product key not working with new computer

Setting up new computer and the product key code is not being recognized. I
have installed everything else with no problems. When I got to ABOUT in the
program the product id is blank. This is an upgrade version but I've
installed Expression Web from upgrade version with no trouble.
0
silverton (2)

Is this a Publisher question or EW question?

Expression is not a "upgrade" by the normal definition of "upgrade" -
previous version is required.

If your Publisher program IS an upgrade you will need a previous version or
a qualifying product available prior to installing the upgrade Publisher _
you don't necessarily have to have the qualifying product installed but you
will need the disc when prompted for it.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"silverton" <silverton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Setting up new computer and the product key code is not being recognized.
> have installed everything else with no problems. When I got to ABOUT in
> the
> program the product id is blank. This is an upgrade version but I've
> installed Expression Web from upgrade version with no trouble.

0
webmaster911 (1600)
9/23/2009 3:53:52 PM
Assuming you are talking about Publisher, did you buy an Office upgrade or
just Publisher?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"silverton" <silverton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Setting up new computer and the product key code is not being recognized.
> have installed everything else with no problems. When I got to ABOUT in
> the
> program the product id is blank. This is an upgrade version but I've
> installed Expression Web from upgrade version with no trouble.

0
jl_paules (2767)
9/23/2009 3:56:30 PM
Sorry I am talking abouit publisher. My previous versions were always pre
installed so I don't have a disk.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> Assuming you are talking about Publisher, did you buy an Office upgrade or
> just Publisher?
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>

> "silverton" <silverton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Setting up new computer and the product key code is not being recognized.
> > have installed everything else with no problems. When I got to ABOUT in
> > the
> > program the product id is blank. This is an upgrade version but I've
> > installed Expression Web from upgrade version with no trouble.

0
silverton (2)
9/23/2009 4:31:02 PM
Let's try this again..........

You purchased a new computer and are trying to install a Publisher upgrade
but the product key is not being recognized, correct? What is the exact
error message you are getting?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> Sorry I am talking abouit publisher. My previous versions were always pre
> installed so I don't have a disk.
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> Assuming you are talking about Publisher, did you buy an Office upgrade
>> or
>> just Publisher?
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>

>> "silverton" <silverton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Setting up new computer and the product key code is not being
>> > recognized.
>> > have installed everything else with no problems. When I got to ABOUT in
>> > the
>> > program the product id is blank. This is an upgrade version but I've
>> > installed Expression Web from upgrade version with no trouble.

0
jl_paules (2767)

how to use product key
I recently purchased a macintosh computer, and I have the test drive version of microsoft office. I have a product key from my other computer, but I cannot tell how to authenticate the new version. Can someone help me? Thanks! The Test Drive cannot be converted to a full version by entering a product key In fact, the Test Drive MUST be removed before installing the full version of Mac Office 2004, as otherwise it *will* cause problems. In addition, if you have the product key from a Windows Office version, the Mac Office version will not accept it. You would need to buy MacOffice 2...

Select product in Lead and Opportunity
Hi, I would like to know if I could select the product /product type in a lead and opportunity? Thanks in advance! Opportunity - yes - you can select multiple products for opportunities. Leads - no - not out of the box. It is possible to create a custom entity called "Lead Products" (Similar to "Opportunity Product") and make it associate with the leads and products. hope this helps.. -- Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan) Program Manager Microsoft Dynamics - CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for y...

Applications disappear; shortcuts no longer work
XP home sp3 IE8 Last week while doing routine clutter removal I chose the option "Remove Windows Components which you no longer use". Big mistake! I no longer have Microsoft Paint, which I use very very frequently, and tonight when I went to paste some text onto Wordpad, I got a message saying "The drive or network connection that the shortcut "Wordpad.lnk refers to is unavailable. Hardly a day goes by that I don't use one or both of these. What gives? How do I get them back? I don't see the connection with Internet Explorer. Just go in...

Value keyed becomes divided by 100

Replacing Exchange2000 server with "new" exchange2003
The plan is to move our existing exchange2000 server, with active directory, windows 2000 advanced server OS to a new server( new Hardware) with exchange2003 enterprise and windows2003 server OS. We were going to use the Active Directory migration tool. Will this work? or are there any tools in exchange2003 we can use. Is there any way of converting the the exchange databases the priv and the pub, bringing them over to the "new" system? Are there any other issues we are going to run into? -- John Christie John I would suggest that you install W2K3 on the new server, then...

