Pub error

I get the following message whenever I scan photos in Corel Photopaint and
copy paste into Pub 2003.  Happens on all my computers.  Happens after
scanning about 6 pictures or so.

Publisher cannot launch or communicate with the OLE server program needed to
complete the task.  There may not be enough disk space, or there may be a
problem with the server program.  To make more disk space available, delete
some unneeded files on your hard disk.  If you suspect a problem with the
server program, try reinstalling it.   Then try this task again.

Is there a way to correct this?

Scan your photos in, then insert them. Not copy - paste.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Wayne" <nospam@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>I get the following message whenever I scan photos in Corel Photopaint and
>copy paste into Pub 2003.  Happens on all my computers.  Happens after
>scanning about 6 pictures or so.
>
> Publisher cannot launch or communicate with the OLE server program needed
> to complete the task.  There may not be enough disk space, or there may be
> a problem with the server program.  To make more disk space available,
> delete some unneeded files on your hard disk.  If you suspect a problem
> with the server program, try reinstalling it.   Then try this task again.
>
> Is there a way to correct this?

0
jl_paules (2767)
9/12/2006 12:33:12 AM
JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
> Scan your photos in, then insert them. Not copy - paste.
===================================
In addition to JoAnn's excellent advice.
Scans can generate huge files...you may
want to consider resizing the images before
importing them into Publisher.

And the following articles may be useful:

(292276) General information about scanning
resolution in Publisher
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/292276/en-us

(827100) How to insert scanned images in
Office 2003 Programs
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827100/en-us

--

*********Notice**********
This is not tech support.

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you.

Proceed at your own risk.

John Inzer
Picture It! MVP

      Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

0
oobie (2069)

Viewing Publisher .pub document
Is there any viewer available to view and print a *.pub document? I think I found my answer in the (In)compatibility thread below. >-----Original Message----- >Is there any viewer available to view and print a *.pub >document? >. > ...

Can't create html file from pub file
I don't have Frontpage and I used Publisher for doing web page. Now I can't acess to some funcions, in the wb, because I have made a ".pub" file instead a ".html" file! What can I do??? Run Publisher, open your file and do, File Save as a Web page This will create the html files and the gif files. Upload all the files except the .pub file. And don't do what I did on my first web page project, deleted the pub file. You will need it to make changes with your web page. You open the pub file, make changes, save as a web page and upload the new files. Don ...

pub.edb usable for mail boxes
Is it possible to use the pub.edb for mail boxes, to free up disk space? "mike r." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to use the pub.edb for mail boxes, to free >up disk space? Not exactly. The Public store is just for public messages. There's nothing to stop you creating a structure in there and assigning permissions to it so that only the owners can access the folders and then using the store to allow users to archive old but still required messages in there. That's not an often used idea and it certainly doesn't give you any ...

Outlook sending errors.
I have recently got a program that helps my spam and junk=20 problem called Mail Washer (V4.1). The program works great but I am having a problem with=20 Outlook 2002. When I try to send a message I receive a=20 error quoting: Task 'mail.garethmyles.com - Sending and Receiving'=20 reported error (0x800CCC7D) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP)=20 server does not support SSL-secured connections. If SSL- secured connections have worked in the past, contact your=20 server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). =20 The server responded: ?=1E?$for more information.' And Task &...

received a 551 error message when sending an email
-- Barbara R. Griffin Barbara@BarbaraRGriffin.com "Barbara R. Griffin" <BarbaraRGriffin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6649DF7-CC94-4F8D-9339-2AB2BFDC243D@microsoft.com... > > -- > Barbara R. Griffin > Barbara@BarbaraRGriffin.com Please use this BIG WHITE SPACE to write your question. If you'd bothered to do ANY searching in this group you would have found a huge thread earlier today of which one post contained the following: " From AT&T: I apologize but we are undergoing a system maintenance. Would you pl...

Display errors in "Sent" folder
W7HP64 Twice in the last couple of days I have got an anomalous display in the "Sent items" folder in "Storage folders" for a newsgroup posting. In the Sent Items folder I have the columns "To", "Subject", "Sent", and "Account" showing. These have always been correct, but a couple of postings (to two completely separate newsgroups using different news servers) show my return email address in the "To" column, and nothing at all in the "Account" column. The "Subject" and "Sent" c...

