Pub 2007 Question

I have 2007 and a Canon inkjet  ... when I go to print something a NEW
dialog box opens before getting to the actual Canon printer screen.  Is this
something in Pub 2007, or something else.  This new dialog screen draws a
small icon picture of what you are about to print .... and it takes forever
and is a pain ... would love to get rid of it.

0
xeroid (34)

It shouldn't take forever. Is your printer driver current? Is your
graphics/video driver current?

Are there lots of images or gradients in your publication?

What happens when you click the printer icon on the toolbar?

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Wayne" <xeroid@kos.net> wrote in message
>I have 2007 and a Canon inkjet  ... when I go to print something a NEW dialog
>box opens before getting to the actual Canon printer screen.  Is this something
>in Pub 2007, or something else.  This new dialog screen draws a small icon
>picture of what you are about to print .... and it takes forever and is a pain
>... would love to get rid of it.

0
mary.sauer (2018)

Cannot print from Office 2007
I have seen several postings on this on the web but no solutions. From time to time, I cannot print from Office 2007. I get the following error: You file cannot print due to an error on Xerox Phaser 6180. There are several possible reasons: Not enough memory Network problem Bad connections None of these things can be true since I can print from any other program (IE8, Adobe, photoshop...). Sporadically it will print but I have this problem more than not. It only started after I got a new computer with Win 7 on it. I am running the latest updates from both MS and Xerox. I h...

Windows 7 / Office 2007
Hi, Does anybody know which updates in Windows 7 that "screws" up macro-enabled spreadsheets in Office 2007 (Enterprise)? On Windows Vista the update was called KB973593, but I can't find this update on my system. So what's the equivalent update on Windows 7? Can someone help me out here? Anders ...

Lost my Acrobat menu when upgrading to Office 2007
In our Company we use the Snagit and the Acrobat Writer which places automatic menu for each program on the Menu Bar on top. Well when our Company pushed the upgrade of the Office 2007 these menus no longer appear. How can we get them back. Please advise You probably just have to activate the addins. Office button => Word Options => Add-Ins => Go button at the bottom. On a side note, Office 2007 comes with its own pdf generation tool which is often faster (and better) than the Acrobat one. Yves "giosejo" <giosejo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Some questions about Excel 2007 Charts
1. In Excel 2003, the line chart won't draw the value of #N/A and leaving it as an empty point. but in Excel 2007, it deal the value of #N/A as zero. In such condition. I could not drawing some conditional charts which could associate different scopes of value with different series and format them differently. 2.the dynamic chart in Excel 2007 seems to be disappointed, I could not combine the chart with form control. and the relative reference names( such as data1=OFFSET(Sheet1!$B11,0,0,1,COUNTA(Sheet1!$1:$1)-1) could not function too. maybe you could find it by the sample of John Walke...

Can't create html file from pub file
I don't have Frontpage and I used Publisher for doing web page. Now I can't acess to some funcions, in the wb, because I have made a ".pub" file instead a ".html" file! What can I do??? Run Publisher, open your file and do, File Save as a Web page This will create the html files and the gif files. Upload all the files except the .pub file. And don't do what I did on my first web page project, deleted the pub file. You will need it to make changes with your web page. You open the pub file, make changes, save as a web page and upload the new files. Don ...

Record Macro in Excel 2007 not recording everything
Hi, I've been using Excel 2007 for a few weeks now and I've noticed that the 'Record Macro' functionality is not so complete anymore. For example if you record a macro when adding a picture to your sheet,resizing & moving it, then saving your sheet. The result is the insert & save sheet code. The resizing & moving of the picture is not present in the macro. Another example, add a comment to a cell. Then start recording macro and change font of this comment. Then you got a nice empty macro. I hope this is a setting because otherwise I will go back to Excel 2003. ...

Publisher 2007 compatibility with Office 2003
I run Office Standard Edition 2003, which didn't include Publisher. I'd like to now download the free trial version of Publisher 2007, but came across a warning that it MIGHT negatively affect my 2003 Outlook. Is Publisher 2007 safe to download without screwing up my existing Office 2003 files? thanks. Yes it is - I did just that and Outlook has had no issues. I haven't tried to email straight from Publisher tho. Not because of any issues but because I have no need to do so. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dumm...

