Problemen met Publisher converteren naar PDF voor professionele publikaties / problems with converting publisher files to PDF for commercial professional printing use

We experience problems with converting publisher files to PDF. We us MS
publisher 2003 with the Acrobat Distiller. Our printing company
continuously experiences problems accepting our pdf. We use EPS.
Is there anybody there that has experienced the same problem and found
a solution?

We ondervinden problemen met het converteren van bestanden van MS
publisher 2003 icm Acrobat distiller naar pdf formaat. Onze drukker kan
met de pdf vrij weinig beginnen en moet elke keer losse bestanden
ontvangen en geheel opnieuw gaan opmaken.
Heeft iemand hier ervaing mee?

Simon

SiScho <simon.schoonen@personalcompanion.nl> was very recently heard to
utter:
> We experience problems with converting publisher files to PDF. We us
> MS publisher 2003 with the Acrobat Distiller. Our printing company
> continuously experiences problems accepting our pdf. We use EPS.
> Is there anybody there that has experienced the same problem and found
> a solution?

Can you describe the problem your printer experiences in more detail?
Without more detail, we don't know what the problem is and so can't help.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)

Electronic publishing someone who knows-how to 3 panel publish
I want to save my brochure so that it is not just 2 pages but looks like a 3 panel brochure that I would print -but I want to include it in an email and have it look like a 3 panel brochure is that possible. I was having trouble publishing to web-put I don't want to publish to a web page, just have someone who I want look at this brochure in electronic form but look at it as it would be if they received it if I handed it to them, and it wouldn't be like a regular page, it would be like a brochure-can I do this digitally for them to see like in an email? How to do? thank you!! P...

Problems allowing valid emails to get past IMF
OK I was under the impression that by using ESM/Connection Filtering/Accept that it would bypass IMF and allow that particular email to be delivered. My problem is of course trying to allow this valid email and sender to deliver and not get blocked by IMF. I have applied the valid IP under Connection Filtering /Accept and IMF is still blocking it. Am I incorrect about that statement and if so what can else can I do to allow this valid sender to deliver email to us? Did you also enable the Connection Filter on the Default SMTP Virtual Server? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne ...

resource dll problem #2
Hi, I have application whci load different resource dll depending on language selected. Everything works ok when I want to display resource like image etc in main program, but when I main program call dialog box, images in that dialog are not taken from new resource dll but from main application(in main program). In that dialog box I have different images for different languages in separate dlls. Stange thing though, text from resource string are taken properly from loaded dll. What can cause that problem? thanks Why should you have the same resource IDs in the main program and a DLL?...

WordPad and Landscape. Setting Print Defaults
Continuing the thread from above on "Putting a page skip on a txt file", I've now turned to WordPad to print the txt file. As mentioned above, I can get the file into WordPad to do the page skip, and format each line with a fixed font (courier, for one). However, I needed to lengthen each line, so figured I could use Landscape mode, which does happen to work for my case. Unfortunately, there seems to be no way to retain Landscape (or possibly the default font) the next time I bring up WP. That means the end user will need to do those things with each file. Comment...

Using Acces data in to send personalized letter
we have created an access database with names address etc; the input screen works ok for these fields BUT we want to be able to input the required data then have extra buttons that will allow the printing of a personalized letter for the data just input/onscreen and save it at the same time, and a separate button incase we just want ot save but not print. Sorry if you guys think it's simple but we are very new to this. Regards Adrian Hi Adrian, There are a number of ways you could print a personalized letter. You could create a Report each time and copy the record data to the relev...

Why doesn'yt clipart display in Word and Publisher documents
I installed new software and now the clip art in my MS Word and Publisher documents won't display in normal view or print preview. You can see the border lines of the picture, but can't display it, even by setting the order to bring forward or bring to front. Word art won't display either. Read the third FAQ here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Helen" <Helen@discussions.micr...

scan to pdf twain or networkscanner
hi all, i want to make a litle program which can scan some documents to pdf, jpg by using a local scanner (with a twain driver) or by using a networkscanner/printer. I looked at www, but i can only find some free test demo's by using twain driver on the local pc. Is it possible to reach an network scanner with fixed ip in vbcode ? regards, tom Hi, On 15 Feb., 23:13, "Tom" <Tom@sgreorgl> wrote: > i want to make a litle program which can scan some documents to pdf, jpg = =A0by > using a local scanner (with a twain driver) or by using a &g...

