pub 97, pub 2000, pub 2002

Do these share the same keyboard shortcuts and screen interface?
0
cuddly (32)

Yes... There are some features in later versions that 97 did not have.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"liaM" <cuddly@mindless.com> wrote in message
> Do these share the same keyboard shortcuts and screen interface?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
9/13/2007 9:03:50 AM
Mary Sauer wrote:
> Yes... There are some features in later versions that 97 did not have.

But is the basic idea of a workspace and are the various keyboard
shortcuts for the basic operations, the same as in Pub 97 ?

Thanks again and in advance ;)
0
cuddly (32)
9/13/2007 9:38:43 AM
The keyboard shortcuts are the same in later versions.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Mary Sauer wrote:
>> Yes... There are some features in later versions that 97 did not have.
>>

> But is the basic idea of a workspace and are the various keyboard shortcuts
> for the basic operations, the same as in Pub 97 ?
>

> Thanks again and in advance ;)

0
mary-sauer (6480)
9/13/2007 11:04:15 AM
Mary,

Too bad DavidA isn't around...he could say for sure, but wasn't there some
formatting features that could be controlled by keyboard shortcuts that were
taken away in newer versions? As I remember his rants about Pub 97 being the
only good version of Publisher, he often talked about the loss of those
features...I just can't remember the details. Perhaps the OP should plan on
keeping Pub 97 installed just in case there is some feature that has been
changed or removed?

DavidF

"Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> The keyboard shortcuts are the same in later versions.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "liaM" <cuddly@mindless.com> wrote in message
>> Mary Sauer wrote:
>>> Yes... There are some features in later versions that 97 did not have.
>>>

>> But is the basic idea of a workspace and are the various keyboard
>> shortcuts for the basic operations, the same as in Pub 97 ?
>>

>> Thanks again and in advance ;)

0
Nope8657 (939)
9/13/2007 1:24:14 PM
It wasn't the shortcuts. Publisher 97 went along with Office 97. It was the
features such as Monday calendars, ticket templates, bridge tally's, door
hangers and much more that was done away with. Publisher 98 pretty much looks
like all the Publishers that follow. I still use 97 now and then. Publisher 98
is not a happy camper on Vista. 97 works fine.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"DavidF" <Nope@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Mary,
>
> Too bad DavidA isn't around...he could say for sure, but wasn't there some
> formatting features that could be controlled by keyboard shortcuts that were
> taken away in newer versions? As I remember his rants about Pub 97 being the
> only good version of Publisher, he often talked about the loss of those
> features...I just can't remember the details. Perhaps the OP should plan on
> keeping Pub 97 installed just in case there is some feature that has been
> changed or removed?
>
> DavidF
>
> "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> The keyboard shortcuts are the same in later versions.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "liaM" <cuddly@mindless.com> wrote in message
>>>>

>>> But is the basic idea of a workspace and are the various keyboard shortcuts
>>> for the basic operations, the same as in Pub 97 ?
>>>

>>> Thanks again and in advance ;)

0
mary-sauer (6480)
9/13/2007 1:25:48 PM
Ok. Thanks for the clarification. I still have Pub 97, but it is on an old
Win 98se machine, that I haven't booted in months.

I don't believe that I said that it was too bad that DavidA was not around
<g>. In spite of his knowledge, he was often so caustic and rigid in his
thinking that he created all kinds of flame wars. While I don't miss that
part of him, I guess now I just remember more of the good than the bad. He
is probably out on his custom motorcycle in the outback somewhere
prospecting for gold...he is a character.

>>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>>
>>> "liaM" <cuddly@mindless.com> wrote in message

0
Nope8657 (939)
9/13/2007 2:34:58 PM
Mary, help! i can't seem to post a question in a new thread. if you read this
please advise me why I can't load publisher 97 on my new Vista computer. Must
I buy a new version and will it read my files from 97.  Will there be issues
transfering files from the XP computer.?Many thanks!
--
percept

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> It wasn't the shortcuts. Publisher 97 went along with Office 97. It was the
> features such as Monday calendars, ticket templates, bridge tally's, door
> hangers and much more that was done away with. Publisher 98 pretty much looks
> like all the Publishers that follow. I still use 97 now and then. Publisher 98
> is not a happy camper on Vista. 97 works fine.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "DavidF" <Nope@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > Mary,
> >
> > Too bad DavidA isn't around...he could say for sure, but wasn't there some
> > formatting features that could be controlled by keyboard shortcuts that were
> > taken away in newer versions? As I remember his rants about Pub 97 being the
> > only good version of Publisher, he often talked about the loss of those
> > features...I just can't remember the details. Perhaps the OP should plan on
> > keeping Pub 97 installed just in case there is some feature that has been
> > changed or removed?
> >
> > DavidF
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> >> The keyboard shortcuts are the same in later versions.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "liaM" <cuddly@mindless.com> wrote in message

