Problems trying to get to <<Next Record>>

I am using Publisher 2003 and cannot find out how to get to the <<next
record>> as in Word mail merge.  I see this has been a problem since 2005 and
was wondering if Microsoft has since corrected this.  If so, how do I obtain
the fix OR how do I get it to print correctly?

I am creating a "membership" form in Publisher 2003.  It is on a single page
with two forms to a page.  (Each form is a half page in length.)

Printing two forms on one page didn't work because the same name and address
printed on the top and bottom forms.

I then resaved this document creating two pages.
Page One:  The top half of my form
Page Two:  The bottom half of my form
(Feeding the same piece of paper through the printer twice.)

I had hoped that by printing two different pages, somehow I would get the
next record on the second page.  I didn't.  Even though the document was now
two separate pages, the same name and address was printed.

Thanks so much,

Pixie

0
Post (1)

Publisher doesn't have <<next record>>.

Setup your page with one form on the screen.

If you want two forms per page, setup the page as 8.5 width and 5.5 height. This
will print two forms per page, the merge will be correct. It may be incorrect in
print preview, this is a Publisher bug.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Pixie Post" <Pixie Post@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using Publisher 2003 and cannot find out how to get to the <<next
> record>> as in Word mail merge.  I see this has been a problem since 2005 and
> was wondering if Microsoft has since corrected this.  If so, how do I obtain
> the fix OR how do I get it to print correctly?
>
> I am creating a "membership" form in Publisher 2003.  It is on a single page
> with two forms to a page.  (Each form is a half page in length.)
>
> Printing two forms on one page didn't work because the same name and address
> printed on the top and bottom forms.
>
> I then resaved this document creating two pages.
> Page One:  The top half of my form
> Page Two:  The bottom half of my form
> (Feeding the same piece of paper through the printer twice.)
>
> I had hoped that by printing two different pages, somehow I would get the
> next record on the second page.  I didn't.  Even though the document was now
> two separate pages, the same name and address was printed.

> Thanks so much,
>
> Pixie

0
mary-sauer (6480)
9/25/2007 4:20:26 PM
I haven’t quite been successful yet . . .

I did as you instructed by going to page setup and changed the page size to
8.5 width and 5.5 height under “Custom”.  Each time I went back to page
setup, instead of seeing “Custom,” it would default to “Postcard” (8.5 width
and 5.5 height).  This would not be a problem except that under page options
the only choice I see is one copy per sheet – putting the document smack dab
in the middle of the page just as Janette did when printing her 4-duplicate
cards OR multiple copies per page giving me two copies of the exact same
record on one sheet.

I do not get the option for multiple pages per sheet under page options.
Where can I find this?

I have physically printed my document and am not relying on the print
preview.  I still haven’t managed to achieve the desired result of two
different merge records for the half sheet document per page.  What am I
doing wrong?

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Publisher doesn't have <<next record>>.
>
> Setup your page with one form on the screen.
>
> If you want two forms per page, setup the page as 8.5 width and 5.5 height. This
> will print two forms per page, the merge will be correct. It may be incorrect in
> print preview, this is a Publisher bug.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Pixie Post" <Pixie Post@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using Publisher 2003 and cannot find out how to get to the <<next
> > record>> as in Word mail merge.  I see this has been a problem since 2005 and
> > was wondering if Microsoft has since corrected this.  If so, how do I obtain
> > the fix OR how do I get it to print correctly?
> >
> > I am creating a "membership" form in Publisher 2003.  It is on a single page
> > with two forms to a page.  (Each form is a half page in length.)
> >
> > Printing two forms on one page didn't work because the same name and address
> > printed on the top and bottom forms.
> >
> > I then resaved this document creating two pages.
> > Page One:  The top half of my form
> > Page Two:  The bottom half of my form
> > (Feeding the same piece of paper through the printer twice.)
> >
> > I had hoped that by printing two different pages, somehow I would get the
> > next record on the second page.  I didn't.  Even though the document was now
> > two separate pages, the same name and address was printed.
> >
> > Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks so much,
> >
> > Pixie

0
PixiePost (1)
10/15/2007 5:23:00 PM
I don't know what else to tell you. If you setup your page the way I suggested
the merge should work correctly.

My merge does default to half page postcard. I didn't realize it would do that.

