publish to the web using publisher 2003

I am using Publisher 2003 and am unable to publish my web page to the web. I
keep getting the error: Can not find the URL http://www.geocities.com/zyrae99
which is the information that was given to me from Yahoo! GeoCities for
hosting my webpage. Please can someone help me????
0
bright (3)

May I suggest posting your question to the publisher webdesign group?

BTW - how do stars shin?

JoAnn Paules
MVP Publisher

"stars are always shinning bright" wrote:

> I am using Publisher 2003 and am unable to publish my web page to the web. I
> keep getting the error: Can not find the URL http://www.geocities.com/zyrae99
> which is the information that was given to me from Yahoo! GeoCities for
> hosting my webpage. Please can someone help me????
Several good articles about publishing your site here:
http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=29

DavidF

"stars are always shinning bright" <stars are always shinning
bright@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using Publisher 2003 and am unable to publish my web page to the web.
> keep getting the error: Can not find the URL
http://www.geocities.com/zyrae99
> which is the information that was given to me from Yahoo! GeoCities for
> hosting my webpage. Please can someone help me????

0
Nope8657 (939)

Using InitModalIndirect and DDX_Control
I am creating a dialog template in memory and calling InitModalIndirect to create my dialog. In the documentation for CListBox Class it says: To use a list box in a dialog template, declare a list-box variable in your dialog box class, then use DDX_Control in your dialog box class's DoDataExchange function to connect the member variable to the control. (this is done for you automatically when you add a control variable to your dialog box class.) The declairation of DDX_Control is: void AFXAPI DDX_Control( CDataExchange* pDX, int nIDC, CWnd& rControl ); My question is...

Outlook 2003 and Groupwise
Anybody have any idea on how to get Outlook 2003 to quit hanging/ not responding when using a Novell Groupwise Transport Provider ie groupwise 6.5. It pretty much hangs everytime. I have set up the Novell Default Profile etc reinstalled outlook and Groupwise multiple times. Please Help... Thanks I see you have not had any replies, I am having the same problem. Both GroupWise 6.5 and Outlook 2003 are screwed up. I'm waiting for a patch from Novell or Microsoft because it seems like a conflict in the messaging subsystem that I am not able to resolve. In the mean time I'm usin...

Putting Excel-based Football Pools on the Web
Hi, everyone. I have been running the office football (US) pool for a few years with a pretty nice Excel model. The way it currently works is that I send out a file with the games of the week listed and people pick the teams that they think will win and by how many points. They send their individual sheets back to me and I copy and paste the relevant cells into the master model. This was ok when it was only a few people playing, but now there are a lot of people who want to play. What I want to do is put the model online somehow, but I don't know where to start. I would like people t...

Using Exchange Server 2003 EE as a Calendar Server
Dear Professionals, First of all, I'm not professional in Exchange server . I want to deploy a calendar server to manage events, meeting requests, individual calendars of employees and so on. I decided to install Exchange server 2003 EE for that. Now, I have two questions: 1)- How to achieve this task (main steps). 2)- Is it possible to use this feature without creating mailboxes for users but just create mail addresses (in the future, I may plan to switch corporate mail server to exchange instead of Linux)? Thanks and Regards, Tamer Shaalan. the only calendar you can have withou...

Can't recieve e-mail or visit our own web site
Outlook is not able to send or recieve any e-mail from our web address. It says it can't find the host server. What is strange is that I can browse the web anywhere but our own website. However, other computers have no problem visiting our website so I know it's this particular computer. It acts as though our web address has somehow been blocked so that I cannot visit it through internet explorer or recieve any e-mail through outlook. SpamBay (?) was installed on Outlook not too long ago, but I haven't been able to locate a problem there...any ideas? vms wrote: > Outloo...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

File and Print Sharing on Exchange 2003
Would there be any reason why I would need File and Print Sharing enabled on my Exchange 2003 cluster? I would like to minimize as much network services as possible and I can not think of any applicable use for FPS. I know mail slots use SMB but I do not believe Exchange 2003 uses mail slots??? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks, Brian Message tracking logs use a share so if you do remote admin you would lose this. There are two other shares in addition. I do not believe any are critical but be aware of what you will no longer have available. Nue "HoosierDaddy" <bjorgenson@...