Two issues with Outlook 2007
1. I want to order the shortcut buttons at the lower left, but they always revert to the default configuration (Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Notes). Is there some way to make it stick? 2. I want to create a custom form based on the Notes form. But when I pull it up, I get "The form you selected cannot be displayed". I can open all other forms. Why can't I open this one? Thanks. Regarding 1: After you closed Outlook, open the Task Manager and see if it still lists the process outlook.exe. My suspicion is that it still is there and that it actually never clo...

Word 2007 Autotext not retaining formatting
We recently upgraded to Office 2007. Some of our users are experiencing the following: They create an autotext / Building Block entry which is formatted correctly (TNR 12) and when they use it, the font changes to a different font or size. I can find no reason for this to be happening. I also can find nothing documented about this being a bug. Can anyone help? Which kind of formatting was applied to the AutoText when you created it? Note that unless it was formatted in a unique style or by direct formatting, it should adjust to the formatting at the location where it was ins...

chave do produto microsoft office 2007
não consogo achar a chave do produto, nem no meu computador nem na internet. por favor me ajudem!!! Please note you have to learn English as spoken in England on these newsgroups so that even Chinese can understand you. So, please re-write your message using this link: <news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.office.setup> hth vivi wrote: <snipped due to apropos of nothing> ...

Viewing Publisher .pub document
Is there any viewer available to view and print a *.pub document? I think I found my answer in the (In)compatibility thread below. >-----Original Message----- >Is there any viewer available to view and print a *.pub >document? >. > ...

Outlook 2007 SQL Server instead of PST File?
Is there a way to use SQL Express or SQL Server instead of the PST file Outlook 2007 uses to store the email and other data? If there is a way, can anyone point me to the instructions? No, not possible. What are you trying to achieve by this? If you need to interact with your Outlook data via SQL, take a look at this add-in; http://addins.howto-outlook.com/genius_connect -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Question...

pub.edb usable for mail boxes
Is it possible to use the pub.edb for mail boxes, to free up disk space? "mike r." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to use the pub.edb for mail boxes, to free >up disk space? Not exactly. The Public store is just for public messages. There's nothing to stop you creating a structure in there and assigning permissions to it so that only the owners can access the folders and then using the store to allow users to archive old but still required messages in there. That's not an often used idea and it certainly doesn't give you any ...

Disclaimer question
Right now we add email disclaimer by our 3rd party email gateway, so when email goes back and forth the disclaimer is adding again and again on the thread. I know E2k7+ have this disclaimer feature build-in. Is that possible E2k7 or E10 can detect the already existing disclaimer and keep the disclaimer always showing up at the top or bottom of the thread only once? Also is that possible to add different disclaimer for diffrent smtp domain? I know it can be done since E55 by VB/VBScript, will that be much easier in E2K7+? On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 12:42:28 -0500, "Michael L...

pub 97, pub 2000, pub 2002
Do these share the same keyboard shortcuts and screen interface? Yes... There are some features in later versions that 97 did not have. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "liaM" <cuddly@mindless.com> wrote in message news:46e88bf0$0$27404$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr... > Do these share the same keyboard shortcuts and screen interface? Mary Sauer wrote: > Yes... There are some features in later versions that 97 did not have. > But is the basic idea of a workspace and are the various keyboard ...

make outlook 2007 show activities for that contact
when I click the activities tab of a contact in outlook 2007, it displays the entire activities entered so far, not just the ones for that contact. it was not like that in Outlook 2003. am i missing a setting? Contacts should only show the activities the contact is associated with. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLET...

Labels in Access runtime 2007
I'm looking for a good way to add label functionality to an application I wrote in Access2007 (distributed using the runtime). I would like to somehow cover all possible labels the user might have. Option #1: - call the label wizard (doesn't work in runtime) Option #2: - write a whole bunch of reports (one for each style of label) Wondering how many that might be? Option #3: - Use Microsoft word merging to create labels Seems a little too difficult for the user Option ???: Wondering if there is a better approach anyone has used? Thanks in advance, Mark ...

