Protecting the document

Greetings,
Does MS Publisher have a feature similar to MS Word where you can protect
the document.  I don't seem to find it in any of the menu's.
Thanks....... Gene

Amazing you cannot find it.  Reason it is not there :)

0
MS

protecting outlined data
I want to be able to use the expand/collapse function in outlines when the worksheet is protected. Copy this macro in a normal module It will run automatic when you open the workbook You can also use the workbook open event Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="rbelecki", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True End With End Sub Look in the VBA help for more information about protect(userinterfaceonly) -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "rbelecki" <rbelecki@l...

Password Protect Outlook #2
I work in an offcie environment and sometimes have to leave my PC unattended for just a few minutes. Unfortunately some confidential emails have been read by my staff and I need a way of safeguarding them other than turning off the PC, is there any way I can password protect access into my Outlook 2000, so all I do is close Outlook. (Sorry still operating under W95) Many thanks You can set a password on a Personal Folders File. If the folder list isn't visible in Outlook, click View | Folder List. Right-click the root folder (usually "Personal Folders" or "Outlook T...

Quicken Password protected
I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my data from Quicken and the program says there is a password for my quicken account that is required, but I never had a password. No way to get past this. Any ideas? If your data file is Q04, Money04 can only deal with Q03 or older. Otherwise, who knows? "Stephen Weiss" <stephenaweiss@comcast.net> wrote in message news:012f01c3cb22$9a957ac0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my > data from Quicken and the program says there is a password > for my quicken account that is req...

view field descriptions in the database documenter
is there a way to view field descriptions in the database documenter? i need to create a datadictionary that contains this information? tia, mcnewsxp You need to check the box to display the field properties. I'm not sure what version of Access you are using but there is an article at http://www.access.hookom.net/Documenter/ which explains how to create your own reports from the results of the documenter. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "mcnews" wrote: > is there a way to view field descriptions in the database documenter? > i need to create ...

Password protection on split database
I have a database which is split into front end and back end. The front end is password protected but the backend isn't Is it possible to protect both with the same password? I've tried protecting the backend with a password but when I open the front end it can't "see" the backend. Any ideas? Thanks Tony Put a password on the backend, then, after opening the front-end, use the Linked Table Manager to update the links (just like you would if you had moved the backend). You should be prompted for the 'missing' password during this process. You should only...

How to protect 2. axis in an Excel Chart to stay if data changes
A Pivot table is created on Tab1 in an Excel workbook. On Tab2 there is a Line Chart created with data from Tab 1 using 2 axis. If data in Tab1 change the 2nd axis on Tab 2 disappears, jumps ober and overrules axis 1. How can I protect chart area with 2 axis being able to change referring data in the pivot table. ...

regarding master doc/ sub documents
I'm new to using master document/ sub documents function in MS word. I have a question regarding that. I've created a master document with several subdocuments. Several times, when I open the master doc, some of the subdocuments are not there. Yes, I think I've made some changes to those sub documents but never changed either the names nor the locations of those subdocuments. It feels like I'm using a feature that is not stable enough which makes me quite nervous about using this. Does any of you know what's going on or any suggestion regarding how to use this...

Protection
Hi everyone OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there a way that I can put a password for my profile on Microsoft outlook so that no one can read the new AND the old messages found in my inbox? You can put a password on your PST file, presuming you use a PST file... Emad Kamel wrote: > Hi everyone, > OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has > access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there > a way that I can put a password for my profile on Micr...

CANNOT PROTECT
Trying to password and read only protect a Microsoft Word docuement that is embedded in Excel. When I open the "protected" document, the read-only prompt does not appear...and I can still make changes and close the docuement. HELP! Try this: create the document directly in word, protect it and save it to disk. Then copy the text you want and past it special as an OLE object in excel Peter ...

