Pub 2000: insert Unicode by number

I wish to insert a couple of Unicode characters which do not appear i
Publisher 2000's symbol list.  Is this possible

--
Andrew Bryan
Andrew Bryant's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=511

Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i

Andrew Bryant wrote:
> I wish to insert a couple of Unicode characters which do not appear in
> Publisher 2000's symbol list.  Is this possible?

Try (with NumLock on) Alt+(Uxxxx), where xxxx is the hex code, with
letters on the keyboard and numbers on the numeric keypad.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

Thanks for the prompt reply

It works up to a point, although it understands decimal codes, not th
hex.  In fact, any hex code including an E pulls down the Edit menu

This would be fine, but even that expires on Unicodes greater than de
127.  eg 0603 yields a left square bracket, and not the expected LATI
SMALL LETTER OPEN E.

Any thoughts

Andrew

--

Andrew Bryant wrote:
> It works up to a point, although it understands decimal codes, not the
> hex.  In fact, any hex code including an E pulls down the Edit menu.
>
> This would be fine, but even that expires on Unicodes greater than dec
> 127.  eg 0603 yields a left square bracket, and not the expected LATIN
> SMALL LETTER OPEN E.

In that case, it looks like you're stuck copying and pasting from
Windows Character Map.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org
0
the_nerd (6344)

Microsoft Office 2000
Can anybody tell me if the Excel included with the Microsoft Office 2000 software is Excel 2000. Thank you. Mindy Yes it is. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Newsgroups - Where you really can get a free lunch!! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:051201c3aede$2b510a90$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Can anybody tell m...

pub 97, pub 2000, pub 2002
Do these share the same keyboard shortcuts and screen interface? Yes... There are some features in later versions that 97 did not have. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "liaM" <cuddly@mindless.com> wrote in message news:46e88bf0$0$27404$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr... > Do these share the same keyboard shortcuts and screen interface? Mary Sauer wrote: > Yes... There are some features in later versions that 97 did not have. > But is the basic idea of a workspace and are the various keyboard ...

I want to convert numbers to text in Excel
i.e. 0000176 into exactly the same but as text. How do I do this? Format the cell to Text before you enter the number. Or precede the entry with an apostrophe. HTH Otto "Hannibal" <Hannibal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A94F5A6-45B4-40F2-9D6D-84FF9A4C6095@microsoft.com... > i.e. 0000176 into exactly the same but as text. How do I do this? try to use formula text( ) "Hannibal" wrote: > i.e. 0000176 into exactly the same but as text. How do I do this? ...

Outlook 2000 SP3 #5
Suddenly I cannot delete any item in outlook, appointments, in-box messages.... I gen an error that states: Errors have been detected in the file c:/Documents and settings..... Outlook.PST Quit all e-mail enabled applications, then use the in-box repair tool. I do this using SCANPST.EXE, same problem.. I've also done a complete DOS-Scandisk, no problems found. Can anyone help me?? How big is the file? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In ne...

Exchange Attributes missing from 2000 DC Controller
Hi guys, I have two questions that I am sure I shoudl know the answers to but thought I would get a quicker response from newsgroups than my memory; We have a windows 2000 domain that has been upgraded to windows 2003 schema but has no 2003 Domain Controlllers. There is one 2003 member server that is running Exchange 2003. 1: We can only modify/ view the Exchange attributes of active directory on the 2003 member servers active directory. Is there anyway of upgrading the active directory managers on the 2000 domain controllers to show the exchange attributes? 2: Where can I get the re...

Using Excell 2000 to do a bulk mailing in Outlook 2000
www.microsoft.com previously posted instructions on how to do this (http://www.microsoft.com/exceldev/articles/bulkmail.htm) When testing this I am unable to download the Microsoft Excel Bulk Mailing templates. Do these instructions no longer apply to version 2000 of Excel and Outlook. Sally sally.wittwer@gwinnettcounty.com Hi Sally Most of the Excel 97 links are dead on the MS site. I never used it but If you want the zip file mail me and I send you the file -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Sally" <anonymous@discussions.micro...

pub.edb usable for mail boxes
Is it possible to use the pub.edb for mail boxes, to free up disk space? "mike r." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to use the pub.edb for mail boxes, to free >up disk space? Not exactly. The Public store is just for public messages. There's nothing to stop you creating a structure in there and assigning permissions to it so that only the owners can access the folders and then using the store to allow users to archive old but still required messages in there. That's not an often used idea and it certainly doesn't give you any ...

Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Access
I am running Windows 2003 AD and I was wondering if I can remove Authenticated Users and Exchange Domain Servers from Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible access. I am running exchange 2003. Thanks George Yes, that is the recommended in a windows 2003 AD. >-----Original Message----- >I am running Windows 2003 AD and I was wondering if I can >remove Authenticated Users and Exchange Domain Servers >from Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible access. I am running >exchange 2003. > >Thanks >George >. > ...

Viewing Publisher .pub document
Is there any viewer available to view and print a *.pub document? I think I found my answer in the (In)compatibility thread below. >-----Original Message----- >Is there any viewer available to view and print a *.pub >document? >. > ...

Windows 2000 GP installation #2
GP 9.0 Fully Patched/Updated Windows 2000NT console. When installing the integration manager this error pops up when copying files: " The windows installer service cannot update the system file C: \WINNT\system 32\msscript.ocx because the file is protected by windows. You may need to update your operating system for this program to work properly. " Clicking okay resumes the install and everything seems to proceed just fine. When running MS Dynamics GP a login and server can be selected but when you attempt to login to a company we get "The databse setup has not been co...

Create a button to insert a new row.
I know Excel can do it; I just don't know how. In addition, once the new row is inserted, I need the formulas to carry into it. Any help is greatly appreciated! I can think of many possibilities, but I'm sure you are thinking of something very specific. Please give more information. -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "Sharon" wrote: > I know Excel can do it; I just don't know how. In addition, once the new row > is inserted, I need the formulas to carry into it. > &g...

Doing charts in Excel 2000
i am still using the Excel in my Office 200 package. Where can I get udates to do better charts? All of the techniques shown here http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/index.html can be used to make more interesting chart best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "TVG" <TVG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD14A74C-8018-40FC-AA4F-FA0925208A78@microsoft.com... >i am still using the Excel in my Office 200 package. Where can I get udates > to do better charts? ...

Outlook 2000 Hangs
Is there an issue with Outlook 2k and Exhange 2k3? One of my user send a 8 megs email message to everyone. Outlook hangs when they tried to open it. But I have 5 users using Outlook 2003 did not have any problem. Please Advice, TIA Hangs for how long? Remember that with Outlook 2000 (unless you've specified to work Offline), none of your e-mail is stored locally, so you are opening that 8mb message across the network. I'd expect some lag. Outlook 2003 uses cached mode by default, so the message would be stored locally and that is what they would be opening. Other than that, ...

Access 2000 deleting records
Hello all, sorry for the previous post with nothing in it. Here is the problem I have resently upgraded an Access97 back end to Access 2000 due to size restrictions of Access97. we were running an Access 2000 frontend at that time. since converting to Access2k we keep getting "#Deleted" records "Can't save without edit or new" fields inside of records are "#deleted" and so on. I have run diags on equipment and found nothing out of the norm. Problem is intermittent, may go most of day without problem then get some or may start the day out with problem th...

Insert

How do I prevent duplicate numbers from being entered in a column.
I am trying to set a check register example and want to prevent the user from entering the same check number twice. Is this possible in Excel? Select the column, assuming D1 is the active cell, for example, do this: Use Data/Validation, select Custom from the first dropdown, enter this in the Formula: =Countif(D:D,D1)=1 then set the appropriate error alert in the error alert tab. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Clearwater Tim" <Clearwater Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1CF41EE0-9B4B-46F1-BAD1-712A6FDD855A@microsoft.com... > I am trying to set a check register ...

