Pub 2003 Question ( Problem )

I have documents I created a couple of years ago in Pub 2003 that contain a
lot of pictures.  When I open them up today, many of the pictures do not
show on screen?

No error messages ?

What can I do ?

0
xeroid (34)

Wayne wrote:
> I have documents I created a couple of years ago in Pub 2003 that
> contain a lot of pictures.  When I open them up today, many of the
> pictures do not show on screen?
>
> No error messages ?
>
> What can I do ?

===========================
Have a look at the following site:

(Read the third FAQ)

Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/
lines when editing my publication?
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs

--

       John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -

      Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)

Money 2003
I've set-up mortage loan account connected to hause asset account. I'm downloading bank transactions reports through internet. Beside others there are loan payments. How I can declare those payments aftewards as loan payments regarding specyfic loan account? Could I define split beetwen principal and interest? Dref ...

Setup Resources in Exchange 2003
What's the best way to set up resources like conference rooms in Exchange 2003 so that users can reserve them via Outlook calendar? I think its changed a bit since my 5.5 days... Thans This article relates to Exchange 2000 but the concept is the same: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF019.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Steve Aschettino" <steveaschettino@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uER85gj9DHA.1936@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > What's the best way to set up resources like conference rooms in Excha...

Outlook 2003 Sending
The first time I saw this it scared the hell out of me. In the statu tray, my newly installed Outlook 2003 ocassionally displays that it i sending message 1 of 28942, or some other huge number. I check my sen items folder and no messages have, in fact, been sent. Yet thi display shows up regularly. Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Viewing Publisher .pub document
Is there any viewer available to view and print a *.pub document? I think I found my answer in the (In)compatibility thread below. >-----Original Message----- >Is there any viewer available to view and print a *.pub >document? >. > ...

Windows 7 / Office 2007
Hi, Does anybody know which updates in Windows 7 that "screws" up macro-enabled spreadsheets in Office 2007 (Enterprise)? On Windows Vista the update was called KB973593, but I can't find this update on my system. So what's the equivalent update on Windows 7? Can someone help me out here? Anders ...

Outlook 2003 / Contacts / Flags
Hi! Can anyone help on this one..... I wish to flag over 100 contacts with a follow-up flag. I have listed the relevant contacts through using a filtered view and I had hoped that I could select all the filtered contacts and then flag them.... but apparently not. I have the following observations: 1. My customised toolbar looses the flags in Contact view and I cannot add them to my toolbar. 2. The follow-up flag under Actions is greyed out, but I can use it on a single contact at a time, but it wants me to go through the rigmarole of setting end dates etc,.... (far too long-winded) 3....

Can't create html file from pub file
I don't have Frontpage and I used Publisher for doing web page. Now I can't acess to some funcions, in the wb, because I have made a ".pub" file instead a ".html" file! What can I do??? Run Publisher, open your file and do, File Save as a Web page This will create the html files and the gif files. Upload all the files except the .pub file. And don't do what I did on my first web page project, deleted the pub file. You will need it to make changes with your web page. You open the pub file, make changes, save as a web page and upload the new files. Don ...

Outlook 2003 #272
I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003. A person who previously had been able to receive my emails in black font now receives them in light yellow. I checked the font that I used in composing my emails, black, and yet it is yellow when she receives it. When she hits reply, it then turns the text black and she is able to read it. She is working on a Mac. Is the screwy setting on my end or hers? "=?Utf-8?B?Y2F0aHk=?=" <cathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:CED7B486-04D5-4973-9AB7-2B4FEED2A050@microsoft.com: > I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003. A person wh...