UIThread and Socket ?!? (socket works fine but....)
hello i have written an littel application with a UIThread. In this thread i create a Socket, to receive any msg If the CAsyncSocket::OnReceive() fired, i read IN THE SOCKET-CLASS the incomming Data. After thi i call the Thread with PostThreadMessage() to process the Data When the Thread is working and a NEW data-msg is comming up, the Socket read it exactly !!. But the PostThreadMessage() call in my SockteClass is without reason. Also the Thread don´t get the Message ! How can i solve the problem thx in advanc p3p I'm not sure what you mean by the questions. What do you mean ...

Quote Product showing products not part of the Quote Price List
On the quote I pick a price list with 2 products on it and save it. I drill into Quote Product and the product lookup shows me those two products and products that are not part of that price list. What am I missing? I suspect this is by design, Bob. You might need to write a script to check if the product selected is present in the specified pricelist and display an alert, etc. HTH, Niths "Bob" wrote: > On the quote I pick a price list with 2 products on it and save it. I drill > into Quote Product and the product lookup shows me those two products and > product...

Help, I have lost my tool bar to create a new email
I accidently deleted my tool bar that displays the new, delete, refresh etc. Does anyone know how to get it back. Version of outlook? right click on the toolbar area, choose customize and look on the first tab - add checks to the toolbars listed. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LS...

Export Functionality is not working
Hello, I am using MS OWC 10 web component to draw chartspace on form. Export functionality of this component is not working. Please help. Sample code is given below. '---------------------------------------------------- Dim objChrtSpc as OWC10.chartspace set objChrtSpc = Form1.ChrtSpc 'Drawing the chart objChrtspc.export "1.gif","gif" set objChrtspc = nothing '----------------------------------------------------- Please note that i m using objChrtspc.ExportPicture "1.gif","gif" "Om" wrote: >...

Excel Table to Individual product list and spend
Hi, Basically I have an Excel data table and I have a Product name drop down list. I want to create a formula or macro so when a Product is selected, it would output the list of companies and their spend with the product. Below is a sample but the real spreadsheet has thousands of vendor names and spend for each product and there are probably ten product names altogether. Company Product1 Product2 Product3 Product4 Total ABC 7,009 8,000 15,009 Key 805,036 805,036 PC 56,016 57,470 568 114,054 Water 3,090 651 298,250 301,991 Total 66,115 863,157 306,818 -...

Hotmail Plus does not work with "Outlook 2007" nor "Outlook Connec
So I have a Hotmail Plus account that I have used for several years and it is not accessible via outlook 2007. I get the dreaded U/N P/W pop-up. How do I fix this, I have spent nearly 10 hours calling support numbers and online technical support and no one will help me. Please read the link below which states that "outlook connector" will allow me to access my email via "outlook 2007" then read the email from tech support which says that is not true! I really hate Microsoft right now. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA101993941033.aspx?pid=CH101411481033...

installation on 2nd computer u.n. & passwd.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) So, I painlessly installed Off:mac 2008 on my MacBk Pro and then tried to install on my husband's tabletop. It asks for username and passwd. His or mine? We tried a couple of combinations. It said "Nah-nah! Come back later!" Help? Yours, PLM On 4/13/08 5:29 PM, in article ee985f6.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "PLM@officeformac.com" <PLM@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) > > So, I painlessly installed Off:mac 2008 on my MacBk Pro and then tried to &g...

Mouse cursor freezes up semi-permanently with whole computer
Just got my first Vista computer and dont know where to turn for assistance with this problem: Tried googling it and all I can find are people whose mouse freezes for a few seconds but which starts working again. Every few hours (or more often), my mouse cursor and whole computer freezes. The only way out is to control-escape into a switch user and then (as there are no alternative users) log in again. As soon as it logs out, the mouse starts working again. So this doesnt seem to be a hardware issue? The only other symptom I have noticed is that occasionally at all sorts of odd tim...

Filter a product look-up view (product)
Does anybody know how you can filter a product lookup view (in 3.0)? I want to be able to limit the products seen based on a business unit. I.e., we have a pool of products and 4 separate business units. Not all business units need access to all products. The idea is when you create a quote/Order etc. and choose a product, only products valid for your business unit should show up -- Jim H. ...

