Publisher 2000 Publish error

Hi,
I'm working with someone using Publisher 2000 who has added an FTP site and
over a dial up connection tries to publish.
He proceeds and then gets an error as transfer seems to be attempted:

"Publisher could not save the file to the web. Please check URL or network
address."

He is saving as a web page and then trying to upload with appropriate
credentials.

I've asked that anti-virus (McAfee) and win XP firewall be off as well as a
web accelerator but the error persists.

I've Googled the error and have found scant information.

Any help is appreciated.

0
dp135 (2)

Try the following links for a possible answer:

"Publisher could not
save the file to the web".
http://tinyurl.com/4bs75

"publisher.webdesign"
http://tinyurl.com/2rhz7

--

John Inzer

"Dorothy" <dp135@att.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I'm working with someone using Publisher 2000 who has added an FTP site
> and
> over a dial up connection tries to publish.
> He proceeds and then gets an error as transfer seems to be attempted:
>
> "Publisher could not save the file to the web. Please check URL or network
> address."
>
> He is saving as a web page and then trying to upload with appropriate
> credentials.
>
> I've asked that anti-virus (McAfee) and win XP firewall be off as well as
> web accelerator but the error persists.
>
> I've Googled the error and have found scant information.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

0
oobie (2069)
3/30/2005 4:30:03 AM
On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 23:30:03 -0500, "John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote:
>Try the following links for a possible answer:
>"Publisher could not
>save the file to the web".
>http://tinyurl.com/4bs75
>"publisher.webdesign"
>http://tinyurl.com/2rhz7

Thank you for the links. I've still not figured it out but hopefully there
will be a tip in there that unlocks the mystery.

Dorothy

0
dp135 (2)

Exchange 2000 disaster recovery #3
This is a mess! My Domain Controller/Exchange Server experienced a fatal error. Drive D had some sector errors but is now functioning. This is where Exchange was installed. This error caused Drive M to "dispapear". At this point Exchange Manager says the Exchange Server cannot be contacted although all the automatic services are started. Drive D seems to have the data store files (hopefully in tact). I've now created a new machine in a new domain with a fresh install of Exchange 2000. I want to "recover" the data from the original Exchange 2000 server (rememeber th...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

Need advie with database error
I created a small Access 2000 database with one table. I am using a MS Access DSN driver with Snapshot RS (CRecordView with a single form). The database fails to open and returns "Data Truncated" error. I researched this at MSDN and there is a fix for a known bug in MFC 4.0. However, I am running VS 6.0 with SP-6 installed and should have MFC 4.2. Do I need to apply the patch or is something else wrong? Thanks! Data truncated indicates that a variable mapping in RFX has a length parameter less than the actual field length in your database. Search your source code and look fo...

publisher #74

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Outlook client for CRM 4.0 error starting up
Hello, I have the following problem when I startup the outlook client. I get error : Symptom 4 When you start the Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Outlook, you receive the following error message: An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality, try restarting Outlook. Additionally, Error event 80072f19 is referenced in the Application log: Event: 16941 A problem occurred initializing the initialization progress toolbar. Restart Microsoft CRM and try again. HR=0x80072f19. Context=. Function=CAddin::HrActivateAddin. Line=322. I got this one from I microsoft document, but the solut...

Excel 2000 Toolbar Customization
I've customized the toolbars to my satisfaction and also created my own customized toolbar under 'views - toolbars'. The customized toolbars work great during a single Excel session. When I fire-up Excel the next time it's reverted to the as-delivered toolbars. What's wrong? How can I make a permanent change to the toolbars? Also on start-up, Excel sometimes opens two blank workbooks. What's that about? Thanks much for the help. On the custom toolbar issue: Run a search on your HDD to locate a file called Excel.xlb. If my guess is right. you'll find ...

Outlook for Office 2000
Need Help Badly! Have experienced a denied access to my outlook. cannot delete messages from any folder. message as follows: C:\Windows\Local Settings\application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst. could not be accessed.Access denied. have removed program and restored. have tried exporting - not working. help help help How big is the .PST file? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:54aa01c3e52b$44249b30$a001280a@phx.gbl, pd wrote: > Need Hel...