Disclaimer question
Right now we add email disclaimer by our 3rd party email gateway, so when email goes back and forth the disclaimer is adding again and again on the thread. I know E2k7+ have this disclaimer feature build-in. Is that possible E2k7 or E10 can detect the already existing disclaimer and keep the disclaimer always showing up at the top or bottom of the thread only once? Also is that possible to add different disclaimer for diffrent smtp domain? I know it can be done since E55 by VB/VBScript, will that be much easier in E2K7+? On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 12:42:28 -0500, "Michael L...

pub.edb usable for mail boxes
Is it possible to use the pub.edb for mail boxes, to free up disk space? "mike r." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to use the pub.edb for mail boxes, to free >up disk space? Not exactly. The Public store is just for public messages. There's nothing to stop you creating a structure in there and assigning permissions to it so that only the owners can access the folders and then using the store to allow users to archive old but still required messages in there. That's not an often used idea and it certainly doesn't give you any ...

pub 97, pub 2000, pub 2002
Do these share the same keyboard shortcuts and screen interface? Yes... There are some features in later versions that 97 did not have. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "liaM" <cuddly@mindless.com> wrote in message news:46e88bf0$0$27404$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr... > Do these share the same keyboard shortcuts and screen interface? Mary Sauer wrote: > Yes... There are some features in later versions that 97 did not have. > But is the basic idea of a workspace and are the various keyboard ...

Badmail folder in Exchange 2003
I just upgraded from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 in W2K environment. I just noticed that Bad mails are no longer going to \Program Files\Exchsrvr\Mailroot\BadMail folder - Where are they going now? I'm running Symantec Corp Edition 9.0 for file level protection and SMSE 4.5 for exchange. I know I have to exclude the Exchange folders under Symantec Corp Edition 9.0. Do I have to Enable or Disable Microsoft Exchange Auto Protect in 9.0? (Under Configure, Microsoft Exchange Autoprotect)? Microsoft hasn't changed the default path for the badmail directory. It's still in ...

Upgrading to Outlook 2003 #4
Do I need to uninstall Outlook 2000 before I install 2003? The software said I did, but won't it just upgrade automatically? How do I uninstall 2000? I did not see it listed in Programs under Add/Remove, nor did I see it under Windows Add/Remove. You can uninstall Outlook by running the Microsoft Office 2000 Maintenance mode. In the Control Panel start the Add/Remove Programs and locate Microsoft Office 2000 and select Change. You will be prompted to Add or Remove features. When you see the list of features right click on Outlook and select the X which should make the feature Not Ava...

Mailbox size on Exchange 2003
Hi all, I'm an Exchange Admin. in a small company...I use Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003 on the clients part. Some users have pretty big mailboxes on the server...like 7 GB ! As you can see we use a lot the emails to communicate and my Managers want me to keep all emails... So every 6 months I archive their emails into a PST in order to reduce the size of their mailbox on the Exchanger server. Some PST archives are now reaching 6.5 GB ! and they're still working fine but for how long... Here are my questions : - what is the size limit for a PST ? - what is the size limit for a ...

Outlook 2003 Archiving failure with SBS 2003
> Both Folder and Global fail to work. > I find on some, If I disable Exchange For Cached Mode, the feature may/may not work. > Is there a fix/patch for this in the near future? Thanks ...

Outlook 2003
I have a file that I am sending (63mb) in an email. It will not leave my outbox and is continually scanned by McAfee. Even when I turnoff McAfee to see if that helps, it still will not leave my outbox. When I try to delete that email, nothing happens. When I try to open that email, it won't allow me to and I receive the message "Can't open this item. Outlook has already begun transmitting this message." I can leave my computer on for days and this will still not send. Any other emails that I send are queueing up behind it. I can still receive emails but I just can'...

problems with exchange server logon
Hello, I am having trouble configuring outlook 2003 to connect with exchange server at my office. When I put in the username such as xxxyyyy, the dialog box in outlook adds extra information to the username: ex: Ian243\xxxyyyy and then the login fails. Where is the program getting this incorrect information and how can I prevent it? thanks brian ...

exchange 2003 migration #3
Hi All, we are going to migrate our existing exchange 2000 into a new hardware server. New servers are running windows 2003 and exchange 2003. We have 3 remote offices A (A.123.com), B(B.123.com) & C(C.123.com) 3 child domain and 1 root (123.com). All the remote office will do the same migration. Each office has it own exchange server 2000 and AD 2000 servers. We are going to do the migration one by one (one weekend for one office) follow by 3 weeks. For the existing exchange server 2000, it running DNS, WINS and Active directory (DC). Now we want to separate the services into t...