Error at start up
Created new profile MS Windows XP. Started Outlook 2003 and received error "failed to start correctly last time. Start in safe mode". Clicked yes to safe mode and got second error "failed to open due to installation problem. Reinstall". Thing is: under another profile name Outlook opens just fine. No errors. Operates fine. Created a third profile MS Windows XP and got same errors. Ran several command switches with same result: failed to open due to installation problem." Wizard can't find software; no disk to insert. Question: why would Outlook work...

Error message: Style 'Percent' not found
Hi guys, I get the above error message in excel when i click on the percentage icon, any solutions to this silly problem. Thanks in advance Pantelis You're getting this because your "Percent" style has been deleted or is otherwise inaccessible. (Check Format / Style... and look for "Percent".) You can import the default styles from another workbook to correct this issue. Open the workbook with which you're having this problem (let's call it Book1 for now) and then click "New Workbook" to create a new book with the default styles intact (let...

pub 97, pub 2000, pub 2002
Do these share the same keyboard shortcuts and screen interface? Yes... There are some features in later versions that 97 did not have. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "liaM" <cuddly@mindless.com> wrote in message news:46e88bf0$0$27404$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr... > Do these share the same keyboard shortcuts and screen interface? Mary Sauer wrote: > Yes... There are some features in later versions that 97 did not have. > But is the basic idea of a workspace and are the various keyboard ...

Error 3356
Hi. I've been getting help with a DB. I have Access 2007. The person helping has an older version (2003 I believe - when I open it, it says it's in the 2002-203 format). I tried to convert it to 2007 and I got the error telling me that "you attempted to open a database that is already opened exclusively by user "Admin" on machine "LISA-PC". Try again when the database is available." 1 - This error only happens when I try to convert to 2007 or save as 2007 version. I tried to save it to another name as a 2002-2003 version and that worked. 2 -...

ICQ add-in error
I recently installed SP3 on my user's computers that are running Outlook2002. Now they get an annoying message box that appears telling them "a program is trying to access e- mail addresses - do they want to continue?" The MS Knowledge Base says to de-select the ICQ Express add-in from w/in Outlook. However, my users do NOT have the add-in installed at all. Any other suggestions? Then they probably have another addin. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for ...

Warning error 941
I upgraded the software last night it was ok But I came in Morning and Iam keeping getting massage erro 941 Security devive missing. I unplug the USB dongle and plug t back. I seen on corner New hardware found But WHEN I try install I am keep getting massege Hardware can not install error during the instaltaion. But in the second time Whem I open software I did'nt see massege error 941. When I look at device mager under hardware I seen USB RANBO SUPERPRO has yellow mark. I need help step by step I have solved the problem I had to upgrade the dongle "Gill" wrote: > I ...

OWA Pub Folder on Website
Can I create public folders calendars and have them available for the world to see? But only we can edit them? I want to add a calendar to our School District website and the Calendars in OWA 2003 on Exchange 2003 would be easy to manage. > Can I create public folders calendars and have them > available for the world to see? But only we can edit > them? Yes you can! Create a public calendar folder in your preferred manner. In Exchange System Manager, create a virtual HTTP server or a virtual directory with the desired name (let's say School as an example). Have this point t...

Can't edit story in Word (Pub 2000)
I have Office 2000 SB Edition, running on Windows 98 SE. When I am using Publisher 2000, and want to "Edit Story in Word" I get an error message. It says it can't connect with Word, and to "close other applications or free up memory", or to "reinstall the OLE server". I don't have any other applications running, and I have lots of free memory. I don't know what the OLE server is, or how to reinstall it. Can anyone help please? I have Office 2000 SB Edition running on Windows XP on another machine, and I do not get this problem there, just on the Wi...

Error, Windows Cannot find hcw file
I get this error when I do my build: "Error, Windows Cannot find hcw file". However, I build continues after I press OK and all is okay. I've done some reading about this on Google, but have not been able to resolve it. Maybe the experts on this forum and can help me better. Thanks >I get this error when I do my build: "Error, Windows Cannot find hcw file". It looks like your project is using the old Help Compiler Workshop. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=34D35502-4DE9-4676-952C-34CC7F64F098&amp;displaylang=en&display...