Accessing files on Desktop from in network computers
I recently had my desktop tuned up and when I recieved it back they updaed the Bios and now I cannot open microsoft (xcel, Word, Powerpoint) file with the standard application. It opens as Read only and the content of the file is blank. I can open the word document with clipboard, excel with the internet option and Powerpoint with viewer. In additon, when I try to attach docs to an email through the desltop short cut, it gives me the following error "ccess to the following potenially unsafe attachements has been blocked: xxxxxxxx.INK" Any thoughts? -- JCS &q...

Publisher file in email
I would like to be able to have a flyer appear in an email that I send. When I try to include the flyer, it becomes an attachment that has to be opened separately. Is this making sense? I am using Office 2007 (both for Publisher and Outlook). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! How to save your publication as a Web Archive in Publisher and share it in e-mail http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312157/en-us 7 reasons why HTML e-mail is EVIL!!! http://www.georgedillon.com/web/html_email_is_evil.shtml -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ new...

can't see photos in my document but they print
Somehow I've made the photos in my MS Publisher document disappear but they are there when I print. I need to see them as I edit and rework pages. What did I do wrong? How can I fix it. Thanks. Ron View, Pictures, detailed display... If this does not solve the issue, then your video/graphics driver needs upgrading. Do this, slide the acceleration down on your adapter: Control panel, Display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab. If your images appear when you slide the acceleration down, then go to the manufacturer's web site of your graphics card and u...

Password problems
I see that I'm not the only one having password problems with Money. Recently I've had to re-enter my password several times in order to get in. Today that didn't work at all - I just couldn't sign in no matter what. I'm quite sure I did not forget the password. Nor is caps lock set on. It seems to be some kind of Passport problem, because if I turn off Passport access, I can at least get access to the account. (I'm sure you can imagine how I'd feel if all my financial data went poof!) Yet I'm still able to sign in to Hotmail using Passport. Anyone have...

sending a publisher document via email to people that do not have publisher
Does anyone know how to send a publisher document to other's via email that do not have publisher so they can see it? For example, is there a way to make your document into an html document and paste that into the email and people without publisher will still see it? Give David Bartosik's site a visit for some solutions. Most folks will send their pubs as an attached pdf format file. Below is my canned response on the pdf solution. -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! =============== You will need a program to convert the file to a pdf ...

Excel 2000 printing
On one particular spreadsheet: I set print area; but "print preview" shows only one column, altho more columns were included in the "print area." Can you help? Many thanks, Joe Joe Maybe the print preview is only showing you page 1 of 2? Andy. "jfgelband" <jfgelband@optonline.net> wrote in message news:050201c3a7fe$34c58ec0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > On one particular spreadsheet: I set print area; > but "print preview" shows only one column, altho more > columns were included in the "print area." > Can you help? > Many t...

Named Pipe Security Problem,...
Hi, maybe this does not fit into this user group, but i dont know where to ask. Well i've written a windows service that runs with System account and creates a Named Pipe. The Pipe is created with lpSecurityAttributes = NULL. The Service starts successfully and i can control it with standard commands and my user defined ones. Now i wrote a C#.NET Frontend from where i want to send a byte stream to the Pipe created inside the service, but i always get a GetLastError=5 whenever i try to send my bytes from my client app. I know that i have to set the lanmanserver's registry key (paramete...

publisher #36
can i create flash text in publisher for a web site Flash is not done with Publisher. Also, please use the webdesign forum for web-based questions. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Publisher "mart" wrote: > can i create flash text in publisher for a web site ...

