Publisher 2000 business card setup

What are the settings in 2000 for a business card 3.66" by 2.13" so that the
card will fill the screen when it is converted to a pdf?  I can created a
single image of those dimensions in the center of a letter size sheet but if
I try to download that into Overnight Prints website it will not work.  The
PDF image  has to fill the screen in Adobe Reader 6.0 for it to work.
0
Nitro4 (12)

You need to setup a custom size in Acrobat. If you have used the *Special Size*
in page setup...

In Publisher, File, Print Setup, select Adobe PDF, Properties, click Add. Type
3.66 Width, 2.13 height. Give this custom setting a name. When you are ready to
print use this custom size.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Nitro4" <Nitro4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What are the settings in 2000 for a business card 3.66" by 2.13" so that the
> card will fill the screen when it is converted to a pdf?  I can created a
> single image of those dimensions in the center of a letter size sheet but if
> I try to download that into Overnight Prints website it will not work.  The
> PDF image  has to fill the screen in Adobe Reader 6.0 for it to work.

0
mary.sauer (2018)
1/13/2009 4:16:54 PM
Geez Mary, I hate to keep bugging you.  Overnight prints would not upload my
business card file because they wanted that larger size.  I managed to get to
a single image but I do not have an Adobe PDF printer because I do not have
Adobe Pro. I have Adobe 6.0.4. I have been trying to convert using a program
called Deskpdf but there are 50 or so size codes and I have no idea which to
use.  In page set up I have the card at 3.6 x 2.3 inches using custom size,
setting it is just the background page size in the preview window that is
driving me nuts.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> You need to setup a custom size in Acrobat. If you have used the *Special Size*
> in page setup...
>
> In Publisher, File, Print Setup, select Adobe PDF, Properties, click Add. Type
> 3.66 Width, 2.13 height. Give this custom setting a name. When you are ready to
> print use this custom size.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Nitro4" <Nitro4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > What are the settings in 2000 for a business card 3.66" by 2.13" so that the
> > card will fill the screen when it is converted to a pdf?  I can created a
> > single image of those dimensions in the center of a letter size sheet but if
> > I try to download that into Overnight Prints website it will not work.  The
> > PDF image  has to fill the screen in Adobe Reader 6.0 for it to work.

0
Nitro4 (12)
1/13/2009 4:34:00 PM
If I remember correctly, Acrobat 6 had custom sizes...

Are you using the same card as before? I still have it, do you want me to send
you the PDF of the new size? Is the Bodoni Poster Italic in the correct
position?

--

> Geez Mary, I hate to keep bugging you.  Overnight prints would not upload my
> business card file because they wanted that larger size.  I managed to get to
> a single image but I do not have an Adobe PDF printer because I do not have
> Adobe Pro. I have Adobe 6.0.4. I have been trying to convert using a program
> called Deskpdf but there are 50 or so size codes and I have no idea which to
> use.  In page set up I have the card at 3.6 x 2.3 inches using custom size,
> setting it is just the background page size in the preview window that is
> driving me nuts.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> You need to setup a custom size in Acrobat. If you have used the *Special
>> Size*
>> in page setup...
>>
>> In Publisher, File, Print Setup, select Adobe PDF, Properties, click Add.
>> Type
>> 3.66 Width, 2.13 height. Give this custom setting a name. When you are ready
>> print use this custom size.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Nitro4" <Nitro4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > What are the settings in 2000 for a business card 3.66" by 2.13" so that
>> > the
>> > card will fill the screen when it is converted to a pdf?  I can created a
>> > single image of those dimensions in the center of a letter size sheet but
>> > if
>> > I try to download that into Overnight Prints website it will not work.  The
>> > PDF image  has to fill the screen in Adobe Reader 6.0 for it to work.

