Publisher 2000 Install

I am trying to install publisher and I get a error stating Can not write to a windows protected file.  I am running this on an XP pc, could this have something to do with it?
0
kathiefel (1)

OFF2000: Error Message: Error 1932 Windows Installer Service Could Not Update the
Protected Windows File
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;299606&Product=Off2kset

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/default.aspx
"Kathie" <kathiefel@msn.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to install publisher and I get a error stating Can not write to a
windows protected file.  I am running this on an XP pc, could this have something to
do with it?

0
laserdog (1122)

Exchange 2000 disaster recovery #3
This is a mess! My Domain Controller/Exchange Server experienced a fatal error. Drive D had some sector errors but is now functioning. This is where Exchange was installed. This error caused Drive M to "dispapear". At this point Exchange Manager says the Exchange Server cannot be contacted although all the automatic services are started. Drive D seems to have the data store files (hopefully in tact). I've now created a new machine in a new domain with a fresh install of Exchange 2000. I want to "recover" the data from the original Exchange 2000 server (rememeber th...

Installation and location of MUD folder and database for multiple user account setup?
Installation and location of MUD folder and database for multiple user account setup? -------------------------------- Please don't scream at me, but I posted this message earlier today in the Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage Upon further reflection, I think that it's more appropriate to be listed and answered within the Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office. So I'm post a copy of it here. Hope that's OK. --------------------------------- Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage From: ...@comcast.net Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 12:20:57 -0700 Local: M...

Installing components for Microsoft Excel XP
I Need Help. I recently demoted my PDC to a standard server and joined another domain. Now when I attempt to access Excel I receive the following: =========================================== "Installing components for Microsoft Excel" Installing: "Microsoft Excel Feature" =========================================== It runs and then goes away but it does this every time I open Excel. How do I get rid of this message. I really don't want to re-install Excel. Things I have done. 1. Copied the old user's profile to the new one. 2. Move the Application Data...

Missing installation code
Hi I have a Vista Business machine that I bought from Evesham who went bust a couple of years ago. I use this machine solely for running Visual Studio 2008. Recently this sarted to crash on opening. This seemed to be to do with .NET 3.5 SP1 failing to install in a windows update (even though it was installed) The machine won't go back to any restore point due to an "unknown error". I have uninstalled .Net 3.5 SP1 and reinstalled it and it still wants to apply the patch. I unistalled Visual Studion 2008 and it will not install again due to some error or other ...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

SP3 xp failed to install catalog files during update
i have a fresh install of xp home with linksys wireless drivers, nvidia drivers, avg free and essential ms updates installed up to service pack 3 and nothing else installed. it downloaded the sp3 and started the install procedure the progress bar makes it to about a 3rd of the way through then gives me a message that it failed to install catalogue files there is no error code that went with the message. has anybody seen this happen yet? is there anything i can do? NOTE: *** IF Internet Explorer 7 or 8 are installed, UNinstall it now before applying SP3. Reinstall it afterwards...

publisher #74

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Sending Publisher Files

Outlook for Office 2000
Need Help Badly! Have experienced a denied access to my outlook. cannot delete messages from any folder. message as follows: C:\Windows\Local Settings\application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst. could not be accessed.Access denied. have removed program and restored. have tried exporting - not working. help help help How big is the .PST file? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:54aa01c3e52b$44249b30$a001280a@phx.gbl, pd wrote: > Need Hel...

Excel 2000 Toolbar Customization
I've customized the toolbars to my satisfaction and also created my own customized toolbar under 'views - toolbars'. The customized toolbars work great during a single Excel session. When I fire-up Excel the next time it's reverted to the as-delivered toolbars. What's wrong? How can I make a permanent change to the toolbars? Also on start-up, Excel sometimes opens two blank workbooks. What's that about? Thanks much for the help. On the custom toolbar issue: Run a search on your HDD to locate a file called Excel.xlb. If my guess is right. you'll find ...

Publisher 2000 #23

Stop a file from automatically opening in Excel 2000
How do you stop a file from automatically opening in Excel 2000? This file does not exist and there is nothing in the XLStart folder. Tools>options>general and uncheck ignore other applications -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Brenda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15e0501c4472a$7284c980$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do you stop a file from automatically opening in Excel > 2000? This file does not exist and there is nothing in > the XLStart folder. If you've ente...

Publisher 2003

upgrade publisher

Defrag Exchange 2000 Server
Is it safe to run the Windows defrag on a server that is running Exchange 2000? I have read conflicting reports and would like some feedback from this forum. Thanks. I'd advise against it and have never heard of someone recommending it. Todd "Rob" <rmfalconer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42B5A215-1214-47D6-9839-7825D088D808@microsoft.com... > Is it safe to run the Windows defrag on a server that is running Exchange > 2000? I have read conflicting reports and would like some feedback from > this > forum. > > Thanks. ...

Problems Installing Mac Office 2008 Home/Student Over Mac Office 2008 Trial
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Tried to install Mac Office 2008 Home/Student over an expired Mac Office 2008 Trial and ran into problems, when the application downloaded and tried to install Office 2008 12.2.0. MS Mac Support indicated that I needed to reinstall Snow Leopard. Thought that this was a bizarre solution. Has anyone else ran into this problem? Does anyone have a workaround that they can recommend? Appreciate any and all prompt responses. Many Thanks. ...

Microsoft Publisher ?

Oultlook 2000 CW and Exchange 2003 Read Receipts
Good Evening I am trying to prevent Read receipts from being automatically responded to in Outlook 2000 being setup with exchange 2003, in CW mode. I have tried editing the key in the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Outlook\Options\Mail\Receipt Response=dword:00000002 But this had no effect. I have had a look at the article on Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB:324636) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324636 However this is for exchange 2000, would this work in 2003 and if so, is it possible to download the hotfix without paying for Microsoft s...

Why is publisher newsletter not page wide when sent
When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it it is about 4" wide. I want it to be page wide when it is sent to a client. What do I need to do? What do you call "page wide"? If you had started with the email template, you would not have width issues. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Donna McDermed" <DonnaMcDermed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5974DDA0-2E2D-4495-A5EB-FBF8F543482B@microsoft.com... > When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it > it > is abo...

Publisher for MAC
I would like to be able to use some of the publisher features on my MACBOOK PRO, but have been unable to locate the software, I waited for Office 2008 for Mac and it wasn't there :( when are you going to have it available for we mac afficianado's? -- If you try it you can be sure if you don''t like it, if you don''t try it your assuming. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see t...