Can not Drag and Drop when using imap
Hey, One of our users who uses outlook 2000 is having a very strange problem. At seemingly random times, he is unable to drag messages from one imap folder to another (ex. messages arrives in Inbox, and he wants to copy it to another folder). Basically, one he drags the message from the Inbox "area" to the "folders list area" his mouse turns into the "can't drop here" symbol (circle with line through it). Sometimes closing and re-opening the program fixes it, and sometimes he has to restart. What really throws a wrench into this is that he can right click...

Problem using problem reporting
I noticed that windows 7 error reporting no longer works on my machine. It goes through the motions then reports it cannot connect to the error reporting service at this time, try again later. I have tried many times, same results each day. Any clue as to what might be wrong? Anyone heard of this error or know of a fix I'm using Windows 7 64 bit. Seen it reported a few times. The cause has worked out to one of three: 1.) Third party firewall 2.) Horked DNS 3.) Serious infection. Unfortunately, the third is the most common I've seen. -- Charlie. http://msmvps....

publisher #74

Outlook 2003 does not "remember' previous email addresses when you type in their first name
Gurus, Using Outlook 2003. I thought Outlook 2003 "remembered" previous email addresses you typed? With people I've emailed before, I'll type their first name and Outlook pops up their address. However, my supervisor also running Outlook 2003 has to manually bring up the address book or type the last name for which Outlook will pop up the correct suggestion(s). He has enabled the following: Tools - Options - Email Options - Advanced Email Options - Suggest names while completing To, Cc, and Bcc fields My supervisor tested this. When he unchecks that box, the automa...

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Conditional Formatting Excel 2003
Need for conditional formatting to be TRUE if a cell is equal to any of several cells. Trying to use conditional formatting formula in cell A20: =IF(G20=J$8:J $12,TRUE,FALSE) so as to have the condition (color condition for A20) to be true. G20 contains the letter "E," and J8 through J12 contain C-, D+, D, D- and E. This does not work The condition works fine for single cell comparatives as follows: =IF (G20=J$12,TRUE,FALSE), where J12 contains an "E" and G20 likewise contains an E. I tried naming the range of cells containing the letters (LowRatings) and used the foll...

My licens is allready in use, by my self....?????
My office 2004, mostly entourage because I start that first in the = morning,=20 often starts with the message, that it is allready in use by "My Name", = but=20 the one who is using it is my self. There is no way that any one is = using my=20 licens, i bought it because I had the problem in office 2003. It can do = it=20 several time a day, but no pattern that I can detect. So if im using it, = is there=20 maby something on the mac, that is started twice, and there for = conflicting? Hope someone has dealed with the problem before, because im on the egde=20 of launching 25 new mac&...

The use of A + when referring to a cell
I was browsing an excel spreadsheet created by someone else and it wa using the IF statement along with nested formulas. The formul actually looks like: =IF(+B14<=$D$5,+$F$4-D14,0) My question is what does the + represent before cell B14. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I think it's a hangover from Lotus 123 users. In excel, you usually start a formula with =. In 123, it was +. Excel is usually very forgiving, but I think it's a waste of typing and makes things more difficult to read. +B14 is the same as B14 in this case. "sjenks183 <&qu...

Sending Publisher Files

OL 2003 and Block Senders List
In OL XP, I could select several emails from my InBox and put them in my Junk Email senders list. OL 2003 doesn't seem to have that feature. While OL2003 seems to do a better job of handling Junk (on the high setting), I still get lots of junk that I need to block. Any solutions? ...

problem in use money files after change of hard disc
I have using money since 1990 with constant updates, my latest update was in 2005. Recently my hard disc crashed and I have to change for a new hard disc, after install money, I was unable to open my money files which run satisfactorily before the crash. When I try to run openthe file it always says "the file is created by an older version of money, money will save a copy of the file and upgrade you file for use by the program". Then after a while a message apear saying that "money is unable to acess your file .....". Can any one help me. I have run the same file...

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Publisher 2000 #23

Web Service Customer CreditType
I am running GP 10 and using the Web Services to create and update customers using C#. I want to set the Credit Limit to Unlimited. However, I can see where to set the Credit Limit Type. There is a property for CreditLimit but not a field within for the type ( ex. No Credit = 0, Unlimited = 1, Amount = 2). Only fields to set the period and amount. If I try to set period as 1 then I get the following error: A validation exception has occurred. Validation Errors: - The Credit Limit PeriodAmount parameter can only be used when the Credit Limit Type is set to 2. Does anyone have an example c...

Publisher 2003