0
tither (1)
11/26/2007 7:10:01 PM
Tither, I have Publisher 97 on this Vista computer, but I installed it before I
installed Vista. I tried to repair Publisher 97, Vista wouldn't run the
Acmsetup. I am looking for a workaround. Stay tuned.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"tither" <tither@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Mary, help! i can't seem to post a question in a new thread. if you read this
> please advise me why I can't load publisher 97 on my new Vista computer. Must
> I buy a new version and will it read my files from 97.  Will there be issues
> transfering files from the XP computer.?Many thanks!
> --
> percept
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> It wasn't the shortcuts. Publisher 97 went along with Office 97. It was the
>> features such as Monday calendars, ticket templates, bridge tally's, door
>> hangers and much more that was done away with. Publisher 98 pretty much looks
>> like all the Publishers that follow. I still use 97 now and then. Publisher
>> 98
>> is not a happy camper on Vista. 97 works fine.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "DavidF" <Nope@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> > Mary,
>> >
>> > Too bad DavidA isn't around...he could say for sure, but wasn't there some
>> > formatting features that could be controlled by keyboard shortcuts that
>> > were
>> > taken away in newer versions? As I remember his rants about Pub 97 being
>> > the
>> > only good version of Publisher, he often talked about the loss of those
>> > features...I just can't remember the details. Perhaps the OP should plan on
>> > keeping Pub 97 installed just in case there is some feature that has been
>> > changed or removed?
>> >
>> > DavidF
>> >
>> > "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message

0
mary-sauer (6480)
11/26/2007 11:34:01 PM
Tither, This is what I did to get Publisher 97 to install in Vista.
Right-click the CD drive containing the Publisher disk, click explore, scroll
down to setup.exe, double-click the file, Publisher should install.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

>>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>>
>>> "DavidF" <Nope@nospam.com> wrote in message

0
mary-sauer (6480)

MS Money 2002 Cash Flow
When I enter a new checking account as a business account it does not show the cash flow effect on the graph in the transaction window when I enter transactions. If I transfer the account to personal the cash flow shows up. It has the same effect in the cash flow forecast window - the business accounts dont show up - only the personal. The only help message is that closed accounts dont show up which does not seem relevant. Thanks That sounds familiar, 2002 didn't allow me in the UK to do that when I last used it. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.micro...

Doing charts in Excel 2000
i am still using the Excel in my Office 200 package. Where can I get udates to do better charts? All of the techniques shown here http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/index.html can be used to make more interesting chart best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "TVG" <TVG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD14A74C-8018-40FC-AA4F-FA0925208A78@microsoft.com... >i am still using the Excel in my Office 200 package. Where can I get udates > to do better charts? ...

Outlook 2000 Hangs
Is there an issue with Outlook 2k and Exhange 2k3? One of my user send a 8 megs email message to everyone. Outlook hangs when they tried to open it. But I have 5 users using Outlook 2003 did not have any problem. Please Advice, TIA Hangs for how long? Remember that with Outlook 2000 (unless you've specified to work Offline), none of your e-mail is stored locally, so you are opening that 8mb message across the network. I'd expect some lag. Outlook 2003 uses cached mode by default, so the message would be stored locally and that is what they would be opening. Other than that, ...

Windows 2000 GP installation #2
GP 9.0 Fully Patched/Updated Windows 2000NT console. When installing the integration manager this error pops up when copying files: " The windows installer service cannot update the system file C: \WINNT\system 32\msscript.ocx because the file is protected by windows. You may need to update your operating system for this program to work properly. " Clicking okay resumes the install and everything seems to proceed just fine. When running MS Dynamics GP a login and server can be selected but when you attempt to login to a company we get "The databse setup has not been co...

Viewing Publisher .pub document
Is there any viewer available to view and print a *.pub document? I think I found my answer in the (In)compatibility thread below. >-----Original Message----- >Is there any viewer available to view and print a *.pub >document? >. > ...

Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Access
I am running Windows 2003 AD and I was wondering if I can remove Authenticated Users and Exchange Domain Servers from Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible access. I am running exchange 2003. Thanks George Yes, that is the recommended in a windows 2003 AD. >-----Original Message----- >I am running Windows 2003 AD and I was wondering if I can >remove Authenticated Users and Exchange Domain Servers >from Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible access. I am running >exchange 2003. > >Thanks >George >. > ...