Maybe if you use the half page postcard setup to start, it will work better for
you. On the postcard page setup it does say it will print two per sheet.
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

>I haven't quite been successful yet . . .
>
> I did as you instructed by going to page setup and changed the page size to
> 8.5 width and 5.5 height under "Custom".  Each time I went back to page
> setup, instead of seeing "Custom," it would default to "Postcard" (8.5 width
> and 5.5 height).  This would not be a problem except that under page options
> the only choice I see is one copy per sheet - putting the document smack dab
> in the middle of the page just as Janette did when printing her 4-duplicate
> cards OR multiple copies per page giving me two copies of the exact same
> record on one sheet.
>
> I do not get the option for multiple pages per sheet under page options.
> Where can I find this?
>
> I have physically printed my document and am not relying on the print
> preview.  I still haven't managed to achieve the desired result of two
> different merge records for the half sheet document per page.  What am I
> doing wrong?
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Publisher doesn't have <<next record>>.
>>
>> Setup your page with one form on the screen.
>>
>> If you want two forms per page, setup the page as 8.5 width and 5.5 height.
>> This
>> will print two forms per page, the merge will be correct. It may be incorrect
>> in
>> print preview, this is a Publisher bug.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Pixie Post" <Pixie Post@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am using Publisher 2003 and cannot find out how to get to the <<next
>> > record>> as in Word mail merge.  I see this has been a problem since 2005
>> > and
>> > was wondering if Microsoft has since corrected this.  If so, how do I
>> > obtain
>> > the fix OR how do I get it to print correctly?
>> >
>> > I am creating a "membership" form in Publisher 2003.  It is on a single
>> > page
>> > with two forms to a page.  (Each form is a half page in length.)
>> >
>> > Printing two forms on one page didn't work because the same name and
>> > address
>> > printed on the top and bottom forms.
>> >
>> > I then resaved this document creating two pages.
>> > Page One:  The top half of my form
>> > Page Two:  The bottom half of my form
>> > (Feeding the same piece of paper through the printer twice.)
>> >
>> > I had hoped that by printing two different pages, somehow I would get the
>> > next record on the second page.  I didn't.  Even though the document was
>> > now
>> > two separate pages, the same name and address was printed.
>> >
>> > Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
>> >
>> > Thanks so much,
>> >
>> > Pixie

0
mary-sauer (6480)

more than two MX record
Hi gurus I have and exchange 2000 server, two statics ip, two routers.- each router has it own Ip address.- my mx record points to one of my public IP and all email comes through this using one of my router, then my router push all email to my spam firewall and my firewall push those emails to my exchange server. I want some of my outside user to send email using the other router and bypass my spam firewall. do I just create another MX record pointing to the next static ip and use my router to forward those email directly to my exchange server my MX record mail.domain.com can I cr...

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Problem with Authentication

Trying to remove the last Exchange 5.5 server from my site
I ran the exchange administrator from my 2003 exchange server and tried to delete the 5.5 server. I get an error message: "Extension 'MSFB' could not be loaded". Has anyone seen this? Thanks, Rusty http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822450&Product=ech E "Rusty" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:367e01c3aa25$d8731b40$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I ran the exchange administrator from my 2003 exchange > server and tried to delete the 5.5 server. I get an error > message: "Extension 'MSFB'...

calendar problem

In Word 2000 how do I undo Skip Record If
In creating my first mail merge file I thought the "Skip Record If" might work for me. I will be running this mail merge on a monthly basis and used a date in the Compare To: box which will only work for the current month. How do I undo the "Skip Record If" so I can sort my data through the recipient list? -- Thanks, ChrisR Your post in the mailmerge.fields newgroup has been answered. Please do not post the same question separately to multiple newsgroups. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my se...

problem #4

95 and 97 problem

Getting Type to Take the Shape of Circles, Autoshapes
I am trying to get type (say a paragraph or two of 9-point type) to take the inside shape of a circle, oval, or other Autoshape. It seems that I was easily able to do this a couple of years ago. I recently added CenoPDF to Microsoft programs and I am wondering if this somehow took away my ability to do this, though CenoPDF has nothing to do with what I am trying to do as related to this question. At present, the type will only take a square or rectangular shape in a circle or other Autoshape. Thanks for any help anyone can give!!! See if the Word Art function is what you us...

Date problem

sync problems

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

Resource editor problems

How to get a Dial-up Connection dialog box?
I just got Outlook 2003 with new laptop which I carry back and forth to work. I use the same ISP at both locations, but with different dial-up phone numbers. When I launch Internet Explorer, I get a "Dial-up Connection" dialog box that lets me select which phone number to use. I want to get that same dialog box if I'm not already online and I launch Outlook 2003, but I can't figure out a way to get Outlook to give it to me. I had Outlook Express on my old laptop, and it gave me the same dialog box as IE. Is that function no longer available? -- Friday714 Set th...

Directory Replication Problem #2

Cell Format

outlook web access redirect problem

Problem after sorting

How can you get back a lost part of a document?
After typing 3 or 4 additional pages to saved document, I don't know what I hit but I lost all the added work. Is there a way to get it back? If the document has not been closed since the error - CTRL+Z (Undo) will restore the text. If the document has been closed and the changes not saved, then there is nothing to recover. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<...