Digital File Attacments to Transactions
Another question... I see that Quicken 2006 has resurrected a feature they included in one of their earlier versions; the ability to attach digital images to transactions (paycheck stubs, receipts,...whatever). This was a *terrific* feature and really loved it. It saved me a *lot* of trouble, particularly when I had to produce a receipt for an item that I had purchased a long time ago, yet was still under warranty. I could go on about how useful this feature was to me, but I digress... I was a loyal user of Quicken and TurboTax almost since the beginning, that is until the TurboTax ...

Path\File name length problem Excel Crash on save as
I have a problem saving a file in code using: thisworkbook.SaveAs The problem is if the file and path length is greater than 150 then the Excel app crashes. I have tried this over a network as well as a local drive. Has anyone ever seen this problem? Thanks in advance, Stewart Rogers ...

Excel File
When we received a excel file through mail , while opening the file i received a error :corrupt file, run repair to to extract the contents. The same file when opened on another PC received an error : read only. Please asuggest a immediate solution Can you right-click the file, go to properties and uncheck read only? -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "ritu" wrote: > When we received a excel file through mail , while opening the file i > received a error :corrupt file, run repair to to extract the contents. > > The same file when opened on another PC received an error ...

USB comms problem
I have a Sony Vaio laptop VGN-FE38gp running WinXP Pro. It's about four years old now and is coming up with various problems (like an old car). From time to time the light on the WLAN keeps going out and I lose the Internet on wireless. The cure is a reboot and all is well. Ok, so perhaps a loose connection in the wireless adaptor. I also have a little weather station running. The module picks up the latest info by wireless and it is then connected to my laptop by USB and it gives a display and I am able to download historic data. After working fine for six months it has suddenly d...

Outlook Problem #7
It was suggested that to solve my problem, I need to uninstall and reinstall my TCP/IP stack as it may be corrupt. What exactly do I have to do to uninstall and reinstall. Thanks to all and hopefully someone can tell me. Regards, Pete Coppola New Jersey ...

Unsave file
Dear All, I have updated Excel file, but i was wrong to press the Button File Save to "NO". Please advice either there is any temporary file Excel in the computer...in order for me to save what i have done in updating the file... Your help is highly appreciated.. Andri Sorry, no. To save future tears, you may want to look at: file|saveas|tools|general options and check always create backup If you save, you'll get a backup copy built with a name like: backup of book1.xlk ===== And one tip that may help (also in the future)... If you know that you don't want to change ...

Is it possible to format a PSObject with a .ps1xml file?
This might be a totally ridiculous question...but here goes anyway: I have a couple of filters in modules that write PSObjects to output using code like: $x = New-Object PSObject -Property @{ one = "one" two = "two" } Write-Output $x There's just way more properties. How does one specify 'default' formatting styles for a System.Management.Automation.PSCustomObject like you can with other types using .ps1xml files? That may not even be the right question to ask. What I'd like would be a way to define the default formatting for ...

Develop Publisher viewer if you want to promote Publisher
Acrobat has done it a long time ago and showed the way! It's never to late, do it for Publisher, MS, if you want to promote Publisher! Regards Cris ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c08...

cannot delete or rename file on desktop
i have a file on my desktop named con.stock030801.xls. i cannot rename or delete this file. the message that pops up says that the file should be renamed but it wont let me. any suggestions? The problem is that "con." (con - dot - anything) is a Windows reserved name ("con" is short for "console" (the screen) and is used with command prompt commands). I don't know how it was created but generally it's not possible. For instance I cannot rename a file to your file's name, nor save a new one with that name in Excel. So this is not an Excel probl...

Linked Spreadsheets Problems
I have MS Office 2000. If I send a spreadsheet that contains linked speadsheets to my client, who has a later version of office, they lose the data when the spreadsheet is opened. When they open it, theyare asked by the program is they want to update linked spreadsheets. Regradless of how they answer (yes, no, or [X]) the spreadsheet opens with "value errors" in all the linked fields. Is there a patch for this? Newer versions of xl like to recalculate any workbooks that were created in previous versions. Jim Rech posted a registry tweak: http://groups.google.com/groups...