0
mary.sauer (2018)
1/13/2009 5:09:48 PM
Mary,
Overnight just sent me an email saying they stretched the image to make it
work. You did reverse the fonts but that is no big deal, I went with it the
way it was.
What is the difference between Acrobat and Adobe, aren't they one in the
same?  I can size the business card exactly but when I go to print setting I
don't have an Adobe Print choice under printers, just my HP812,
Netitnow(whatever that is) deskpdf (which I downloaded from the net) and
paperport.  DeskPDF will convert it but the background is two large.  I've
got it down to about 4"by 4" but there are about 50 codes to choose from.
Thanks for all you have done.  Les

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> If I remember correctly, Acrobat 6 had custom sizes...
>
> Are you using the same card as before? I still have it, do you want me to send
> you the PDF of the new size? Is the Bodoni Poster Italic in the correct
> position?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Nitro4" <Nitro4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Geez Mary, I hate to keep bugging you.  Overnight prints would not upload my
> > business card file because they wanted that larger size.  I managed to get to
> > a single image but I do not have an Adobe PDF printer because I do not have
> > Adobe Pro. I have Adobe 6.0.4. I have been trying to convert using a program
> > called Deskpdf but there are 50 or so size codes and I have no idea which to
> > use.  In page set up I have the card at 3.6 x 2.3 inches using custom size,
> > setting it is just the background page size in the preview window that is
> > driving me nuts.
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> You need to setup a custom size in Acrobat. If you have used the *Special
> >> Size*
> >> in page setup...
> >>
> >> In Publisher, File, Print Setup, select Adobe PDF, Properties, click Add.
> >> Type
> >> 3.66 Width, 2.13 height. Give this custom setting a name. When you are ready
> >> print use this custom size.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Nitro4" <Nitro4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Nitro4 (12)
1/13/2009 7:54:05 PM
Nitro4 wrote:
> What is the difference between Acrobat and Adobe, aren't they one in the
> same?

Adobe is a software company. Acrobat is a product made by Adobe that
produces PDF files. (Adobe Acrobat Reader, now simply called Adobe
Reader, is a viewer for PDF files.)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Nitro4 wrote:
> > What is the difference between Acrobat and Adobe, aren't they one in the
> > same?
>
> Adobe is a software company. Acrobat is a product made by Adobe that
> produces PDF files. (Adobe Acrobat Reader, now simply called Adobe
> Reader, is a viewer for PDF files.)
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

0
Nitro4 (12)

Exchange 2000 disaster recovery #3
This is a mess! My Domain Controller/Exchange Server experienced a fatal error. Drive D had some sector errors but is now functioning. This is where Exchange was installed. This error caused Drive M to "dispapear". At this point Exchange Manager says the Exchange Server cannot be contacted although all the automatic services are started. Drive D seems to have the data store files (hopefully in tact). I've now created a new machine in a new domain with a fresh install of Exchange 2000. I want to "recover" the data from the original Exchange 2000 server (rememeber th...

Installation and location of MUD folder and database for multiple user account setup?
Installation and location of MUD folder and database for multiple user account setup? -------------------------------- Please don't scream at me, but I posted this message earlier today in the Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage Upon further reflection, I think that it's more appropriate to be listed and answered within the Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office. So I'm post a copy of it here. Hope that's OK. --------------------------------- Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage From: ...@comcast.net Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 12:20:57 -0700 Local: M...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

Balancing credit cards...really any accounts
I notice this whenever I balance my accounts, particularly the credit card accounts. Whenever I get done reconciling I am prompted to adjust the beginning balance for equal amounts positive and negative. Why is that? I could see having to do this one time, but I don't understand why it is every single time without fail. I've looked at the help files in my Money 2002 Standard and just don't see a whole lot that is useful. During the month, I may write and record payments to the credit card before the statement comes (expense reimbursement management). I do this by reco...

publisher #74

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Sending Publisher Files

Outlook for Office 2000
Need Help Badly! Have experienced a denied access to my outlook. cannot delete messages from any folder. message as follows: C:\Windows\Local Settings\application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst. could not be accessed.Access denied. have removed program and restored. have tried exporting - not working. help help help How big is the .PST file? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:54aa01c3e52b$44249b30$a001280a@phx.gbl, pd wrote: > Need Hel...

