Publisher 2000 will not open.

After upgrading from 98ser2 to XP Home, on
re-istalling my Office 2000 progs, all went on ok, but
not Publisher. It sits and is greyed out. I have to Con
Alt Del to get rid of it. I had Norton 2003 disabled when
I loaded it on.
I can open my Pub files already saved on my HD, from pre-
upgrade. They seem fine, although I have not tried to do
any work with them yet.

Anyone had this?
0
anonymous (74721)

Publisher was on Disk 2 when it was with Office 2000. Did you install Disk 2? What
version is opening the Publisher files?
OFF2000: Setup of Second Office 2000 CD, Does Not Remember Previous CD's Installation
Path
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;217674&Product=Off2kset

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Bluetooth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After upgrading from 98ser2 to XP Home, on
> re-istalling my Office 2000 progs, all went on ok, but
> not Publisher. It sits and is greyed out. I have to Con
> Alt Del to get rid of it. I had Norton 2003 disabled when
> I loaded it on.
> I can open my Pub files already saved on my HD, from pre-
> upgrade. They seem fine, although I have not tried to do
> any work with them yet.
>
> Anyone had this?

0
laserdog (1122)
5/8/2004 8:17:24 PM
Thanks for the info Mary. I did install CD2, as I have
done a few times before to solve a problem in the last
resort. Pubisher 2000 SR-1 is opening my existing files.
I once downloaded an Office undate from the MS Office
site and lost my Java applets on my entire suit of help
menues in Office, so I got things back to how I liked it
before that. That is how come I'm on an oldish version.
My clipart files are working ok from that CD, but I'll
try your advice and see what happens. I'll leave a note
here if I get lucky with it. Thanks again.

us;217674&Product=Off2kset

>--
>Mary Sauer MS MVP
>http://office.microsoft.com/
>http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
>"Bluetooth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message
>> After upgrading from 98ser2 to XP Home, on
>> re-istalling my Office 2000 progs, all went on ok, but
>> not Publisher. It sits and is greyed out. I have to Con
>> Alt Del to get rid of it. I had Norton 2003 disabled
when
>> I loaded it on.
>> I can open my Pub files already saved on my HD, from
pre-
>> upgrade. They seem fine, although I have not tried to
do
>> any work with them yet.
>>
>> Anyone had this?
>

>.

0
anonymous (74721)

How can I apply a Frontpage theme to a publisher document
I have tweaked a Frontpage 2003 theme for my website. I am now trying to create a Newsletter in publisher and would like to use the same theme, is this possible? Thanx in advance for any help! Manually, yes. Copy, paste, tweak, tweak, tweak. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "phoebe_cat" <71lisa@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1173353894.120637.226270@q40g2000cwq.googlegroups.com... >I have tweaked a Frontpage 2003 theme for my website. I am now trying > to create a Newsletter in publisher...

Move data from Doc1 to Doc2, end with 2nd doc open
Here's a quick synopsis of my macro - Macro is run from Doc1, which opens up Doc2, then returns to Doc1 & does a series of coping & pasting into Doc2. When the macro is done Doc2 should remain open for the user so they can see the message box, but both documents are automatically minimized when the macro is done. How do I keep Doc2 from minimizing? Application.WindowState = xlMinimized Windows("@Doc1.xls").Activate Range("H2").Select Selection.Copy Windows("@Doc2.xls").Activate Range("E1").Select ...

setting up forwarding through Outlook 2000
Is there a way to setup to automatically forward emails to another address through Outlook 2000 running Oracle? I tried the directions for Exchange but started receiving error messages that they could not be sent. What do you mean by 'Outlook 2000 running Oracle'? Have you tried using the Rules Wizard? "ras" <ras_nb@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e4Z66pi9FHA.2640@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to setup to automatically forward emails to another address > through Outlook 2000 running Oracle? I tried the directions for Exchange > but star...

How do I cross out a word in Publisher?
I have copied a Word document into a Publisher document. In the Word document there are some words that are crossed out. I want them to show as crossed out in my Publisher document...but they aren't. How do I cross out words in Publisher? You will need to draw a line and place it over the word. Grouping it with the textbox will keep it in place (as long as you don't change the size of the box). -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "NATCH-9" <NATCH-9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Why file opens so slowly?
I would welcome any insights as to why one of my Excel files opens soooo slowly. I'm running Win 2K, Excel 2000, with plenty of ram and free disk space. Normally Excel files open in less than a second. But this one has been taking more and more time, and recently took 10 - 15 minutes. Saving takes a long time too. Really the file is not very big, less than a megabyte. The file has three sheets. One sheet just has a few hundred words of text; the second sheet has only 20 numbers and a couple of column sums. The largest sheet has 54 rows and about 50 columns, only 12 of which are numbers, ...