Resolving Case Error
Web client - One of my users is having problems resolving cases. The error message dialog appears with the following message: "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." I've checked the event viewer on the server but can't find any further information. The user is in the same Business Unit with the same Role as other users who can resolve Cases without a problem. The user owns the case that he's trying to resolve. We've run a full Publish through deployment manager and IISRESET to ensure all customizations were published....

Merging Records Error "The Text Entered Exceeds the Maximum Length
Sometimes when we try to merge 2 accounts in CRM 4.0 we get the error "The text entered exceeds the maximum length" and the merge does not take place. I have looked at all my field lengths on the account side and cannot figure out why I am getting this error. It never did this with 3.0. Does anyone know how to fix this or where I can even go to see what field is bringing this error? Tiffani Hi Tiffani, I assume that records created in 4.0 merge with no problem. Chances are that there is a field length from CRM 3.0 that was greater than a field length in 4.0 'out of t...

Pub Autoshape Problem
I can't edit Autoshapes in Pub2002, they disappear; I can in XP Word. Saved .GIF's still look choppy. Update your video drivers from the website of your video card manufacturer will fix your issue. GIF's that look choppy is not an issue with Publisher, but the resolution they were save at, and size you are making them. -- ...

error 871122
i tried to install the wireless connection with orange but i recive a message like 871122 error. what can i do? ...

Error Message When Opening File
Re: Excel 97 file [from Office 97 Pro Suite] which I created and have been using for years. Suddenly it will not open and gives the message "Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem...". This is a tax file with data from 3 years and will take weeks to recreate (if possible at all). I used the file on my home network (created on my desktop and accessed with my laptop) when the problem surfaced. (Used other Excel and Access files in this manner with no problems). Is there a utility avilable to correct this problem? Running XP Pro and Home M, Some possibilities: Try ope...

The MAPI Call 'OpenMsgStore' Failed with the Following Error #2
I am having a problem with an Exchange 2003 server. I recieve the following errors in the Event Viewer: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: Monitoring Event ID: 1005 Date: 4/13/2006 Time: 1:08:50 AM User: N/A Computer: QA1 Description: Unexpected error <<0xc1050000 - Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer. An unexpected, unknown error has occurred. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 80040115-0514-000006d9>> occurred. -and- Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: MAPI S...

v10 PA Payroll error
Hi Folks On GP v 10 SP 2. I am not registered for Payroll but I am using Project Accounting. If I try to add an employee under Payroll/Cards/Employee and I key in an Employee ID and tab off the field I get the error 'A get change operation on table 'UPR_MSTR' failed accessing SQL data'. If I click on More Info then the messages 'Invalid Column name 'EMPLSUFF' and 'Invalid Column name 'DEX_ROW_TS' appear. I am able to do the normal PA setups and I can do a ML or a Purchasing transaction, but the Payroll component seems broken. Does anyone have...

OL2003
A few of our employees are experiencing some problems with Outlook 2003. I will outline two of the major problems here, and hope that someone will be able to provide some solutions. Here we go. Problem 1: When an employee right clicks on an object on the desktop, and selects SendTo > Mail Recipient they recieve this error: A program error occurred. Quit Outlook and Microsoft Windows and then start again. This employee has had their box recently upgraded from OL2000 to OL2003. I've checked the registry settings for HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\shell\open\command and changed it fr...

CRM Reporting Services error
While I did search for an answer to this, I came across a single thread that started out as if it were going to answer my question and then just went off into left field. I'm currently trying to install CRM 3.0 and this is on a server with Server 2K3, SP1 with SQL Server 2K5. I've made it through most of the install but it stops when verifying information. The error I get is similar to what DougTX is reporting in the post SQL RS. The error I have is Specified Reporting Services Report Server http://server name/Default Web Site/ReportServer/global.asax was not found. I'll adm...

Server ActiveSync Error: HTTP_500 after applying SP1
Has anyone else had a problem with Server ActiveSync after applying Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1? We installed SP1, rebooted, no errors in logs and everything else is working fine, i.e., OWA, OMA, MAPI, IMAP, mail flow, etc. Only ActiveSync from our (Motorola MPx200) Windows Mobile 2003 SmartPhones is failing with this error: Syncronization failed because of a server error. Try again. Error code: HTTP_500 Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks in advance. I too am having the same problem posted here...http://groups.google.com/groups?q=exchange+2003+activesync+after+service+pack&hl=e...