OWA Pub Folder on Website
Can I create public folders calendars and have them available for the world to see? But only we can edit them? I want to add a calendar to our School District website and the Calendars in OWA 2003 on Exchange 2003 would be easy to manage. > Can I create public folders calendars and have them > available for the world to see? But only we can edit > them? Yes you can! Create a public calendar folder in your preferred manner. In Exchange System Manager, create a virtual HTTP server or a virtual directory with the desired name (let's say School as an example). Have this point t...

Publisher 2007 crashing
When I try to open either a new or older file from Microsoft Publisher, it crashes and says Microsoft Publisher has encountered a problem and must close. It has no pattern really. Some that I have recently created I can open and others I cannot. I've run the diagnostics, done all updates to XP and Office 2007 Pro. I've sent the error reports several times as well. This is quite frustrating because Publisher is a cog program in our office. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled office. The only thing I can think of is we recently upgraded to XP SP3. The issue has really only ari...

Can't access Outlook 2007 Contacts
I recently installed Outlook 2007 on Windows 7. I have managed to migrate my contacts to my new PC, my contacts are there, but I can't access the address book to use the contacts in email. I was going to delete the Outlook Address Book in the account settings and then try adding it again, but it won't let me do this either. The information you failed to provide lies in this statement: "managed to migrate my contacts to my new PC." We can't tell what you did wrong without knowing what you did. -- Russ Valentine "rumpledstiltscin" <rumpledsti...

Create drop down list in Excel 2007
Hi Could you please share with me how to create drop down list in Excel 2007? Thanks in advanced What version of Excel are you using? "lee-sc" wrote: > Hi > > Could you please share with me how to create drop down list in Excel 2007? > > Thanks in advanced > Sorry Lee-sc, hit the send button to quick in my previous post. In the Data menu, choose "Data Valiation", then "Data Validation". Under Settings, select "List" in he "Allow" drop down box. In the "Source" field, type in or se...

Printing a report question
I have a report that prints a list of names. When I use print preview, the list goes to two pages. I would like for the page to print with the first page of names on the left side of the page, and the second page list of names to print on the right sidfe of the first page. (So there isn't 2 pages, just 1) Does anyone know how to set this up in Access 2007? Thanks -- Howard In "Design View" of the Access report, goto the "Page Setup" Tab (or Ribbon). Click on the "Page Setup" icon. Click on the "Columns" tab. Change the &q...

Money 2007 Online Updates never stops
I have recently setup Money 2007 on Win XP. I was able to create all accounts and download initial transactions fine. Subsequently however, whenever I do an Account Update, the process goes on for at least 6-8 hours, and most times I have to kill the application, even if my number of transactions are 5-10 only. What can I do to make the online update short-and-sweet? What's taking Money 2007 so long to download so few transactions - it is so frustrating. BTW I tried to login in the "without access to online services" mode, but still the txn download takes forever. Pleas...

database tools startup access 2007
In Access 2007 where is the startup option where you specify the form to open when the database is first opened? There is but like everything else, it has been relocated. Press the funky round thingy in the upper left corner of the screen. At the bottom of that dropdown is Access options. You'll have to look through those. I think the startup options are on the second or third page. I don't have A2007 here so I'm guessing which item contains the startup options. "qa4sw" <qa4sw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD268A15-32ED-4331-B545-8BCE...

Charts in 2007
I just did my first charts using Access 2007 and was very disappointed to see that Access 2007 does not have the same chart engine (graphic standards etc) as Excel 2007 ? Am I missing something here or should Access 2007 still have the old Office 97 style charts ? Thanks Hi Andre, you can manipulate the chart object the same way in Access as you do in Excel -- the right mouse button will be your best friend! The real trick to getting what you want on the chart, though, is to modify the RecordSource yourself -- I always change what the wizard does... Warm Rega...