Cannot open Excel File #2
Good day to all, why my computer cannot open excel file directly double click the file. very appreciate for those are help me. Thanks. -- Regards, AK Yeoh SMT Division Sanshin (M) Sdn. Bhd. Tel: 04-4257077 Ext:122 Fax:04-4259077 Hi! You can try the steps below: 1. Close Microsoft Excel. 2. Click the Start button, and then click Run. 3. In the Open box, type the following: "Excel.exe /unregserver" without quotation marks 4. Click the Start button, and then click Run. 5. In the Open box, type the following: "Excel.exe /regserver" without quotation marks Can yo...

Setup Outlook Rule to use Import --will not work when sending email from Adobe
Hello, Can anyone please help me figure out why an Import box will not automatically pop up whenever we 'cc' our document management program straight from Adobe? We have set up a Rule in Outlook to automatically open the Import so we can index our document into the right category by using the cc. However.... Some of the user's computers will not work with Adobe in having this box automatically open like it does if they were sending from Outlook. I have tried in vain to find where the changed setting is but to no avail. Why will Adobe not work with Outlook (or vice versa) in...

OE 7.0 won't open without reboot
Periodically OE 7.0 won't open without rebooting. On rebooting I get a message about closing diredtdbnotifywndproc. Any answers??? You might want to try an OE group. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002, 2003 and 2007 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in this newsgroup: news://msnews.microsoft.com.microsoft,public.windoes.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress If this group isn't carried on the news server that's carrying this group try using msnews.microsoft.com (MS's public news server that's the sourc...

Opening Outlook 2003 prompts installer for Office XP (MOS 03 Installed)
My confusion and *annoyance type problem* is this: I have Office 2003 Pro installed. All components work fine. But when I open up Outlook 2003, an installer box for Office XP pops up, and if I let it run it prompts me with a familiar box we all have seen for installing SPs or sometimes updates that "the feature you are trying to use is on a CD-Rom that is not available...Insert the 'Microsoft Office XP Professional Disk' and click OK.' It shows me an *error 1706*--"setup can't find the required files." Of course it can't; I'm not giving it an Office...

Problem Publishing to Server
I'm using FP2000 and am having problems publishing changes made on my computer When choosing the "Publish" command, I enter in the website address and then get the dialog box "Name and Password required". I enter the user name and password for my hosted site and this is not accepted. Error message reads "This operation requires author permission for www.(website name).80" Any ideas on how to resolve this issue? I have an urgent upload which needs to be made. Thanks in advance for your help!!! I would recommend checking with your web ho...

Just upgraded to Windows media player 11 now it will not play wma
I have jut upgraded my sons windows media player to vertion 11 and now I canot get the program to play wma files it keeps comming up with the following: "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. For additional assistance, click Web Help." It will play cd and radio and vidios?!!!!!! On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 01:31:02 -0800, Pete for SAM <Pete for SAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have jut upgraded my sons windows media player to vertion 11 and now I >canot get the program to play wma files it keeps comming up with the >follow...

Simple Question!! 2000 SBS user without client
Hi All I have a 2000SBS with intergrated (if thats the right word?) exchange server. I have multiple users: ie joe bloggs with email: joe.bloggs@domain.co.uk Users access their email via MS outlook Client. We have a user called 'info' - their for creating info@domain.co.uk How do i go about setting joe bloggs to collect info's email? Would it be forwarding, alias'es, two accounts on one email client???????? Please advise this simple task. Info was created as a user - only for the email address purpose, i guess this should have been only created as an Alias in the first p...

How do I add background sounds to Publisher Document
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to add sound to my Documnets. I send documents as e-mails and wnat to be able to add sound when the e-mail is opened. Mary wrote: > Can anyone tell me if it is possible to add sound to my Documnets. I > send documents as e-mails and wnat to be able to add sound when the > e-mail is opened. ================================= FWIW...the security settings of many of your recipients will prevent your content from being viewed in the e-mail message. If you are using Outlook Express...try the following steps: On the 'New Message' e-mail scree...

Outlook 2007, Windows Vista 64 bit
I used Outlook 2007 without any problem in Vista 32 bit before I upgraded from Vista 32 bit to 64 bit. I downloaded Office 2007 again and the first time I opened Outlook after that, I configured it with my mail settings(although it froze and never showed me the inbox). And whenever I try opening Outlook even in safe mode, the window stops responding and I have to kill it. I have uninstalled Office and tried reinstalling but to no avail. Please suggest a solution to this. I appreciate your help! Regards, Neha See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm ...

Cannot open outlook items recieved as an attachment
I received several attachments that are in 'outlook item' format and I cannot open them? What can I do? > I received several attachments that are in 'outlook item' format and I > cannot open them? What can I do? MSG files? Upgrade Google Desktop to the most recent release, uninstall it, or tell it to stop looking at msg files. -- -f.h It worked! thanks "F.H. Muffman" wrote: > > I received several attachments that are in 'outlook item' format and I > > cannot open them? What can I do? > > MSG files? Upgrade Google Deskt...