Sharing documents
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC When I e-mail documents I create with Word 2008 for MAC to my colleagues who are using windows versions of Word (Word 2003 for example) they claim the cannot open them or they cannot read them. This never happened until I moved from the 2004 version to the 2008 version of Microsoft Office for MAC. Any ideas? This is because Word 2008 uses the new docx "Open XML" file format, which is not recognized by some earlier versions of Office. To avoid this issue, be sure to save the file in "Word 97-2004 documen...

Spreadsheet password protection
How do you password protect a spreadsheet. I can't find anything in the help section. You can prevent un authorised access by giving a password to open the workbook itself, so that no one else can open it (Go to Tools, Options and then Security Tab). You can do it there if you have already saved the file, or you can go to "save as" then "Tools" and "General Options" where you can give password. On the other hand you can protect work sheets and ranges for different people by using "Tools" and then "Protection" Tab -- M Imran Buha...

How to protect cells?
I would like to protect a range of cells (A2:D24) with a password for a group of users that would make changes to cells in this range. Then on the same sheet, also protect a range of cells (E2:E24) from everyone but me. Is this possible? Thanks. Mark, Please don't multipost. See the thread in .programming. John "Mark F." <m7829@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FSzQb.10797$6o4.894@fe2.texas.rr.com... > I would like to protect a range of cells (A2:D24) with a password for a > group of users that would make changes to cells in this range. Then on > the same she...

Document layout
I would like to know if it is possible and how to customize the layout of my document. I have 20 pages of written work. On the 15th page I have inserted a diagram that is quite large. I would like to change the layout of that one page to horizontal and keep the rest of the document vertical. The reason for this is that it is part of text and I would like the automatic page-numbers and image-text to stay in the right order - hence I can't make this diagram into an appendix. Your help will be much appreciated! Thanks See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/Landsc...

Password protected sheet access
I have a spreadsheet protected with a unknown password. How do I access this sheet? Ps: the "read only" option is not available. Thanks, Rivane. Hi Rivane Is this the password for opening the file, or the one for unlocking locked cells in the already open sheet ? Best wishes Harald Excel MVP Followup to newsgroup only please. "Rivane Cardim" <rivane.cardim@exxonmobil.com> wrote in message news:0a8801c35dae$a03275a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have a spreadsheet protected with a unknown password. > How do I access this sheet? > > Ps: the "read only...

How to Activate "Show all" in a Protected Shared Workbook
Hi, I created a protected and shared workbook in Excel 2003 ,the default Filter Option is "Auto Filter" how can I use the "Show All" in Filtering.? even I unchecked the "Filter Settings" in "Tools-> Share Workbook -> Advanced -> Include Personal View " but it did not work. Thanks. You can't. If the workbook were not shared, then you could create your own macro that unprotects the worksheet, does the showall and reprotects the worksheet. But with the workbook shared, you can't change the protection of a shee...

SmartList Builder documentation #2
Hello, I new to Smartlist Builder. Is there any documentation / user manual available? thanks in advance Rich, Not sure if it's the same for all versions, but for GP 9.0 it's under Help > Printable Manuals > Reporting. If you're not finding it, post back with your GP version number. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Rich C." <RichC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0010887-CC76-4275-965A-436DC1EDAAC0@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I new to Smartlist Builder. Is there any documentation / user manu...

Publisher 2003 now mirrors all documents on the printer. help!
Publisher 2003 has been working properly for several months and now eveything I print is mirrored. All other programs print correctly. Compaq SR1923WM, Windows XP SP2, HP Officejet Pro L7500 series Printer on USB02. Yes, Mirroring is set to Off in Properties. Printing a document at home is normal, so it's not the document and I can set mirroring on & print mirrored if desired. No, I have not reloaded Publisher. Oh by the way, that computer is not Internet connected. There is no Phone line in the 100+ year Old Museum Bldg and no funds for a wireless connection. I would greatly...