Excel 2000 Toolbar Customization
I've customized the toolbars to my satisfaction and also created my own customized toolbar under 'views - toolbars'. The customized toolbars work great during a single Excel session. When I fire-up Excel the next time it's reverted to the as-delivered toolbars. What's wrong? How can I make a permanent change to the toolbars? Also on start-up, Excel sometimes opens two blank workbooks. What's that about? Thanks much for the help. On the custom toolbar issue: Run a search on your HDD to locate a file called Excel.xlb. If my guess is right. you'll find ...

Publisher 2000 #23

Stop a file from automatically opening in Excel 2000
How do you stop a file from automatically opening in Excel 2000? This file does not exist and there is nothing in the XLStart folder. Tools>options>general and uncheck ignore other applications -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Brenda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15e0501c4472a$7284c980$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do you stop a file from automatically opening in Excel > 2000? This file does not exist and there is nothing in > the XLStart folder. If you've ente...

Publisher 2003

upgrade publisher

Defrag Exchange 2000 Server
Is it safe to run the Windows defrag on a server that is running Exchange 2000? I have read conflicting reports and would like some feedback from this forum. Thanks. I'd advise against it and have never heard of someone recommending it. Todd "Rob" <rmfalconer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42B5A215-1214-47D6-9839-7825D088D808@microsoft.com... > Is it safe to run the Windows defrag on a server that is running Exchange > 2000? I have read conflicting reports and would like some feedback from > this > forum. > > Thanks. ...

Microsoft Publisher ?

Oultlook 2000 CW and Exchange 2003 Read Receipts
Good Evening I am trying to prevent Read receipts from being automatically responded to in Outlook 2000 being setup with exchange 2003, in CW mode. I have tried editing the key in the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Outlook\Options\Mail\Receipt Response=dword:00000002 But this had no effect. I have had a look at the article on Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB:324636) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324636 However this is for exchange 2000, would this work in 2003 and if so, is it possible to download the hotfix without paying for Microsoft s...

downloading credit card info
I have set up a credit card account and I can download my purchases for the month in this credit card account. I also have a checking account set up from anotheer institution. My checking account shows this one transaction in my checking account for the payment of this monthly credit card bill. Is there a way to down load all the different credit card transactions into the "SPLIT" catagory of my checking account without manually entering and catagorizing each purchase? In microsoft.public.money, Jim wrote: >I have set up a credit card account and I can download my...

Why is publisher newsletter not page wide when sent
When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it it is about 4" wide. I want it to be page wide when it is sent to a client. What do I need to do? What do you call "page wide"? If you had started with the email template, you would not have width issues. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Donna McDermed" <DonnaMcDermed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5974DDA0-2E2D-4495-A5EB-FBF8F543482B@microsoft.com... > When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it > it > is abo...

Publisher for MAC
I would like to be able to use some of the publisher features on my MACBOOK PRO, but have been unable to locate the software, I waited for Office 2008 for Mac and it wasn't there :( when are you going to have it available for we mac afficianado's? -- If you try it you can be sure if you don''t like it, if you don''t try it your assuming. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see t...

Help Publishing Custom Form
I have published a custom task form to my Organizational Forms Library following the instructions here: http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=34. It works great, and now I have 2 quick questions regarding selecting the published forms: 1. Can I make the forms available by selecting the NEW menu, so I don't have to choose the form, and then browse to find it? I would like be able to select New and have it show my custom form there AND the default task form for that folder. 2. If not, I think I am supposed to be able to highlight the task folder, then select the ACTION menu and see ...

convert Publisher document to Word
I created name tags in Publisher and want to convert them to a Word document so I and type a different name on each tag. I did it once and can't remember how - have tried saving the Publisher file as a Word file, but it only saves the text, not the formatting. Help! Hi Paula (pkrantz@thediscoveryalliance.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I created name tags in Publisher and want to convert them || to a Word document so I and type a different name on each || tag. I did it once and can't remember how - have tried || saving the Publisher file as a Word file, but it...