"Unable to start processing services. Could not open items. Try again."
I get the message whenever i start outlook XP. it's a relatively new issue. I have reinstalled Office XP several times (and updated to SP3) but nothing is happening. I cannot even open a new .PST file. It says that "Outlook cannot open/access specified folder". it makes no sense especially after a reinstall. Please help. TY in advance Try a new mail profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading...

Publisher 2003 Shared Workspace
Hope this is the right newsgroup! If not please keep the flaming to a minimum! We've just started using SharePoint to share our Word, Excel and Publisher docs. What I've noticed is that the Shared Workspace window doesn't appear when editing Publisher docs. With Word and Excel everything is as expected. Any ideas? Thanks Neil Smith Hi Neil smith (neil.smith@gmx.de), in the newsgroups you posted: || Hope this is the right newsgroup! If not please keep the flaming to a || minimum! || || We've just started using SharePoint to share our Word, Excel and || Publisher docs. || |...

Series equivalent in Excel 2000
Hi, Using Series in a chart it's easy to use a dynamic range of data within a chart. Unfortunately I'm using Excel 2000 so the series function isn't available. When I enter the range name Excel converts it to the real cell range. The range name is defined as: =OFFSET($B$1,COUNTA($E:$E)-70,0,70,1) (translated from dutch excel version) Is it possible to update the chart range automatically, maybe using the named range? Thanks for your effort. Kind regards, Gert In any version of Excel (97 through 2003) this is the behavior: you can enter a range name into the data range bo...

Published 2000 pictures make file sizes too big
I have scanned pictures using Microsoft Photo/Draw. The pictures are around 250 KB but when I put them in my Published document, the file grows to 14,000KB. I can't email them or save them on a floppy. How can I get this file size down You may have to convert the file to a pdf format. Publisher just make humongous files. You have several choices when it comes to a pdf converter program from freebees to Adobe Acrobat. The later is on the spendy side and the freebees may disappoint you. My choice after comparing 5 pdf converter programs was PDF-XChange, a very nice commercial produc...

In Publisher: Why are my embedded photos suddenly invisible?
Photos are invisible. I can click on the space and their "box" is still there. View, pictures, detailed display. If this isn't the answer, slide the acceleration down on your adapter. Control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab. If this solves your issue update your video driver. Go to the manufacturer's web site of your graphics card and look around. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Disque" <Disque@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2...

Outlook 2000 no longer runs
I have been running XP Home Edition and the Office 2000 Pro suite for some years. I keep them updated. This may not be related, but one morning recently I had an alert that an MS auto update had been installed and my computer had been restarted. The computer was hung and I had to reboot. Since then, I have not been able to launch Outlook 2000. Attempts to launch Outlook 2000 usually results in an "out of virtual memory, making it bigger" (not exactly those words, but it is the baloon from the task bar). I also note that on the splash screen the serial number(?) and product I...

Cannot see objects in detail view when converting from 2002 to 2000
Does anyone have any insight into why I cannot see any of the objects (table, queries, etc) when I convert an Access 2002 database to Access 2000 and try to view them in the View-Details mode? I can see them fine in the View-List mode though. Thanks ...

Open an Excel Spreadsheet to a Specfic Worksheet
Good Morning, I have tried the following with no luck... c:/yourfolder/book1.xls#'sheet1'!A1 Any other ideas? Thanks, Jody This worksheet formula worked ok for me: =HYPERLINK("file:////c:/my documents/excel/book2.xls#sheet1!a1","click me") Jody Baldwin wrote: > > Good Morning, > > I have tried the following with no luck... > > c:/yourfolder/book1.xls#'sheet1'!A1 > > Any other ideas? > > Thanks, > > Jody -- Dave Peterson Cannot be done via Command as you are attempting. Sheets cannot be selected to open...

Print errors HP/Vista/Publisher 2007/Xerox
I am having major problems with print errors since going to Vista and Pub 2007. I already loaded the Vista driver upgrade from Xerox, who says they have had numerous calls, and that it is Microsoft's problem. I have no problems printing Word or Excel files. I may get a few copies that are fine, but then start getting print errors and (usually) offending command: image, stack:dictionary. Then it prints a bunch of gibberish. What to do? Are you using printer fonts? Do you get the same results if you disable the printer fonts and use the application fonts. What is the exact error? ...

Outlook 2000 Archiving not working ?
I use to use the Auto Archive option but I have not been prompted in a while so I tried to manually archive. the Archive icon in the lower right side corner shows up but it disappears shortly there after and nothing moves to the Archive folder. I have it set to Archive stuff older than 1/1/2003 and there are messages in there from 2002? again, the archive icon shows but nothing happens?? I have the correct path in set for the Archive file. my archive file is 309mb Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA, Joe Check the Modified date on the items that aren't being archived ...