Protecting a Worksheet
Does anybody know how to protect a workbook so that a user CANNOT unhide a sheet, CANNOT add rows to the viewable sheet, CANNOT alter locked cells, but CAN add text to a comments column which will expand and Wrap text as the comments increase in size? I understand how to protect/unprotect locked cells, but I cannot find the right combination for the above functionality. Is it even possible? Any help is greatly appreciated. Jeff When a _Workbook_ is protected (Tools, Protection, Protect Workbook, Structure) sheets cannot be unhidden. When a _Worksheet_ is protected locked cells ca...

Document Not Saved #4
Hi there, Worked on a document where I had to copy and paste text from a Microsoft 2000 word document to an excel 2000 file because couldn't find a way to export... Now when I try to save I get Document Not Saved error and it won't save. It is not a link that I copied over as microsoft has confirmed a bug with, it was just text from a table box in Word, copied over to a cell box in Excel... Any way to save this document or is all work lost? thanx... You copied text from a word table to a cell in excel and excel didn't save???? Can you open, make changes, and save the e...

Inserted Pic won't show up when the document is copied
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC I inserted a picture into my document but when I copy it and try to post it on my class website, the picture never shows up. Instead it's just a box with a broken picture symbol. I've tried saving the document in the latest version (docx) and in 2004-2007, saving the picture as PNG, making sure that Word preferences has drawings checked and unchecked on image placeholders. Also, when I try to open my previous documents with photo or image inserts on other computers, it doesn't show. Nothing Works. ...

Excel Sheet Protection
I am trying to protect a spreadsheet from any editing, while allowing the user to use the autofilter and sorting function. I tried checking the "Use AutoFilter" and "Sort" checkboxes in the Protect Sheet dialog box to protect the document. It does allow you to filter records based on selecting a value from the drop down list box of the autofilter, but it does not allow me to sort. Please help! If you have locked cells that are in the range to sort, then checking that box in the tools|Protection|protect sheet dialog won't work for you. You may want to provid...

Preparing an A3 booklet document
I'd like to prepare an A4 booklet of 8 pages (ie printing double sided on to A3 and then folding the A3 sheets to make A4 and stapling down the spine). I'm new to Publisher 07 and am aware this could get a little if not very complicated! Please can someone help me with how I need to set this up in Publisher using 2 x A3 double sided sheets! On the first sheet I need pages 8 and 1 (left to right) on the front, 2 and 7 on the back. On the second sheet I need pages 6 and 3 on the front, 4 and 5 on the back. Is it possible to set this up in Pub07 in this way? I'm going to be w...

How do I open a document from an earlier version of Publisher?
I was emailed a document produced in an earlier version of Publisher that I need to proofread and I cannot open it with Publisher 2000. On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 16:50:02 +0000, Bonnie wrote (in article <07B0BFC0-52FE-40F6-8B09-7C5B882D7486@microsoft.com>): > I was emailed a document produced in an earlier version of Publisher that I > need to proofread and I cannot open it with Publisher 2000. Well STFW would have been a damned good place to start as this question is asked - and answered - several times a week, if not a day. But as you appear to be completely incapable of doing a...

combining documents with different templates and styles
I have a file that contains 30 different documents, with different formatting, headers and footers, etc. I need to combine these into a single document, but preserve the graphic integrity of the documents. Converting to pdf causes some of the graphics to muddy up, while other graphics get lost completely. Is there a way to combine the Word documents into a single Word document but preserve the different styles, etc. I'm prepared to do this from scratch, but if there is a way to combine them that would save time, that would be preferable. Any help at all would be apprecia...

protect a protected worksheet
I have got one Excel sheet which is password protected some of the users know the password , i dont want to allow these users to change some of the columns of the work sheet..but it should be open for me.. Maybe look into just protecting the cells that you do not want to be edited by anyone else. Password protecting a worksheet is scary since if it gets lost or forgotten it is a bear to get it unprotected. You can make the document read only also. Just some ideas. "darshan" wrote: > I have got one Excel sheet which is password protected some of the users know > the pas...