Large Fonts in Outlook 2003
My Outlook 2003 Email program has just developed a error in the NEW mail field. When I attempt to write a new mail or reply to an existing, the fonts in the document area are very large (appx 34 ) I have all settings that i can find set at 10 however when writing in the document area the fonts are huge. When I have completed the document and sent it the recipient receives it in normal 10 point size. If I am reading mail the size also is normal. Is there an easy fix for this issue? kiwibrianc <kiwibrianc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My Outlook 2003 Email program has just de...

Sync Problems
When I open WLM and it goes through its sync routine it gets hung up on "Download marked messages from [gmail]. When I force it to stop the process I fet the following error message: Unable to send or receive messages for the Gmail (ralph9308) account. Windows Live Mail could not download the requested message. The operation was canceled by the user. Subject 'If we let it go on forever, it wouldn't be a special offer. BOOK TODAY.' Server Response: Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server, due to non-network errors. This could, for example, indicate ...

Odd issue in Outlook 2003 calendars
Hi folks, not sure if anyone has a fix for this... Outlook 2003: My colleague is getting an issue with his calendar, when accepting an appointment or creating a new entry it puts it in TODAYS date and time! You cannot move it or edit it to the right date/time/ location! i.e. Meeting for 3pm tomorrow, enter it and save it, the details shows today and the time he saved it! This is really weird and is only affecting him, all other outlook functions seem ok. Can anyone provide a fix/solution? Many thanks, Nick. Is the time zone set correctly on both his computer and the person who is creating th...

Cannot print images in message body? (Outlook 2003)
One of my users is having a funny problem. I installed office 03 on her computer just as I've been doing since, well, 2003 I guess, and never had this problem until now. When printing Outlook messages, any images in the message body print as just a red-X at the corner of the image placement. Is there a way of toggling "print images in message body" on and off? ...

Problem Deriving From CPreviewView
I'm trying to derive from the CPreviewView class so that I can add a few drawing enhancements to the print preview. I'm copying the OnDraw code from CPreviewView into my derived class's OnDraw function as a basis for my own code: class CMyPreviewView : public CPreviewView { void OnDraw(CDC* pDC); }; void CMyPreviewView::OnDraw(CDC* pDC) { // code copied from CPreviewView } There is one problem I've run into: In the OnDraw code, there is a call made to OnPrint using a CView pointer that's a member of the CPreviewView class: in .h CView* m_pPrintView; in .cpp m_pPrin...

OWA Pub Folder on Website
Can I create public folders calendars and have them available for the world to see? But only we can edit them? I want to add a calendar to our School District website and the Calendars in OWA 2003 on Exchange 2003 would be easy to manage. > Can I create public folders calendars and have them > available for the world to see? But only we can edit > them? Yes you can! Create a public calendar folder in your preferred manner. In Exchange System Manager, create a virtual HTTP server or a virtual directory with the desired name (let's say School as an example). Have this point t...

Excel 2003 crashes when I close any worksheet
This is VERY frustrating. I am able to save files just fine, but when Excel goes to close, I get the following: Microsoft Office Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I'm asked if I want to "Recover my work . . " which I don't because the file was saved just fine. Here's the error signature: AppName: excel.exe AppVer: 11.0.6355.0 AppStamp:40aa979f ModName: excel.exe ModVer: 11.0.6355.0 ModStamp:40aa979f fDebug: 0 Offset: 0002c6d3 Any help would be appreciated! ...