find ...

Outlook for Office 2000
Need Help Badly! Have experienced a denied access to my outlook. cannot delete messages from any folder. message as follows: C:\Windows\Local Settings\application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst. could not be accessed.Access denied. have removed program and restored. have tried exporting - not working. help help help How big is the .PST file? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:54aa01c3e52b$44249b30$a001280a@phx.gbl, pd wrote: > Need Hel...

Sending Publisher Files

OL 2003 and Block Senders List
In OL XP, I could select several emails from my InBox and put them in my Junk Email senders list. OL 2003 doesn't seem to have that feature. While OL2003 seems to do a better job of handling Junk (on the high setting), I still get lots of junk that I need to block. Any solutions? ...

Publisher 2000 #23

Outlook 2002
This just started today. Outlook opens ok to the Outlook Today view and does a send / receive (I'm on DSL). When I click on a shortcut to any folder, i.e. Inbox, I get a quick view of that folder but then a page displays that says "Search results for "outlook:Inbox" Sorry, your keywords did not match any results. Please try again. On the address line it shows "http://www.jraun.com/search.php? search=outlook:Inbox" Any ideas If you click the folder names in the Folder List instead of the Outlook Bar, do the folders open successfully? -- Jocelyn ...

multiple email accounts in outlook 2003
I just migrated to outlook 2003 from outlook express. I have about 5 seperate email accounts that I have configured in outlook 2003. My problem is that no matter which email address I receive email on, when I reply to the message it will always be sent from the default email account. I know that I can click on the accounts tab to select which email address I can send from, but I am forgetting to do this, and I am sending most of my replies from the default account. I want to be able to automatically reply to a message using the emaill address that the message was originally sent to. Does ...

Stop a file from automatically opening in Excel 2000
How do you stop a file from automatically opening in Excel 2000? This file does not exist and there is nothing in the XLStart folder. Tools>options>general and uncheck ignore other applications -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Brenda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15e0501c4472a$7284c980$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do you stop a file from automatically opening in Excel > 2000? This file does not exist and there is nothing in > the XLStart folder. If you've ente...

Publisher 2003

Defrag Exchange 2000 Server
Is it safe to run the Windows defrag on a server that is running Exchange 2000? I have read conflicting reports and would like some feedback from this forum. Thanks. I'd advise against it and have never heard of someone recommending it. Todd "Rob" <rmfalconer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42B5A215-1214-47D6-9839-7825D088D808@microsoft.com... > Is it safe to run the Windows defrag on a server that is running Exchange > 2000? I have read conflicting reports and would like some feedback from > this > forum. > > Thanks. ...

upgrade publisher

Access 97 to Access 2003 DataBase conversion 08-30-07
Hi, We work in a mostly french environment. We have a standard image using MUI Microsoft products (XP and Office 2003 are MUI) Since the convertion of an ACCESS 97 BD into Access 2003, we experience a sort sequence problem when using: DoCmd.Openform or DoCmd.ApplyFilter A selection on a name like "Cot�" will return no record. Asking for "Cote" will return all records including "Cot�". I suspect a problem with MUI (multi-user interface) but I did not find any recommandation at Microsoft. Thanks. "Jacques Tr�panier" <zx_jacques@hotmail.com>...

Outlook 2003 quits (error) when started
Hi, I just installed Outlook 2003 and installed the service pack for it. But whenever I start Outlook up, it automatically checks my email accounts, and whenever it does that, it errors. It also makes duplicate copies of emails in my inbox. Here is the error msg I get: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp:408f2937 ModName: msvcrt.dll ModVer: 7.0.2600.0 ModStamp:3b7dfe39 fDebug: 0 Offset: 000320bc Anybody have a solution? Thanks sac16@comcast.net, Just a suggestion, but try setting your polling time to 5 minutes or more. This may help. Chri...

Microsoft Publisher ?

Oultlook 2000 CW and Exchange 2003 Read Receipts
Good Evening I am trying to prevent Read receipts from being automatically responded to in Outlook 2000 being setup with exchange 2003, in CW mode. I have tried editing the key in the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Outlook\Options\Mail\Receipt Response=dword:00000002 But this had no effect. I have had a look at the article on Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB:324636) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324636 However this is for exchange 2000, would this work in 2003 and if so, is it possible to download the hotfix without paying for Microsoft s...