Access 2000 deleting records
Hello all, sorry for the previous post with nothing in it. Here is the problem I have resently upgraded an Access97 back end to Access 2000 due to size restrictions of Access97. we were running an Access 2000 frontend at that time. since converting to Access2k we keep getting "#Deleted" records "Can't save without edit or new" fields inside of records are "#deleted" and so on. I have run diags on equipment and found nothing out of the norm. Problem is intermittent, may go most of day without problem then get some or may start the day out with problem th...

Excel 2000 #2
In Excel 2000 toolbar and menu bar are missing when you open Excel. Tried using fix on website, says to search for file excel.xlb and rename it and then reopen Excel, but file does not exist. Have uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2000 and have not had success in getting toolbar and menu bar back. Word, Powerpoint and Access are okay, just Excel is missing the bars. Has anyone experienced a problem like this previously? Thanks!!!! >-----Original Message----- >Laureen Miles - > >> In Excel 2000 toolbar and menu bar are missing when you open Excel. Tried >usin...

Can't create html file from pub file
I don't have Frontpage and I used Publisher for doing web page. Now I can't acess to some funcions, in the wb, because I have made a ".pub" file instead a ".html" file! What can I do??? Run Publisher, open your file and do, File Save as a Web page This will create the html files and the gif files. Upload all the files except the .pub file. And don't do what I did on my first web page project, deleted the pub file. You will need it to make changes with your web page. You open the pub file, make changes, save as a web page and upload the new files. Don ...

Syncronising Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2002
I recently got a PDA. I am having some issue with Outlook. On the welcome screen on the pda it shows me that i have appoinments etc. If i actually go into the calendar there are no entries in there. When the devices are connected they appear to syncronise. Any ideas anyone? OL2002 cannot read OL2003 files. You'll have to upgrade. "Paul" wrote: > I recently got a PDA. I am having some issue with Outlook. On the welcome > screen on the pda it shows me that i have appoinments etc. If i actually go > into the calendar there are no entries in there. When the devices a...

Outlook 2000 and Vista ???
I can get Outlook 2000 to work with Vista. I have tried the fixes but they haven't worked. I get an err response that it can't find the wab.dll file ?? All Help is appreciated. "Bubey" <catlov@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:ejuld0nJKHA.4168@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I can get Outlook 2000 to work with Vista. I have tried the > fixes but they haven't worked. I get an err response that it > can't find the wab.dll file ?? > All Help is appreciated. I think you need to change mode to Corporate and Network.....(I think that's the term, ...

Despite formatting a column in Excel 2002 worksheet as Short Date.
Having created a column formatted as a date in a 2002 Excel spreadsheet the column a figure which seems to be the number of days from a date in 1900. It is recognised as a date in both the formula bar at the head of the spreadsheet and when the cursor is moved over the field. I have looked at all the options but cannot see anything that will change this. Can you please help Pete It sounds like you toggled the formula view (nice for debugging worksheet formulas). Tools|options|View tab|uncheck formulas. On my USA keyboard, I can toggle this setting with ctrl-` (control-backquote (the k...

Microsoft Office 2000
Can anybody tell me if the Excel included with the Microsoft Office 2000 software is Excel 2000. Thank you. Mindy Yes it is. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Newsgroups - Where you really can get a free lunch!! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:051201c3aede$2b510a90$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Can anybody tell m...

pub 97, pub 2000, pub 2002
Do these share the same keyboard shortcuts and screen interface? Yes... There are some features in later versions that 97 did not have. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "liaM" <cuddly@mindless.com> wrote in message news:46e88bf0$0$27404$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr... > Do these share the same keyboard shortcuts and screen interface? Mary Sauer wrote: > Yes... There are some features in later versions that 97 did not have. > But is the basic idea of a workspace and are the various keyboard ...

Outlook 2000 SP3 #5
Suddenly I cannot delete any item in outlook, appointments, in-box messages.... I gen an error that states: Errors have been detected in the file c:/Documents and settings..... Outlook.PST Quit all e-mail enabled applications, then use the in-box repair tool. I do this using SCANPST.EXE, same problem.. I've also done a complete DOS-Scandisk, no problems found. Can anyone help me?? How big is the file? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In ne...

Office 2000 & Office 2007
Just got a new laptop with windows 7. Had purchased office 2000 for my old pc, can I updgrade to Office 2007 or do I have to buy it all over again. Is so how ? "Kevan McArthur" <Kevan McArthur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0B994BB-CF9A-4053-8B09-D55B1B3894FE@microsoft.com... > Just got a new laptop with windows 7. Had purchased office 2000 for my old > pc, can I updgrade to Office 2007 or do I have to buy it all over again. > Is > so how ? You can upgrade to any upgrade edition of Office 2007. You will need the installation dis...