Max number of consectutive blanks in a range
I have this formula in column G =IF(SUMIF(Montana!$A$3:$A$700,C3,Montana!$N$3:$N$700)>0,SUMIF(Montana!$A$3:$A$700,C3,Montana!$N$3:$N$700),"") In Column H, I like to count the maximum number of consecutive blanks in that entire range. Meaning, there may 5 consective blanks, then 3, then 18, then 7. I'd like 18 to be returned. Thanks, Steve In H1 enter1 In H2 enter: =IF(G2="",H1+1,0) and copy down In another cell the answer is: =MAX(H:H) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Steve" wrote: > I have this formula in col...

Can't create html file from pub file
I don't have Frontpage and I used Publisher for doing web page. Now I can't acess to some funcions, in the wb, because I have made a ".pub" file instead a ".html" file! What can I do??? Run Publisher, open your file and do, File Save as a Web page This will create the html files and the gif files. Upload all the files except the .pub file. And don't do what I did on my first web page project, deleted the pub file. You will need it to make changes with your web page. You open the pub file, make changes, save as a web page and upload the new files. Don ...

Excel 2000 #2
In Excel 2000 toolbar and menu bar are missing when you open Excel. Tried using fix on website, says to search for file excel.xlb and rename it and then reopen Excel, but file does not exist. Have uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2000 and have not had success in getting toolbar and menu bar back. Word, Powerpoint and Access are okay, just Excel is missing the bars. Has anyone experienced a problem like this previously? Thanks!!!! >-----Original Message----- >Laureen Miles - > >> In Excel 2000 toolbar and menu bar are missing when you open Excel. Tried >usin...

Outlook 2000 and Vista ???
I can get Outlook 2000 to work with Vista. I have tried the fixes but they haven't worked. I get an err response that it can't find the wab.dll file ?? All Help is appreciated. "Bubey" <catlov@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:ejuld0nJKHA.4168@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I can get Outlook 2000 to work with Vista. I have tried the > fixes but they haven't worked. I get an err response that it > can't find the wab.dll file ?? > All Help is appreciated. I think you need to change mode to Corporate and Network.....(I think that's the term, ...

First page of section reinserts an unwanted page number
The page numbering options in Word2007 (as in earlier versions of Word) include a tick box that allows the user to use a different header and footer in the first page of a new section. To my knowledge this is the only means to omit a page number in a document that has page numbers included in its header or footer. At present I am experiencing a recurring problem in Word2007, whereby the use of the option to have a different header/footer on the first page of a section is not obeyed by the software; i.e. the header or footer selected for the rest of the document is imposed on t...

Can't insert a picture
When i try to insert a picture, Outlook 2007 faults with apologies. This occurs while the browse window is partly filled out. this has been the case since I upgraded from a previous version. I have tried all the suggestions which were in the "Sepron" post, 11/22/07. Help? --Terry What exactly is logged to the Event Viewer about this? See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/317 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.inf...

Bulk insert from user defined table type into a table
I have a user defined table type with columns representing the data that will be inserted into a normal table. CREATE TYPE [Headlines].[HeadlineTable] as TABLE (HeadlineTitle nvarchar(200) not null, HeadlineDescription nvarchar(500) not null, HeadlineContent nvarchar(max) not null, HeadlineStartDate date not null, HeadlineEndDate date not null, unique(HeadlineTitle)) The columns above are included in the original table: CREATE TABLE [Headlines].[Headlines]( HeadlineID int not null, HeadlineTitle nvarchar(200) not null, HeadlineDescription nvarchar(500) not null, HeadlineCont...

Outlook 2000
Hi, I need to send a webpage as an email, so that when the recipient receives the email and opens it, the web page is there. How do I do that? I have tried going to action - send webpage as email - however the recipient still has to open the file (which is not the URL, but instead an outlook file). Any help would be appreciated. Debbie See http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/html.htm for several ways to do this. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for...

Adding Custom Number Categories
Apologies if this has been asked before (I have tried searching)... What I would like is for #,##0_);[Red](#,##0) to appear as an option in the format cell custom number category for any worksheet that I open - rather than having to type this in each time I create a new sheet. Is this possible? If so how? Cheers! -- andikins ------------------------------------------------------------------------ andikins's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19920 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=469553 creat an icon linked t...