IS there any short cut key to select all shapes
Hi, In powerpoint if we need to select shapes we do cntrl+A or we drag the cursor so that shapes are selected In excel if i am using shapes what is the command to select all shapes at once,else i need to go to each one and select holding shift. Thanks max Try Press F5 and select 'Special' and select 'Objects' >OK If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "max" wrote: > Hi, > In powerpoint if we need to select shapes we do cntrl+A or we drag the > cursor so that shapes are selected > In excel if i am...

macro to assign category to new email
Hello, I would like to create a macro, which assigns a specified category to a new email being composed. To be more specific, on executing this macro while editing new email, a 'Categories' window would pop up (which is also selected from 'Options -> Categories') where it is possible to select a category for the new email. Thanks for your help. rgds. So how would executing that macro be different from pressing the Categories button? If you want to automate assigning categories to outgoing emails, you can also create a message rule. Alternatively, this addin might be in...

How to verify computer account exists with in AD
Someone mind pointing me in the direction of the best way to verify a computer account exists in an AD environment? (code example would be greatly appreciated) :) Thanks! ...

Move exchange to a new server fails (urgent)!!
I did the following: 1. Took a good backup of my existing server and saved a copy of any custom forms or applications in use to a PST file. 2. Brought up a new Windows 2000 server in the same AD domain as the existing server. I made sure the following were installed on the server: SMTP service NNTP Service Terminal Services DNS 3. Brought the box up to the same Windows 2000 service pack and hotfix level as the existing Exchange 2000 server. 4. Ran DCPROMO to promote the new server to a domain controller. Chose to create an additional domain controller in an existing domain. 5. I waited fo...

Product key for different language
Just ordered a second copy of Office 2004 for Mac and with the shipment confirmation of the shop I have noticed that I have ordered the wrong language version and not the English one. As I already have a copy of the English Office 2004 I was wondering if it is possible to use the product key from the new non-english version for an installation from the english cd. In other words: can I use (technically and legally) the license which I have bought now to install a second copy of the english version or do I have to return the non-english version to swap it for the english one? I would ra...

use the repeat key (F4) in Publisher like Word
After following the help directions, there doesn't appear to be an option for repeat key in Publisher. F4 is the repeat key in Word. So, why can I not use this in Publisher also. Keyboard shortcuts for Microsoft Publisher http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP030885451033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dynamite" <dynamite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39869267-91E1-4664-B818-B3CA5D78BF34@microsoft.com... > After following the help directions, there doesn't...

arrow keys changed function
A few days ago I noticed that the arrow keys in excel no longer move me from one cell to another but now they scroll the current window. If I am in cell A1 and press the right arrow the entire row A dissapears and a new row appears on the right side. There has got to be some kind of setting that I changed to cause this, does anyone know where to find it? Thanks Tim Hi tim Your Scroll Lock is on -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "tim" <ms@tmlstore.com> wrote in message news:06f101c46dad$40a520f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > A few days ago I noticed that t...

out of office not working externally
When we apply the out of office rules in Outlook 2000 connected to a Exchange 5.5 mailserver, this seems to work only internally. External mails do not receive the "out of office" reply. How to resolve this ? Do you have "out of office" respondes disabled to the Internet? Get properties of the Internet Mail Service, swith to the "Internet Mail" tab, click Advanced Options. If you want to allow "out of office" responses to be sent to the Interent you need to ensure that "Disable Out Of Office responses to the Internet" is unchecked After m...

Upload Template to CRM does not work
I am having a problem uploading word templates into CRM. I am using CRM4, and have to outlook client installed. When I do a mail merge in word, I get to the end and have the option 'Upload template in CRM' I click on this option, and get asking if I want I want to create a new mail merge template. When I click yes, nothing happens. The clients are running windows XP and office 2003, and have not yet found one which works. I know this is not a user rights issue, as I have managed to get it to work, using the same user, but on the terminal server, which is runing windows 2003 an...

Programming Hot Keys for Outlook 2003
Hello, This is my first post to this newsgroup, and there is a chance that this question may have already been answered sometime in the several years that this group has probably been online. If so, I'd appreciate it if someone can provide a pointer to the answer. I'd like to program Hot Keys for Outlook 2003. For example, if "ctrl-a" when input while a particular message is active, should sent the message to an "Archive" folder. Things like that. I'm not a VBA programmer, but don't mind quickly learning the APIs needed to do this, if it is the case th...

How can I hide contacts from anyone viewing my computer
In the Palm desktop manager you could control contacts from showing. eg your contact may have a password link. You could therefore hide this contact by a password access... is there something similar in Outlook 2007 Mark all as Private? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, ozcallum asked: | In the Palm desktop manager you could control contacts from showing. | eg your contact may have a p...