Sending Publisher Files

Error Code 8000FFFF
Unable to upgrade MSN get this error 8000FFF -- Chawalit I. IT Consultant Phuket Butler Co., LTD “We Serve You Everything” Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/chawalit Phuket Property: http://www.phuketbutler.com "raj" wrote: > Unable to upgrade MSN get this error 8000FFF try go to here: http://www.phuketbutler.com/msnfix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946414 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "raj" <raj@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Runtime Error in Excel 2007
Runtime Error in Excel 2007 Everytime I open a .xls file I get a message that says Runtime Error R6025-pure virtual function call and when I click OK the program closes down. Unable to work on any files. I have installed all the updates available. Any help is appreciated. Curiously enough this seems to be related to Internet Explorer. Fwiw: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/925418 -- Jim "L J McKenney" <ljmac22@msn.net> wrote in message news:990a5590f5cb43209a29b135a7486f7f@ureader.com... | Runtime Error in Excel 2007 | | Everytime I open a .xls file ...

OMA older version error message
Hi all, I'm just updated Excgange 2000 to 2003 on Windows server 2000 sp4. When I try to access to OMA I have the following error message: Outlook(R) Mobile Access is supported only on Microsoft (R) Exchange Server 2003. Currently your mailbox is stored on an older version of Exchange server. Please contact your system administrator for additional assistance. Event Log: ========== source: MSExchangeOMA ID: 1802 User has Microsoft(R) Exchange server MBX, which is not running Exchange Server 2003. That server is not accessible by Outlook(R) Mobile Access. Exchange version is:...

Publisher 2000 #23

Stop a file from automatically opening in Excel 2000
How do you stop a file from automatically opening in Excel 2000? This file does not exist and there is nothing in the XLStart folder. Tools>options>general and uncheck ignore other applications -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Brenda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15e0501c4472a$7284c980$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do you stop a file from automatically opening in Excel > 2000? This file does not exist and there is nothing in > the XLStart folder. If you've ente...

Publisher 2003

C0070005 Error
As an exchange administrator I can do anything on the exchange server itself. On my workstation (windows 2003) I have installed the ESM Tools. When I for example want to add a smtp address, I get the C0070005 access denied error. I don't get the error on the server, even I log on with the same user. The second problem is, I cannot open the public folders in Outlook 2003 (You don't have the necessary rights or something like that). Again, only on my workstation. I have read lot's recourses in the newsgroups to the C007005 error (KB 323915, delegation wizard, ...). Nothing yet ...

divide by zero error
Hello All, Does anyone know how to stop the divide by zero error appearing in a cell. Thanks, Graham By testing the denominator as in: =IF(B1,A1/B1,0) =IF(N(B1),A1/B1,"") "Graham Bennet" <gbennet@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:eug$gN4kEHA.3876@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello All, > > Does anyone know how to stop the divide by zero error appearing in a cell. > > Thanks, Graham > > If A1=0, A2=20 for example, =A2/A1 will give #DIV/0 =IF(A1<>0,A2/A1,0) will give Zero if A1 is Zero, if not the result of the calculation, or =I...

Error number: 0x80090008 02-08-10
I've been working with Microsoft for over a month without resolution and it has now come down to reinstalling my operating system which I really would like to avoid. I noticed in December that I was not getting any update notifications so after about 2 weeks I went to the website for updates and when I click express I now get Error number: 0x80090008. This even comes up when I try to update windows defender software. I can't believe that there is no reference to what this error number refers to. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. Windows version would be...? W...

Defrag Exchange 2000 Server
Is it safe to run the Windows defrag on a server that is running Exchange 2000? I have read conflicting reports and would like some feedback from this forum. Thanks. I'd advise against it and have never heard of someone recommending it. Todd "Rob" <rmfalconer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42B5A215-1214-47D6-9839-7825D088D808@microsoft.com... > Is it safe to run the Windows defrag on a server that is running Exchange > 2000? I have read conflicting reports and would like some feedback from > this > forum. > > Thanks. ...

upgrade publisher

Microsoft Publisher ?