Publisher 2000 #23

After adding a new profile on a Windows 2000 box,
Publisher decides not to work (Publisher has been working
many years previously on this desktop).

I'm getting the message:  "This application must be
installed to run.  Please run Setup from the location
where you originally installed the application."  I tried
the resolution to Article 269276 but that did not work.

If anyone has a suggestion or resolution, it would be
very much apperciated.

Thank you,

Steve H.

Exchange 2000 disaster recovery #3
This is a mess! My Domain Controller/Exchange Server experienced a fatal error. Drive D had some sector errors but is now functioning. This is where Exchange was installed. This error caused Drive M to "dispapear". At this point Exchange Manager says the Exchange Server cannot be contacted although all the automatic services are started. Drive D seems to have the data store files (hopefully in tact). I've now created a new machine in a new domain with a fresh install of Exchange 2000. I want to "recover" the data from the original Exchange 2000 server (rememeber th...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

publisher #74

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Sending Publisher Files

Outlook for Office 2000
Need Help Badly! Have experienced a denied access to my outlook. cannot delete messages from any folder. message as follows: C:\Windows\Local Settings\application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst. could not be accessed.Access denied. have removed program and restored. have tried exporting - not working. help help help How big is the .PST file? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:54aa01c3e52b$44249b30$a001280a@phx.gbl, pd wrote: > Need Hel...

Excel 2000 Toolbar Customization
I've customized the toolbars to my satisfaction and also created my own customized toolbar under 'views - toolbars'. The customized toolbars work great during a single Excel session. When I fire-up Excel the next time it's reverted to the as-delivered toolbars. What's wrong? How can I make a permanent change to the toolbars? Also on start-up, Excel sometimes opens two blank workbooks. What's that about? Thanks much for the help. On the custom toolbar issue: Run a search on your HDD to locate a file called Excel.xlb. If my guess is right. you'll find ...

Publisher 2000 #23

Stop a file from automatically opening in Excel 2000
How do you stop a file from automatically opening in Excel 2000? This file does not exist and there is nothing in the XLStart folder. Tools>options>general and uncheck ignore other applications -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Brenda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15e0501c4472a$7284c980$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do you stop a file from automatically opening in Excel > 2000? This file does not exist and there is nothing in > the XLStart folder. If you've ente...

Publisher 2003

upgrade publisher

Defrag Exchange 2000 Server
Is it safe to run the Windows defrag on a server that is running Exchange 2000? I have read conflicting reports and would like some feedback from this forum. Thanks. I'd advise against it and have never heard of someone recommending it. Todd "Rob" <rmfalconer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42B5A215-1214-47D6-9839-7825D088D808@microsoft.com... > Is it safe to run the Windows defrag on a server that is running Exchange > 2000? I have read conflicting reports and would like some feedback from > this > forum. > > Thanks. ...

Microsoft Publisher ?

Oultlook 2000 CW and Exchange 2003 Read Receipts
Good Evening I am trying to prevent Read receipts from being automatically responded to in Outlook 2000 being setup with exchange 2003, in CW mode. I have tried editing the key in the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Outlook\Options\Mail\Receipt Response=dword:00000002 But this had no effect. I have had a look at the article on Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB:324636) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324636 However this is for exchange 2000, would this work in 2003 and if so, is it possible to download the hotfix without paying for Microsoft s...

Why is publisher newsletter not page wide when sent
When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it it is about 4" wide. I want it to be page wide when it is sent to a client. What do I need to do? What do you call "page wide"? If you had started with the email template, you would not have width issues. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Donna McDermed" <DonnaMcDermed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5974DDA0-2E2D-4495-A5EB-FBF8F543482B@microsoft.com... > When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it > it > is abo...

Publisher for MAC
I would like to be able to use some of the publisher features on my MACBOOK PRO, but have been unable to locate the software, I waited for Office 2008 for Mac and it wasn't there :( when are you going to have it available for we mac afficianado's? -- If you try it you can be sure if you don''t like it, if you don''t try it your assuming. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see t...

Help Publishing Custom Form
I have published a custom task form to my Organizational Forms Library following the instructions here: http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=34. It works great, and now I have 2 quick questions regarding selecting the published forms: 1. Can I make the forms available by selecting the NEW menu, so I don't have to choose the form, and then browse to find it? I would like be able to select New and have it show my custom form there AND the default task form for that folder. 2. If not, I think I am supposed to be able to highlight the task folder, then select the ACTION menu and see ...

convert Publisher document to Word
I created name tags in Publisher and want to convert them to a Word document so I and type a different name on each tag. I did it once and can't remember how - have tried saving the Publisher file as a Word file, but it only saves the text, not the formatting. Help! Hi Paula (pkrantz@thediscoveryalliance.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I created name tags in Publisher and want to convert them || to a Word document so I and type a different name on each || tag. I did it once and can't remember how - have tried || saving the Publisher file as a Word file, but it...

How do I get upgarde for publisher 98 to 2000 ?
I have set up the publisher 98 but I have installed in office 2000 on my pc. My system is run win xp so now microsoft update office 2000 SR-1 ...so what shall I do then . aknz2004 wrote: >I have set up the publisher 98 but I have installed in > office 2000 on my pc. My system is run win xp so now > microsoft update office 2000 SR-1 ...so what shall I do > then . ======================================= If you want Publisher 2000, you'll have to purchase a copy of the program. You cannot upgrade Pub98 to Pub2000...they are two separate programs. -- John Inzer return e-mail...

Publisher 2000 Publish error
Hi, I'm working with someone using Publisher 2000 who has added an FTP site and over a dial up connection tries to publish. He proceeds and then gets an error as transfer seems to be attempted: "Publisher could not save the file to the web. Please check URL or network address." He is saving as a web page and then trying to upload with appropriate credentials. I've asked that anti-virus (McAfee) and win XP firewall be off as well as a web accelerator but the error persists. I've Googled the error and have found scant information. Any help is appreciated. Try the fo...

2003 publisher w/XP and 2007 publisher w/Vista
I have numerous publisher files in XP that I'm emailing to have opened in Vista. Although the file can be opened the text is scrambled. Any ideas? Were the files created with standard fonts? Maybe your recipient doesn't have the font you used on their computer. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "JULIEW" <JULIEW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CE85845-A3C2-4A00-80D7-81E27126C8B5@microsoft.com... >I have numerous publisher files in XP that I'm emailing to have opened in > Vista. Although the file can be opened the text is scrambled. ...