Excel 97 autosum changed by Excel 2002
I created a spreadsheet in Excel 97 which included, amoungst other formulae, several Autosum functions. When I opened this file in Excel 2002 the Autosum function decided to add several cells to the ones it was supposed to add. Opening the spreadsheet in Excel 97, no problem, the AutoSum only added the correct cells. I got around it by replacing the AutoSum with a formula, but would dearly like to find out what caused the error, as I have a large number of Excel 97 files that include AutoSum functions and will need to be opened in Excel 2002. many thanks Unclear what you mean. Auto...

Exchange Attributes missing from 2000 DC Controller
Hi guys, I have two questions that I am sure I shoudl know the answers to but thought I would get a quicker response from newsgroups than my memory; We have a windows 2000 domain that has been upgraded to windows 2003 schema but has no 2003 Domain Controlllers. There is one 2003 member server that is running Exchange 2003. 1: We can only modify/ view the Exchange attributes of active directory on the 2003 member servers active directory. Is there anyway of upgrading the active directory managers on the 2000 domain controllers to show the exchange attributes? 2: Where can I get the re...

Using Excell 2000 to do a bulk mailing in Outlook 2000
www.microsoft.com previously posted instructions on how to do this (http://www.microsoft.com/exceldev/articles/bulkmail.htm) When testing this I am unable to download the Microsoft Excel Bulk Mailing templates. Do these instructions no longer apply to version 2000 of Excel and Outlook. Sally sally.wittwer@gwinnettcounty.com Hi Sally Most of the Excel 97 links are dead on the MS site. I never used it but If you want the zip file mail me and I send you the file -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Sally" <anonymous@discussions.micro...

pub.edb usable for mail boxes
Is it possible to use the pub.edb for mail boxes, to free up disk space? "mike r." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to use the pub.edb for mail boxes, to free >up disk space? Not exactly. The Public store is just for public messages. There's nothing to stop you creating a structure in there and assigning permissions to it so that only the owners can access the folders and then using the store to allow users to archive old but still required messages in there. That's not an often used idea and it certainly doesn't give you any ...

Outlook 2000
Hi, I need to send a webpage as an email, so that when the recipient receives the email and opens it, the web page is there. How do I do that? I have tried going to action - send webpage as email - however the recipient still has to open the file (which is not the URL, but instead an outlook file). Any help would be appreciated. Debbie See http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/html.htm for several ways to do this. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for...

Revert back to Outlook 2000
I recently upgraded my outlook 2000 to outlook 2002. I do not care for the interface of outlook 2002 and would like to go back to outlook 2000. If I uninstall outlook 2002 will it revert back to outlook 2000? If not, is there a way to revert back to my old outlook 2000 program? Thanks, Keith "Keith" <keith.kufahl@plexus.com> wrote in message news:115501c36269$d59b03a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I recently upgraded my outlook 2000 to outlook 2002. I do > not care for the interface of outlook 2002 and would like > to go back to outlook 2000. If I uninstall outlook...

OWA Pub Folder on Website
Can I create public folders calendars and have them available for the world to see? But only we can edit them? I want to add a calendar to our School District website and the Calendars in OWA 2003 on Exchange 2003 would be easy to manage. > Can I create public folders calendars and have them > available for the world to see? But only we can edit > them? Yes you can! Create a public calendar folder in your preferred manner. In Exchange System Manager, create a virtual HTTP server or a virtual directory with the desired name (let's say School as an example). Have this point t...

Suppressed 0's on the vertical axis in Excel '97
I got an error the first time I tried to post this earlier this afternoon, please accept my apologies if this is question is duplicated. The question has come up in a local users group: We are designing a column chart on excel 97, and we want to have a suppressed zero on the vertical axis. The automatic range comes up at 0 - 25. Individual data values are between 12 and 19. We want to make the vertical axis set at 10 - 20. Can this be done Thank you in advance for your thoughts, Gary Double click on the axis, and on the Scale tab, enter 10 for minimum and 20 for maximum. Don't re-chec...

"Microsoft Office 2000 patch for Microsoft CRM" 02-13-04
Can someone please send me a copy of the "Microsoft Office 2000 patch for Microsoft CRM" if they have it on the Office 2000 Supplemental CD for CRM. I haven't been sent this and waiting for reships etc is killing me. Thanks VERY Much to anyone who can help, You can email me at tonyfosterit@hotRemovEmail.com Take the remove bit out and thats the email addy (hotmail.com). Tony ...